Venus Cursed! - Chapter 119

Printer-friendly version
Venus Cursed!
by Saless
Chapter 119

The drive to Charlotte's store was quiet and tense. Once inside they made their way to the kitchen. "So, it's okay to talk now, right?" Tina asked.

Charlotte nodded, "Yes, we should be alright in here. But remember to use the right name."

Tina nodded, "Okay. How are you doing Willow?"

It took Sarah a moment to remember she was supposed to be Willow, "Uh, fine, thanks!" Her efforts at copying Willow's enthusiasm were weak at best.

"This is going to be awkward, isn't it?" Rose said, looking away from Sarah.

"Yes, but hopefully it's only for one day. Try to act like nothing is wrong. Rose?" Charlotte said, glancing at Rose.

"Sorry, this is just really weird." Rose said, looking back at Sarah apologetically.

"That's okay, it's weird for me, too." Sarah said, looking down at the table.

"Perhaps it would be best if you continued your lessons with Rose and Willow?" Charlotte suggested, looking at Tina.

Tina looked surprised, "Are you sure?"

Charlotte nodded, "Yes. We need to continue as if nothing were different. And perhaps Willow will have some new insights into glyphs."

"Glyphs?" Sarah asked.

"It's a new way to do magic Grandma introduced me to. We've been working on developing it more since we don't really know how to use it all that well yet. Come on, I'll tell you all about them." Tina said, standing and beckoning for Sarah to follow her. Rose fell in behind them as they walked up the stairs to Tina's room. "I'm kind of surprised Grandma wants me to tell you about glyphs, I wasn't even sure you knew how to do magic like we do." she said once they were all seated on Tina's bed.

Sarah shrugged, "A friend of mine seems to think I could learn, and should, so that works for me."

"Cool." Tina said, and began explaining what they'd discovered about glyphs. That led to a discussion about a trance state she used to practice the glyphs without actually casting any spells in real life. Sarah found herself nodding off after a while, so Rose helped her to a guest room. Sarah felt odd all over again changing into Willow's pajamas but soon forgot about it as she crawled into bed and fell asleep.


When Sarah returned to the table Tiffany almost asked if they'd made the switch. Remember, don't talk about it out loud. And that's definitely not Sarah. She's extremely nervous but she's also way too manic to be Sarah. Vash told her.

Oh yeah, thanks. It's hard to believe this is actually Willow! Tiffany thought as she watched Willow sit. It was soon obvious what Vash was talking about; Willow was constantly fidgeting.

Remember not to include 'Sarah' in our telepathic conversation. We don't need to go into the whole conversation about how we're able to do this right now. And I don't want anyone knowing about Vash yet. Jill thought.

This is going to be tough. Mike thought, but aloud said, "Is everyone done?" Everyone nodded, "I guess we should head home then." No one argued, so he led the way back to his car.

Willow was bouncing along behind him, so Tiffany whispered, "You're depressed over your girlfriend being on the other side of the continent!" Willow looked shocked and almost scared for a moment before comprehension dawned. She nodded and tried to move in a more subdued fashion. It was still more energetic than Sarah had been moving, but it was better.

Once back in Sarah's apartment they all sat and stared at each other awkwardly. "So, uh, is it like, safe to talk here?" Willow asked.

Jill nodded, "I don't see why not. Nathaniel will be watching Willow, not you."

"But I am Willow." Willow said, confused.

"Not right now you're not, you're Sarah. It's important to keep that straight until Nathaniel is dealt with." Mike said.

Willow nodded, "Oh yeah, thanks. Sar... I mean Willow said the same thing earlier. This is so weird, but cool!"

"I wouldn't think this would be so impressive to you. Don't you do magic yourself?" Mike asked.

"Not very well." Willow said. "I've just been studying magic for a year or so. I can only do a couple of really simple spells, and only with a ritual circle and all the tools and stuff. Stuff like this is way out of my league!"

"But haven't you seen Rose or Tina or somebody do more impressive magic before?" Tiffany asked.

Willow shook her head, "They can do cooler stuff than me, but not that much. Hey, can any of you do magic like she does?"

Mike and Jill exchanged glances, Vash? What should we tell her? Jill asked.

Just your basic abilities. Don't tell her how powerful you are. If she asks for a demonstration I suggest Mike sticks to forms close to his own mass. Preferably animals that exist on this world. Tiffany's powers aren't too flashy, so there's no need to hide them. You should be careful, though. She might feel threatened if she knows you could hear her thoughts. Perhaps limit yourself to emotions? he replied.

What about Erica? Mike asked.

Without consulting Erica first, I think perhaps we shouldn't say anything about her. Her involvement in our group is as Sarah's fiance, so you can stick with that and ignore the Null element for now. Once we've had a chance to ask Erica we may say more. I don't think now is the best time to say too much, anyway. Vash said.

"I can do things with shadows." Tiffany said in answer to Willow's question.

"Cool!" Willow said, grinning. "Like what, though?"

Tiffany pulled the shadows in around her until she was invisible, then let them go. "Stuff like that. It's not a very powerful trick, really. It's only good for hiding." she said.

"But that's so cool!" Willow protested. "I'd have to set up a ritual circle and all the candles and stuff and still couldn't pull off a trick like that!"

So, the magic she knows is ritual in nature. I wonder if that's the same for Charlotte and the others? Vash wondered.

"Is that the only magic any of you know then?" Jill asked for Vash.

Willow shrugged, "I don't know about everybody, but Tina's been learning a new way of doing magic with these glyph things. She can't safely cast any spells yet, but she did cast a spell without a circle or anything once. But it knocked her out for a while."

"Maybe we should concentrate on making sure Sarah here is ready for her day at work tomorrow?" Jill suggested.

"Tina already filled me in some." Willow said.

"Well, I'm staying here until we get a new place, so we can spend the rest of the night making sure you're ready anyway." Tiffany said.

"I guess you don't really need us then." Mike said. He and Jill said goodnight.

Vash, will you check up on Sarah for me? Jill asked once they were back in their own apartment.

Certainly. I already planned on doing that. Then I'll check on her father. I'll stay with her until she switches back.

Thanks. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow and this will be all over. Jill said hopefully.

Hopefully. Vash agreed. He rubbed up against her face for a moment and then disappeared out the door.

"Huh, funny to actually seem him open the door like that." Mike said, watching the door close.

"Yeah. I just hope Sarah will be alright. I'm starting to have second thoughts about all this." Jill said worriedly.

Mike shrugged, "It's not exactly the best timing for Sarah to have to deal with something like this, but she'll be fine. And once this problem is taken care of she can go visit Erica and that should get her cheered up a bit."


When Vash arrived at Charlotte's shop he found the door locked. Scouting the outside of the building he soon found a window open far enough for him to slip in. This proved to be Tina's bedroom, where she was already asleep in bed. He padded silently through her room and let himself out. From there he searched the upper floor until he found Sarah. She was also asleep. Once he had assured himself that she was alright he let himself out and flew to her father's apartment. He found George sleeping as well and settled down nearby to look in on his dreams.

Interesting. He is highly conflicted about something, but is pushing hard not to look at it. And the anger he is feeling, even in his dreams, is excessive. Whatever could be fueling this, I wonder? Vash mused. He observed George's dreams until he slipped into a deeper, dreamless, sleep. Satisfied that he had learned as much as he was going to this night, he returned to Charlotte's shop. Going straight to Sarah's window he used his very limited telekinetic ability to open the window and crawled in. Hopping onto the bed he curled up next to her under the blankets so he wouldn't be seen and went to sleep himself.


To Be Continued…

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Venus Cursed! - Chapter 119

Nothing like reading another Venus Cursed chapter, unless it's another Kittyhawk chapter.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Interesting chapter, I have a

Interesting chapter, I have a feeling I know what George's problem is and I hope he comes to terms with it, hope things go smooth with Nathaniel, he is way too dangerous to be loose, I think Sarah and the others could help and be helped by Charlotte, willow etc if they were a little more forward.

Maybe the shop and it's occupants might develope better power to deal with things like Nathaniel, anyway great story looking forward to more.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

This is interesting, but I

This is interesting, but I probably need to reread the whole story, because I forgot how the characters were named.

It would be kind of nice if you could put a dramatis personae into the next chapter, or something.

thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

what's going on with dad?

woohoo ^^ new chapter!

I also think I know what's going on with Sarah's dad, but that seems too easy. So I might be way of :--) I hope we'll find out soon.

Does Sarah actually have any need for Tina's kind of magic? Since she's a universe if I remember correctly or at least the equivalent of it.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

I remember

enough of this to keep going, but will have to re-read to get the full impact. It's just nice to see more!
Hugs
Grover

I remember

enough of this to keep going, but will have to re-read to get the full impact. It's just nice to see more!
Hugs
Grover

slowly but surely

Sadarsa's picture

Yes, very slow chapters, and what does come out is very short too. When it takes over a full month to write 1500 words, there's a problem of some sort. R/L troubles, or extreme writter's block, or just author loosing interest, i hope whatever it is gets settled soon.

....Still, it was enjoyable and at least *something* came out! Thanks for the new chapter,best of luck to you, looking forward to more. :)

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Remember folks...

This is a very long, very complex story with multiple POV characters - trying to visualise how multiple characters perceive the same sequence of events isn't exactly child's play - and short updates are better than no updates! Remember also that Saless recently had a prolonged spell of RLS (Real Life Syndrome) that interfered with her writing, and she's still trying to get back into the swing of things. Be patient!


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!