Those Fertile Fields: Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

It sure is weird living in a place where everyone else wears female clothes almost all of the time. Well, there are some exceptions, I guess, it seems a lot of girls like to wear boys' T-shirts as night shirts, you know, not quite full nighties for when they sleep.

I'm sure there are other clothing bits and pieces that are male that girls like to wear, but I'm drowning here in a sea of feminine clothing.

Heck, it's a darn good thing that Shelly headed back to her university dorm in New Orleans after dad's funeral. If she were here, there would likely be even more female clothing all over the place. Aww, crap! There are times I want to freak out, right now is a prime example.

You're asking why? Well, let me put it to you this way, I HAD room in my closet at Sally's house, until Paula stuffed her older clothes in there. Now... now, I have to shove her stuff aside rather firmly just to be able to reach my long sleeve shirts, pants and light jackets.

It doesn't get really cold here in the fall and winter months, but it can get a wee bit nippy at times, so long sleeves are a good thing then.

School is going to start up again in a few days. I'm hoping that things stay as they were, the school I've been going to for the last few years is Rene A. Rost Middle School in Kaplan, Louisiana, which has about 400 students, and we actually get a fairly decent education here.

Paula will be in her last year of high school, she attends Abbeville High School in Abbeville. I'll likely be going there next year.

Elaine will also be going to that high school, she'll be in Grade 10 this year, she likes school from what she says when she decides to talk. Hey, she's a bit different, I guess. At least she doesn't jabber away at an insane speed that makes it impossible to understand her at all.

Samantha will be in her second year of school here at Rene A. Rost. She's a smart kid, she really loves to learn.

It's late summer, I think I'm going to wander down to the shore. If no warnings have been posted, a swim will be a nice distraction for me.

**********

Mmmm, I really, really needed that swim! I managed to get some kinks out while enjoying the water, then headed back to Sally's place.

Sally's place is on the very eastern edge of Tanner's Crossing, it's in a bit better condition than most of the shacks around here. It's not just that Sally's house is quite a bit bigger than most of the others, but it is put together in a way that makes it much more likely to last for a while.

Our old place was on the other end of town. Although it wasn't as bad as many of the shacks here, it wasn't on a par with Sally's place.

I headed into the house, then toward my room. Hmmm, the door is open, I could have sworn I closed it earlier.

I shrugged and entered, then noticed the mess. Just about all of my clothes from the closet had been dumped on my floor.

A quick look in the closet revealed that it was now filled with female clothing from one end to the other, some of it Elaine's, some Paula's.

What made it seem really weird is that, as far as I could see, everything hanging up in that damn closet was clothing they've outgrown.

I don't know what the hell is going on here, but this crap has to stop. My closet should be for me to hang up MY clothes, not theirs.

**********

Once dinner was finished and the dishes had been washed and dried, I asked to hold a house meeting. Sally agreed.

I waited until all three girls living in the house were present, then I ripped into Paula and Elaine for stealing MY closet the way they had done. When Sally heard that I had found all of my clothing that had been in the closet on my floor, she was definitely not pleased.

She took her own turn at the two girls, asking them why they had done it. That was when I received a rather rude surprise.

Paula hissed at me, saying, "Look at that freak, he looks like pictures of Mom back when she first met dad as a young woman!"

Elaine joined in, "He's supposed to be a boy, but with hair that long, hell, half the girls in town think he's a girl most of the time!"

I sighed, then growled at them, "Do you honestly think I like the fact that I look a lot more like mom than dad?" Paula and Elaine both said that they did. I sighed again, then continued, "As for my hair, I like having it long, I can throw it into a pony tail to keep it out of my face."

Paula snarled, "Why not cut it off, you freak? Short hair is easy to care for, even easier, actually."

I snarled back at her, "Right, so I should cut it so short that I could fit in with the skinheads and various other nasty shits around here?"

There's a few biker gangs, most of the members are from New Orleans, but some live in this area, and she wants me to be like them? Yuck!

"At least you would look like a goddamn male if you did that," came the yell from Elaine, "not like some fairy or nancy boy!"

"So now I'm a fairy or nancy boy just because I have long hair? Tell me, if I cut it short, would that change my appearance otherwise?"

The two of them looked a bit confused at that point, then Paula asked, "What do you mean?" in a softer voice.

"Let me put it to you straight, Paula, Elaine. Even if I cut my hair really short, I'm still going to look a lot like mom did as a teenager, right?"

I guess it took a minute or two to sink into their heads, but when it did, you could darn near see the light bulbs shining in there!

"Oh, fuck!" came the simultaneous squawk from both girls when they realized that I already knew what they were just realizing.

"Uh huh," I replied. "And my having long hair doesn't actually affect anything, as with or without it, I'll still look rather girlish. I don't have breasts like you two or Shelly, or like Samantha here will have once she enters her puberty, but that doesn't seem to matter much, does it?"

Paula and Elaine were both crying now, and they advanced on me and wrapped me in hugs, apologizing for being such utter bitches.

A few minutes later, in much quieter tones, Paula said, "You know, if you wore a dress, you would look even more like mom did back then?"

I shrugged as I thought about it for a moment, "I suppose that might be true, looking more like her, I mean, but why would I want to do that?"

Elaine replied, "For the heck of it. Just to see what you could look like, Rick. To see what being a girl can be like, maybe."

I thought again for a moment before I asked, "And if I did allow you to do something like that, would you stop if I asked you to do so?"

"Hell, yes!" Paula shouted, a grin spreading across her pretty face. "We wouldn't want to cause you any kind of hurt, right, girls?"

Even Sally joined in on the expected response to that question. Oh, dear, I think I've just stepped into a losing battle with no back-up.

And so, without even knowing it, I took that next slippery step into the realms of femininity.

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Re: I took that next slippery step

Something along the line of slip sliding off that step with no control over where you go? *grins*

I suspect Rick...

Among others in the house meeting is surprised by the situation he is getting into.
I want to know is this a related family or what?

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Re: I suspect Rick

Rick surprised? Quite likely, worried, too, if you caught this line in the piece: "I think I've just stepped into a losing battle with no back-up".

Related family? Yes, Rick, three of his sisters, Paula, Elaine and Samantha. His older sister Shelly is in college, so not present.

The last person in the house is the actual owner of the house, Sally, who is either a cross-dresser or transgender, hasn't been clarified yet. From the prologue of the story, we learn that the family has called Sal Sally for quite some time, so they act as if Sally was female.

As they aren't quite starting the school year yet in the story, it would seem to be late summer. Shelly likely wanted to settle in early.

I'm Not Getting It...

Why would his sisters throw all his male clothes out of the closet? At that point they weren't talking about making a girl out of him; they were telling him to cut his hair. Were they making it unpleasant for him, hoping he'd take his clothes and leave? He's only 14 and still in middle school. Where would he go?

And these are the same sisters he's been living with for a dozen years and more. Why are they suddenly complaining about his appearance? It's clearly been like that for some time. Why is he a freak now when he wasn't last month? The sisters have just moved into Sally's house, same as he has, so it's not because he's encroaching on their space.

Finally, were they really expecting Sally to back them up? Did they figure that because she's MtF she hates boys?

I assume I'm missing something.

Eric

Re: I'm not getting it...

The two girls were being bitches, goading him to see what would happen initially. Most of what they stuffed into his closet, as stated in the piece, was stuff they had outgrown and had been kept in old suitcases to be passed down to the next girl in line, which should be Samantha.

They decided to be nasty and put the clothes in there, leaving his on the floor. I'm sure they weren't expecting the reaction they received.

Ever seen kids push another kid's buttons, so to speak, just to see what would happen? That is what Paula and Elaine were doing.

Maybe they're jealous of just how pretty and how much like their mother at a young age he appears to be? That could inspire jealousy.

Yeah, they implied he should cut his hair, but his response about that had them seeing the truth of the matter a moment later.

Before they ended up with Sally, their father controlled them via his size and threats of corporal punishment. Interesting, I never named their father, perhaps because of his rough and ready nature. Sally is very different from that, willing to talk first, then do what's needed.

They're in a new environment, a new family dynamic. What kid wouldn't test the waters under those circumstances? Well, Rick here...

As for Sally, I haven't explicitly decided whether Sally is simply a permanent cross-dresser or is transgender to some extent.

Perhaps they did think that about Sally, it might have been one element that triggered their actions toward Ricky.

Thanks for the comment, Eric, I always appreciate your questions and insights.

If Only

joannebarbarella's picture

I could have had sisters like that.

A good start to the story.

Samantha Heart's picture

I look ford to reading more.

Looks like the sisters have bated the hook & he took the bait now the hook is set & being reeled in slowly.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.