Tales Of The Angel Pandemic.

Printer-friendly version

Tales of the angel pandemic.
Chapter one.

 I was having a peaceful dream about a night I had when I was still in college.

I don't remember this girls name but I remember her, we were dancing and just about to kiss when the alarm went off.

I opened my groggy eyes and looked at the clock, it wasn't my alarm but my phone, looking at the clock and mentally groaning as it showed 3:16 am.

I answered my phone, "Doctor Peters, who is this"? 

"Pete, sorry but my phone died and i ha....

"What do you want Oscar"? I said trying to keep my calm with my assistant.

"Pete something is going on there's a bunch of guys here from the CDC looking for you" he whispered into the phone.

I sat up and grabbed my glasses, "What do they want"? I started getting dressed.

"I dont know something about a possible outbreak or something they've brought some girls with them" he said.

"What kind of girls" ?I asked.

"One looks like she might be seven the other two look like early teens" , "Look Pete get over here something isn't right".

"I'll be there soon" I said and hung up the phone.

I finished getting dressed and grabbed my phone wallet and keys.

I then walked out to my 78 bronco and headed towards the lab.

It took only fifteen minutes since it was so early and the city was dead at that hour.

I went to stop at the gate but Josef the night guard just motioned for me to keep going.

That was odd seeing as this Is an extremely secure facility that deals with all manner of sensitive research.

As I pulled up outside our lab Oscar and two men were Waiting for me.

I got out of the car and a man I had never seen before wearing a Polo shirt and khakis greeted me.

"Doctor Peters, agent Phil Grieves CDC biological investigations and containment" he said shaking my hand.

At this point I'm thinking the worse, something big like Ebola or a new strain of the black plague maybe".

"What's going on and how bad is it"? I asked.

"We honestly don't know I've personally never seen anything like this follow me and I'll explain when we get to your lab" Phil said as we started walking towards the front door.

We went inside and not much was said as we rode the elevator up to the seventh floor where our lab was located.

I work for the government testing biological agents, not as glamorous as it sounds mainly we just make better vaccines for the military to use for deployments.

We arrived and walked into the lab where I saw at least fifteen others all around these three young girls who looked young but for some reason they seemed to glow with beauty if that makes any sense.

"Ah Petey my boy come quickly" Doctor André Heinlein the head of our research team, the closest thing to a father I have ever had and the only person in existence who can get away with calling me Petey motioned for me to come over.

"Hey pops what's going on"? I asked.

"It's fascinating what do you see when you look at these three"? He motioned towards the girls.

I looked at them closely the smallest was a blonde who looked to be between five and seven years old.

She looked dazed like she wasn't all there or she was in a severe state of shock.

The next was a redhead maybe thirteen or fourteen who looked like she was just here, the look she had was as if someone had crushed every aspiration she had ever had and she was trying to force herself too hold it together and put on a brave face.

The last had jet black hair and was sobbing her eyes out while two female technicians tried to calm her down, she looked maybe sixteen.

But one thing that struck me was how even though they were an emotional mess they were probably the most adorable looking kids I had ever seen, almost Angelic if that makes any sense without sounding creepy.

They almost seemed like porcelain dolls, perfect skin, perfectly soft and fine hair and the faces they were almost hypnotizingly Beautiful.

Don't get me wrong there was no sexual attraction or anything it was just I have never seen anything or anyone like these kids before not even in a photoshoped magazine cover.

"I see three young girls, what am I supposed to see"?

"That's just it these girls are well at least were grown men up until a few hours ago" Pops said this and my mind started to fry.

"Do what now"?

Pops flipped to a page on the clip board he had in his hand.

"The smallest one is private first class Andrew Holcomb age twenty, the red head is Staff Sergeant Jeremy Hinkle age thirty two and the last one is Sergeant Deshawn Michaels age thirty six" pops handed me the papers and I started to look through them.

"Agent Grieves there's been more reports this time it's out of fort Campbell" a young Woman walked over too us.

"Thats not good, we need to figure out what's going on before this gets out and starts a panic" agent Grieves said grabbing his phone that had just started to ring.

 I started looking over the girls.

I looked at Sergeant Hinkle and looked at his forums, been in the military since he turned eighteen with nine combat tours four in Iraq, three in Afghanistan and two in Africa as a Marine special operator.

But now he seemed to be the only one of the three who was calm enough to speak with.

"Sergeant Hinkle" I asked.

He or she I guess looked at me.

"Ye...yes"? The voice was soft nothing like I'm sure he was use to hearing.

"Can you tell me what happened"? I asked while I motioned for my assistant to get the blood test cart over.

"Well.... I ah... I don't know, I had a really bad headache last night.... And I felt drained like I was just completely out of energy".

He looked down at my hands as I prepared to take a blood sample.

"I took some Tylenol and went to bed then I had to throw up in the middle of the night, when I got to the bathroom it took a second but I realized I was.... "Like this"  he put his head in his hands I could tell he was trying too hold back tears as much as he could.

I noticed the over sized wedding band on his finger.

"Are you married"? I asked as I took his arm and then poked the needle into it.

He sighed and looked at the ring. "Yeah I even have three kids the oldest is thirteen".

Ouch I felt for the guy, I'm sure he's hoping we can fix him but honestly I'm at a loss, I don't understand what's going on and I'm sure I was in the same boat as the others.

"We will do our best to help you" I said trying to give some comfort, I've never been good in these types of situations.

He just nodded his head but I'm sure he realized he was probably stuck like this.

Turning to Sergeant Michaels who was finally starting to calm down I looked at his paper work.

Joined the Marines at nineteen six combat tours currently a senior drill Instructor at Paris island and as it seems is supposed to be a thirty six year old African American with a height of six feet three inches and a weight of two hundred twenty five pounds.

He looked at me with the most mesmerizing colbolt blue eyes.

"Can.....Can you fix me doc"!?

He was pleading almost.

"We're going to try but I need to take a blood....." He thrust his arm out straight.

"Take what ever you need hell take all of it just please fix this mess I can't live as a white girl"!! He yelled out and personally I'm amazed at my composure because I almost laughed.

Not at him but how he said what he said it was funny.

"Look we are going to do what we can" it was all I knew to say.

"So what happened"? I asked as I wrapped his arm.

"I had been pretty busy getting ready for the crucible which is in a few days, I had been feeling like hammered damnit all day but I pushed myself through it" after lights out I had a massive migraine so I just collapsed to the floor".

"You didn't make it to the bed"?

"No it was like someone pulled my battery out or something"?

"Then just a bit later I woke up needing to throw up so I made a bee line towards the Head, something felt wrong and I was tripping over my pants and boots but when I turned on the lights Im sure I woke up half the base when i screamed, puked all over the place too" he said blushing.

"how much vomit was there" I asked.

"There was a lot , and it was this yellowish green liquid".

"Ok thats all I need to know for now" I said.

"Please doc you got to fix me Ive worked too hard for my career to end like this".

I finished up and then turned towards the smallest of the three Pfc Holcomb.

Age twenty, originally five foot eight one hundred eighty seven pounds.

I was about to say something when I was tapped on the shoulder.

I look over to see one of the techs a woman named Melissa, "Here I've already gotten a sample" she said handing me a vile.

"Thanks" I said taking it and sticking it in a tray on the cart.

"look he's finally calmed down but he was in a severe state of shock when they first arrived I don't think he's ready for any questions" she said taking a large wool blanket and wrapping him in it.

"Im gonna take him too my office and let him lay down on my sofa" she picked up the kid and walked towards her office.

I looked at agent Grieves who was on his phone and it looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Hey is there a TV around here"? He asked me.

I pointed towards the break room and he and a few of the other CDC guys walked towards it.

Not Knowing what else to do at the moment I followed them.

When we walked in one of the agents grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, it was already on a national news station and it didn't take us but a few seconds to realize the cat was out of the bag.

At least eight teen states had reported numerous cases of young men turning into young women and as we would find out these reports would be coming in for a long time.

As it stood we now had a national if not an international pandemic on our hands.

"What the hell is going on" I thought to myself.

_____________________

This is a new universe I'm putting out here for you guys to have fun with.

The stories are to be about different individuals from many different backgrounds and their experiences as victims of this pandemic.

You are free to use your imagination but I ask that you ask for permission before useing the characters mentioned above because this is also a series I will be continuing in which what has taken place and why will be made clear.

But again your mission is to be creative and show the effects on the victims as well as their families and communities.

The basic premise of the story is you have had an event happen that as of right now is unexplained the effects are (a lowering of the age usually by ten to fifteen years but although rare people will regress physically by more then twenty.

There is no age limit for who it can affect but the results are always a stunningly beautiful and or adorable young woman or girl.

Think anime adorable but realistic, I will give you the name and it will kinda of give you an idea of why that effect is a must.

The name of the virus is the angel virus.
See what I'm saying here.

Other effects are amazing speaking and singing voices, there are certain abilities and powers but they aren't just super over powered .

Things like  higher intelligence, greater athletic performance, better hearing and a Better sense of smell better reflexes you get the idea

Some will change race but not all  sometimes the change will lay dormant for a while after the outbreak so if you want someone who makes fun of those changed and want him to learn a lesson that option is open as well.

This universe is more about society and how America(yes this is exclusive to America for now and that has too do with a later plot) would deal with such an event.

Have fun and like I said all will be revealed I'm back and I bring you this as a gift.

 

Enjoy the Angel Pandemic(originally I was going to call this the angle Verse but I then found out someone else already has that name so I had to think on the fly, if you like the name let me know or if you have a better name please let me know and I may change it later)

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yes it does

I can see it as fun to write :)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Hmmm

Miyata's picture

If this was the outcome of the current worldwide pandemic, I could live with it.

Miyata312

'Do or Do Not, There is no Try' - Yoda

That will make them scratch their heads

Jamie Lee's picture

Suddenly being turned into girls of various ages, without bright lights, or something biting them, or waving a wand, really has those people scratching their heads.

If it was an isolated incident then they might be able to narrow down the agent that caused it. But as wide spread as it is it can't be just an agent causing the changes.

Chances are that nothing will show up in blood tests, or if there was anything it might be long gone. If something does show up then they'll at least have a bit of something to work with.

Others have feelings too.

Oh wow ...

This universe really looks interesting! I have a story that's been simmering on my back burner for ages, which may work well in this universe. I'll have to read more of what you wrote first, to see if it would work.