Amber pt 13 ***** A Kymmie verse Story*****

Printer-friendly version

When I told Jeff and Heather they too where overjoyed. Both will be at the barbecue.
I had to call Kalley and have her come home early. When asked Why. I told her, it was for her sister wedding reception. Then I told her what happened. She said she would be home on Saturday.

Greg called his mom in Florida. An told her what was going on. She finally realized what he was talking about. She couldn't make the event on Sunday. She will however be damn sure to be their for the wedding.

I called Sally and talked to her about the plans and everything was a go. Jeff was going to get them both out of the house Sunday, Everybody will be helping set up the surprise.

Saturday came and went. Brook and Kelsey worked at Skatin Station today. They came home about 1:30.
Sunday dawned bright and sunny. Just a few lazy clouds. I usually make breakfast on Sundays. Today was Waffles, hash browns, bacon, and juice.

Kendra was the first at the table. “Morning , Mom.”

“Good morning,” I said.
Once served. Kennedy, Kalley and Keira arrived. They each said good morning to me.

“Good Morning, Girls. It's coming right up.”

“Mom, may I be excused ?” Kendra asked.

“Yes, you may.”
Just as Kendra was getting finished Brook and Kelsey came in.

“Morning, Mom.” They each said.

“Good morning, Ladies, have a seat” I said as I put down plates in front of them.
Finally Karla and Keely showed up.

Yawning Karla sat down. “mornin, ma”

“Good morning, Momma” Keely said sitting down.

“Well good morning lazy bones. Luckily I have some left. Looks like Maxie is out of luck”
Maxie let out a small woof, and began talking to me.

In turn when they finished the girls asked to be excused. I made sure to teach them proper manners. Even Brook asked.
Brook and Kelsey went out and helped Greg. They helped with the chairs. About 45 minutes later. Kelsey and Brook relaxed in the family room, talking. About 1:10 the phone rang.

“Picking it up, “Hello” I said.

“Hey Sis. Is everything getting ready.”

“Yeah,” I said softly. “You can head over when you finish talking to Kelsey.”

“That was the plan.”

“Kelsey, It is your Uncle Jeff.”

Kelsey came into the kitchen and got the phone from me.

“HI, Uncle Jeff. What's going on?”

“I thought you would want to know, your block came in late yesterday. I thought you may want to come over and check it to make sure everything that you ordered came in.”

“Yeah, Me and Brook will head over.” Kelsey said looking at the clock, They had time before the barbecue started at 3. She hung up.

“Hey, Sweetheart. The block for the crown vic came in. Let's go check it out before the barbecue starts.
Brook and Kelsey headed to her uncles shop. About 5 minutes later. The calls went out. Telling everyone that the newlyweds where gone.

Brooks parents and sister showed up. Brooks dad and Greg hung up a banner saying congratulations. While Megan and our girls handled the balloons. Brooks mom helped out Me and Kennedy with the food. As soon as Mom and Dad showed up with all of the shelties. Both Brooks Aunt Kathy and my sister Heather and their families showed up. Jeff and his family also showed up. The surprise reception was getting finalized. Everything was finished by 3.

We heard Kelsey and Brook pull into the drive way.

Greg called. “Everyone wait till they are around the corner of the house.”

Kelsey and Brook came around the corner, holding hands.

"CONGRATULATIONS” Everyone yelled.

The look on their faces was priceless. Finally Brook said, What?

Mom went up to them and gave them each a hug.“Congratulations, girls. Both your parents and Us decided to give you a reception.”

Both Brook and Kelsey couldn't believe it. They had tears of Joy.

For the next half hour they made introductions to each of the family members. Brook's cousin Amy who was 7 didn't really grasp the concept of two girls getting married. Kelsey told her that whither or not they where two girls, they love each other and want to be together forever. She half way understood.

The newlyweds mingled for the rest of the picnic. It was also a barbecue so they ate till they where stuffed.
As everyone was relaxing. Brooks dad stood up.

“Can I have every ones attention. I propose a toast to the Newlyweds.” Holding up his glass of Pepsi. “To the happy couple, may there lives together be long lived and Happy as can be”

“To the happy couple.” Everyone said.

Kelsey and Brook clicked glasses of Mountain Dew, drank a sip then kissed deeply.
Everyone else cheered.

Then Jeff stood up. “Brook, Kelsey. Being your both motorheads like me. I want to give you both the Crown Vic and the complete build you want for it. It will be the nastiest street car on the road.”

“Thank you, Uncle Jeff.” They both said. Giving him a huge hug.

Then Dad stood up. “Well Not to be out done by my son. Kelsey and Brook I want to give you two this” He pulled out a set of keys.

“Keys for What, Granpa?” Kelsey asked.

“These are for 27214 Brierwood. Your first house”

“WHAT!!!” Brook said.

Mom and Dad smiled. “A gift from us.” Mom started “We talked just after you two llast Sunday. We knew you to will be together forever. That night we contacted our Realtor to start a search. I had just hit the market, on Saturday. It was perfect for you two. 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bath, and a big garage. It is still in the Ridgemore high school area.”

Both Brook and Kelsey broke out in tears. Through Sobs of joy Brook said. “God, We don't know what to say. Thank you so much.” Both gave Mom and Dad a big hug.

Still with tears in their eyes. Keely got up. “Kelsey, my sister and my new sister in law, Brook. The six of us got together and got you two an Art Van furniture gift certificate. To help furnish your new place.”

I stood up next to Keely. “Your sisters told us they where doing this. Both me, your dad and Brooks parents doubled what your sisters got you two.”

Keely hand it to Brook after getting a hug. Brooks eyes went wide. She showed it to Kelsey it was for twelve grand.
With a cracking happy voice, Kelsey said, “ Grandma and Grandpa told you about the house.” I nodded.

“This is for the happy couple, from me, Heather, Mark Jr, Ashley, and Krystal” Kelsey's uncle Mark gave them a check for $5000.

Brooks Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bryan gave them a check for $2000

“Thank you, thank you ,all. We can't thank you enough.” Brook said. Hugging everyone. As did Kelsey.

Karla went and turned on some music. Then said, “ Well we didn't know if you two have a song yet. But it is time for the brides to dance.”

Kelsey stood and offered Brook her hand. They walked out towards an open spot in the yard. Kelsey put her arms around Brook as Brook did the same. They danced staring into each others eyes the whole time. About half way thought both Brook's parents and Me and Greg, Mom and Dad, and all the aunts and uncles joined them. Once the song was over they all clapped.

The reception/ barbecue lasted until after dark. Finally finishing around 10. Kelsey's grandparents where the last to leave, after helping clean up. Kelsey and Brook looked exhausted, they went to bed. About half hour later Me and Greg did too. Our Sheltie Smokes laid on the end of the bed.

For the rest of the month nothing special happened. August dawned With the Sturgis Motorcycle rally. Mom and Dad always go. This year, Greg and I, Kelsey and Brook, Kalley and Kennedy rode all the way. I rode behind Greg, just enjoying the ride. Letting my mind relax. That week always does me a lot of good. Taking the stress of the office and even being a parent fade away. Dad and Mom drove the motorhome and trailer. Dad has a place where he always parks the motorhome. It is on the hill just north of Downtown Sturgis. He puts the trailer close to the edge and uses the lift gate for a porch. It is great to sit and watch the happenings from there. Me and Greg rode all over the Black Hills from Edgemont to Newell. Even rode the badlands loop, with Mom, Dad, Kelsey, Brook, Karla, and Kendra. The other 4 had did a run to Keystone and Mt. Rushmore.
I didn't want it to end but alas I had to go back to work. We also rode home.

School started for the girls and Brook and Kelsey. Kelsey told me that they had made the changes at school. Their new address and Brooks last name from Robinson to Reid. The secretaries at the schools office didn't want to do it. Until Kelsey presented their marriage license. Once it was confirmed as genuine the changes where made. Kelsey had to almost pull the lawyer card. I almost said told ya so, but didn't.

For the first day of school the girls always make a big deal out of it. The tradition is wear something nice. So they did. Kalley wore a knee length purple wrap dress. Keira wore a calf length sheath dress, with a slit up to her thigh. It was a pretty floral pattern. Kendra wore a bright red skater dress, as did Kennedy in white. Karla our bookworm looked like a teacher. In a pinstriped skirt, Matching jacket, and a white top. Keely wore a LBD. With a low cut back. It reached just above the knees. They all wore heels. My girlslooked beautiful. Then again I can be partial at times.

Two years ago I learned that my girls will walk down the school halls, the quads in front side by side and the triplets right behind them. Also side by side. Just to screw with peoples minds. However this year, Kennedy and Kalley had gotten their hair cut so they looked a little different. Now they all can't take an others place. Which I know they do. Got to love identical s.
For me life went on.

Greg and I still going out on Friday nights. Getting dinner and doing a little cruising. Most of the time, if we go up on Telegraph we can see Kelsey and Brook at the Street Knights club house. Sometimes on the road. Brook and Kelsey own three skating rinks now. All doing pretty well, so I'm told. They have furnished their new house nicely. Put in a privacy fence around the back yard. Installed a hot tub. If they are anything like me and Greg when we are alone at home. We will use the hot tub nude, which 9 times out of 10 we wind up making love afterwords.

Thanksgiving was a huge affair. A huge family dinner at Mom and Dads. Our whole family there. Jeff and Heather did their own dinner at there own homes.

Two weeks before Christmas, I was at work. As normal I check my patient list. When I see a Brooklynn Reid, 10:45
' Wonder what's wrong with Brook'

10:30 rolls around. My nurse Tawny tells me, “ Amber, your daughter in law is in room 5.”

“Thanks, Tawny.”

I finish with my current paperwork. Then head to room 5. As normal I knock. The walk in.

“ Hi, Honey.” I say to Brook. “ What brings you in today.”

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos