Alex & Chris Chapter 35

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 35 The search for Neptune.

Alexis, “Aunts I see you are having a chat with Liza who is one of my Mer companions.”

“You’re Aunts & their flights have volunteered to help locate my missing sisters Alexis.”

Alexis, “Aunts you could always have said no.”

The Green Queen Alexis you know full well we cannot refuse a request from a Mer Princess & if that same request came from a Mer Princess who just happened to be the companion of the Empress it is like a direct order to help from Triton himself.”

Alexis, “Well in that case as Empress I request your help in locating my companions missing Mer sisters and any other Fay you happen to come across.”

“Thank you Alexis that makes it easier with the flight who wanted to stay here. So you know your sisters and nieces will also be busy transferring all your goods and belongings here so everything should be all moved by the time you return.”

“Ah Yes Triton, While I doubt that he will want to move in here he could have an extended holiday as I am sure Lord Rombald or Draco would welcome the company.”

“Empress if those three get together it will be like an atomic explosion only greater.”

“Tell Triton what happened to Black when he challenged my Daughter.”

Green, “He was always a pussycat for me. He will obey the no fighting rule. He is a stickler for rules & always was.”

Alexis, “In that case tell Triton a new Queen has arisen and she commands his entire family’s appearance at her court.”

Blue and Green flew off with their remaining flights.
Alexis turned to the Royal Leprechauns, “How is the construction coming along?”

“It is all ready and all their belongings are already in place. Their sisters thought that they would be the best ones to bring Triton into the fold. He will huff & puff but he will appear for them if only to give you the once over. Also Triton he will expect his daughters and granddaughters to be absolutely perfect in every detail.”

Lisa, “I have the correct wear already prepared for us all. All we need now is princess type tiaras for the girls.”

Meanwhile the two remaining Flights had landed on the Isle of Lesbos. “The Last time I saw Triton was around here.” They decided that Lesbos was a goods a place as any to begin their search.

They all tried the song Lisa had taught them and a voice said; “You are murdering that song.”

“Hello we are seeking Triton and all his remaining Daughters.”

“In that case allow me to help although for some time now we have been unable to contact two of my sisters.”

“Ah in that case we know where the two and their families reside. A new Queen of the seas has arisen and they are with her as her companions.” The girl blew a conch shell and the water started to boil.

“Why did you disturb my siestas time? Oh Guests. Welcome sisters. Lorelie summoned all your sisters. This is a great day when my blue & green Sisters decide to visit.”

Lorelie blew the conch shell again and the water appeared to be alive with mermaids.

“Brother a new Dragon Queen has arose and she asks you visit with all your daughters.”

“That may be more of a problem than I like to admit. Some considerable time ago we lost contact with two of my daughters. The Orcas reported seeing them near the Haunted Isles but since then there has been nothing.”

“Brother it is because of them we are here. They tried to contact you and their sisters but got no response. Whilst visiting the Haunted Isles they discovered a Queen of the Seas and became her companions. The New Queen also instructed us to return with any Fay who we found on our travels.”

“There is no Fay here other than us sisters.”

“Father you are getting forgetful. We have several Fay who were washed up here many years ago.”

Lorelie clapped her hands and a Leprechaun appeared out of a hole.

“Be jab us ‘tis a miracle, it’s a flight of Dragons.” “Excuse me but would you mind giving me a lift back to the Old Emerald Isle. The Green Queen looked at him, “Oh another leprechaun as if there was not enough Royal Leprechauns running around the palace as it is.”

Triton, “Royal Leprechauns as in many?”

“Brother there is that many as the grains of sand on this beach. I lost count I do know that some of them are very close to the Queen.”

Triton, “You did say a Queen?”

The Leprechaun blew a whistle and out popped the remaining Fay. “We all have a date with our Queen and if we behave we or some of us might also become Royal Leprechauns. This can be no ordinary Fay Queen.”

Triton, “For once I agree with you.” “I notice my sisters ranks are all ready seriously depleted. What has happened to the remainder of your flight?”

“They have gone to serve the New Queen as part of her Flight.”

Triton, “You both handed over your youngest breeders without a fight.”

“Brother we had to do as we are now the only independent flights left.”

Black flight broke up with the loss of their leader. “Red, Yellow & Draco’s flight have all been absorbed by the new Queen.”

“It looks like we will have to find my Brother Rombald and the Brown Flight.”

“Sorry Triton we are all that is left.”

The Leprechaun was dancing away. Triton,” What are you so happy about?”

“Aye Lad can you not see what they are telling you Triton. Do I a mere Leprechaun who has lost his way have to tell the great Triton?”

Triton still looked puzzled. The Leprechaun turned to some of the other stranded Fay, “As yea all know can someone explain to the Great Lord Triton.”

One of the baby leprechauns stepped forward, “Lord Triton there are the common Leprechauns and there are Royal Leprechauns and we all strive to attain that goal.”

Triton, “I am aware of that as you keep asking me when the Queen will appear.”

“Lord Triton what you may not be aware is a normal Queen can only ever cope with Three Royal leprechauns. I was hoping your queen would select three of us. Apparently I have backed the wrong horse. This Queen your sisters described is no mere Queen & to call her that would be an insult. We for one all want to greet this new queen. She apparently has all ready taken the entire Fay & The majority of the Dragons as her companions. Whilst they have not said so I think your remaining sisters who are with us now are also in line for promotion. This new Queen as your sisters suggest is no mere Queen when other Great Queens bow down to her.”

“I know neither Draco nor the Red and Yellow & Brown flights would bow down unless the person was their superior.”

Triton thought, “Mother must have returned with a golden flight. Is it a Golden flight?”

“Yes brother dear a golden flight has certainly returned and so have both our Sister Galadriel & our mother Titania with her sister Tatiana.”

The two sisters looked at each other and one said, “Should we tell him the rest or wait to see the surprise.”

The Leprechaun, “Your instruction was it to collect the entire Fay you could find?”
“Yes”

“Then while you sort your brother out May we borrow the remainder of your flight.” A short time later the flight returned to Lesbos.

Green, “Brother where we are going is about 40 miles inland.

Triton, “There is water everywhere so first we cross to the Haunted Isle and then you can show us the way.”

The News reported a great Tsunami travelling from what appeared to be centred on Lesbos. Nations watched in horror as it neared their shores but kept on going without causing much damage. The weather satelights tracked the Tsunami & soon they realised its course. It was on line for hitting the Humber estuary. After some heart searching the government ordered the total evacuation of the population along the Humber Delta. The great seaports where all evacuated but the wave kept on going. Past York, Past Harrogate.

One river watcher said, "It is going to run out of steam in Wensleydale & So far it has done little damage.” As they watched the wave got smaller. Meanwhile Alexis was informed a great wave had travelled from near Turkey & was getting near her home.

Lisa, “It looks like Father is arriving in style.”

“My son always was a show off with what he could do with water.”

Rombald “It is a good job I built this moat it should take Tritons little bit of water.” Sure enough the moat accommodated all the water. The river banking about 20 feet either side of the torrent had been scoured clean and all soil & debris removed. As the water lost its momentum a great pile of soil and rocks accumulated.

Triton looked around, “Sisters Are you sure this is the place?

“Triton can you not smell we are at the correct place. Before we all enter are you dressed correctly? I learned long ago that it pays to put on a good show of pomp. It gets you noticed.”

Triton spotted his mother and made for her straight away. Greetings mother I have brought the family to stay with you for a while.”

“That is considerate of you Triton. I must tell you off for not acknowledging your Overlord the Empress.”

Triton, “Mother you jest with me and that was a good joke.”

Mean while the remaining Fay led by the Leprechauns approached Alexis. “Empress we thy humble fay beg you forgive Lord Triton his rudeness. He finds it hard to believe that anybody but his mother could be the Golden Empress.”

Alexis, “Lord Triton I presume. That was an impressive entrance.” Flanked by two of Tritons daughters Alexis said, “Have you met my companions? Grandmother is Triton always so rude to an Empresses & her companion Queens.”

Triton spluttered, “But they are my daughters.”

Alexis turned to Tritons daughters, “You told me he had the utmost respect for tradition and was always a perfectionist.”

Triton cracked out laughing, “Mother this the best gag you have pulled yet.”

“Triton you can be dense idiot some times.”

Rombald. “I thought I was the thick one of the family. Draco is already miffed you have insulted his daughter Alexis.”

“Rombald my brother I would not dream of insulting Draco’s daughter Alexis.”

“You just have done twice in fact.”

Triton face went white. “That was no Jest was it Rombald. The girl she is Draco’s daughter. Mum I have made a big boo-boo.” Triton was almost crawling on the floor as he approached Alexis.

Alexis, “Uncle there is no need for you to crawl like a baby unless you wish to return to that state.”

“Empress I am sorry. I honestly thought mother was playing a joke on me.”

“Lord Triton it is lucky for you that the Fay you cared for interceded on your behalf. They told me what I already knew.” “Now Uncle I think you should receive my children and your grand children & just so you know do not accept any challenges off any of them. Led by Alison & Jade the little girls all came into the room. Triton looked at Alison & Jade and bowed & they curtsied in return.

“Lord Triton these are the youngest of our school.”

Triton signalled and Astrid stepped forward with one of the babies. “Would you like to hold my sister?”

Triton stared at Astrid, “Yes what is her name?”

“This is Kleiner Lorelie.”

“That is a good name for a little mermaid.”

“And yours what would it be?”

“I am Astrid daughter of Alexis, Crown Princess, defeated of the Black flight.”

“Ah then you are a warrior queen already. Perhaps as you are so powerful you would escort me around after the introductions.”

“Lord Triton my mothers have already instructed me to show you around.”

Triton placed a bangle on the baby & said, "Should she ever need my help this will contact me.” One by one Alexis aided by her three siblings introduced the others who Triton similarly marked.

Alexis, “My companions all wish to be introduced personally to you.” Triton sat back in the chair provided as one by one all of Alexis’s companions introduced themselves.

When Rombalds twin granddaughters stepped forward Triton gave them both a hug. “I do not need telling who you are as I know you two princesses must be my nieces from my Brother Rombald. I am pleased to see you both.”

“Thank you uncle we are companions and friends of the Empress. Along with the dragon sisters we guard the royal nursery. We spend most of our time with the Crown princess Astrid.”

“Then tomorrow you will be also showing me round this establishment."

"My lord Triton Princess Astrid likes a joke or two so be prepared to get wet.”

Triton laughed, “It appears mother has a trainee jester in the flight.”

Finally Alexis appeared but she had her sisters small and large with her. “Welcome to my home Lord Triton.”

This time Triton got up and bowed. “Ah Not a queen as I was led to believe, “Several queens rolled into one. I will not ask how this came about but even I can see you are all more than sisters.”

“Lord Draco,” “I salute you in producing a golden flight like this. I am though having difficulty telling which of your daughter the Empress is is for they all look like each other. The four smaller ones I know one of them is Princess Astrid. But even she looks and sounds like the Empress.”

Alexis, “The easy way is to accord us all the same curtsey. For in a way we are the same. Alison has the same birth mother as me and the rest have different birth mothers. That though makes no difference if you check our DNA it will be identical.”

Triton, “If that is the case and you all are as close as you claim then one should be able to transmit to the rest of you.” Triton saw one of his daughters holding a baby, “Do you mind if I borrowed your baby and take it to an empty room.” Triton talked to the baby. “I am testing your mummy and her sisters. If what they tell me is true then you should be able to transmit to her. I am Lord Triton king of the seas. You are a princess of the seas as your mum is my daughter. You are also the daughter of the Empress. Alexis warned me against getting in any trials with her daughters. I may be an old cantankerous man but I love my daughters. I was worried about your mum and her sister when I could not contact them. I had to ask the Great Orcas for news. That news reached me just before my sisters arrived. I made some stupid errors including insulting my Niece. Or should that be my Daughter in Law. How do I get back in their good books?” The next instant Triton slips on a wet patch on the floor and starts to slide into a pool. Well I slipped up there but one thing is now sure you are a mermaid. Come we will explore these tunnels together. Triton followed the baby who headed for the nursery.

As they got out Triton heard a voice say,” Hello. It is not often we get guests here. It is my turn on duty tonight. Please take a seat and chat with me. Do you still doubt who my Alexis is.”

“Madame I have no doubt who your child is. What I have to do is get my brain cells working and work out how to correct my offending of your child.”

“Triton I had no idea who your brother was he told me he was called Acrod Wyvern.”

Triton burst out laughing. So my Brother is not averse to rearranging his name to Draco the Small dragon.”

“I was never made aware that my mum was also descended from a royal line. None of my sisters ever knew & I miss one who was killed in an accident.”

“Alex himself missed Jean.”

“You keep referring to the Empress as your son.”

“Triton Alex was born my son but he started changing some time ago. Luckily one of his cousins managed to save his sperm. Now he is as female as I am & your two daughters witnessed the changes.”

“Ah I understand fully & did they ask to embrace Alexis in a pool?”

“Yes and shortly after they gave birth to lots of little mermaids.”

“No wonder they flocked to Alexis. Every child they bear will have all the abilities of the Queen or in Alexis case Empress. I better get prepared to have lots more grandchildren for my remaining daughters will all follow their sister’s lead. Sorry I feel very sleepy.” The next instance Triton was asleep in the chair.

Rombald knocked on the door, “Have you seen Triton he seems to have disappeared?”

“Triton is taking a nap with his granddaughters so please let him sleep.”

Rombald left chuckling. He found Alexis, “Lord Triton is exhausted after travelling the distance he did in such a short time and so he needs time to recuperate. He has decided to take a nap.”

“Triton never takes naps at this time of day, I should know I tried often enough but he would never settle.”

“Well Mother He took his granddaughter to the nursery and fell asleep there.”

“This I have to see because he would never come near the nursery previously.”

Alexis led her grandmother to the Nursery. “It appears Rombald is correct.” She went and got some blankets and covered Triton. “I hope you do not mind me staying but this is the first time he has ever slept in a nursery.”

Alexis’s mother, “It will not be the last time as these little ones will soon tire him out. If he is to keep up with them then he will have to sleep when they do.”

A short time late Draco and his sisters came looking for Triton. Their mother said, “Triton is sleeping with the babies.”

Draco remembering what had happened to Black, “Was he foolish enough like Black to challenge Astrid.”

“No Draco he is just tired out.”

Draco looked at Alexis’s mother, “I suppose I should formally take you as my Queen. You are after all the Queen mother.” Draco had you asked me before you abandoned me then the answer would have been yes. Now I have my sisters to think about or at least what remaining sisters I still have.”

Draco, “I take it something happened to one or more of them.” Alexis favourite Aunt was killed in a car accident. The doctors were unable to save her.”

Draco, “The doctors may not have been able but you and your sisters can or Alexis and family could. It is rather hard to kill one of us. She will just be sleeping a deep sleep.”

Alex overheard this conversation and called Tilly. “We are going to aunt’s grave.” At the grave Alexis said, “Aunt Jean I am here with Tilly and my sisters. I now know you are only sleeping & now is the time for you to awaken.” The ground shook and then Jean emerged out of the ground. “Ah Tilly you finally ended up with Alex after all.”

“Not exactly mum I share Alexis with my sisters.”

“Oh you finally discovered Angela is your sister.”

“And a few others mum including Alex wife Chris.”

“I need a wash, as I appear to be rather grubby.”

“Aunt a little dirt is not going to stop me giving you a hug.”

Alexis, “I missed you and so did Tilly. I am no longer mad that you conspired with your sister to get me in skirts. There was no way though was I going to be Angela’s servant. She did come after me but I was already married to Chris. Even then Angela thought she could win me but Chris decided she would let Tilly & Angela share me if they passed a test.”

“Sorry Alex I should never have agreed to my sister’s demand.”

“Aunt as things have worked out I now have other partners by the same father as Tilly & Angela.”

“My own father would like you and all your sisters as his partners.”

Alexis’s mother giggles, “You will get to be a Queen mother if you agree Jean.”

“Well I am not sure what to do. I had just started seeing a Mr Nautilus when this happened.”

“Did he ever kiss you or embrace you Aunt Jean?”

“No he was too much of a gentleman for that and in fact he said, He liked me a lot but I might be better suited to his Brother Acrod. I never got to meet Acrod but he sounded nice.”

Alexis mother burst out laughing, “We have done it again sister falling for the same person, this time though I got Alex out of the deal.”

Jean looked at her sister, “This Acrod is Alexis Father? Oh my he is as handsome as his Brother. Jean looked at Draco, “I do not want your brother to feel left out and if I liked him so will my sisters.” “As you are willing to take me on are you willing to share me and my sisters with your brother?”

Alexis answered, “Lord Triton intended coming to release you himself he though got side tracked by his grand-daughters. Currently he is fast asleep with them all.”

Linda & Lisa came in with their mother. “We are looking for Lord Triton as our mother has a few words to say to him.”

Jean, “Did he kiss you?”

“Kiss me in the sea he did and left two mermaids swimming around inside me he did.”

Alexis chuckled, “It is good jobs these two are already my partners well Cousins are we going to wake him from his sleep.”

Lisa, “That job will be done for us shortly by our younger sisters.” Sure enough some of the young mermaids had discovered that Tritons tummy made a good trampoline.

“Help save me,” shouted Triton the little mermaids giggled and continued playing on Triton. Alexis and the party arrived. Immediately the little girls stopped what they were doing and formed a line.

“Mummy we are keeping this man amused and happy.”

Linda & Lisa’s mother spoke, “Empress Alexis I feel this person who courted your aunt and abandoned her and left me with two surprises would benefit from a month or two in the nursery.”

“Jean if you have no objection I will have this creature for the entertainment of myself and my sisters.”

Alexis, “Sorry uncle I can do nothing for you as apparently Aunt is already your chosen mate. “I never separate ones who have mated like you did.” As Aunt feels she is able to share you with her sisters perhaps they will help you with your duties in the nursery.”

Before he could say any more some of the mermaids came and dragged him away
.
Draco was laughing away. “I never thought I would see the day Neptune was playing with the babies.”

Alexis, “Now father what have I to do with you? Will you be a respectable grandfather to all of my children? My dragon sisters tell me you where a good father to them all. I saw how upset you where when you thought I had executed my sister so I know you would have been a good father to me had you known about me. Astrid asked to take you round the estate. If you can keep Astrid and yourself dry then I will commute your sentence. Otherwise you also will spend two weeks in the Nursery if you are wet and a further two weeks if Astrid gets wet. As I know there are several here who wish you to get a soaking. I am restricting it to your partners and sisters. Astrid will you try and get round without a soaking please.”

Jean, “May I accompany Astrid & Triton?”

Alex, “If you get wet then he serves another two weeks.”

Alexis’s mother, “We will leave them alone until the temple.”

Draco’s sisters, “Draco will try and fly across rather than walk on the stones.”

“Yes I have thought about that once they open the temple doors they will think they are safe.” Alexis gave the leprechauns instruction to fire on the party but miss every time. The group started at the one way door. Jean remembered the code and they where through.

Draco, “This is easy they keep missing us we are going to win & I was hoping to lose so I could see how Triton was coping.”

Astrid & Jean got across the stones without problems and then the jet went to full blast so Draco flew over it.

“Quite predictable is our Brother.” They pushed open the doors and stepped into the temple as they did so Draco’s sisters released a torrent of water above them and totally drenched all three of them.

Astrid, “You got us all.” “I am soaking.”

Jean started to laugh and said, “Apparently you also get to serve six weeks in the nursery with your brother.”

Alexis, “You no longer have to defend your sisters from the Black flight & a little time with your Grand Daughters & nieces will not go amiss.”

Rombald was chuckling away, “I get all the children I can manage every day in the garden and I for the first time in my life am enjoying myself. Of course the Hobbits and Leprechauns tease me a bit but they mean no harm. In fact they made a great job of my new home. For a long time I refused to use it. When mistress Alexis turned up with my granddaughters I knew then I would have to use the castle. Brother enjoy yourself & you may want to extend your sentence.”

Back in the churchyard the Rector John Bird noticed Jeans grave had been disturbed. He called the local constabulary. They found the coffin smashed to bits and empty.

“It looks like the work of animal activists. We had a similar case where a grave was broken into and the remains dismembered. Her body parts started appearing all over the place.”

After photographing the site they removed the remains of the coffin for forensic examination. The grave was roped off and covered with a tent. “We had best go to the Stud and explain what has happened.”

Rose, “Alexis a police car is coming up the drive.”

Alexis, “Show them up to my study please Rose.” The doorbell rang. Rose answered it. “Hello what have we done to merit the Deputy Chief Constable and team?”

“Sorry Madame we need to speak with your Mistress.”

“Follow me sir she is expecting you as she saw your car coming up the drive.”

Alexis held her hand out to greet her guests. “I was just about to have morning Coffee would you like some?

“Yes please. Madame we have some distressing news. The grave of one of your relations has been violated.”

Alexis’s mother and aunts brought the coffee in. “Ah mother the officer has been explaining that a grave of a family member has been violated.”

“Yes Madame it apparently was the body of your sister Jean that was removed. We think it was animal activists again. We found the coffin all smashed to match wood. I do not know what they used, but that solid oak casket now no longer has a piece bigger than a match stick. The remains of the coffin where sent for examination but apparently when the bags where opened they burst into flames. It appears the activists intended the grave to burst into flames to hide their crime. The remains of the coffin had been soaked in some sort of phosphorous like material. I give my condolences and I hope we catch the perpetrators.”

Alexis, “I am sure my aunt is in a better place. Can we have the grave filled in again?”

“There is nothing left there for us to trace so I have instructed my men to fill it in. Should we find your aunt we will have to rebury her?”

After the officers had gone Alexis called Helen & Jane. “As we all know it was not activists I need to know how the coffin burst into flames. Helen I want tests done on Aunt Jane to discover what happened.” A short while later Helen & Jane came back laughing.

Jane, “It appears I am a bit of a fire raiser.” Just watch this, these are my stockings, which one was tested and the other placed in a sealed bag.” As Helen opened the bag it burst into flames.

Helen. “Everything is ok so long as it is not sealed apparently the gas builds up and bursts into flames.”

Neptune & Draco looked at each other.” Then Draco, “Not Guilty. I admit to Alexis.”

Triton, “That should only happen if you where dragon born. We both know it could not be your maternal line so it has to be your paternal line.”

Jean, “We all have the same father Lord Percy. If I had dragon blood then so will my sisters.”

Just then Lord Percy came strolling in. “Hello boys enjoying yourselves.” I have come to take Astrid & younger sisters for their riding lessons. See you all later.”

Triton, “Draco was that who I thought it was. Depends on who you thought it was.”

Jean, “You two are silly that was only father taking the girls for their lessons.”

“Can we go and watch?”

Draco turned to Alexis, “Now I know how you became what you are. Lord Percy or whatever he calls himself left the flights long ago to seek his fortune. Titania & Tatiana became distressed because he left and their powers started to fail.”

Lord Stafford who had just turned up said, “Good Lord, “Look what the cats dragged in.”

Triton burst out laughing, “You where but a baby when you left with your elder brother & sisters to seek your fortune. I see you have already met my daughters Linda & Linze Jeff.”

Jeff, “What brings you two here.”

Draco, “Apparently we have a new queen who we all must obey.”

“Ah Alexis I wondered how long it would be before the lord of the skies turned his eyes in our direction. I knew you Triton could not be far away when your daughters allied themselves with Alexis.”

“Alexis is sort of my partner in that she has a stake in my business.”

“Our business brother we all put the same stake into it.”

Linda & Linze's mother, “Ah Triton I see you are having a chat with Jeff. Have you told him yet that I and my sisters are going to look after you very well indeed?”

“Likewise Draco is to be attended to by Clara, Jean, Clare & Christobell.
Robert & Laura had just returned from their honeymoon & called to see everybody. “Hi there was no need to have a party in our honour. I cannot wait to get back to my stall & Laura is looking forward to her new job.”

Jeff, “Did you happen to see my daughter & Son in law on your travels?”

Laura, “We spent most of our time with them & Robert & James have invested in a new car.”

Meanwhile James was driving the new stretched Limo. “I hope they like our new purchase.”

“James stop I thought I saw something by the river bank.” At first they could not see anything. Then they heard a cry. They investigated.

“James look what I have found.”

“Please mistress do not harm us we are waiting for our queen to send us help.”

James, “Where are you going?”

“We do not know sir all we can do is follow the sign and the riverbed.”

“In that case come and sit in my car and we will follow the river and pick up anymore stragglers we find. A bit further on they found more stragglers. “Hop in you might as well arrive in style.”

This time those picked up bowed, “Is it the Queens command we arrive in this transport?”

James, “We go to see the Empress perhaps she can help you locate your Queen.”

One of the group looked at James, “I see you have already collected the smallest & weakest of our group. We will not make a good meal for you.”

James wife picked up one of the tiny people, “Fear not neither James nor I will harm you. As for your Queen we have no knowledge as we go to visit family and friends but I am sure they will help you. Especially as there are loads of Hobbits running around the place.”

“Please mistress Hobbits or Leprechauns?”

“I am not sure because they started out with 12 Hobbits and then Bilbo & Frodo & Baby arrived then a Shamus arrived. After that I lost track as more appeared to just turn up.”

“Mistress in that case can you please takes us to see your mistress, as I am sure she will help us.”

“Nana where are we going? Is the Dragon going to have us for a snack?”

“Quiet little one we do not want to offend the Dragon Prince do we.”

James wife, “Did you hear that they think we are a couple of dragons.”

As they neared the manor house they could see the procession was slowly making its way & would be at least another hour before they arrived. They drew into the courtyard and blasted their horn & every one came out to see what the noise was.

Alexis, “Is this the new investment I have contributed towards.”

“Come Alexis look what I have found on the way up here.”

Astrid opened the door and looked inside. “Come on out there is no need to be scared I will not hurt you.”

“Please help us we are too tired to continue and we need to find our queen she summands us all from every corner of the planet. We followed the stars by night and the river by day. Many of us have not eaten nor drank for days.”

Alexis blew a whistle and all the leprechauns and hobbits came running. “We have some kin folk of yours here. Saskia can you wash and feed them and then bring them to me”

“Saskia tell Rombald to put the bunting out & Astrid & I will send a signal to light the night sky so they find their way easy. Ready daughters.” When the little people saw the signal being discharged they all fell to the floor.

“Mistress we did not recognise you we all come from every corner of the earth to your command.”

Alexis, “Go with my royal leprechauns and they will see you are attended to. Do not tarry as your friends will soon be here.”

Alexis looked inside the limo and saw there was two left. “Sorry your majesty but I cannot leave my sister on her own.”

“I have a broken wing & she has damaged legs.”

Alexis picked them both up, “You had better come with me and I will see what we can do for you.” Astral & Astrol brought out some acorn cups & saucers and poured a sugary substance into them.

“Thank you princesses that will help us recover. Now we must go and see the queen.”

“Not yet you do not. The instructions where explicit you had to all be washed and fed. My sisters have found some clothing that will do for you.”

“Mistress we cannot wear these they are meant for Royal Fay.”

“Who lifted you both out? And who do you have to see?”

“We will do as we are told but we are not worthy of these dresses.” As look would have it they were the first to the great hall & in a short space of time it was fully decorated. Alexis was they’re smiling as Astrid, Astral & Astrol brought in their small guests.

Children sit in front of me please but first Astrid could I have those two here. I see you two have suddenly become Fay princesses.”

“Please mistress we told them you would be cross if they put us in these dresses.”

Alexis said, “Did you both drink from the cups offered by my daughters? You both realise by accepting from my daughters you accepted me. I cannot have damaged Fay Princesses can I?”

“No Empress that would be unthinkable so will you swish us now.”

“Why does everybody want me to swish them? I would have thought it would be better if I fixed you both.” Alexis touched one and then the other. “A little bit of dragon fire should cure you both now one sit on the Left chair arm and the other on my Right chair arm & do not move or speak unless you are spoken to.”

As the group approached the Manor they were all given a sugary drink by the Leprechauns. “It’s the right place ok did you not see their Emblem they are all Royal leprechauns so the Queen cannot be far away. Eventually they all had had their fill & while they were eating The Blue and Green queens went looking for more stragglers.

They returned and said, “Alexis it looks like we have them all or at least all who made the journey.” As the Leprechauns had stopped the group before they reached the Manor. Saskia checked out the group as they all tided themselves up.

Saskia, “Leprechauns go and attend the Empress.”

“Please did you say Empress?”

Saskia, “Yes I did & like a mother the Empress sent her Royal Leprechauns to attend to you. She knows you all have had long journeys.”

“Please Leprechaun sister we had to leave two groups a little way back. We promised we would send help to collect them.”

“Did you not see the long white car? Two of the Royal companions collected all your friends.” At this news they all started to sing.

“General of Royal Leprechauns will you lead us to the palace?” Two of Saskia's sisters returned with Princess, “The little mistress sends you her mount to lead our people.”

Saskia got on the pony and with a sister either side they set off to the palace. After they had ensured the Fay where in lines of nine and had the smallest at the front. Alexis could hear the singing long before the group arrived. Saskia and sisters led the group to Alexis and then curtsied. Then they went and took their places.

One of the group stepped forward and said, “Thank you mistress for sending your leprechauns to feed us and lead us here. I also wish to thank you for sending your angels to collect our small, injured and infirm groups. We had not the strength left to transport them further so we promised we would send help if they stayed put. One of our group did not get any refreshment because she cannot drink the nectar of flowers like us.”

Alexis, “Bring the one forward,” From the very back came a tall trembling Fay. But by human standards she was small.

“I am sorry your majesty but nectar makes me ill. I only drink milk from whatever source is available. The Cows and Sheep will all let me have a little. Occasionally I have had human milk & I think that is why I am so tall.”

Alexis, “In that case you can help me out as I appear to be leaking. As she started to suck the teat appeared to fill her whole mouth.

Alex, “Three of your number have decided to be my children. The youngest as you all can see is taking her feed.” Her elder sisters sit on my left and right. Like all children they asked their mother to make them better. There are lodgings for all of you and tomorrow this is closed to the public so all may enjoy themselves. You may get wet but nobody will come to any serious harm.”

“Mistress we of the Fay thank you for selecting some of our number to be your children.”

Alexis, “These three more than others needed my help. To me you are all my children & I will give you all what help I can. These three though will play with my other children as each one of them has part of me in her now. So you all know I also have taken Baby the smallest of all Hobbits & Leprechauns as my child.

The one who was suckling stopped, “Did you say Baby? I thought to never see her again.”

Alexis, “I am afraid you two will have to share duties.”

When Baby saw the new addition she went ecstatic. “It hought when the eagle took you away that were the last we would see of you Baby.”

Draco spoke up “An eagle you say?”

“Yes sir a great eagle swooped down as we were being attacked by trolls & The Trolls scattered & the next thing we saw was Baby being taken away. We all thought she had become the next meal for the eagle.”
Draco, “Baby did you get taken to the nest.”

“Oh yes but they did not eat me and I was too small for the sick dragon. In fact the sick dragon was nice to me and I curled up with him to keep warm. I do not know how long I was there but one day I slipped on the ice and slid down the mountain. For days I wandered about seeking help. Many creatures helped me to get to a place where I could get a job and you know the rest.”

Draco looked at Titania, “Mother could it be father and his brother Arran?”

Baby, “That was the name of the Great white eagle. The White eagle said to me, His brother will not get better until the Eagles and dragons are united as one again. I did not understand what he meant. In fact I had forgotten all about it until now.”

Alexis, “Do either of you know where you where playing? The two seated on the left and right spoke up. “We know as we where there also. It is the land where men wear skirts and was at the bottom of the highest mountain.”

Baby, “The eagle family live in a cave on the snow-capped peak. I know the way in if you can take me.”

Alexis looked at the still worn out Fay, “I could leave you all here but how do you all feel about being passengers with my dragon flight.”

Yellow, “Sister can all the queens have the privilege of carrying the youngsters?”

“Yes and my sisters can have the privilege of carrying my Royal leprechauns.”

The sky was once again black as the flight took off Triton looked around and saw there was only him & Rombald and the babies were left.” “I suppose we have to continue looking after these little ones?”

Rombald, “How about splitting the babies into two teams and both teams going round the park and see who can get the wettest.”

Triton thought for a moment and said, “Are we not banned from fighting?”

Rombald, “Yes but Water fights are allowed.” Rombald brought the water cannons, “Only these and no cheating like whipping up the lake to create a storm.”

The group Rombald got said, “Uncle Rombald grand Father has forgotten we can all read his mind. We know his every move and our sisters want him to have another soaking, as then Alexis will make him stay in the nursery longer.”

Rombald, “I will try and play fairly but if he is starting trick warn me.” Before long it was obvious Rombalds team was having the upper hand Triton did not realise that some his team was also firing on him. Just then Rombalds wife appeared and said, “Boys Do you want some food now and I am sure your teams will do.” As they got to Rombalds castle Triton realised he had been tricked.

“Triton I am ashamed at you could you not keep dry for a day?” “Alexis told me if you were caught in soaking wet clothing then you would have another month added to your sentence.”

There was a cheer from the little girls.

Triton said. “Do I to take it you all want me to stay at the nursery?”

“Grandpa put it like this we will all ensure you get another drenching in a month’s time or before.”

“Ok I give in I will play with you all you want.”

“While Alexis is away we could open the place & you could put on a suit like us and be the senior lifeguard.

Rombald, “This will show Alexis we can work as a team.” The customers started to arrive and most made their way to the water park.

One Lady approached Triton, “Do you give smiling lessons?” “My little girls have never been in a pool like this before and I cannot swim.”

Triton blew a whistle and some of his granddaughters came to see what he wanted. “These young girls need swimming lessons could you help me out?”

“Grandpa you know we could swim as soon as we were born.”

The lady, “Please can I see you all swim?” They all demonstrated a different style.

One of the girls jumped out. “We are all junior lifesavers so they will be safe with us.”

“How do I go about booking lessons? I live nearby and could bring them most evenings after school.”

Triton, “I am not sure, as it is normally family time after school time on weekdays.”

One of his granddaughters came tugging, “We all promise to wear our costumes please grandpa.”

Lorelie turned up, “Father is there a problem?”

“Yes this lady wants to arrange lessons after school for her daughters.”

“Actually I was hoping to find somebody who could teach me would you?”

Lorelie, “Father you have not given thought to this it would be better if I or one of my sisters teach you.”

“Yes I was forgetting I have another job to do and this is sort of a special day for me.”

“Mum we have just realised our friends here are in our dance class with Jenny.”

“Are you all friends of the Middleham’s?”

Lorelie, “More like cousins and this is my father who is uncle to them.”

“Pleased to meet you sir. Sorry if I pushed myself on you, but it is nice to have somebody to talk to.”

Triton blew his whistle again and announced it was closing time. “Not you Madame you are coming to tea and then we need to sort out your and the girls timetable for lessons.”

Lorelie, “Sisters have you seen the spark in fathers eyes that has been missing for a long time.”

Triton, “Will you excuse me while I go and put the youngest to bed as they will not sleep until I have told them a story.”

“Mind if I tag along?”

“Grandpa tell us a story.” How Lord Neptune fought the great serpent. Eventually they all dropped off to sleep. “Look even my daughter are sleeping. I like you I wish the girl’s father was more like you. If the girl’s father had been more like me they would also have been swimming from birth.”

She comes over and gives Triton a kiss and said, “I am looking forward to my lesson tomorrow.” and the next second Linda & Linze walk in.

“Oh Hello you are new here.”

“My friend has kindly arranged lessons for myself and the girls with his daughters and Granddaughters. If all goes correctly you might be seeing more of me.”

After she had gone Linda said, “Mum might just have something to say about this Father.”

“I have done nothing wrong all I did was arranging for swimming lessons for her with Lorelie. I would have done it myself but then Lorelie reminded me of my responsibilities.”

Lorelie, “If you where teaching her we would have more mermaids father. Then she could never leave this place she would be tied to you forever.”

“Yes you are correct but I still wish to help her and the girls. I have decided that I will ask Alexis when she returns if I can have this job permanently.”

Linda, “Father you may not have been there for us but you now have a new job and there is no going back. Yes you have agreed to look after your grand children and more importantly they want you to be their grand Father and do silly things with them. We all noticed how both teams ganged up together to ensure you got a good soaking so you got another months detention.”

Triton smiled, “Linda & Linze I have just realised. My brother Draco has several companions and my Nephew Alex has many companions including you two. If the situation arose I do not think there would be much objection if I was to have another partner.”

“Father you will have to think it over carefully as we are not normal humans.”

“Yes but once my companion she would also be as us.”

The mother of Linda & Linze arrived back, “Finished for the day. Where is everybody?”

“The Royal flight took off for Scotland and Ben Nevis a while ago.”

“Mum whilst you wear out father has promised a young mother and her family swimming lessons. Lorelie and the girls are going to do it after school.”

“So Triton do you intend adding another filly to your stable.”

“Actually I want to help her. Regardless of what you think I have no leanings for a young bit of stuff she would be far more suited to Alex. I found her easy to chat to and her girls fell asleep listening to the sea stories with the babies. She lives in one of Alexi’s cottages and lives in the village and works at the Newsagents. I doubt very much that she has much income coming in and she devotes all her spare time to the girls. She brings the girls for dance lessons.”

Lorelie, “Oh you are still talking about Sabrina from the shop. I was supposed to tell her dance lessons where free to estate tenant’s children. Alexis had me check her out some time ago when they started coming to the lessons. She always has been paying the fees & rent but we all noticed other things were going amiss.”

“Triton I think you and I will go and give this young lady a visit.”

“Lorelie do you have any idea how much she has paid in dance fees.” Triton looked at the amount, “By our standard the amount is small but I bet she is really struggling to find the money.”

“Come Triton we will both go down the village and find her. You know Triton I still love you. Let’s see what we can do to help her.”

Eventually they found the house and heard crying. “I could do with a fairy god mother turning up now.”

Triton knocked at the door. “Oh Hello.” “I am Tritons wife. We discovered an error after you left today. You have being over charged for the dancing.”

Triton, “There is no charge for estate tenants same with the swimming.”

“Thank you for being so kind. This will be coming back to you to pay my rent.”

“The shop is closing & I have lost my job.”

“Well young lady let’s look at your problems and see if we can help. First you need a job and there we can help. We need somebody for the ticket office & wondered if you would like it. The pay might be a little less than you have being receiving, but you also get free accommodation. & Meals apart from breakfast are also included”

“Thank you both.”

“Now care to tell us what you where crying about when we knocked?”

“This is it I cannot afford the lawyers to fight it.”

Triton, “Why has suddenly he changed his mind?”

“He bought the newsagents and closed it so I would have no job.”

Triton, “Well you do have a job and a perk my niece has for her employees is legal help.”

“Are you both kidding me?”

Triton said, “Actually I am new here myself I was only visiting when you approached me. I did discover though that my Nephew had ordered your money refunded. And my wife tells me somebody is needed in the shop so you have a job. Alex has his fingers in many pies and I think if you come in the morning we can arrange your legal representation.”

“Thank you both can I call you Mum & Dad? I was brought up in care and never had proper parents mine where killed in a car accident around here.”

“Sabrina I would love to have you as our daughter and it looks as if we have two more grand Daughters.”

“Thank you for being kind to me. I will thank your nephew personally when I see him.”

“Actually he was not well a while ago and had to go into hospital. His sister Alexis now runs the estate.”

“I will see you both tomorrow.”

“Triton do you know anything about the girls history? I think it might be a good idea to give her and the girl a full medical. I spotted something behind her ears that should not be there.”

Triton rang Helen, “This is Triton we have a young lady coming for a job in the morning and I would personally like you to give her a full medical & look behind her ears.”

Helen, “Would that mean she might be your daughter?”

“Can I access the investigation service from here?”

“Just dial 931 and give your name.”

Triton dialled, “Lord Triton here.” “Yes sir what can we do for you?”

Triton gave the details;” Can you also investigate the children’s father and do them both as quickly as possible?”

Meanwhile the Royal flight was approaching Ben Nevis. Alexis, “Most of you settle down on the plateau while I go with Baby and Titania & Tatiana to the cave.

One of the ever alert Eagles spotted the dragons and went inside the cave. “Father the whole high Plateau is covered in Dragons & Little people.”

“Did you hear that Snow you know what that means.”

“Yes prepare for our guests. The little one has done her job well. The queen will not be far away if they are all here. By the look of it most of the family is down there.” Alexis approached by the entrance Baby had left from rather than the front entrance.

“Hello is anybody in there.”

Baby, “Let me go first as they know me. It's me Baby with friends. Arran do not be scared it is only little me.”

“Welcome again little one. Bring your friends where I can see them.”

“Hello I am Alexis. Baby informed us you needed help so we promised to see what we can do for you. You must be the Great Eagle called Arran.”

Arran, “There are others in the passage.”

“Astrid what are you doing here?”

“All my big sisters and little sisters are here. Lord Snow needs all of us to bring him back to health.”

Titania & Tatiana showed up and Titania spoke rather harshly to Snow. “You lazy good for nothing dragging us all here on a false pretence.”

“It is no false pretence I started losing all my power some time ago. My brother found me some time ago and when he saw the little ones being attacked by trolls he rescued her. She promised to bring help and I see she has brought help.”

“It is true Snow was in a very bad way when we found him. All he would say to us when the queen returns we will all be united again & now dear you have returned.”

“Yes I have but like you I rely on others for my power. I cannot heal you Snow as I never wielded that sort of power.”

Alexis, “Eagles close your eyes & do not move because those outside will tear you limb from limb if they think my siblings & I are in danger. On second thoughts can you take Baby and Titania & Tatiana down to the awaiting flight?”

Arran, “I will do that but these two must stay with you”

Alex looked as the two white eagles transformed into female humans. “We are the remainder of the prophecy.”

Alexis, “I presume I am your chosen mate if so then you must also accept these also.”

“Dragon Queen Do we white eagles have permission to unite with your flight.”

““I have many partners’ Human, Dragon, and Fay & now Eagles. This though you see in front of you is slightly different. We are all one and think as one. We all carry the same identical genes.”

“We both knew long ago this day would come and we are prepared to become one with you.”

Snow, “You will not deter them. They have both nursed me and done their best to tend to my needs. I need dragon fire to relieve me of my pain.”

Alexis, “Both of you give me a kiss and come next to me. I will sort this out later with your father. Lord Snow you expected one Golden dragon we are many golden dragons, but we share the task in hand. Dragon fire is a sure treatment for your ailments.”

“Do it”.

They all released the glowing balls together. “Did you see that sister even we managed to produce dragon fire.” Snow appeared to be ablaze and took off from the ledge still on fire.

Alexis, “Now we all follow.” As they followed Snow to the plateau they noticed he was no longer snowy white but more cream coloured. As they all landed they also noticed Arran looked sad.

Alexis looked at him and said why you are sad. You did all that your brother asked. Now do you not think it is time you got reacquainted with Titania & Tatiana? No buts. That is an order. And just for the record two of your daughters have decided to join my Royal flight.”

Alexis long ago a seer told me my eagle daughters would desert me and be united with a golden queen. “I thought it was Snows wife and partner the seer meant but I never saw the queen asking my children. Eventually we all left and settle here until one day when we found Snow in a bad way. We knew none of us could help.”

Arran looked around, “Baby tinniest of all our peoples with the heart and soul of a dragon. I name you Baby the Great Eagle flyer. As for my daughters the prophecy is fulfilled they have selected their mate as have others before. My Erie will now be lonely with the loss of my daughters and brother. Snow and Arran both change to your human form and for once do as you are told. I take it you both accept Alexis as overall leader.”

Snow. “Initially Alexis I did not recognise you for what you are. Your little one is a right little dragon. Your Sister/Child has more power in her little finger than I and Titania ever had. Any one of you can use it but you Alexis are unique in that you are the store house for all the power. Which you have chosen to share. My son Triton has run into several problems and he needs help to resolve it.”

Alexis, “You can communicate with him?”

He arranged for the little ones to wet him so he could spend longer with them. That is not the problem.” He and his wife have helped a young woman all they can & have asked for Helen to be in attendance in the morning. The rest I do not understand. He is asking for an adult and 2 child’s Mer suits.”

Alexis, “It sounds like another of Tritons indiscretions has turned up but who is the wife he talks about?”

Alexis “Lord Snow stay in your human form and Titania will transport you. Same for you Arran but it will be Tatiana. We need to get back fast and I doubt that either of you could keep up at the speed we will be going.”

Linda & Linze Saw the flight arriving. “Alexis we have a problem. Triton and mum have reaffirmed their love for each other.”

Alexis, “I thought for a moment he had taken another partner.”

Triton, “We have given a job to a young family that needed help.”

Alexis, “Triton have you gone mad those sorts of jobs are reserved for family.”

“Alexis please listen I think for once Triton did the correct thing let us tell you the whole story.”

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope

this means other family members are not really dead. I read this chapter and was surprised to learn that Alexis' aunt Jean who was dead was really alive. Could this mean Tilly's mother and sister are the same, thought to be dead but really are alive. The reason I ask is because I love this story so much I reread the chapters between posts. I just finished rereading chapter 26 which explains how Tilly lost them. I feel if Alexis can have a loved one she lost back why can't Tilly. Does how they died matter or not. I will wait for your response in the comments or a future chapter about their fate. While I would be sad if they stay dead, that would not stop me from reading this wonderful story. Anyway I await the next chapter of Alexis and her ever growing Family. Hugs & Kisses.