Amber pt 19 ***** A Kymmie verse Story*****

Printer-friendly version


Amber part 19

“ Yeah,” Both my Granddaughters said.

He held up a purple bag. “ How about pink and purple?”

“ Can I have a pink one on my leg and the purple on my arm?”

“ You sure can.” I said.

I gently took hold of Whitley's right leg. I glanced at the x-ray. I felt for the sign of the mismatch. I moved the lower part of her leg. Around just a little. Until I felt it slide back into place. I had a nurse hold it, to keep it in that position. I turned it over to Tony. To work his magic.

“ Now, don't wiggle around.” Tony told Whitley.

I set Riley's wrist and did the pink cast on her. Tony set Whitley's arm, then did the purple cast on her arm.

I left to check on Kelsey. My daughter was still unconscious, However she was stable. Her breathing was better, as was her heart rate. There was no signs of cranial trauma. While I know that she has been trained to tolerate great pain. Her body may have just shut down to heal.

I called up to surgery to check on Brook. The nurse told me she did have some internal bleeding. But the babies where out of danger. The surgical team would be finishing up shortly.

I remembered Greg he must be waiting. I rushed out and got him.

“ I'm sorry baby.” I said. “ I got side tracked.”

“ Sweetie, I understand. How are our girls?” He asked. As we walked to our granddaughters room.

“ Kelsey is still out. Her body must have just shut down. But she is stable. Brook did have some internal bleeding. She was sent to emergency surgery She will be fine too.
As for Whitley and Riley see for yourself?”

We walked into the room. Riley and Whitley where sitting on the bed watching TV. Both in pink casts, Whitley on her leg , while Riley's wrist was cast. Whitley also had a purple cast on her right arm.

“ Grandpa,” Riley cried as she slid off the bed and ran to us. She almost wiped out. With her slight concussion and fast movement. Caused her to lose her balance. Greg caught her and picked her up.

Whitley looked like she was going to move.

“ You stay their, young lady” I warned. She stopped. Greg carried Riley over and set her back on the bed. Giving both a kiss and hug.

“ Where's Mommie and Momma?” Whitley questioned.

“ They are both going to be fine.” I said.

“ Mommie, is still unconscious. But she is fine. Her body just shut down to heal. I told them. “ Momma had to have surgery to stop some bleeding inside, but she will be fine too.”

“ How are the babies?” Riley asked.

“ They too are going to be fine. Your still going to be big sisters.” Greg said. That piece of news help their spirits. As they smiled at each other.

I knelt down to check Whitley's cast, making sure her circulation was good.

“ How is your leg and Arm feeling?” I asked.

“ feeling OK, Grandma. But it is starting to hurt a little since that stuff is wearing off.”

“ Mine too, Grandma.” Riley added.
A nurse had stopped by to check but waited until I was finished. Turning to her.
“ I'll put in an order for some Tylenol, we'll see how that helps. I really don't want to give them anything to strong.”

“ Yes, Dr.” She took off. As I entered the Tylenol order for both my Granddaughters.
The girls got their meds. They both fell asleep next to each other. While I checked on Kelsey and Brook. Kelsey had gotten a room up stairs. They where getting her moved. Brook was in recovery, then to a room next to Kelsey. Finally after making a few phone calls to our 6 girls and one to Brooks parents. We finally put our Granddaughters in the car and headed home. We took them to our house. Greg carried each one to Kalley and Kelsey's Old room. Riley was put in Kalley's bed and Whitley in Kelsey's. Instead of going to our room. We used Kennedy and Kendra's old room. Me and Greg fell asleep on Kendra's Bed. We wanted to be close to the girls. Smokes laid in the door way watching over the girls. It was about 4 am when we finally got to sleep.

I woke up when Greg got up. It was 9 am. While I used the bathroom, Greg checked on Whitley and Riley. Riley as awake but Whitley was still asleep.

“ Good Morning, Grandpa.” Riley said quietly.

“ Morning Honey. How are you feeling.”
As I walked in.

“ My arm still hurts.”

Sitting down on the bed. I took her left hand, It was nice and warm so no circulation problems.

“ Hi, Grandma, Grandpa.” I heard Whitley say.

“ Morning sleepy head. How are you feeling?”

“ It hurts, and I have to go potty.” Whitley said.

“ Grandpa, will you carry miss Whitley to the potty. I think She can take it from there. If you need any help just call. I will help.”

Greg picked up Whitley and carefully carried her into the bathroom. “Just call when you are done.” He said as he closed the door behind him.

“OK” We heard.

“ Grandma, I gotta go to, bad” Riley said.

“ OK,” I let her walk to Kendra and Kennedy's bathroom. I was their just in case. While she used the bathroom, I got both of them some Tylenol.
Once I got back. Both of our Granddaughters where in their mom and Aunts room.

“ Hey, Who's hungry?” I asked.
“ Me” They both said. I escorted Riley and Greg carried Whitley up to the kitchen.

“ So what do you two want?” I asked.

Riley piped up and said. “ Grandpa, can you make your famous pancakes?”

“Yeah.” Whitley agreed.

“ Well I don't know” Greg teased. But He saw the puppy dog eyes both the girls where giving him. “ OK, Grandpa's famous pan cakes coming right up.”

“ Hard to say no to those two beautiful young ladies.” I commented to Greg.

While Greg whipped up his pancakes I went to the office to call the hospital to check on Brook and Kelsey. Kelsey was still out. Brook was awake wanting to know about her wife and daughters. She has a little pain but has been taking Tylenol 3 for pain. I let the nurse know I would be there in about an hour. And tell Brook that Kelsey and Riley and Whitley where doing fine.

After a great meal of Greg's pancakes and a quick shower. I was out the door back to the hospital.

After checking both Kelsey and Brook's charts. I checked on Kelsey, everything was showing good on the monitors. I did a few checks on my own. Also fine. Next was Brook.

Knocking I went in to her room. Tom and Sally where their.

“ Amber, what happened?” Sally asked.

“ Brook. Kelsey and the girls got T-boned by a drunk idiot in a big dodge truck. We where about ½ mile behind so we where first on scene. Greg called 911 as I took care of everyone. Kelsey is still unconscious she is in the next room. Brook had internal bleeding and had emergency surgery. Whitley broke both her right leg and arm and Riley has a broken wrist and a concussion.”

“ Mom,” Brook called to me. “ Where are my girls?” she sounded scared.

Taking her hand. “ They are being spoiled rotten by their grandfather right now. They are both doing fine and at our house.”

“ OK,” She said seeming to calm down. I did a quick check of her. Everything was fine. Her bandage had just changed. She seemed to be doing alright. I stayed and visited her and her parents for a while. Being I only had two patients here, Brook and Kelsey. I had time to visit.

After about an hour and a half. I excused myself and went to Kelsey's room. Only to find both Kendra and Kennedy there.

“ Hi, Mom,” they both said quietly.

I just went and hugged them both. I had tears in my eyes just seeing my girls.

“Mom,” Kendra said. “ What's wrong?”

“ I'm just happy to see my girls.” I said.

“Mom, It's OK. Kelsey is going to be fine. We can feel it. Kind of a twins thing times two.”

I had to remember that they refer to themselves not as quads but as twins times two. And to think they are my girls.

We talked for a while, telling Kelsey we where here. Kennedy and Kendra left a little over an hour later. Next thing there is a knock on the door, It was Greg. He had brought the girls up to see Brook and Kelsey. We went to Brooks room to find both girls in bed with Brook one on each side of her. Just holding them, they where asleep. All three of them.

Me and Greg stepped out. I told him that Kennedy and Kendra where visiting their sister and what they said. Brook had a visit from Tom and Sally. Then we got a tap on the shoulder, It was Karla, Keely and Kalley. They went in to Kelsey's room with us. We sat and talked for a while also. Jeff and Mom and Dad showed up. Karla headed home as did Kalley. Jeff said that being that the truck that hit Kelsey and Brook was lifted it saved the frame. But the body was toast, thankfully there was a roll cage in the Crown Victoria as it probably save their lives. Jeff had taken almost 50 pictures of the damage.

He already sent them to Alan, their insurance agent. The car was insured for $125,000. Dad had already talked to Todd. He is filing a law suit against the driver first thing Monday morning. By 6 everybody had gone. Greg took our granddaughters home. I followed shortly after. Giving strict orders to notify me if anything changes with either Brook or Kelsey. I headed home for a little bit. I help both Whitley and Riley get washed up. I did get the, Grandma I am big enough to wash myself complaint from both of them. After the arguments which I won. I headed back to Botsford about 9. I did a check on both at 10 and 2 am. Everything was fine. Using the Doctors room I fell asleep about 2:15
It seemed like I have just fallen asleep.

“ Dr. Reid, Your daughter is awake come quickly.” One of the nurses burst in the door and told me. I was moving before my feet it the floor. I ran to Kelsey's room.

“ I will not ask again,” Kelsey saying coldly. “ Tell me where my wife and daughters are”

I heard a male gasp. “ Please, let me go.”

I swung the door open, I rushed into the room. Kelsey had the male nurse by the neck.

“Honey Let him go. I am here.” I said

Kelsey released him. He backed up coughing. Then left the room.

“ Kelsey, what was that about?” I said as I hugged her.

“ Mom, where is Brook and the girls? He wouldn't tell me. Where is my family?” Kelsey said.

“ Kelsey, Brook is OK as are the girls. Honey. Brook and the triplets are fine. Riley and Whitley are safe at our house.”
Kelsey calmed down a little.

“ Kelsey, Brook broke her right leg. She did have some internal bleeding, that has been taken care of. Whitney broke her left arm and left leg in two places. Riley has a broken wrist, and a skull fracture. Everybody is going to be alright. I'm afraid you got the worst of it. 4 broken ribs, a fractured clavicle, and a hair line fracture of your left leg. Thank god your car had that roll cage. That saved you all. Your car however is gone. We had it towed to Jeff's.”

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Something tells me

Samantha Heart's picture

1. Kelsey won't be happy thill her & Brook are in the same room, 2. She sees that the triplets are ok as well as the twins. 3. Sees her care & the driver who hit her pay dearly for neclence AND DWI. She may just help with his truck by taking that as partial payment for nearly killing them.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.