My Super Secret Life...Potentials-2.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Potentials-2.

Chapter 2

Landon St. Pierre looked at Songbird of the Ark Angels and rubbed at the fur on his face. “You’re kidding me right?”

She shook her head. “No, we’re dead serious about this Landon we want you and we need you and we can pardon you and get you out of here.”

“But teaching?”

“Yes teaching, I know you’ve been in the life a long time since your mutation kicked in pretty much and but you have real skills that we need.”

“Like?”

“You’re a skilled fighter, you know all about having heightened senses and you’re familiar with mutants of all sorts that’ll be going through the more feral mutations. You’ve been there. You know the woods and how to survive and you’re a licensed mechanic.”

“Okay…so?”

“Come teach auto shop, be one of the wilderness teachers and a councillor.”

“And what I’m a free man?”

“No, you’ll be under contract with Halo Academy for the rest of your sentence but you’ll still have the same freedoms as anyone else. We just want to lock you down in the position.”

“And you’ll pay me?”

“Not a lot, we’re not really ion this for the money y’know. You’ll be getting about thirty grand a year plush perks.”

“Perks?”

“Free medical and dental, free bus pass for Sanctuary, faculty housing.”

“Faculty Housing?”

“Rent free, just pay your own utilities.”

“I don’t know…this sounds too good and really shitty at the same time. Look Singer (Slang name for Songbird.) we both know the game and ho much cash I can make on the outside.”

Amber Swift aka Songbird of the Ark angels looked him over. Landon was the mutant villain Nightwolf not a really violent villain but things had led him into violence when his girlfriend had been killed by a bunch of shave gangers and they had beat him nearly to death.

His mutation triggered and he gained very wolf like traits as he became furred and his eyes became golden and other thins came to the fore like alloy hard claws like a canine’s nails and sharp teeth and enhanced animal senses. He still looked very human like…Victory said a midnight furred wolf version of the fictional character The Beast from X-men.

Amber had to agree, Victory was he 1rst cousin and she was a huge geekette even before she had gained her powers, since she became Victory though…all those comics became her instruction manuals and spiritual guides.

He wasn’t a die hard killer; he’d been almost feral after his change and having gone after the shave gangers. The rest of the time he had been out there he was on the run and pulling small jobs and being muscle for various crooks.

He’d already been in alpha Block for twelve years; he was the kind of person they were looking to recruit.

They looked at each other in the eyes and she looked away and took out an envelope with a letter in it.

“I talked to Laura; she wanted me to give this to you.”

He took it and carefully red it. Laura was his wife, the mother of their three kids and all but one had been conceived during his incarceration…there really must be something between them because she never left him.

Amber was pretty sure she knew some of what was in there.

“Cody…?”

“Yeah as far as we can tell it’s already started…he’s second generation so it’s hitting him right at puberty.”

“Dammit…”

He looked at her. “You’re not full of it. Not just him but my other two as well…even if they’re normal…they get a full ride education.”

“I promise, as long as the stay in school it’s free even the college classes that’ll be taught there.”

“And his siblings, they’re normal.”

“And we need normal kids there too to help socialize the kids that aren’t. We need to show people that despite the differences we’re not different.”

He looked at her.

Chewed at his lip.

“Okay…where do I sign up?”

…………………………………………………..*Cody St. Pierre.

I hunch and hide in my jacket and my gloves and my hoodie…yeah I’m roasting alive but…but I’m…

I’m like my dad and even before the changes had hit two weeks ago I was always getting shit on because of that and the fact I’m a mutie with mutie tainted blood.

But Melody was supposed to be different…she liked me for me…because I was into the whole goth thing and because I boarded and stuff because I was me…

But then we had sex and it was actually that morning after we hooked up when the cramps hit me and started twisting me up inside.

Yeah I got healing factor like my dad does…all that’s done for me was to give my body the go ahead to rapidly mutate ‘cause it wasn’t going to kill me.

By the time Mel had got to me to ask me what’s wrong my eyes had changed and my claws had started like some bad where wolf flick and she screamed.

Firing up my prey drive.

I chased her and she got away because e stopped myself from going nuts and I trashed her dad’s cabin.

The cops came and the taser bulleted me…

Spent the next three days in the jail because word had spread and there was an actual lynch mob outside wanting to string me up and they wanted to go after mom and my sisters too not caring that this never happened to them.

We got lucky and the town cops and some of the fire department did their jobs and kept us from getting killed. They got mom and the girls in to the station and we were to wait for somebody.

We never expected Champion from Paradise city to show up and get us out of town.

They burned down our trailer though.

April and Winter are really upset about it and Mom…Mom’s not worried. Oddly Champion looked worried. Why? Mom’s connected through Dad…Dad was a badass and yeah a mutant and all of that stuff but he had run with some people…people that still had been helping to take care of us while he was in the joint.

Still though it didn’t change things for me.

I’m still like this and as much as we knew there was a chance…we still never thought about it.

What hurts is losing the people I had thought were my friends, I mean I thought they were my friends despite Dad.

Guess not.

And Melody…someone had told me…she spent almost the entire day trying to wash me off of and out or her even using bleach.

It all hurts and now this…new place, new school but a school for us freaks…I never even really tried to take in the trip…

Okay flying over Ark City to this new place was…freaky and huge…nothing prepares you for it really.

I get out of the plane and I can smell excitement on Mom and the girls and I’m wary and confused. Yeah I can see getting excited about being here and stuff but mom too?

I pull my earbuds out and look around and…

He’s not in prison issue stuff…but a suit jacket and dress pants with sandals and there’s no monitor and no guards just him and a mini-van?

“Dad?”

I’ve never seen him not in prison before…

“Dad!”

I take off to him with Mom and the girls at a run.

………………………………………………….*Victory…

I look down from the windows at the Sanctuary airstrip and can’t help but smile. This, this is what the entire thing is about…this is the future that I’ve been fighting for.

Sigh…but a good one.

I should get going there’s more incoming.

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

nice moment

a job with benefits, but best of all with family.
good chapter, thanks

Not a lot of cash money but they will take care of their people.

Getting his family back, an honest job and second chance for him and the girl that loved him after he changed...even through prison and such a good chance for his kids.

This is exactly what Victory and the others thought of when they dreamed of this place.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Bad people can do good things

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Bad people can do good things and good people can do bad things. I get the feeling Nightwolf is the later from the way Songbird was with him. I like what he brings to the faculty, a sort of Wolverinesque school-of-hard-knocks approach that will give the kids useful life skills and teach them to fight dirty enough to save their lives. It's shaping up to be an interesting school. :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

The Ark Angels and the other founders.

Are very realistic in who they need for this. They're bringing in these staff and people that are the best they can gather and give second chances to them and their families. There's going to be some serious teachers and even more for the training teams of the kids as they hit the hero squads.

*Great Big HUGS*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Liking this alot.

Liking this alot I already liked your my super serect life stories but adding a school is really good. It's sorta your version of the Whateley Acadmey stories The whateley Academy stories please please keep up the great work bailey I love your stories you got so many good ones.

New school

I like the vibe, and the aims of the new school. Nice to see that there is some breeding true traits too. That makes sense rather than each mutant turning into something else. Good stuff!

Hugs
Grover

Great story. I really like it

Great story. I really like it and the whole universe :D I mean it's future and superheroes combined. It's not like the normals are helpless against the supers - there are more than enough weapons to take them down and it's not like the supers are hated by everyone, just by the jerks. And the authorities will come down on the jerks, I think... Well here maybe not, but it seemed like that before ^^

Thank you for writing this captivating story,

*hugs*
Beyogi

Thank you Beyogi, I love superheroes too:)

I set the thing in the future to make a lot of stuff more plausable at least. But you're right there's lots of normal that are perfectly capable in handling themselves. I might do some stuff with a few Baseline characters too.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

If you haven't, you should read P.S.238.

If you haven't, you should read 'P.S.238'. (238 is the atomic # for plutonium)

It's the web-comic that they stole the premise from for the movies "Sky High" (very closely), and "Zoom: Academy for Superheroes" (only loosely).