Venus Cursed! - Chapter 87

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 87

Everyone stared in horror at the knife sticking out of George's back for a long moment, and then Sarah rushed to his side, dropping down on her knees. She yanked the knife out and threw it aside before rolling her father's body over. She laid one hand on his forehead and the other on his chest and closed her eyes. Both hands began to glow, then the glow spread to her father's body. The light dimmed, flickered, strengthened, and then faded out as before.

Sarah smiled weakly, and then collapsed beside her father. “Sarah!” Erica exclaimed as she ran to her. She dropped to the floor and lifted Sarah's head onto her lap, brushing her hair from her face as she made sure she was breathing.

“Is she alright?” Tiffany asked fearfully. She'd called her knife back to her and stuffed it in her pocket. She joined Erica on the floor next to Sarah.

“I...I think so. I think she just passed out.” Erica replied worriedly.

It was probably much more difficult to heal him because of the magical effects of the weapon. She's simply exhausted from the effort, I think. Vash said.

George groaned and sat up. “What happened?” he asked, confused.

Mike positioned himself between George and Mary and growled, while Jill said, “Your daughter saved your life, despite the fact you'd just tried to kill her mother. I would say you should be proud of her, but I don't think you can really take any credit for Sarah.”

“I what?!” he exclaimed in shock. He glanced at Mary and saw that she had her hand over her throat and was still catching her breath.

Jill frowned, “Are you trying to say you don't remember?!”

He doesn't. The attack was an unconscious reaction to the memories we fed him. He hadn't recovered from them yet. Vash said.

Jill closed her eyes in concentration for a moment and then opened them wide in surprise. “You're right! I wouldn't have thought he'd react like that, but I guess I was thinking too much of the way Sarah reacted to those memories. I should have realized his reaction would be more violent!” Jill said.

George sighed in defeat, “You're never going to trust me now, are you?” Mary shook her head and backed involuntarily away a step before catching herself. “I'm sorry, I never wanted this to happen. I still don't approve of what Se...Sarah's doing, but I won't try to talk him, I mean her, out of it anymore. And I won't contest a divorce, if that's what you want.” He hung his head sadly and then stood and started walking towards the front door.

“Where are you going?” Jill asked.

He shrugged, “I don't know. Away.”

“Like that?!” Jill exclaimed, pointing at him. He stopped and looked down at himself. He had momentarily forgotten his predicament. Not only was he now smaller and younger than before, but female and wearing oversized male cloths that threatened to fall off at any moment. In fact, he had to hold his pants up and kept tripping over the them.

“Unless Sarah wants to change me back, I don't see that I have any choice in the matter.” he replied.

Jill looked at Sarah, who was still unconscious. “I'm not sure if she'd be willing to do that at the moment. But you can't just go out there like that! Besides the clothing issue; you don't have any ID. And since you're now a minor, you'll either end up in the hands of Social Services, or on the streets. I think you know what that would mean, seeing as you're a girl now.”

George shuddered at that thought. “You're right, but I can't stay here.” he said, turning back to the door.

“I'll take care of him.” Tiffany said softly. George started at that and stared at her fearfully. “He can stay with me and I'll make sure he has clothes and food and we can figure out what to do about his identity. Or I can simply keep him out of sight until Sarah changes him back.”

He seemed torn as he glanced back and forth between the door and Tiffany. “I think that's a good solution.” Jill said. “It shouldn't be for too long, and that will keep him away from Sarah and Mary until Sarah's ready to change him back.”

Mike shifted to naga form, still hovering protectively in front of Mary. “I'm not sure if Sarah will be willing to change him back, he's been a source of fear for her all her life, and has now attacked her mother twice. Are you prepared to live out the rest of your life as you are, if it comes to that?” Mike said, directing his question at George.

George snorted, “What choice do I have? It's not like I have any hope of changing myself back! Has...has Sarah really been afraid of me her whole life?”

Mike rolled his eyes, “Of course she has! What did you expect?!”

“I...don't know. I just thought I could toughen him up, get him to stop acting like such a...well, girl!” George replied.

She told you she was a girl! Why didn't you believe her?” Mike said angrily.

“Because he...she wasn't a girl! I was just trying to get him to face reality!” George said.

“Well, now it's your turn to face reality. Sarah is a girl. And her body matches her mind now. If you want to have any kind of relationship with her at all you're going to have to accept that fact.” Tiffany said.

George sighed, glancing wearily at Tiffany as he said, “I know that. I can't deny that she appears completely female now, and considering what she did to me I think it's safe to say it's more than mere appearance. That doesn't mean I have to like it.”

Mike snorted in annoyance and was about to lay into him again when Sarah moaned. She woke slowly, smiling when she saw Erica leaning over her. “What did I miss?” she asked weakly.

Erica smiled and kissed her before saying, “If I couldn't feel that you were okay, I'd be very cross with you right now for worrying me like that!”

“Sorry, I didn't know it would take so much out of me to purge the...curse, I guess, from his body from Tiffany's knife. He is okay, isn't he?” Sarah said.

Erica nodded, “Yes, he's okay. In fact, Tiffany just offered to take him in until you're ready to change him back. Unless, that is, you want to change him back now?”

Sarah glanced at her mother and frowned in thought. “I don't think I'm ready to do that just yet. I'm not giving him another chance to hurt Mom.” she said.

“What about his job?” Jill said.

“I'll call in sick for him, but he may lose the job if this goes on too long. That's okay, though, it's not like I need the money. I make more than him, and if I'm going to be the only one here I'll have no trouble covering my expenses. The house is paid for.” Mary replied.

“Sounds like everything's settled for now then. I think you'd better start working on ways to convince Sarah that you're harmless if you want to change back any time soon, though.” Tiffany said, glancing at George for the last part.

“What are we going to call you until you're changed back, anyway?” Jill said.

George stopped to think about that for a few minutes before saying, “I like the name Kelly, it's what we were going to call Sean if he'd been born female. I guess I can go by that for now.”

“Alright Kelly, we'll go shopping tomorrow to get you some clothes.” Tiffany said with a grin. Kelly shuddered at the sight of it, but that might have had something to do with the way the shadows were still misting around her.

“I'll give you some money for that.” Mary croaked, wincing. Erica helped Sarah up at her prompting and Sarah put her hand on her mother's throat and healed it. “Thanks Sarah.” Mary said gratefully.

“Why don't we help you clean this mess up before we go?” Mike suggested. Mary accepted and they all began cleaning up the living room, including Kelly. She was constantly frustrated by her weaker body, but wisely kept her mouth shut.

While Sarah and Tiffany were taking the remains of the entertainment center to the garbage Sarah said, “You realize that Kelly is terrified of you, and not just because you nearly killed her.”

Tiffany smiled widely, “I know. I'm counting on that. She should be a lot more tractable in my care, and I'll be able to get a little extra revenge on her for the way she treated you and your mother while I'm at it, just by being near her!”


 
To Be Continued…

up
100 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

She did it again!

The evil authoress led us down the garden path, then took a hard right turn the next day.

Meanwhile, I'm sure she's snickering and enjoying all of our discussions and speculations.

Not evil

As long as she keeps the new chapters coming to us, I'm not going to call her evil :)

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Oh, well, in that case I

Oh, well, in that case I guess I'll just have to end things here... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Evil!

Now that would be evil!

(Don't bother to deny it, you've been waiting for someone to say that!)


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Well, yeah! Got to live up

Well, yeah! Got to live up to my rep, you know! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You're not evil...

Frank's picture

You're just drawn that way..

Hugs

Frank

Who, me?

;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Yes, you.

^_~

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Teh Ebil!

If we start comparing ourselves to the characters of this story, my guess is that I will be mostly like Tiffany - for I have a good memory, a twisted imagination, and Just Enough of a vindictive streak to utilise it all when needed. Still, it doesn't change the facts of this story, and the consequences.

Tiffany - an orphaned child brought up by foster family - is a loner. Her first real friends were the other members of the group. Surely she knows a lot on how to survive in the world, and will impart this knowledge onto Kelly. However, there is no reason Marvin would not watch her as well as Sarah, so he will undoubtedly question a sudden appearance of a young girl at her place. Also, while it will require a leap of logic, if he learns of Sarah's father's absence, he will become suspicious - and knowing that Sean became Sarah essentially overnight, he can make a SWAG and realise who Kelly really is.

Now, he will have to realise that the only way Kelly could have come into being is because of something supernatural, and will have to decide if coming to speak with Kelly is prudent. If he does, we will know if Kelly's irritation with her predicament is enough to abandon the chance to have it reversed.

Meanwhile, Kelly needs to learn how to act properly, and that is no little feat. And his safety is also there to consider - since he can no longer rely on masculine appearance and strength to pull him through, and will not have someone to watch over him all the time, something has to be done. And I have reservations about letting Kelly have a portal power jumpstart or an active magic weapon. Also, Tiff will have to hide hers from reach. Okay, a possible solution is for Jill to lend Kelly her ring - Jill does not need physical protection due to having TK skin-field and having a magic attack is still unlikely at the time.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I don't see Kelly as wanted to be part of the group. He just

Frank's picture

seems to want to live his life however that may be. He'd prefer to change back, but if he has to grin an bear that he will. It's all about CHOICE folks, no on board is judge and jury over him. If they choose to abuse their powers then they've ruined someones life in a way Sean's would have been. Too rough? Let's make him/her a toddler. To grow up properly they'll have to wipe his mind so he no longer Dad/Husband not have those memories.

So Dad is a whole new person or they let him go in the correct body. Anything less is delusions of grandeur by the so-called heroes of the gtoup

Hugs

Frank

I never implied such.

I only pointed out that if (or is it since?) they intend to keep Kelly feminized for the time being they will still have to watch over him.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Actually...

I haven't read all the way to the end of the comments, but does anyone get the feeling that George (now Kelly) might have been so violent and abusive to his son--and wife!--because he also felt urges, but that he had to reject them for his "self image" as a tough MAN? I have a suspicion that Kelly may find she likes what is happening far more than DAD would ever admit. If Kelly accepts her new role she may actually turn out to be a better person. She certainly will have to face the question of whether or not she wants to become that man again. I say that the moral dilemma for the group will become moot once Kelly has had a few days to adapt to her new self and realize what she has so desperately been avoiding all her (oops! HIS) life. Kelly will tell Sarah that she does not want to go back to the way things were before.

SuZie

Kelly, Eh? I Just Wonder One Thing,

Was the name Kelly chosen because Sales read my story Kelly's Journey? I must admit that THIS Kelly will have a far different journey than mine has. Oh and if you want to do a side story on her, Please feel free to use the title.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

No surprise that

Sarah leapt into action ,That was pretty much as l expected given Sarahs sweet nature,.....What i was not expecting was Tiffany's offer..... (Although on reflection i can see it alleviating her loneliness!) Given the circumstances that Kelly now finds herself in , Tiffany's offer is probally the best the best solution available, The hope now is that given a fresh start Kelly will grow into a more sensible member of society.....Although given all the magic surrounding her, Maybe that might be a bit of wishful thinking!!!

Kirri

Tiffany is still under surveillance

So putting George in her care is a REALLY BAD idea. "Kelly" has no ID! Don't you think Mr. FBI will run a background check on this new girl that appears out of nowhere to find out what's what? And when he comes up with NOTHING, it will make George "a person of interest." Tiffany could be arrested as a kidnapper, and George will be taken into custody as a homeless minor and possibly spill everything he knows to get out of being a ward of the state. The whole idea complicates EVERYTHING when the situation is already nearly out of control.

Don't give the FBI man more to work with. Change George back and let him go. He's already managed to do a great job screwing up his marriage and losing his home. Now everyone is happy to have him lose his job and the REST OF HIS LIFE, and be tormented as a teenaged girl by Tiffany for payback.

Take a step back, Scooby Gang -- do you REALLY want to go down this path to abusing your power? When all it does is lower you to his level and make things worse with the FBI guy?

Randalynn

I'm With Randalynn...

...pretty much, on this one. But mostly I don't like the idea of anyone living with Tiffany as long as she's in a position to reflexively -- that is, without conscious thought -- assassinate anyone who does something she deems threatening. Depending on what George/Kelly remembers, simply associating with Tiffany could leave her terrorized. (Living with one's executioner, weapon figuratively in hand, has to be traumatic; if you dare to go to sleep it's something of a stretch to think you'll ever wake up again.) We've been through the question as to whether George deserves it, but this is torture, pure and simple.

And of course, as Randalynn said, it complicates matters with Marvin and the FBI to the point where Tiffany may wind up putting the knife in his back -- a temporary solution at best. I'm sure that Sarah and company could find a world to hide her in, but that's hardly optimal.

Eric

A lesson is

a lesson. Which a few days as Kelly might just teach George a few things that would gentle him down to who and what Sarah is now. Sarah, of course, is upset with her Dad for a lot of reasons, but especially for twice attacking his mother. That isn't saying she'll keep George as Kelly for any great length of time, she was a bit too upset and uncomfortable with the idea of George returning to harm her Mother again.

Also, Sarah knows all too well what it's like being in the wrong body, so I can't see someone like her keeping her Dad that way against his wishes for very long at all. It would really be out of character for her if she did. Unless Kelly actually decides to remain as Kelly. You never know, doubtful as that last may seem.

Tiffany taking Kelly in? Yes there are complications there, especially if it goes on for more a few days with Marvin nosing around like he is. Though lonely as Tiffany has been through life, just possibly her offer was also a kind of reaching out to someone. Maybe, just maybe, Kelly's time with Tiffany won't all be fear, terror, and discomfort?

We'll all just have to wait and see what the next chapter(s) bring, won't we? sigh.

Tiffany is proving more complex than many of us thought

Though she has good *rational* reasons to take Kelly in, in that it gets her away from Mary and Sarah who might reflexively kill her if she threatened either again, and Tiffany says Kelly fears/respects her due to the shadowknives and the whole shadow powers bit I think there is more. Oh I figured Sarah could overcome the shadowknives power but as we see it is a close thing at best and might not work if its too late after an attack.

Still wonder if the interaction of that much magic has affected ex-dad . Is she about to show some magical ability without having gone though a portal? Will all the residual magic make it difficult or impossible to make him an adult male again? Will all the magic exposure and staying with Tiffany turn ex-dad into a shadowkind or related magical person?

Mind you she should be careful, if Kelly acts out again, though the knives are ordinary knives in a non-shadowkind's hands they are still knives.IE nasty pointy ouch ouch, bleed to death knives.

I agree Tiffany is a lonely woman and subconsciously sees the confused and terrified ex-man as a soulmate in some degree. I mean, was dad ever really close to anyone even his wife? The *episodes* his wife had must have pushed him away from her. He may be a jerk and a homophobe but his wife's magic induced illness didn't help. It removed a critical prop that helped maintain what compassion he had.

Maybe he was mislead by mentors, IE clergy, a sports coach, friends etc, or just maybe dad has a substantial TG component to his makeup and over compensates in reaction to any feminine feelings he has? Oooh that is so cheap movie Freud but has some merit.

I agree with Randalynn that to keep him female against his will makes our heroine and co cheap and brings them down towards ex-dad's level. But some few days of girlhood are in order. IE the classic walk a mile in someone else's shoes may be good for him or her.

If he truly begins to reform by all means support him, if not let him go and cut your losses gang, but do so in a classy way. No scorched Earth on ex-daddy no matter how much I plead and beg for roasting him/her alive on a spit ...

Never mind.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa