My Mistake: Chapter 41

Printer-friendly version
My Mistake: Chapter 41
Samantha Jenkins

Friday evening Katie and I were cuddling on the couch when the phone rang. Mom paused the movie and picked up the phone.

"Hi John, What has you calling at this hour?" I glanced at the cable box and saw that it was quarter after 9... "Yeah, we'll be here, but I'm not sure how Morgan will feel about you seeing her in her nightgown." Mom winked at me. I shrugged, and Katie cuddled closer into me. "Ok, we'll see you then." Mom hung the phone up and looked at the two of us. "Lieutenant Chang is on his way over. He said he has some information about the investigation into the events the day of the shooting." Katie and I looked at each other, not sure what to make of this. "Morgan, if you think you may need Dr. Franklin, you can leave the room and call her, I'm pretty sure that John will understand." I nodded, and mom turned the movie back on.

#

As the credits started rolling, there was a knock on the front door. Mom hit the stop button, which caused the DVD player to revert to showing it's logo on the TV and went to go answer the door. She came back a few seconds later with Lieutenant Chang. He sat in the chair and faced Mom, Katie and I.

"Good evening," He started. "I didn't really want to swing by and bring you this news tonight, but the Chief told me to come tell you guys." I raised my eyebrows. "Morgan, remember how you had some reservations about being in the car that Officer Evans was driving?" I nodded.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked, my curiosity piqued. Lieutenant Chang was like Officer Mullin, someone I trusted with my life.

"You had a reason to be concerned." Katie and I shared a look

"Oh?" Mom said.

"As part of our investigation, we subpoenaed the cell phone records of everyone that knew the plan to get Morgan out of the building." He looked at the three of us. "This includes your phone records, we needed to cover every base. We found something strange." Katie and I looked at each other. "Remember how the threat calls came from a pay phone?" I nodded.

"Yes, what does that have to do with it?" Mom asked.

"It wasn't a pay phone, but one of those prepaid cell phones. About every twenty minutes Officer Evans received a phone call from the same number."

"She was communicating with Carl Paskly?" I asked.

"Yep. Apparently, he paid her a lot of money for details on your escape from the school. We've taken her into custody. Carl Paskly was, as you know, killed when he shot at the officers responding to Miranda's duress call. Joyce is still awaiting trial for her involvement in the whole mess. We still aren't sure how the Paskly's and Evans are connected, and neither of them will implicate the other..." Chang let the thought trail off...

#

Katie and I woke up the next morning, and didn't move for a good half hour. Finally Katie rolled over and looked at me.

"Morgan, we should get up and get breakfast." She said, brushing a few of her strawberry blonde locks out of her face as she sat up.

"But I'm comfortable..." I replied, my voice coming out as a whine that matched how I felt about getting out of the bed. I watched Katie's nightgown fall back to her knees as she stood up next to the bed. I knew the house was cold, but I could clearly see her nipples though the white fabric of the nightgown; another reason to not get out of bed... Katie grabbed the pink and purple plaid comforter and pulled it off the bed, revealing the baby pink flannel sheet set that was really warm, especially with the comforter that my girlfriend had just removed from the bed. I reluctantly sat up and frowned at Katie who was smiling.

"Turn that frown upside down." Katie started singing. I shook my head and crawled out from under the sheets. Katie tossed a pink ankle length skirt and black long sleeved shirt to me, followed by a pink bra and panty set. I started to change and noticed that Katie was slipping into a pair of jeans and an orange long sleeved shirt. I had always loved the jeans that she was slipping into, they were tight in all the right places and showed off her body.I pouted as I pulled the skirt on; this action didn't go unnoticed by Katie. "What?" she turned toward me, her green and white polka-doted bra the only thing that she had on above her waist.

"Why do you get to wear pants and I don't?" Katie smiled.

"Because I picked out what you are going to wear until we get dressed for Prom tonight." She smiled. "Besides, I thought that you liked me in these pants."

"I do," I said, with pride in my voice. "And why do you get to pick out what I wear, I'm perfectly capable of doing so my self." She gave me one of her smiles that tells me that she's up to something.

"I know you are." She said, before chewing on her bottom lip. "Don't hate me for this, but I kinda view you as my little dress up doll, besides, I seem to be the one wearing the pants..." I shook my head as a smile spread across my face.

#

Katie and I walked into the kitchen where mom was making waffles. Mom turned and looked at the two of us, her eyebrows raising.

"You guys haven't been dressed this differently since before Morgan set her self up to get caught..." Mom said. Katie smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I was playing dress-up with Morgan this morning." Katie chewed on the tip of her tongue. "Maybe tomorrow I'll let my little dolly wear pants." Mom chuckled and I stuck my tongue out at Katie. Katie shot me a look and I pulled my tongue back in my mouth and looked at the floor. This got a chuckle from mom.

"Well, I can see who wears the pants in this relationship..." Mom said, "Both figuratively and in reality." Mom opened the waffle maker and pulled out what looked like it would be the last waffle. "Sit and eat, girls." I gave a quick glance toward Katie to see if she would move first or I would. She moved first and gave me an almost imperceptible nod almost as if to say that I could sit at the table and eat.

#

Katie and I had decided to kill a little bit of time and head out to the mall before we had to get ready for the evenings festivities. It was kind of odd to be walking next to Katie and me be the only one in a skirt. For months we both had worn nothing but skirts and now it was almost as if Katie were in charge and I was her subordinate... I mean, she had, essentially, been picking out my clothes for months, even when she wasn't there to physically hand me something, all she would have to do is send me a text outlining what she wanted me to wear and I would do it without a second thought. It wasn't until I had accidentally bumped into someone that I realized that I was in a day dream of sorts.

"You seem distracted, what's on your mind?" Katie asked, her eyes and voice full of concern and compassion. I pointed at a Starbucks that just happened to sit caddy corner from where we were in the mall. Katie glanced over and nodded. She grabbed my hand and practically drug me to the counter.

"What can I get for you girls?" The young woman behind the counter asked. Katie took a quick glance at the menu boards.

"Two Venti Carmel Macchiatos, please." Katie said, ordering drinks for the two of us with no input from me. Katie had been around me long enough to know my taste in coffee. I watched as Katie pulled the Starbucks gift card out of her purse and handed it to the barista. She swiped the card and handed it back to Katie. Katie handed me her purse and smiled. "Morgan, go grab that table back in the corner, I'll be back there in a second with our coffees." I nodded dumbly, took the purse and headed for the corner. As I approached the table, it dawned on me that I had just followed another command of Katie's blindly. I sat down, my back to the wall, my eyes not leaving Katie and felt a single tear roll down my cheek. This didn't go unnoticed by Katie. Her smile faded as she walked over to the table that I sat at, and noticed the trail of water that terminated at my chin. She calmly walked over and sat down across from me at the table.

"What's wrong?" Katie asked.

"It dawned on me this morning that you've been controlling my life. You pick out what I wear, what we do. I just don't understand why I go along with it without a single thought..." I said, another tear rolling down my cheek. Katie put my coffee in front of me and I wrapped my hands around it, feeling the warmth.

"What do you mean?" Katie asked me. "I never said that you had to wear what I suggested, or that we had to do what I thought we should do. You could have always worn something else, we could have done something other than what I suggested... I wouldn't have been mad."

"Ok, That's all well and good, but why do I listen and do without a second thought?" I glanced down at my coffee and then took a sip.

"I've read things about people that are in dominant and submissive life styles." Katie said, taking a sip of her coffee. "I wonder if you aren't naturally submissive... I seem to have taken after my mother in that department. It's nothing to be ashamed of and, frankly, I only want what is best for both of us, regardless of who is or is not in charge..." I looked at her.

"When did you read about people that were in this kind of lifestyle?" I asked, not knowing when she would have read anything like that.

"It's interested me for some time." Katie replied, before taking a sip of her own coffee... "Did you know that there are people that still own slaves to this day?" I blinked at Katie.

"There are?" She nodded. "I thought that slavery was illegal..."

"It is. Slavery was outlawed by the thirteenth amendment." Katie replied. "Today, the slave voluntarily gives up everything to their owner. They chose to enter into slavery as opposed to being forced. I'm sorry that I took your natural submissiveness and just started telling you what to do without asking if it was ok first." I looked at Katie.

"People chose to give up everything to someone else?" She nodded. "Maybe we should try it since it already seems to work for us." Katie pursed her lips and then looked at me. “I accept your apology, although I actually wonder if you aren’t submissive as well, with the way you like to wear things that lock as well…”

"We can if you want. It does already seem to work for us even though neither of us actually realized it was happening until today."

"Although, with your love of things that lock, I wonder if you might not be submissive as well... " I said to Katie.

"No, I love the little click sound that they make..." Katie glanced around to see who was within ear shot. "That sound causes certain..." Katie paused looking for the right words. "Problems for me. It also causes problems for me to see you in clothes that are locked on and I hold the keys." I raised my eyebrows. Katie's phone chimed, and she fished it out of her pocket. "We need to get heading home so we can get ready for tonight. I think you are going to have a blast..."

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks for sharing as always

Thanks for sharing as always I look forward to more.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Oops

Up to now this has been kind of a fun, thriller story. But the dom/sub/bondage thing is a serious turn-off. I didn't notice the added keywords. Sorry, adios.

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

It will be interesting to see which way this swings.

I hope it doesn't veer too much to the D.S&B. side.

I have liked the story to date thank you Samantha.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I don't think much will change...

for quite some time. This chapter in Morgan's life may be finished before anything else occurs. This was more of a realization than anything. The girls have had their talk and are now getting ready for the Prom...

Samantha

Good story

I like the different lifestyles direction. So many stores are the same and I think its good to show a different way. So what yes thay are young but it good for young people to find their own way and not be repressed, not every one is finding the right boy and living happily ever after (Yet no one complains even if thay are young). Good work
Please let me know if you write the prom I hope you do.
Love and Hugs Hanna
girl_and_her_coffee3.jpg

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

My Mistake: Chapter 41

Nice to see the girls speaking and bonding.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Not the Way...

...that I thought you were going to resolve things when you blogged about discovering that Katie had been ordering Morgan around for some time. (I thought you were going to have Morgan revolt and re-establish their bond on more equal terms.)

It's certainly not your problem that dom/sub, however voluntary, makes me uncomfortable. I guess it doesn't help that they're both underage and I'm not sure how much thought Morgan has put into her acceptance. I suppose it's a concern in any situation like this, regardless of age, that the potential sub feels pressure to agree with the dom's decision to relate on these terms, and reacts accordingly.

Eric