Gaby Book 20 ~ Express ~ Chapter *6*

Printer-friendly version
Gaby book 20 cover.JPG

 
*Chapter 6*
Tonsil Hockey

 

“Max...Max...hmm...Maaax!”

The vineyards are not famed for their grassy acres, we’ve had to come quite a distance up into the grapes to find a reasonable patch that’s not too public.

"Geroff!” I pushed at von Strechau's head.
"What?”
"That tickles.”
"It’s cute.”

The it in question is my nose stud, the lummox is licking at my nose and it tickles! I moved my attention to his lug hole.

"No, stop I give in!”
"No more nose?” I licked his ear in warning.
"Okay.”
"Promise?”
"Promise.”

With that he rolled over pulling me over so that I was sat on his stomach from which vantage point I set to on his lips once more.

 

"Fritzy, come here!”

There was something damp and cold sniffing at my ear.

"Fritzy, where are you?”

I batted at the mutt exploring my hair.

"Who is it?” Max whispered.
"Frau Holdorf,”I supplied putting a finger to my lips, I mean the last thing you need is the village busybody finding you making out in the vineyards. Our patch of grass isn’t exactly well hidden, particularly if you are headed down hill, "Shush!”
"Fritzy where are you you silly dog?”

She sounded quite close now, the danger of discovery increasing by the second.

"Fritzy, shoo!” I pushed at the over friendly dog.
"Wroof!”
"Fritzy! There you are.”

Sugar! I managed to sit up at least before she pushed through the vines into our little dell.

"Er hi, Frau Holdorf, I think Fritzy was doing a bit of exploring.”
Her surprise was brief, she barely paused before replying, “Ah Gabrielle and,” she peered past me, “Herr von Strechau.”
"Er hi,” Max allowed with a weak hand wave, "Er nice evening.”
"Indeed, sorry to disturb you,” she allowed, “come on Fritzy.”
"Bye, Fritzy, I gave the hound a quick head rub.
"Wroof!”

Mrs H almost had to drag her animal back through the greenery, he was clearly reluctant to leave us. I'm not sure who was the more embarrassed, us or her. We held our breath until we heard her moving off along the path at which point we both broke into hysterics.

 

"You reckon she’ll say anything?” Maxxie enquired once we’d got a grip again.
"You really have to ask, she’ll probably know what colour your underpants are.”
"She couldn’t see could she?”
I replied by snapping the exposed elastic of said garment, “Maybe.”

Max pulled me back down to resume the tonsil hockey.

 

The moment was dead though, the interruption spoiling the atmosphere somewhat.

"I should get back.”
"Really?”
"Dad thinks I'm running around the course, even I could’ve done it twice by now.”
With a sigh Max levered himself to his feet before pulling me upright, “Come on then.”

We made our way out to the path before tidying ourselves up, not much to be done about the grass stains but we didn’t look too dishevelled. Going back down was somewhat quicker than the up and we were soon back at the mofa.

"See you tomorrow?” I suggested as he kissed my forehead.
"Unless Dad collars me again.”
"Schnitzel?” I suggested.
"I could be turned.”
"Deal, look I'd best go.”
“’Kay.”

We exchanged one last kiss before I reluctantly set off home. I'd barely gone ten metres before Max called out.

"Gab?”
I turned whilst still walking, "What?”
“Can you wear that ring next time?”
"Ring?”
"In your nose, I never got to check it out last week!”
“Max!”
"Just asking, tschuss.”
"Tschussie!” I nearly tripped over my own feet as I turned back round then had to stop myself skipping along the lane back into the village.

 

"You were gone a long time.” Dad opined as I clattered up the stairs.
"Er yeah, got caught by Frau Holdorf, she was out walking Fritzy.”
"That woman never knows when to stop talking,” Pater allowed.
"No kidding,” I agreed continuing upstairs.

Well it’s not actually a lie, we did get caught by her and she was walking Fritzy.

 

"You seen my best mitts, Mand?” I requested poking my head around her door. "What are you doing with that lot?”
"What's it look like?”

Her bedroom looked like a bomb had hit, clothes and shoes piled everywhere, suitcases half filled adorning the bed.

"It looks like you’re packing everything you own, we’re only going for a few days.”
"I'm not coming back, I'm going home after the race.”
"To your parents?”
"For a visit, yeah?”
"Nope, for good.”
"But you can’t, you’re part of the team, you will come back right?”
She shrugged,”Maybe.”
"But why? Is it something I’ve done or said?”
"Nothing to do with you.”
"So why now?”
"Look I don’t want to discuss it right, your gloves are at the bottom of your stairs.”

I took that as dismissal so after locating the missing track mitts I returned to the eyrie. Apparently I'm not the cause of her departure but I'm no closer to finding out the real reason, guess I'd best let the others know so they don’t put their feet in it at the weekend.

 

I laid in bed and looked up at the white blankness filling my view of the heavens, fog, just what we need. I glanced at the alarm again, ‘nother five minutes, it’s gonna be a long day today. I waited to hear Mand depart before succumbing to time and the need to use the lav.

"You got washing, Dad?”
"In the basket,” his voice advised from the parental boudoir.
"I'll put it in with mine,” I allowed pulling his smelly socks and stuff out of the laundry basket.

There was one of Mand’s ‘school’ blouses in there too, it’s gonna be weird without her here, even weirder when we race, does this mean she’s dropping out of the BC programme too?

 

By the time Dad dropped me and Con off at the kiosk the fog was almost gone, it looks like it’s gonna be a return to last week’s hot sunny weather.

"Looks like we’re in for a busy one.”
"Yeah, I agreed.
"Ot oh, I recognise that look.”
"What look,” I enquired flicking the power on for the fryers.
"The ‘I'd rather be making out with Max ‘look.”
"That’s not a look!”
"Well it’s not constipation so I'm guessing you two, last night?”
"You’re worse than Frau Holdorf!”
"What are besties for? So come on spill.”
"Okay, okay.”
"I knew it,” she crowed, "So?”
"We only went for a walk.”
"Yeah and?”
"We might’ve kissed.”
"You hussy!”
"It was only kissing, Thesing.”
"For now, and what’s with the nose ring again?”
I shrugged, "Fancied a change?”

 

The warm weather certainly brought the Grockles out although mostly they wanted cold drinks rather than hot food. The English Global coach reminded me of this evening, the couple of hours of waitressing that awaits us at the Sebenschuh’s Stube. Yep, busy with a capital B.

 

“Here you go, mistress,” Max stated placing a stack of crockery on the counter.”
"Give over!”
"She means thanks, Max,” Con interjected.
"So you escaped your dad then?”
"Dad yes, Mum no, I'm on stable duty again.”
"Best feed you up then,” I smirked.
"Pity we can’t test this out,” he prodded my nose ring.
"Shush! You want this Jäger or Wiener?”
"You don’t,” he started.
I shook the jars of sauce at him, "Oma’s recipe.”
"Don’t fib, Bond,” Con put in as she cleared the plates.
"Okay, Con’s Mum showed me.”
"In that case, liebchen, Jäger.”
"Give over,” I handed him a cloth, “here you can wipe the tables down.”
"Yes, mistress.”

 

"So what was all that with the nose ring?” Con queried as Max’s mofa put, putted up through the village.
"Nothing.”
“Hmm.”
I said I'm a terrible fibber, "Okay, he likes me wearing it, alright?”
"What else does he like you wearing?”
"Nothing,” I shot back before realising what I'd said.
"I bet,” she grinned back, "I just bet he does!”

 

Maddy Bell © 20.04.17

up
235 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No use hiding it, Gabs.

Podracer's picture

And you really fell for that one, didn't you?
As for Manda, something's going on. Something of an emotional, personal nature I'm guessing, and likely magnified to nuclear dimensions by a confused teen.

"Reach for the sun."

Nothing....

smdani4mm's picture

He likes her wearing Nothing, huh? LOL

Dani

SmDani4

She's coming close now

Jamie Lee's picture

Once upon a time, Gaby made the declaration that boys were totally off limits. Then along comes Tony and Max, and suddenly the dislike of anything boy is gone. With Tony and Max, Gaby discovered a fondness for tonsil hockey. And what else now.

Again, once upon a time, Gaby declared she would never be intimate with any boy. But how close is she to revoking that declaration because of Max? How close is she to doing something with Max that could completely derail her racing career? How close is she to do something with Max that would disappoint her parents if she had to tell them she was pregnant?

Gaby doesn't know how to control herself when her hormones are tickling her, she didn't reach sixteen having to learn how to control herself during those times.

Is Mand being sent home because of something at school, such as her now having a girlfriend?

Others have feelings too.

Fritzy

Ratted (doggied?) out by the dog, damn.
Con and Holdorf, hmm, looks like a gossip match made in hell.
And maybe Max is a little bit on the kinky side.
I bet Max'd like to see Gaby wearing nothing. Not that she has anything to be ashamed of.

Thx for another nice chapter^^