Art Project – 3 The Prom

Printer-friendly version


Art Project – 3
The Prom


By Jessica C

Andrew’s attention deficit and being a little spoiled, finally catches up with him… The result bears unexpected fruit in his Advanced Art class… Making a prom dress helps to bring out a hidden part of him… His mother stands by to help dreams come true. A new life will become possible…

=^..^=


Previously=: My Mom spoke to Mr. Murphy, “But you have not commented on the gown and what was accomplished. Drew did a fantastic, his work warrants your constructive comments.” She then introduces Andrea who modeled the gown, saying, “Explain to her your failing grade…” Mr. Murphy started to speak, “I did not fail her, she performed exquisitely in modeling the gown, but it was Andrew’s responsibility…” It was then Mr. Murphy started to turn red… I had been transformed into Andrea; modeling the gown surprising everyone with the exception of my Mom and my classmates…

Now: Needless to say, Mr. Murphy had believed he saw me come from out of the back earlier. Jennifer had already modeled her dress and she put on my coat and a hat I had worn to go back out front. I had the worn panties and stockings under my clothes. No one noticed the little hair on my arms was gone nor that my nails had been trimmed and buffed. I did wear the wig I bought for modeling the gown. It was more eloquent than time allowed for me to do my hair.

Yes, I’ve been enjoying the idea of designing and working with women’s fashions for over half a year. All that time I became more and more in love with working in a women’s store as well as designing and making my gown. I tried as best I could not to be the one modeling it. But if I was going to do it, I wanted to enjoy it. Mom, my sister Leah, Sharon, and Terra blocked others from seeing me as I unwrapped the breast forms my mother purchased for me and put on a bra. Leah, Sharon, and Terra had fun giggling at my expense, but I enjoyed their caring.

The gown falling over my body feels exquisite; it is like my psyche is being reborn. Pierced earrings had been acquired two days before and only this morning they had been taken out and my hair brushed to cover my pierced ears. They were soon put back in. The blue sparkle from one pair had me giddy as a little girl, I was enjoying them.

Leah was in charge of doing my makeup, and she did beautifully especially with minimal time and the pressure to get it right the first time. Truthfully, even my mother was surprised it was me in the gown and under the makeup. Soon she went around and out to her seat. Leah and I knew I had more than enough practice in my three-inch heels. Leah had tapped her jewelry box to give me two rings, a bracelet, and a necklace that completed my look.

I waited for the last possible second before I came on stage and heard Ms. Miller describing the gown I had designed being shared with any who stopped and gathered around the runway. There was a hum from the crowd as it was announced that a boy Andrew Stephens had designed and made the gown that he was to be modeling. Instead of sharing my name again, I just walked down the runway showing off my gown. Several people had coached and practiced with me. It must have worked better than we hoped. I could hear people whisper, some more loudly say, “That is no boy, nor did one design that or sew it together.”

Well, Mr. Murphy and Ms. Miller knew, it was my design and me who put it together… After the fashion show was done I took my time going out to my parents and Mr. Murphy. Principal Hayes was there waiting for Mr. Murphy to comment on my gown. When he delayed any comment, the Principal turned to Ms. Miller. Ms. Miller had no shortage of words, “I have others who have put together gowns as beautiful as Andrea’s, but nothing as original and as well fashioned as hers. I even invited a fashion consultant from Northern State University to be here. And she's invited a noted designer from X-Press International to the show. I am very happy that she was pleased and they would both like to visit with Andrea/Andrew.”

Ms. Miller spoke again, “Andrew, I heard backstage you had a surprise announcement. I’m hoping you have a boy who has invited you as his date to the prom?” That caught everyone’s attention as Terra stepped up behind me.

“No boy invited Andrew but I invited Andrea.” Even my Mom and Dad pause and looked wondering if they were to take her seriously. I spoke up, “That is pending my parents’ approval, but yes I want to go with her as Andrea. But the next time I wear this I want to go to a salon and have my hair and nails

professionally done.”

Even I was dazed by Terra a senior asking me to her prom as her date. She says, “I want him to pass both classes with flying colors. So Mrs. Stephens is it okay if I take your Andrea to the prom?” Everyone looked to my Mom.

“He’s Andrew to me wearing a beautiful gown he created. I am thankful that he has a special friend like you. If you get appointments at the same salon, I’ll pay for both of you that includes any extras.”

Terra says, “That sounds great, but I’d like it if he can come in girl mode. Would it be okay if we went out once or twice before the prom?”

Mom says, “I thought you still had a boyfriend, won’t he be upset?”

“He’s away from here and I’m going to the University another seventy miles in the other direction. I chose not to keep a long-distance relationship for the next four years. He’s already growing and becoming someone different. I believe I will be doing the same as well. My studies will be in environmental sciences with a minor in teaching. Your son has an appreciation of that.”

I finally speak up, “Mom, I want to go to the prom with her and I’m pretty sure you’re going to say yes. Can we please end this little drama?” Mom smiled and said, “Yes.”

=^_^=


I went to change out of the gown and was met by Carrie on the way. She was carrying an outfit on a hanger and covered with a dress bag. “Here Andrea, if you will change into this I have an appointment for your hair and nails to be done. I already have your mother’s approval.” I was feeling light-headed enough that I quickly found a chair.

Carrie and Mom were quickly there, “Are you alright,” Mom asked? I put my hands up to my eyes. I wanted to cry, but I don’t want to wreck my makeup. “Honey, what’s the matter?”

I regain enough composure to take my hands away and to look up to my Mom. “Mom, Carrie brought me an outfit and said she’d treat me to an appointment at a salon. It’s crazy I know, I would like to do it, but I don’t want you and Dad angry with me. Mom, the person that examined the dress that’s with Ms. Miller, ‘J. C. Harper,’ I’ve heard of her she’s good, more than very good. Why would she come to see me or this show?"

Mom is waving her hands like she’s saying, “Slow down, Honey, slow down and relax.” I sneak a peek under the plastic bag that Carrie’s holding. I recognize which skirt it probably is from her store and it excites me. Now, I’m wondering what she has chosen to go with it. I try standing up, but standing in my gown is different and I need to reach for a hand to help me up keeping my balance.

Mom says, “Honey take the clothes and go change out of your gown. You did beautifully out there. I think you earned a fun experience as a girl. Just let yourself enjoy the weekend.”

As I change, I call Leah to be in to help me with my gown. There’s a slip as well as the gown. I have shoes and my stockings to change out of. I’m down to my panties as I glance into the long mirror. Even now in the mirror, I am looking like a pretty teen girl. Leah notices me looking at the mirror. “She’s a girl and not the boy you expected, isn’t she?” I mumble yes.

“It’s okay, even our stepdad realizes the change. His only concern seems to be how to help and support you.” Leah hands me a different bra as the top Carrie chose for me has a lower neckline. It requires a different bra. Leah is amused as I situate my breasts into the cups as I put on the bra and clasp it behind my back. Leah asks, “Where did you learn to do that?”

It took me a minute to think what she was asking; the fact I clasped the bra on behind my back. “I don’t know I just did it. Isn’t that how girls do it, I guess I learned seeing it in movies?”

Leah smiles as she helps me put my blouse on. She says, “Yes, but they and I have practiced it for a few years, you shouldn’t be so well versed to be doing it without thinking.” She has the skirt open for me to step into it. The skirt is nicely lined and it is a much better skirt than I would have thought Carrie would give me to wear.

We step out of the changing room and back out to the front of the department store. J.C. Harper and Prof. Riggs greet me as Ms. Miller introduces us. I am shy and embarrassed as I shake Harper’s hand. Prof. Riggs says, “It appears you know of her?”

I say, “Yes, she was in a couple of the fashion magazines and websites I checked out as I was doing my project. I can’t see why she would be here.”

J.C. smiles and speaks up, “Did you really design and make your gown, or are people covering for you? They say you also drew these sketches of your classmates with various designs. Where did you copy them from?”

I became defensive, “I didn’t copy them. They might not look like it, but I quickly sketched them and colored them in later. They never got finished, as I wasn’t designing their gowns and dresses.”

J.C. interrupted me saying, “I’m not being critical. I’m impressed if you drew them; they captured your classmates and the gowns were uniquely appropriate for each one of them. That is a gift and talent you seem to have. Your teacher knew that when she contacted Prof. Riggs. If you and your parents are open to it, I would suggest you move to the university and go to a high school there and begin developing your abilities.”

=^..^=


Carrie walks me over to a special salon that was part of the mall, but very much out of sight. Someone said it was not for the average shopper. They only had three salon stations and Maxine would be working with me today. Carrie left me, as J.C. stayed to talk with me. “What would you say about drawing up some sketches for this summer and next fall? I would like to produce a good sample of them and see how they fare in the marketplace.”

By this time, I’m thinking this is an elaborate hoax to embarrass me for all I did. So I tell her, “I don’t know how far people are going with this charade. It would be wonderful if it were all true. I can’t believe my Mom and Carrie would have gone along with it.”

J.C. Harper is amused that I am not taking her seriously. I even ask Maxine to stop. Finally, Ms. Harper says, “Take a deep breath, pinch yourself, and then let it sink in. I am impressed with your talent, I wouldn’t come here to be part of a game as you say. I like the idea of marketing a teenage boy designing clothes with a flair for teen women. I even have an initial contract and a bonus check if you’d agree to do it.” She waves the check and I stretch to see it. She holds it so I can see that it is made out for $500.

I quickly say, “No, I don’t want to embarrass myself.”

She says, “I told them the same thing. I can offer you a thousand dollars and your parents can help so we don’t embarrass you. I do need to get an initial agreement however to give you the check.”

I ask, “Does this mean I have to change schools as you say?”

I hear my Mom say, “You wouldn’t have to, but the idea has merit. University High has a good balance of regular high school students and students with individualized programs. You’d also be able to do some advanced study at the University.”

JC says, “And if you’d like some time to go to class as Andrea, Dr. Riggs said the school has already approved similar agreements for other students.”

“Mom, I never said I wanted to go to school as a girl, what made you think about that?”

Mom says, “I knew you purchased at least three things at Carrie’s that you did not give away as gifts. The other week when I went to hang up some of your laundry, I saw close to twelve hangers that had skirts, blouses and even two dresses that I didn’t know of.”

She continued, “My friend who stopped by and got into several conversations with you is a capable therapist. She hasn’t confided in me, she’d need your permission to do that. But she did tell me it would be good for you to meet with her if you’re open to it.”

=^..^=


It was then I noticed Maxine had continued to style my hair and placed it up in rollers. She told me, “This isn’t a perm but you do need to sit under the dryer so it will hold its style for the weekend.”

I turn to Ms. Harper, “If I agree to what you’re asking would it be possible to get $1,200 and be able to contact you, more like a friend. I do like your taste in designing clothes and coming to see me?”

She says, “If you’d sign this working agreement; I have a check for you but it’s already made out for one thousand two hundred and fifty dollars. That was the maximum I was allowed to give you as a bonus. And yes to us becoming friends. I want to be able to say I was there at the beginning and helped discover you.” I knew I blushed at that point.

Mom had her make the check out to Andrew with Andrea written into the memo line. Mom and J.C. left me alone after that. Leah waited around for my appointment to end. I was happy to have all the hassle over and begin to relax. Maxine gave me a makeover and painted my nails as well. She and I agreed on the choice of the mauve nail polish and lip gloss.

The makeover like the styling of my hair was nothing drastic but was more than pleasing enough for me. I was looking like a good looking teen girl. What I didn’t have were shoes to go with the outfit I’m wearing. It was at the second store Leah and I agreed on a pair of two-inch heels. The look was complete, and I was now walking through the mall as a girl.

J.C. Harper was watching me and was amused with each step that I became more of a girl. So after the shoes were purchased, she and I let the others go one way as JC and I walked another.
She asked, “Does Leah go to the state university? Do you think she might be willing to share an apartment or be comfortable if you were at least in the same building and if needed to check up on you?”

I asked, “Do you really think it would make enough of a difference if I lived there and went to a different school?”

She says, “I think in time your creativity will suffer if you’re here. The novelty of having you here will lead to more and more hassles. I don’t mean to pre-judge your community it might be the exception. Central High School, not only has an LGBT community, you’d find a good portion of the straight community loves having a diverse community of friends. I wouldn’t be surprised if you gained several other girlfriends, who are into fashion. They would probably even share their fashion, makeup, and other tips. That would help round you out with the community you’d be designing clothing for. They also would love to get to know you and your stuff.”

JC asks, “Do you think you could get into dressing more than half the time dressing in femme, wearing your fashions, and more?”

I didn’t mean to let down my defenses and denial, but I began to soften. “Do you really think the school would be comfortable with me crossing over when I wanted?” I paused, “But I wouldn’t even know how to approach the subject with my Mom.”

J.C. says, “If I were you, I wouldn’t drop everything at once upon her, but I’m sure your mother already knows her son is changing. She’s probably not sure if Andrew is who’s going to be the creator designer, but she does see you blossoming. I think even her husband is so in love with your Mom enough that he’ll be there for you as well.”

=^..^=


We’ve stopped in front of the window at Soma’s. I was not mindful that a tunic top had caught my eye along with some pretty bras and panties. JC says, “I think you’d look very nice in that. Would you wear something like leggings with it, or a skirt or slacks?” I’m caught up in thought until she asks, “Don’t tell me you’d be more daring. Let’s go in and look around.” I try to say no, but she’s walking in without arguing and I’m following her.

You’d think my breasts were real as much as I take interest in a bra and panty set. JC is correct my eyes did latch on the tunic, but I wasn’t sure if it was a dress or a top. Either way, I’m pretty sure I was envisioning it with a pair of leggings or a slightly longer skirt. I text my Mom about buying a bra/panty set along with the tunic. JC said she’d buy me my choice of leggings. Mom text back, “You have two hundred from your bonus, but don’t plan on spending more than a hundred if you can help it.”

Leah soon called, “If you’re not a girl and your breasts aren’t real, why are you interested in buying an expensive bra/panty set?”

=^_^=


It was 7:30 when we went to dinner at the country club. Two women recognized JC Harper was with us and came over to ask to have a picture with her. JC simply said, “If you’re here after we’re done with our dinner that would be fine, but I’m dining a client.”

The women looked, recognizing my parents and Leah but not me or Heidi. “Do you mean it was this daughter who designed the gown?”

JC would have let it pass except it might result in problems with me and the school. JC came and stood with me. “This is Andrea and she designed and made her gown. I’m pretty sure you will be hearing more about her or Andrew. …Now if you’d like, you could take a picture of us, but we need to return to our dinner.”

Thankfully my father let it be known, “We’d like to be out here looking over the club grounds, but I’ll ask for a private dining area if need be.”

I worked to concentrate on how I was eating. I took smaller bites and used a lot less salad dressing. Ordering a lighter dinner than usual was not lost on Mom or Dad. I moved my chair back like I wanted to go to the bathroom but quickly thought the better of it. Leah was the first to recognize my need and she asked me, “Andrea would you please accompany me to the women’s restroom?” Mom and JC came soon followed.

JC calmed me, “You’re doing well young lady.” I had used the toilet and made sure I was back together properly before I came back out. Mom coached me as I fixed my face and hair.

=^_^=


The Prom was three weeks away and you’d think I had become a giddy girl in preparing for it. So often I’d get daydreaming: Thinking of this and that wondering what a regular girl thought. Several girls were jealous J.C. Harper had been there and I didn’t tell them. Brenda was perturbed, “I can’t believe she’d waste her time coming to see you. How much did it cost to get her to come here?”

A week before the prom Leah was home from college for the summer. She talked me into wearing a pair of panties and a camisole under my shirt to school. She told me other students wouldn’t know. I believed her and it wasn’t until art class that Jennifer and Linda told me a lot of the girls at school knew.

Terra said, “Some of the smarter ones are saying it goes along with your artistic makeup.” Linda adds, “Some of them think you’re the kind of boy who identifies with girls.”

It was between classes that Heidi sought me out and asked, “What made you do something like wearing panties under your clothes? You could have at least warned me. I would have stayed home and not been embarrassed. But no not you.”

It was the first time another school looked good to me. Now I’m hoping it won’t ruin Terra letting me go with her to the Prom.

To be continued…

up
333 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

From good to troublesome

Renee_Heart2's picture

Ther ALWAYS has to be one or in this case a few to ruin a good thing.

Andrea is starting to come into her own & her sister is smart. She has some support from some of her friends but there are ALWAYS a few biggots. Even among teens.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Andrea/Andrew can simply say

Andrea/Andrew can simply say to the Heidi and Brenda "see ya, NOT; as I go and begin my new career while attending the university." "What are you two losers going to be doing during that time?" Would serve them both right.

Jealousy is rearing its ugly

Jealousy is rearing its ugly head in the girls, I hope Andrew/Andrea doesn't encounter too many problems from the girls.

And if s/he does I hope the school isn't bigoted enough to ignore it because Andrew screwed up in not paying attention in the first place.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Clothing

So how did the people at Andrew's school learn he was wearing a camisole and panties? They couldn't have seen them underneath his shirt. So who sold him out just for the pleasure of humiliating him?


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Cross dresser beware...

Omega Girl, thanks for reading and commenting. That one cannot actually see does not mean they can't actually tell. The outlines of some clothing, including that of straps differ from what a boy might regularly wear. Even when we're pretty sure something won't show, we might not have thought all the possibility of when we sit and stretch. Often before we tuck a shirt back in, some pull out or loosen clothing first. Sometimes I noticed I was showing, hopefully before others. Sometimes we push what is safe.

Jennifer, Terra and Linda were watching for me to sneak some girls' clothing they were fairly sure I had. Seemingly after the fashion show so were other girls..

Hugs, of thanks, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Immovable object

Jamie Lee's picture

Andrew took advantage of situations by claiming it was his disability which caused him problems. But going by this story, he knew exactly what he was doing. And so did his mom.

But for once in his life he met an immovable object by the name of Mr. Murphy. A man who wasn't going to let a boys' disability keep that boy from following his rules.

Andrew did know he'd have to model any clothing he made, since he constantly felt sure he'd get an exemption from modeling the gown he was creating.

Yet the real question deals with when Andrew realized he wasn't getting an exemption and would have to model the gown. Did he just give in to modeling the gown or did he secretly hope he could. As prepared as he was to model the gown it could be said he secretly hoped he could.

The cat is out of the bag, how far will it be taken? Only more of this story can answer the question.

Others have feelings too.

Re-reading from the start

Was going to read the last chapter but decided to start from the beginning and read it straight through. Had to take a small break to catch some Z's though. At this point I'm having trouble getting a feel for Andrew. Some times he seems clueless and other times he's totally on the ball. Perhaps that comes from his ADHD. I don't have any background there so I can't judge his reactions.

The teacher, Mr. Murphy, seems content to watch Andrew make a fool of himself. Teachers are supposed to guide their students, not just regurgitate facts on the students in hopes they will learn something. Ms. Miller also should have required Andrew to supply her with a statement from Mr. Murphy expressly saying that Andrew is getting a waiver of the requirment. Of course, we wouldn't have a story then!

At this point I'd say this is the fantasy we all wish for. You've crafted a great story and it will be on my re-read list.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Andrew at 15/6 has stepped...

...into a new world for him. Yes in some ways it's always been part of him, but he hadn't tried living there. His desire presently is to become the dress designer and live both Andrew and Andrea's reality. Remember he is young, puberty is trying to happen now; emotions and mind are swinging to and fro.
Though more mature Terra has never been a friend to someone like Andrew. We often treat the people relating to a TG person either as a friend or enemy. Really they are a person like us. I for a long time fought with who I am, many people around me have done the same.

I hope the story catches part of that.

I so like everyone who comments on my stories, you share insights and wisdom that adds to the future.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Art project part part 3

I am loving this story and where it is going

Thank you Charlee, for Art Project comment...

I too like reading stories that have been out for a while and leaving comments. This was a fun story to write that seemed to come together and take on a life of its own.

Jessie C.

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Me thinks the lady does protest too much

She claimed she was not interested, but now it has come out that she is looking forward to the opportunity.