Angel in the Light

Printer-friendly version

10 years ago, on New Year’s Day, I was killed. I was the victim of a hate crime. I was a struggling young trans girl, and my future looked bleak. No money, no job, no friends, no family. I was desperate. I met a guy online who said he would help me deal with all of my issues. Against my better judgment, I met him. We met at the mall, and had a nice day out. Then I brought him home. I won’t go into the details, but he ended my life that day.

I found myself in a dark room. A single bright light shone overhead, slowly growing larger. A woman’s voice entered my mind.

“Your life has been cut short at the hands of hate, young Angel. My heart aches for you, and for all those like you. There are many other poor souls like you out there, alone and afraid. Many of their lives, too, will be cut short. That is where you come in. I shall grant you the power to avoid any more needless deaths. Hold out your hand, and accept my gift.”

“But who are you? Are you god?”

“Yes, my child. I have great love for all of my creations, including those that are ostracized on Earth. It pains me to see so much misery. I cannot interfere directly, but I can send angels down to help humanity. You, Angel, shall be the Angel in the Light for trans girls across the globe.”

“This is quite a lot to take in. But if it can help girls like me, then I humbly accept your gift.”


Every year, on New Year’s Day, I come down and grant the wishes of the delicate souls of hurting trans girls all across the world. There are many different kinds of wishes, and I do my best to try and grant them all.

“I want to wear women’s clothing,” is a common one. It sounds easy on the surface, but when a young trans girl is living with abusive and bigoted parents, that’s easier said than done. But I can generally find them somewhere safe for experimentation; a friend’s house, a hideaway, maybe some alone time after school.

“I want to gain more confidence.” This one is tough, as it’s all in the head of the trans girl wishing for it. It’s a resolution that she must get through herself, but I can help. Maybe she’ll look herself in the mirror, and realize that her transition is progressing smoothly. Maybe I’ll give her a bit of a boost to help her fill in that top she’s been wanting to wear. Maybe she finds a new favorite skirt.

“I want to come out to my friends.” Speaking from personal experience, this one can hurt. Not everyone is welcoming of trans people, even if things have gotten better since I died. But I make sure that I guide these girls into welcoming spaces, with warm friends who will welcome them regardless of their personal decisions. The step to come out may be hard, but with friends there to support her, transition will be much easier.

“I want to die.” No you don’t. You’re going through a rough time in your life, but things get better. Life has its ups and downs, and the girls that I visit are at struggling with the most difficult times of their lives, but there is a lot to look forward to. Friendships, romance, even somewhat more mundane things like an upcoming movie. Life can be tough, yes, but it can also be filled with excitement. There are painful wishes like this, and I grant them by eliminating the desire to die.

I am an angel who can grant these girls their wishes. Who can help them avoid the dark fate that took my life. I will carry them past this darkest point of their life, and into the light of the future.

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hey, Angel, can I book a wish?

I know its past New Years, but I'm sure I could come up with something . . .

Very nice, tight little story. have a huggle

DogSig.png

I Hope

joannebarbarella's picture

She visits me. Give me the courage to come out to my family.

Angel of Light

We need more Angels like you. But all year long.
Where can we find you?

Polly J

I tend to wish everyday that

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

I tend to wish everyday that i could awake from sleep and be a ciswoman. Thats my biggest hope and dreams though if she could throw in kryptonian dna as well that would be awesome but thats just the side of me that is nerdy and wants to be a hero lol.