Red Thunder-1

Printer-friendly version
MaryMarvelhoover.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics
Red Thunder-1

A Metastory in the Comics Retcon Universe
by Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis:When Billie Tells his sister Mary about being Queen Thunder, she knows that she is also chosen and becomes the fiery Red Thunder.

[-][+][-]

As I flew back home, I was relishing telling my sister about my recent adventures. We were a lot alike, but there was also a bit of sibling rivalry, too. Growing up, we'd competed all through school to push each other to be the best that we could be.

As a result, it was either her or I that won the school's beauty contests with the other the runner up. We'd won many a scholarship from our exploits as beauty queens as well as out athletic and academic prowess.

But we donated the bulk of our scholarships to the Fawcett City Scholarship Fund to help others since thanks to Unca Dudley, we were assured of our scholarships.

I landed by my sister who was sunning herself on the back patio wearing a skin tone swimdress to allow for tanning minus tan lines. I couldn't help but smile as her lotioned body turned over at the sound of my arrival, "Hi Sis. Been having fun in the sun? I giggled.

She looked at me from under her straw hat, "Billie? Is that you?"

"Yep."

She got up and hugged me, "I've missed you, Sis. Where have you been?"

"Take a look at me, Mary," I asked.

She saw me in my Queen Thunder guise, "You mean to tell me that you've been at a comic book convention and didn't let me in on it?"

"No, Mary. I've become the Champion of the Earth, thanks to Gaea."

"Like Unca Dudley's been telling us?"

"Yep."

"Okay, why the cheerleader uniform and hose?"

"Mary, you know that both of us love wearing pantyhose except for swimming and showering and that I am the Head Cheerleader. So showing off my legs is no big deal, at least not now," I admitted.

"Come inside and tell me about it," she said as she led me into the house.

We lived with Unca Dudley in his house. Unca Dudley was given the old Fawcett University Gate House that was now the gate house for Fawcett Faculty Housing Complex.

The gate house had four bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a full attic and basement. The attic was dedicated to our wardrobes and had access to an upper porch where we could star gaze or grill while the basement held our launderette, storage and game room.

Best part of home was the outdoor pool and sundeck where we grilled and had pool parties with our friends.

I sat down in the veranda and smiled when I saw my sister, she'd put on white hose under a clean floral swimdress after showering, "Guess you were ready for hose again," I giggled.

"Heck! When Unca Dudley took us to ballet, we both fell in love with leotards and hose."

"True, but I recently found that wearing a skirt can be very demeaning, I sighed.

"Tell me about it."

[-][+][-]

I told Mary about how I became Queen Thunder and my adventures as well as meeting Jade. When I finished, she looked at me with new respect.

"So, as Thunder, you wear this costume and have those awesome powers, and as Billie, you have some control over plants, right?"

"Exactly!"

"Well, I'm jealous," she huffed.

"Mary, I now have an enemy in Sivana. Do you think that you could deal with him as I have?"

"Billie, we are twin sisters. I might do things a bit differently, but I know that I could handle him."

"Are you willing to do what I have done?"

"Yes, and I won't have your qualms about men seeing my bloomers when I fly," she giggled.

Then my amulet glowed and a section separated and floated to Mary who took it and placed the amulet over her head. Then we were teleported to Gaea's Presence.

WELCOME MY GUARDIAN TO THE BLESSINGS OF GAEA.

"I am humbled to be chosen, Mother Gaea. But why am I not your Champion like Billie?"

I NEED BUT ONE CHAMPION. BUT I DO NEED A GUARDIAN OF THE FLAME.

"Meaning that my power will differ from Billie's?"

QUEEN THUNDER RULES THE SKY AND HEAVENS WITH THE THUNDERBOLT AS HER POWER. YOU SHALL RULE THE HAVE MASTERY OF THE FLAME IN ALL OF ITS FORMS.

"You mean that I can create or destroy things?"

YOU CAN HEAT OR FREEZE ALL MATTER BUT LIFE, WHICH YOU MAY NOT HARM.

"But I can use my Blessing to help Life, right?"

YES. AND YOU MAY FLY WHERE LIFE IS. BEYOND MY VEIL OF LIFE< YOU CAN NOT CROSS WITHOUT APOLLO'S DECREE.

"So, I will have Queen Thunder's Blessing, but instead of lightning, I can heat or cool things."

YES. ARE YOU READY TO BECOME THE GUARDIAN OF THE FLAME?

"Yes, Mother Gaea."

THEN ARISE RED THUNDER AND BE MY GUARDIAN.

Mary's clothing morphed into a copy of my dress in red.

"A red version of my sister's costume? Why?"

YOU CHOSE YOUR GARB. DO YOU WISH ANY OTHER?

She looked down and touched her hosed leg, "I am even wearing Pantyhose like she is wearing instead of the white hose that I was," she mused.

AS YOU CHOSE, MY GUARDIAN.

"How do I return to being Mary Batson?"

TOUCH YOUR AMULET TO TAKE ON YOUR MORTAL FORM, OR TO SPEAK TO QUEEN THUNDER.

"Even when she is Billie Batson?"

YES, AND WHEN YOU NEED MY GUIDANCE.

"HEY! YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT!" I exclaimed.

YOU NEVER ASKED NOR NEEDED TO.came the amused reply.

"Okay, I asked for that," I laughed.

RED THUNDER, GO! YOUR TIME AS MY GUARDIAN BEGINS.

"What of my sister?"

QUEEN THUNDER AND I HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS.

Mary hugged me, "See ya' later, Sis," she promised. I saw my sister fly away and vanish before my eyes.

[-][+][-]

"Mother Gaea, have I done anything wrong?"
YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A WIELDER OF THE GREEN FLAME AND THE STAR HEART. BOTH MAY CAUSE HARM TO MY BODY.

"But they are here to protect!"

DO YOU TRUST THEM?

"They will not cause harm to the Earth. My Blessing to sense Life as a mortal tells me that they revere Life as well as the Law."

I NEED TO SPEAK TO BOTH.

I held aloft my right hand with Jade's Ring on my middle finger, "Jade gave me this so that I may contact them."

DO SO.

I held the Ring to my mouth, "Jade, I need for you and Alena to meet me where I am."

"Thunder? my Ring cannot find you! Where are you?"

"I am in Mother Gaea's Throne Room. She needs to speak to both of you."

MOTHER GAEA IS EARTH INCARNATE. TO MEET HER IS TO MEET AN ENTITY EQUAL TO THE CENTRAL POWER BATTERY.

"Power Battery? Please explain, Ring."

THE CENTRAL POWER BATTERY HOUSES THE ION ENTITY THAT POWERS ALL LANTERN RINGS. MOTHER GAEA IS HIS EQUAL.

"How do I reach your Throne Room, Mother Gaea?"

GATHER THE STAR HEART AND FOLLOW MY VOICE.

The I heard Alena's voice, "I'm with Jade on her ship. The Star Heart does not fear Mother Gaea. I'll be there with Jade."

"Are you sure, Alena?"

"Yes, Jade. When we met Queen Thunder, the Star Heart knew that we would soon meet Mother Gaea so that we could Qualm her fears."

"Very well, Let's Go." with that they left Jade's ship and appeared before the Throne.

[-][+][-]

WELCOME GREEN FLAME AND STAR HEART TO MY DOMAIN. I NEED ASSURANCE FROM BOTH OF YOU THAT MY BODY IS SAFE FROM HARM FROM YOU.

Jade spoke up," AS a Green Lantern, I am a part of the Green Lantern Corps, dedicated to intergalactic law enforcement under direction of the Guardians with only my imagination and intelligence limiting me in carrying out my duties,"

WHAT ARE YOUR DUTIES, GREEN FLAME?

"My duties are: The protection of life and liberty within the assigned sector. Following the orders of the Guardians without question. Noninterference with a planet's culture, political structure, or its population's collective will. Acting within local laws and obeying the local authority within reason. The Guardians' orders will overrule this when necessary. Taking no action against anyone or anything until they are proven to be a threat against life and liberty. Not to use the equipment, resources or authority of The Corps for personal gain. Showing respect for and cooperating with other members of the Corps and the Guardians. Showing respect for life which includes restraint of force unless there is no reasonable alternative. Giving top priority to the greatest danger in the assigned sector. And Upholding the honor of the Corps.

WHAT OF SITUATIONS WHERE YOU TAKE A LIFE?

"In situations that do not warrant death, it is my responsibility to turn over said criminals to local planetary law enforcement for sentencing."

WHAT OF YOUR DUTY TO ME?

"I shall preserve the Sanctity of Life and seek to heal any hurt that I cause."

AND WHAT OF YOU, STAR HEART?

"I too value Life as I am the embodiment of Life."

Mother Gaea smiled,I WELCOME YOU TO MY BODY. GO AND BE AT PEACE.

Then they were sent back to Jade's ship.

WHAT OF THE AMAZONS?

"I don't know. The Island vanished with Diana and Drusilla."

BE AT PEACE, MY CHAMPION. THEY ARE SAFE. NOW GO REST. RETURN TO EARTH IN MORTAL FORM.

Then I found myself back home with plenty of time to get to class.

In Jade's Ship

"Jade, what does this mean for the other's?"

"I don't know, but as long as they don't trash the planet, they should be Okay."


To Be Continued In Red Thunder-2

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos