The beautiful maid of Juandale Manor.

Printer-friendly version

Warning:Most of this story takes place in Louisiana during 1963 . there is some language so be warned.
------------

It's dark outside the old Antebellum home situated on a hill overlooking the Lousiana Coast line.

The home has electricity, I mean obviously its only twenty fourteen. But the mistress of the Manor prefers the antique candle and oil lanterns that dot the exterior and interior of the lavish estate.

A car slowly snakes it's way up the long winding driveway only to park near the stairs on the circular driveway.

A young man climbs out of the driver's seat dressed in the standard uniform of a chauffeur. He walks around to the rear of the car and opens the door.

A man appearing just a few years his elder with short blonde hair and piercing blue eyes stepped out into the warm night.

The man then ascends the stairs to the front door where he knocks useing the antique door knocker in the shape of a lion's head.

Soon the door opens revealing a strikingly beautiful young short haird woman dressed in a modest classical high collar maids uniform.
Lord Andrew Hauler loved seeing this vision of beauty.

"Good evening she said in her shy mousey voice.
"Good evening Breanna and how are you this fine evening?" He asked taking her hand and bringing it up to his lips.

Normally this simple gentlemanly jester would have brought most women to their knees but her eyes remained neutral and purposed. She was use to his attempts at affection and he knew it.

"I apologize but Lady Juandale isn't home tonight" she said.
"That's perfectly fine and Please my dear call me Andrew" he smiled as he walked passed her into the foyer.

"In fact it isn't her who I am here to see tonight my dear Brianna" He smiled as she took his coat.

"I take it you're here to try and get me to marry you again?" She kept her calm demeanor but inside she wanted to punch him in the face, she despised their kind but the fight she once had had died many years before.
"No I'm just here to as the children say, Hang out" he said as they made their way into the large sitting area next to the open fire place.

"Cold are we?" He chuckled as he sat on the antique couch.
"It's nice,it reminds me of when I was human" She said sitting in a chair across from him.

"Ahh yes, I remember back then. I kinda still wish you had that old fire back. That, rebels spirit as it was" he stared into the fire remembering that night and all the punishment sessions over the years.

"You were such a fighter, such anger and rage. Yet so misguided".

She looked ashamed.
"Oh don't fret my dear, I know you're a changed ma.... well lady" he grinned.
"That was a long time ago, there's really no need to bring up the past" Brianna said sharply allowing her fangs to show and her eyes to flash crimson for a moment.

"I love it when you get that fire in your eyes" Lord Hauler said.
She looked at him with contempt but composed herself.

"I apologize for my outburst, I am sorry for stepping out of line.
"Perfectly fine my dear" he smiled as he reached up and gently caressed her cheek.

"You know all you have to do to go from half breed to one of us and escape this prison is to drink my blood" He held his index finger to her lips.

She turned her head.
"I apologize, but I just can't bring myself to do that" she let a tear fall down her cheek.
"Oh you could, but you have to make that decision for yourself. Such a shame that a beauty like yourself is stuck here as some lowly servant" he caressed her cheek.

"Servitude suits me, it gives me a purpose" she looked away.
"But you'd have a purpose, a wonderful purpose as my wife I would give you the world" he said as he looked into the fire.

"It's been fifty one years since you were changed, Lady Juandale has long forgiven you for your crimes but in order to leave this place you must become a full vampire" Hauler was all but pleading with her.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't. I just can't do it" she was crying.
"Oh please don't cry my love" He said pulling her into an embrace.
"I don't want to be a monster" she bawled.

"I understand" He said hugging the crying girl as he thought back to that night on april twenty second nineteen sixty three.

"They're in the old barn" Bryan(Possum) Vernon yelled as he saw the dogs barking at the door to an old barn.

"Dillard get the gas bottles from the truck" Bryan yelled to a tall lanky boy in overalls.
"We'll burn their black asses out" he smiled as he spit on the ground.

"Hey Possum we got the barn surrounded dem niggers ain't got nowhere to run" a large portley man Bobby Coleman" said as he walked over with his shotgun in his hands.

"That's good" Bryan said as Dillard walked over and handed him a glass bottle filled with gas that had a rag in the spout.

"ALRIGHT LISTEN UP, WE KNOW YALL'RE IN THERE. EITHER COME OUT PEACEFULLY OR...." a gun shot rang out and everyone hit the dirt and dove behind random junk scattered around the old barn yard.

Dillard fell to the ground screaming and holding his stomach.

"Damnit Open fire"Bryan yelled out and the rest of the posse opened fire on the barn.

Bernard and Dwayne Karmen and their sister Isabel hunkered down in a large cast iron feed trough as bullets flew around banging and tinging off of things inside the barn.

"Why'd you drag us into this, damn it Bernard!" Dwayne yelled as he shielded his sister beneath them.

"I'm sorry I just lost it I couldn't help it" Bernard was crying as he gripped his old man's Winchester tighter.

"You didn't have to kill the old man"Dwayne yelled out.
"I know I know I'm sorry" he cried out as a bullet graded his cheek and he tried to get more behind the old beam he was huddled behind.

Six hours earlier.
"Hey Dwayne, that the old guy who punched pops the other day" Bernard asked as they loaded feed into the back of the old ford pickup of their dads.

"Yeah it is" Dwayne said as he looked at the old guy walking across the parking lot followed by a blue heeler.

The man was about average height with a stocky build and a beard wearing overalls and an old shiners hat.

About the time the boys saw him Isabel came walking out of the feed store. Jekels feed store was one of the only places around that didn't mind colored folks shopping there. John Jekels motto was if your cash is green then come on in.

As she passed the old man he said something and she turned and said something back.

"Aww shit" Bernard said as he tossed down the bag of feed and started walking towards them.

Isabel was walking towards them as Bernard stormed passed her she turned.
"Bernard?" She asked as he walked by.

Dwayne wasn't far behind.
"Hey o'l man" Bernard yelled as the man stepped onto the porch of the store.
By this time lot's of folks had their attention on the boy.

The man "Bill Vernon" stopped and looked back.
"Can I help you boy?" He asked giving Bernard the side eye.
"What you say to my sister?" He demanded.
Bill turned and sized up the kid.

"I don't see how at's any of yo damn business boy" he said walking closer to Bernard.
"It is my business cause she..."
"Bernard stop it he just..." Isabel went to say.
"Hush Isabel I got this" he said staring the old man down.

Bill started chuckling as he got right up to Bernard. Bernard was a few inches taller then the old man but he was still shaking as the two stood there.

"Listen here nigger, I'm in a good mood today so I'm gone give you one chance to hop yo jungle bunny ass back on over to your own business, and mind it" Bill spit some chaw on the ground to the side of Bernards feet.

"Ya hear me little boy" Bill said reaching up and patting Bernard on the cheek.
Bernard saw red and before he could stop himself he reared back and threw a punch which bill easily dodged before landing a right and then a left hook to Bernard sending him back on his butt in a mud puddle.

"Come back when you can act like a man son, then we'll talk" Bill chuckled.
Dwayne and Isabel ran over to Bernard who had tears in his eyes as well as a busted lip and nose.

"Get off me" he said jumping to his feet and pushing past them.
"I'm sorry about that sir" Isabel said with her head down.

Bill looked at her and Dwayne.
"Y'all better get him under control or one of these days he gone get himself kilt" he said as he turned and started walking back towards the store.

"Come on Isabel we...."
Dwayne heard crunching gravel and looked up horrified at what he saw.
It was as if time slowed down as he saw Bernard raising their dads old rifle he had grabbed out of their truck.

Before anyone could do anything a shot rang out.
Bill stumbled and slowly turned around gripping his chest.

He looked Bernard in the eye right as he fired another shot hitting him in the head.
The whole place went silent as Bill fell like a brick to the ground his Dog hobo barking and yelping as he ran to his masters side.

Isabel was screaming and Dwayne ran over and grabbed the rifle from Bernard who just looked at his hands and then the body laying on the ground.

As other men and a few women came running over to see what had happened Dwayne yelled "We gotta go come on" as he shook his brother.

They grabbed Isabel and all three ran towards the truck.
Shots were fired at them as they peeled out of the dirt lot kicking up gravel and dust as the old fourty eight ford screamed down the road.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT!" Dwayne yelled as he drove checking the mirrors hoping they weren't being followed.

"I don't know I don't know I don't know I got mad" Bernard cried.
"They're gonna kill us, they're gonna FUCKING KILL US" Dwayne yelled as he hit the steering wheel.

Isabel was just crying and saying no over and over.
"Isabel, Isabel, ISABEL!"Dwayne yelled getting her attention.

"What did the old man say to you, what did he call you" Dwayne asked.
She shook her head.

"Isabel what did he call you?" He asked again.
"He....he didn't call me anything, he complemented my dress. Said I look pretty so I said thank you".

Bernard leaned out the passenger side window which had been shot out as they peeled out of the parking lot and started puking.

"We're gonna die today" Dwayne said as tears rolled down his cheeks and he pressed the gas pedal as hard as he could.

Bryan Vernon stood over the body of his old man. Bryan had been raised to not cry but couldn't help the lone tear that escaped the side of his right eye.

Bill Vernon wasn't his biological father but had raised Bryan as if he was his own flesh and blood after his real dad had been arrested for beating his mom to death when Bryan was four.

The Vernon's had been his family and even though Bill had a reputation of being one hard son of a bitch he was a good father, an honest and fair man who didn't go looking for trouble but would handle it when it came looking for him.

And Bryan was the same way.
Quite, Calm and hard to rile up but probably one of the last men you wanted to piss off.

"What happened Jekel?" He asked the old man.
"I didn't see it happen but I was running the till when I heard the shots. I ran out and them Karmen kids were running off like a bat outta hell. A couple of the fellers took a few shots at em but I don't think any of them hit" John said scratching the back of his head.

"Wayne Dillard said it was the middle boy Bernard who did the shooting, said yo daddy whooped him pretty good before everything happened" john looked at his old friend laying there under the old tarp.

"You talk to the undertaker yet?" Bryan asked.
"The coroners in Cameron but he's on his way and the sheriff is off somewhere fishing so we've been trying to find him" John said.

"Well shit, guess we need to get a posse together. Come hell or high water I'll see that nigger hanging by sun down" Bryan said as he started walking back to his truck.

John winced at what Bryan had said, he didn't like that kinda language but he understood the pain of loosing a father.
"Bryan, just don't loose your head son. Bill wouldn't want that" John said.

Bryan stopped and glanced back.
"Probably not, but he ain't here right now" he said then continued on to his truck.

"HOLD YOUR FIRE" Bryan yelled as he waved his flashlight to the others.
A few more shots rang out before everything went quiet again, all but the moans and groans of Wayne who had been shot in the stomach.

"Y'all still alive?" He yelled out
"Please, I'm sorry" Bernard hollered out.
"Come out, come out now and only one of you will die tonight. But if we have to we'll burn that barn with all three of you in it" Bryan hollered back.

"If I come out, you won't hurt my brother and sister?" Bernard yelled.
"I just want the one who shot my old man" Bryan yelled out.

Dwayne stood up and went to walk.
"Dwayne no" Bernard stood up and in front of his older brother.

"They will kill us all, give me the rifle and I want you and Isabel to leave out that back door" Dwayne said.

"It's out, That was my last bullet" Bernard said.
"It doesn't matter, give me the gun" Dwayne said holding his hand out.

Bernard looked at his brother and then at the gun.
"You got till I count to ten" they heard outside.
"Sorry Dwayne" Bernard said ducking down and using the butt of the rifle to hit his brother hard in his left knee cap.

"Dammit"Dwayne yelled as he fell grabbing his leg.
Bryan had already started counting.

"I'm coming out" Bernard yelled as he tossed down the gun before he pushed open the door.
All eyes, flashlights and guns were trained on him as he walked out with his hands up.

Bryan lowered his rifle and walked over to the boy.
Trembling and scared Bernard looked at the young man who couldn't have been more then twenty.

"Pa...lease, it.. It... wa...s all my fau...lt my brother and sister had..ha..had nothing to do with it" he said trying to hold back his sobs.

"You know you only have yourself to blame right?" Bryan asked with cold eyes.

Bernard nodded.
"How old are you boy?" Bryan asked.

"Four.. Te...een" Bernard said.
"Be a man about this and I won't hurt your kin" Bryan said.

Bernard nodded.
"Let's walk" Bryan said motioning towards a direction off to the side.

"Bryan listen son you don't have to kill the boy" John jekel said as he walked over.
"Stay out of this old man" Bryan shot him and icy look that sent a shiver up his spine.

Bernard slowly got himself under control and had to catch himself to keep from running when he saw illuminated by the headlights of an old pickup truck was a tree with a noose hanging from it.

Bryan pushed him towards the noose and after his hands were tied it was placed around his neck.

The other end of the rope was tied to the bumper of the truck.
Bobby Coleman climbed in and slowly started backing up.

Bernard was praying as he was slowly lifted till the rope was tight and he was standing on his tip toes.

"PLEASE STOP IT" Isabel came running up and pushed Bryan from behind.
Dwayne was limping up as fast as he could but his knee hurt badly.

Bryan back handed Isabel and she hit the ground.
"Damn you!" Dwayne yelled as he was grabbed by two of the other men.

"Listen here little girl, I told your brother here I wouldn't kill y'all and I'm a man of my word but don't test my patience" he said as he pressed the barrel of his rifle to her forehead while she was on the ground holding her cheek.

"Your brother made a mans choice and now he's got to deal with the consequences" He said lowering his rifle.

"Oh really" A woman's voice was heard from the darkness.
All the men looked around with their flash lights.

Suddenly a dark figure swooped by and the rope around Bernards neck was cut and he fell to the ground.

The men started scanning the area and suddenly something grabbed George Hellerman and dragged him off into the darkness screaming.

"What was that" John Jekel yelled out scanning the area with his shotgun.

"What in Gods name" He said as his light landed on a young white girl dressed in a black dress with her long blonde hair in a high pony tail . she looked no older then ten.

He only had a moment to ponder the sight as in a flash the girl had punched him in the stomach so hard it was as if she had punched his lungs out of him.

Bryan backed towards the tree as one by one a man was taken and all that could be heard were screams. Some fired their guns aimlessly into the darkness and others tried to run back to their vehicle.

Bobby Coleman tried to drive off in his truck but right as he turned on the old dirt path leading back to the main road his head lights fell on a tall black man standing in the road wearing a white coat and and a pressed purple and white striped suit with a cain and a white jaxon hat.

"Outta my way nigger" He snarled as he floored his truck.
The man in the road smiled and with one punch the truck crumpled around him.

Bob was hurt and cut up as the man walked around to the drivers door.
"This is a very expensive suit you've just ruined, you're a Biggin but by the time I'm finished you'll be the perfect little play thing for me" he smiled.

Bobby screamed as he was dragged from the truck.

Soon after the only man left at the hanging tree was Bryan who had his back against it and his old rifle raised towards the darkness.

He saw movement and fired hearing a young girl scream.
"Son of a bitch he shot me" she yelled.
"Suck it up Saline you'll be fine" a man's voice chuckled.
"Shut up its not funny that shit hurts" she yelled back.

Bryan fired another shot.
He was holding himself together but like any normal man would be he was scared on the inside.

Out of nowhere he saw a glint and felt a pain in both his shoulders.
He lost use of his arms and his gun fell to the ground.

He fell backwards and leaned against the tree.
He was breathing heavily as he looked down and saw knives imbeded in each of his shoulders.

"Like a cornerd rabbit, scared and frail he believes this is the end of his tale" A sultry female voice laughed from with in the darkness.

Soon after a figure appeared like a dark specter illuminated by the light of the dropped flashlights that littered the area her eyes glowing a vibrant Sapphire green.

Dwayne, Isabel and Bernard watched in aww as a well dressed woman with mocha skin and wearing a ring masters outfit of a green curve hugging suit jacket and tan leather pants with knee high black lace up boots walked passed them towards Bryan.

She stooped to Bernard and cut his ropes so that his hands were free.
He stood up and moved his way to his brother and sister.

The lady then turned her attention towards the young man by the tree.
"Of all the nerve, for you to try and Lynch someone on my land during one of my parties" she walked over and stood above Bryan.

"This don't concern you, that little nigg... " she kicked him in the stomach causing him to gasp as it felt like her foot had gone right through him.

"I will not tolerate such vile words on my land" her eyes were glowing.
"This bitch ain't human" Bryan thought as he lay on the ground.

"So what shall we do with them all" a tall well dressed blonde man asked as he and about twenty others walked out of the darkness into Bryan's line of sight.

There were men, women, boys and girls all dressed as if they were attending a lavish party.

"Well Hauler as you know we can't kill them, but I'm sure considering how many of them have seen what's happened here that the Council won't mind us changing them" the woman said.

"Cha... chan...ging?" Bryan gasped out.
She kneeled down to him her leather pants and boots squeaking as she did.

"If it was up to me I'd just kill you and drain you dry like in the old days but that's not an option anymore. I wish I could change you into a negro but again that's not possible even with our abilities".

Bryan was scared, he was fighting it but he wasn't fooling anyone. These monsters were not human and death was less scary then anything he could imagine about what they would do to him.

"Sleep now, my pet" she said and instantly Bryan lost consciousness.
She then stood up and approched the three children who were huddled together off to the side.

Bernard put himself in front of his brother and sister.
"Relax children we mean you no harm" She chuckled.

"I am Lady Eloise Juandale, the owner of the land you are currently on".
"You're safe here so please join us at the house for dinner" she said as two of the other strangers walked over and helped them stand.

"Bring all the prisoners to the house" she ordered and all the unconscious men were gathered and brought along.

The kids didn't know who these people were or what was going on but they were greatful to their rescuers.

After a few minutes of a hike through the woods the lights of a large manor appeared in the distance.

They all made their way up a lantern lit trail towards the house and once inside the kids were blown away by the beauty of the old Antebellum Manor.

"Please wait in the sitting room we'll fetch you shortly" Lady Juandale said pointing towards a small sitting area.

She then left to tend to the other "guest".
Bryan was hurting, his head hurt, his arms hurt hell he just hurt as he was brought back around.

He noticed that he was surrounded by these strange people and sitting in a line next to him were the other men he had been with and all them were naked and tied to chairs all except Dillard who was laying dead on the floor in front of them.

"What's going on?" One of the men asked.
A young blonde girl walked over and stood in front of him .

"I'm getting a new sister tonight" she smiled saying in a sing song voice.
"What... Do you mean?" He asked again.
"You'll find out soon enough Rebecca" A tall red headed man said as he walked over and placed his hand on the young girls shoulder.

"Who... who's Rebecca?" He asked trembling.

As the men all awoke and noticed they were surrounded by a large number of people more then had been at the old barn.

All these people gave off an air of some kind that scared most to their core.
"What the hell is going on here"Bob Coleman yelled out as he saw his predicament.

The tall man from earlier walked over to the broken man and smacked him across the face.
"You will not use foul language in the presence of women" he said.

"Fuck you nigger!" bob spat in the man's face.
The man wiped his cheek with a handkerchief.
"Very well" He said.

Bob chuckled, he had no fear if he was gonna die he was gonna go out fighting.
The man smiled and before Bob could blink had ripped his jaw out of socket.

Bob was hollering as the man grabbed his tongue between his fingers and pulled it out as far as it would go.

"If you can not watch your tongue then I shall take it from you" he said as he used a knife and in one quick slice cut out Bobs tongue.

Bob was hollering and gargling as the other men looked on in horror.
"Anyone else feel like speaking out of turn?" He asked tossing the tongue away.

Lady Juandale walked into the room from a hallway.
"I see we've already started the festivities" she laughed as she moved down the line.

"Now that we're all here we may as well move on the the main event. ladies and Gentleman we have plenty of our special serum available so go ahead and grab a syringe" she said as a man dressed as a Butler wheeled in a cart with antique brass syringes filled with a glowing pink liquid.

The ones who were there at the tree except two or three each grabbed one and so did she.
They each walked up to one of the men and stood before them.

"Normally when a human receives our venom they change but still retain their current form" she said as she stood before Bryan.

"But thanks to many years of research and development we can almost taylor the outcome of the change" Bryan was too weak to fight as she stuck the syringe into his neck.

He felt an ice cold sensation as the liquid entered his body.
The others did the same with their captives.

After it was done the men were cold and shaking.
"You see normally we'd just knock you out and go about our days cause no one would believe the ramblings of a lone man saying he had seen a vampire. But seventeen would be a different story. No unfortunately we must take care of loose ends and find a different way to punish you for the shameful display of hatred we witnessed earlier" she was smiling but everyone felt the edge in her voice.

"So you will become our initiates and will be servants or play things until one day you will hopefully have learned your lesson and willingly join our fold" she walked down the line of trembling terrified humans.

"Please I have a family, please I won't tell anyone" Kevin Gates pleaded.
"And I'm sure they'll miss you but after what I saw earlier you deserve this, one day you will redeem yourself and maybe see them again. But the road will not be easy" she said caressing his cheek.
Kevin started to sob.

"The serum should be cemented now, everyone you know the drill as you bite let the magic in the serum view your mind so it will know what changes to make" Juandale said as she stood before Bryan.

"Please, don't........" She sunk her fangs into his throat.
He felt something, something going from her mouth, or was it from her fangs it burned but he couldn't move or protest as darkness over came him.

Bernard and his brother and sister were talking about the nights events when there was the sound of footsteps coming down the hardwood floors.

"Hello children" Juandale sang as she entered the room.
"How are we feeling?" She asked as she sat in a straight back chair.

"My knee still hurts but its better then it was" Dwayne said shooting his brother a look.
"Well I'm happy to hear that, so why don't you tell me the story of how we all ended up here?" She asked as a Butler wheeled in a cart with some snacks on it.

The kids told her in great detail the events of the day and she was all ears.
"I see, so was this man attacking you when you shot him?" She asked watching Bernard very close.

He felt ashamed but he slowly shook his head no.
"He was walking away" he said as tears rolled down his cheek.

Lady Juandale sat back in her chair and sighed.
"Although I believe all those men deserve what has happened to them not only for their attempt at killing you but also I just believe they are despicable humans I also see no just cause to your actions" she said looking Bernard in the eyes.

He was scared of this woman.
"I'm sorry" he said looking down.
"I'm sure you are, but sorry isn't enough" she said standing up.

"You killed a man in cold blood and for that you must face some type of punishment" she said looking at him.

"Please he just wasn't thinking he...." Isabel tried.
"Quiet" Juandale snapped.
"Normally the human courts would be responsible for this but since we already have a huge mess to deal with and we can't risk anymore issues with what's happend tonight I'm afraid that it is now up to us" she placed a hand on the boys shoulder.

"But, you've killed people before?" Bernard was scared.
"I have, but that was many many years ago and I was also punished for my actions. We live by a set of rules that keep both us and humans in line and rules must be followed or they are meaningless" she said.

"What are you gonna do to him" Dwayne asked.
"I don't know yet, it depends on what we deem a suitable punishment. It will be harsh but he will hopefully be a better person for it when it's complete" she said motioning for them to follow her.

They followed her to a large dining hall where there was a large number of guests as well as several unconscious young women and little girls in the nude tied to chairs.

Isabel shrinked away when she saw one of the girls who looked to be mid teens had blood all over her mouth, chest, legs and stomach. She was small and petite almost doll like with dark brown hair she was almost like a porcelain doll but the blood really broke the picture.

"What happened to her?" She asked worried about the girl.
A tall muscular black man chuckled.
"She couldn't hold her tongue so I decided to hold it for her". The crowd laughed.

"These are the men who attacked you, as you can see their punishment has been decided".

Bernard felt an instant pang of fear as he saw what had been done to these men.
He hung his head.

"What's gonna happen to them?" Bernard asked with a shaking voice.
"Well most are going to be servants for a while others will be like little sister's or living dolls but eventually they will hopefully finish their punishment and be better off for it" she said placeing a hand on his shoulder.

"Is this what's gonna happen to me?" He asked.
"It depends, what you did was a lot more serious then what these men did. So it will depend on what is voted on and whatever we're allowed to do by the council" she said.

"But let's not worry about that now".
"What about us?" Dwayne asked.

"The two of you are free to go, our people will be working on damage control and will keep an eye on you for the foreseeable future" Juandale said.

"But what about Bernard will we see him again?" Isabel asked.
"Of course, but it's gonna be a while" she chuckled.

"What about our parents?" Dwayne asked.
"I will talk to them personally but that's not your concern. Now it's time for you to go home my Butler Mr. Bell will take you and I will be by tomorrow to speak with your parents and discuss things

"This isn't right you should let the..." Dwayne said but was shushed by Juandale who put her hand out.

"Think about it children, even if I was to let him go he would be a fugitive. And when he's caught how is he going to explain the disappearance of eighteen men?" She asked.

"We helped you cause you were in trouble and although it was fun to play around it has given us one big mess to deal with." She said as she looked at the unconscious girls.

"It's nothing we can't handle but the less problems we have to deal with the easier it will be"Juandale said leading the three of them to the front door".

"Bernard will stay here tonight, tell your family he is in good hands and if anyone asks he ran off and you don't know where he is.we will talk tomorrow night" she said as they walked out on the porch.

"Bye brother", Dwayne said as he and Isabel hugged him goodbye.
They walked to an old fifties model Cadillac and climbed in.

Twenty one people went into those woods that day and only two came out that night.
The disappearance of the men was a mystery but thanks to many many friends in high places it became more of a local legend then anything.

Bernard Karman is still a fugitive and the murder of Bill Vernon remains open even to this day.

The men had been taken in by the different clans who had been there that night.
Bryan had been taken in by Lady Juandale her self. She had fought her situation for years but eventually the punishments took its toll on the girl.

As a half breed she could only go outside of lady Juandales large property with the Lady of the house herself.

Thanks to a special coller that could only be taken off by Bryan and only if he becomes a full fledged vampire.

But Bryan despised the vampire's. He hated them for what they had done to him and his friends.

So after a long almost thirty year long fight he finally resigned himself to his prison and found contentment in being a maid servant and she took on the name of Brianna.

"My dear you won't become a monster, if we were monsters you wouldn't be here today" Andrew said as he hugged the sobbing girl.

"One day I hope you'll forgive us. That one day like all the others you will accept what you are and move on with your life but as long as it takes I will wait." Andrew said looking into her beautiful eyes.

He stood up.
"One day you will understand what you have and forget what you lost".
"I will be here, when that time comes" He said as he walked over and looked out the window.

"I heard he's been released from his servitude?" She asked.
"She, has been yes" Andrew said.

"She?" Brianna asked.
"Yes, it was decided to turn him like you at least he wouldn't be found by the authorities and then he was sentenced to hard labor at a prison mine for our kind" .

"Fifty years?"
"Yes twenty five years for each man he killed, its not as harsh as it sounds but still hard labor is hard labor.but she's now one of us and moving in with one of the Clans" Andrew said looking over at her.

"One day I hope you'll come around but till then. I'll wait my love" He said as she stood up and they walked to the front door.

"I shall call again" he smiled as she handed him his coat.
"Till next time" he said kissing her hand.
She watched as he climbed into his car and it drove off into the night.

"Could I ever be one of them?" She asked herself as she shut the door.

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos