Cross Country Disconnect - 6 Homecoming is Upon Me

Printer-friendly version


Cross Country Disconnect - 6
Homecoming is Upon Me



By Jessica C


Gary opened his mouth and was challenged...
He saw no way of losing...
Gary’s Caryn from now until Homecoming…
Problems and a future…



=^_^=


Previously: Katie inserted, “Or if you’re the Homecoming Princess, which I think is a very good chance.”

“Sis don’t tease me like that, I’m still a guy.”

“Are you? I hope you will at least for this week have fun being the girl Caryn,” she replied.

The car was parked and turned off, and I didn’t mean to say it out loud, “I don’t think I could give up my boy parts.” Katie looked over and put her right hand on my hand.
“You probably already know that is not a requirement of being transgender. You’ve accepted being a girl weeks ago and it is becoming of you. Today you went to a women’s doctor and freely scheduled to go back.”

She added, “Do you know Cousin Megan is thinking of inviting you to be a bridesmaid next year?”

“No, I didn’t. But even if I did it would just be a matter of makeup and clothes.”

=^_^=


Once, we were in the house, Katie saw the reminder that Mom left. “I’ll be home shortly after six. Remember Lisa Camp, the physical Therapist, will be here sometime after five-thirty wear a robe with swimsuit bottom and a camisole or undershirt underneath. It would be nice if you had something she could eat and drink.”

I moaned and Katie laughed, “You’re getting some nice attention from some attractive women; Dr. Michele and Lisa Camp. I saw Dr. Watts got a rise out of you at her office. Drinking that cold drink and looking away as much as you did help.”

“Sis, that’s gross for you to say anything like that.”

Katie asked, “You wanted me to tell you why girls like to watch men play basketball?”

Smiling, Katie said, “Our excitement is a little bit harder to see. If Caryn would start dating you’d probably learn that. Maybe you’ll see it when you’re with Sarai.”

We sliced some cheese and got out mom’s crackers. I was heating the teapot and found different boxes of tea. Katie said they were for women. Then I went a found what I needed to change into. It was five-fifteen when I was back downstairs in a pink robe.

“Bro, you are a sight for sore eyes. No one is going to see a boy looking at you.”

It was later than expected when a car pulled into our driveway and Lisa Camp stepped out. When she went to the door behind the driver’s seat. Katie said, she must have a massage table or something, but it was a baby carrier that must have fastened into a safety seat. Katie said, “How can a woman that buff, have had a baby recently?”

No sooner were they inside and Lisa sprightly said, “I want you to meet Staci Lyn Camp; she is four months old tomorrow.” Lis turns to me, “Have you been bitten by the girl bug of liking to be around babies?” I was already leaning down cooing to Staci.

Lisa asked, “Caryn, please stand up and take off your robe so I can get a good look at you… Now tell me how you’ve been since yesterday?”

Katie chimed in, “Caryn saw a sports medicine doctor at the women’s clinic this afternoon and has been in a whirlpool.” Lisa looks at me and raises her hand toward my sister to stop her from answering.

“It was Dr. Michele Watts.” I could tell my Lisa’s expression she knew Dr. Watts and the clinic she was part of. I continued, “It is silly but I didn’t want to go to my regular doctor like this.”

Lisa said, “No, it was actually an excellent choice, and I understand.”

“Dr. Watts said, I didn’t break anything, but besides my thigh, I had bruised two ribs.”

She worked on stretching different muscles, tendons, and joints. “This girlfriend of yours must be doing something right. You’re in excellent shape. Your feet aren’t the rough, tough feet of most guys running cross country this late in the season.”

I say, “Sarai talked me into wearing two socks as well as running more relaxed, to enjoy myself. Hmm, she’s helped me to think through more things and be sensitive to others. Heck, I’ve discovered feelings I didn’t even know a guy could have.”

“But what good has it done me? I’m injured and going to miss much of my season!”

Lisa responded, “I don’t know, maybe the new you relaxed when Jackson went running up into the stands. If you had tensed up the injuries could have been worse. About your sensitive side, I wished my husband could relax and enjoy Staci more. He wanted a boy, I’m sure. The way you got close to Staci is what I’d like for him and her. I’m sure she’ll work her way into his heart, but it’s taking time.”

Lisa asked, “Are you able to use the whirlpool at school, it would be helpful.”

“My sister is going to take me back to the clinic tomorrow and Thursday mornings and I’ll see Dr. Watts again Monday.”

Lisa responds, “Wow, that sounds good, but your bet will be fulfilled come Friday and Saturday. Who is going to show up at the women’s clinic next Monday?”

Lisa was finished, and I needed to turn and hurridly fix my robe as I was getting excited. Responding to the question about the clinic I said, “I’m sure I could go as Gary, but I feel more comfortable there being Caryn. Hopefully, she’ll remember to fill out my release for Gary Miller and not Caryn.”

Lisa says, “But what if she doesn’t think you’re ready? I suspect at the least she would like a follow-up appointment.”

Caryn says, “I don’t know, I’d have to think of it then.”

Lisa was getting ready to leave as I slipped on a pair of running shorts and a clean top.

She had taken Staci Lyn out of her carrier as she needed a change of diapers. Katie handed me a plastic bag to give to Lisa for the diaper. Lisa handed little Staci to me as she took the plastic bag to find a place to dispose of it.

Lisa came back, “See even in Gary’s shorts and top you can keep that sensitivity.”

I said, “You have a knack, you help me feel good about myself.”

She said, “It is easy. Call it your sensitivity or the woman in you, I find that attractive. Don’t ever lose that even if it means dressing as a girl now and then.” She took her baby secured her in the carrier and was ready to leave, saying, I’ll see you tomorrow and the next day.”

Katie spoke up asking Lisa, “Would it be possible for you and your husband to have supper with us one of those nights?”

“I don’t know, I’ll have to see and then call back. I know my Brent, wouldn’t mind meeting boy wonder here. Brent’s a runner too.” Mom and dad were late in getting home and Lisa was well gone. She didn’t call back until 7:30 that evening.

=^_^=


Everyone seemed happy and relieved that I wasn’t going to run in the meet, even Coach Higgins.

Going to the clinic to use their whirlpool went well, Tuesday I was isolated from the women, but Thursday the partition was down at the women’s request. One was a high school cross-country runner, another was a volleyball player, and a third was a woman who wouldn’t say much about herself. The nice part for me was their acceptance. When it was time for me to get out, Mildred the older woman said, “you were just like another high school girl, and you stopped them from getting in their trash talk.”

At that point, Maddie spoke up, “Tess said, you must have lost part of your thing because we can’t see it.”

I said, “I’m not going to prove it, so think what you want. I thank you for showing your homecoming dress from last week.”

Maddie and Mildred both complimented my dress and were happy for me. The bruise on my thigh was fading.

I had jogged several blocks from school before Sarai picked me up and gave me a ride home. She said, “You know that you’re lucky that there wasn’t much of a breeze. How did that simple run feel?”

Thursday afternoon would be the last of my therapy treatments with Lisa. And tonight the Camps would be over for supper. Mom was making her fried chicken and stir-fried vegetables.

When Lisa heard that I slowly ran across the school grounds and another three blocks, she was impressed. “I’m happy for you. I’d say if tomorrow wasn’t the beginning of homecoming you could jog a mile if it felt okay?”

I asked, “Do you think I could try running our course around the golf course?” I noticed my Mom had stepped into the room; suspecting it was to hear Lisa’s answer.

She said, “I’m not one who can clear you to begin running. If it were a mild run, it would probably be a good measure of your ability to return to running. I would suggest you take extra time to warm up. And when you run, if you feel it tightening go back to walking and stop for the day.”

Lisa turned to my mom and asked, “Mrs. Miller, I’d like to check and massage a ligament at the top of Caryn's thigh, but it’s in a sensitive area. I would want your permission as well as hers and I would like you to stay if I do so?”

Mom said, ‘Yes’, and called out to Katie to watch the chicken.

With our permission, Lisa moved her hand up my leg and found a ligament that was tight and slightly turned. I couldn’t help but smile as it initially felt real nice. She warned me before it hurt. How nice it felt was amazing.

Mom said thanks to Lisa and complimented me for being a scout. Mom went back to the kitchen and it took another ten minutes before Lisa was through with me.

I went and took a short shower, I dressed casually as Caryn because Brent knew I was really a boy. I wanted to look competent enough that I might get to hold Staci and show my caring side. It was the last of my new outfits, a jean skirt and a blouse with a camisole underneath, and over my bra.

It was after 6:30 when Brent arrived and another fifteen minutes before we would eat. Once Brent was relaxed and comfortable he looked at me, kind of chuckled as he said, “Gary, I’m impressed. I’d never have done it, but I know you’re one of the good guys.” He smiled, “You also present well as a girl.”

I realized I recognized him from several meets and asked if that was him. “Your coach has me record times for the three-quarter mark of your run. I know Matt and Chuck some and have usually congratulated you on a good run. To be honest, early in the season, I thought you were not going to find your stride. You weren’t bad, just not as hoped for.”

I smiled back, “You could call it bad. The bet with Sarai was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. …When I first wore the running skirt to the next meet, I didn’t think I’d make the full three weeks. Actually, I was planning a way to screw it up. I was trying on something in a changing room; it was then I set my mind on completing my bet and make the most of it.”

Called for supper, it was a wonderful time. Near the end of the meal, Mom said, “Why don’t the two of you, go clean up and then put on one of your homecoming outfits. Then you can come down and show them to Lisa. I think she’d enjoy seeing what her daughter will look like in sixteen years.”

I said, “But I want time to hold Staci?”

Lisa said, “If you come first, I can comment on how you look, and then you can hold Staci if you dare.”

I was upstairs a full two minutes before Katie, I changed my panties and the bra before realizing they wouldn’t see them. Then a half slip and camisole before going into the bathroom to do my face. I didn’t have a vanity like Katie. I used the concealer on one blemish and then a light foundation and makeup.

Mom called up saying we didn’t need to do all our makeup, but I only had mascara and my lipstick before putting on my dress. I got the dress on but needed help in getting the back done up. I sent up a prayer and gave a quick thanks to Denise for helping me to find the dress. I slipped on three-inch heels and gingerly made my way down the stairs.

“Oh my Caryn, you look darling,” said Lisa. Mom came over and was filled with joy for me. Sarai will be delighted when she sees you… Did your Father tell you on Saturday night you get to use the good car to pick up your date and take her to the dance? That's what my father did.”

I was happy when the fuss over me was done. Mom put a kitchen smock over me to cover me as I held Staci. Lisa came over with a cloth diaper and Staci. “I was hoping you might give Staci a bottle of my breast milk. You can use the diaper to burp her if needed.”

I wanted to say no, but Lisa went back to see Katie. It felt awkward as a high school boy to hold a bottle of a woman’s breast milk. I had never given a bottle to a baby, She felt small and delicate, and I had no idea what she meant by, ‘I might need to burp her.’ Staci’s head was near the turn at my elbow and nervously I initially missed her mouth, Staci turned, found, and sucked on the nipple.

‘It hit me at that point that she was sucking through a nipple and drinking her mother’s milk as if Lisa was nursing her herself.’ My mom was near and said, “Now that she drinks half of it, put the diaper over your shoulder and burp her.”

My “What?” Was enough to get mom’s help as she directed me on how to hold the baby as I walked with her and the diaper on my shoulder. Mom commented on how gently I patted Staci. I was afraid of breaking or hurting her, but I relaxed with each comment and a little guidance.

I appreciated mom saying, “You’ll make a good dad someday.” Part of me wanted to say parent but I like the idea of being a sensitive man.

I walked to hand Staci back to Lisa, and Lisa was amused that I knew enough to smooth out my dress and to check I hadn’t hurt it any.

=^_^=


I was awake at 5:30 a.m. as I have a 6:30 salon appointment. I was both excited and scared as the day has arrived for homecoming to begin. Shel or Shelby welcomed me as her client. “It is nice to meet you, Caryn. I hope you are ready for an enjoyable experience. I think many at your school are waiting to see how beautiful you can be.”

I said, “I’m excited, but I’m getting scared!”

“That’s okay, I’m Shelby’ and as a hairstylist, I’m your priest, therapist, and here to help you.” She had a warm-hearted smile as she led me to her station. She said, “There are six of us and we’ll be busy now until six and each of you will get our best.”

“Can I have some extensions that would look like I’ve had some tinting to my hair?”

She said, “You must have said something to Sarai because she said to be ready for something like that.”

“We talked about getting our hair styled, but I said, ‘Highlights wouldn’t be good for Gary.’”

Shel said, “Well, you can take out the highlights later but you should at least leave them in for a week and a couple of shampoos at least.” I agreed I could do that and the highlights went in. I liked all the personal attention I was getting and my conversations with Shel and with Sarai from time to time. I could see Sarai’s reflection in the mirror some two chairs away. She smiled when she saw the highlights going in my hair.

Shel cut and combed my hair for the style I had chosen. She sprayed my hair again as she cut and rolled sections to be pinned up or put into curlers.

I had a good start when my sister Katie came in for her appointment. I was set back when her beautician Michelle said, “Hi Kathryn.” That name was usually used by my parents when she was in trouble. Now I was learning Katie was using it more where she wanted to be able to use her proper name.

I was ready to go under the hairdryer when my sister remarked, “So you got Mom’s permission for Caryn to stay around a little longer.”

“No, but I don’t think I’ll mind it. Anyway, Cousin Megan won’t be here until next Thursday. It seems there’s always another reason to keep glimpses of Caryn around,” I said. “It should be interesting to see how I look, don’t you think?”

Under the dryer, the outside world was muffled and I could hear myself think. That was when Mylee came to prepare my nails. She smiled, “Good girly boy, takes good care of her nails.”

I didn’t like the ‘girly boy’ tag but she said it was good, “Girly boys in my parents country are treated with respect; it’s considered an honor; they take pride in themselves. You must agree regular men can be loud mouth pigs. Thankfully, you’re not like that.”

Shelby came and checked on me and the second time she turned off the dryer. Mylee came with us to finish preparing my nails. Shel told me, “Sarai picked your nail color, so you two look good together. It will go beautifully with your dress and makeup as well.”

I was back to Shelby’s chair, and asked, “Yes Sarai told me; did you and Mi talk about my colors, dress, and makeup?”

Shelby giggled, “You don’t think we do things by chance, do you? We talked with Sarai, saw swatches from your gown and hers.”

“I’m learning that there’s a lot more to being Caryn than I thought.”

Sarai’s sister Rachel came up from behind me saying, “With the help of your friends, you seem to be doing quite well and are enjoying this experience. I hope you were called a girly boy by Mi, but for her, it was out of respect. You are unique for not seeing yourself as being transgender.”

I was closely watching Shelby as the pins and curlers came out and my hairstyle was taking shape. It was exciting and alarming that I could look so girl-like. When I remarked about that, Shel giggled again, “Yes, Sarai must be very comfortable with herself to allow her date to be so attractive.”

I said, “What’s funny is having a date with Sarai is her gift to me.”

Sarai heard her name mentioned and spoke up, “I heard my name, what are you talking about.”

Shel looked to me as if asking if it would be okay to expand our conversation. I spoke instead, “Caryn just shared this would be her first date.”

Sarai asks, “Did you tell Shelby you have a good chance of becoming our homecoming queen?”

I said, “Because I don’t want to be a princess!”

Shelby chimed in, “Well your hairstyle will look very good with a tiara in it.” Shel said my hair was done except for the final combing out after my makeup and nails were done.

My nails at first looked plain white, a color I wouldn’t have chosen. Then Mi added light blue and then coral pink lines slanting across my nails. I became concerned as I was looking like a real girl. I liked the feeling of seeing my nails and my reflection in the large mirror in front of us. I just wasn’t ready for others to see me as such. That Mi could do that as quickly and as perfectly as she did amaze me.

Sarai would have been finished before me if she hadn’t kept coming to check on me. “Wow, Caryn look how wonderful your hair, complexion, and nails are!”

I said, “You mean my makeup?”

She replies, “Yes, but that’s only because of how wonderful you’ve taken care of your skin and complexion. Your hair would not have looked anywhere as this nice three weeks ago. Please, you must see that too.”

Without thinking, I said, “Three weeks ago I wasn’t a girl. …I mean, I wouldn’t have been seen as a girl!”

Katie was there and responded, “Both are true, you now not only look like a girl but today and tomorrow at least you are a girl. I’m loving having you as my sister.”

A tear came to my eye, and Shelby says, “Let me show you how to get that tear with a tissue so you don’t damage your makeup.” She wraps the tissue into a small point and has me watch her closely. I quickly smiled and my tear was gone with no damage.

When Shelby did the last combing some of my hair looked like the delicate feathering I admired with Sarai and other girls’ fine hair.

Shel asked, “Caryn do you have a dainty handkerchief for such occasions?” I shook my head no, and then she said, “You do now.” She gave me a lace handkerchief wrapped in clear cellophane.

I felt a tear coming but was able to keep it at bay. I said, “You are spoiling me, but thank you.”

It was just after eight when I was done. I paid for my salon appointment with my Mom’s card, and the cash for the tip was all mine, and Shel and Mi both said I was more than generous.

Mom was right, as my bet has cost me, besides what Mom spent, some $300 so far, before the flowers and the special gift that I have for Sarai. But she and I felt it was well worth it. That I had come out of my shell socially, that I had been excelling at running again, but most of all everyone thought I had learned to hold my mouth and rash thoughts.

=^_^=


Mom was waiting for me when I emerged out of the Jubilee Salon. Mom took me to a drive-through to get a breakfast sandwich and drink. Mom said, “I don’t mean to offend you, but you look darling.”

“Thanks, Mom, I feel fantastic. I don’t want to jinx myself but I feel like a princess.”

Mom giggled, “You know there are worst things than being a crown princess.”

I said, “Name one?”

“They could crown a prince that you’d have to kiss.” There was none, but yes that would be worse.

Mom asked, “What are you going to do when your good friend Jonathan or other boys asks for a dance?”

I actually had a dream or nightmare that had happened. Maybe Katie had told Mom. “I’ll politely say, No.”

Mom said, “Many girls have had someone ask them that they didn’t want to dance with. The polite thing to do would be to dance with them.”

“Mom that was back in the 20th century, not now. Girls say yes when they want, and an emphatic ‘No!’ when they don’t.”

We were soon enough home and the discussion now was about getting my lace dress on and getting to school. If I had any sense of being Gary it vanished as Mom and Aunt Mary helped me put the dress on. The skirt portion had a satin slip, and my arms tingled as the lace sleeves came up and mom drew the dress closed as she button upped the back. With my silken feet going into three-inch heels I felt like a princess as I twirled in place.

Aunt Mary laughed, “Where did my nephew Gary get lost too? I don’t think my Dawn was anymore joyful than you are now.”

I was off to school, as Katie was coming back from the salon. Most senior girls were allowed to come to school late. I had one of the lone exceptions with Sarai. She was giving me a ride to school. She knew I was nervous about how I was presenting myself and being a ‘princess’ candidate. The day was to have some hard times, and seeing Sarai and not able to kiss her was one of the hardest. Sarai gracefully handled an air-kiss and touching my cheek with a flower, without having makeup wipe off.

=^_^=


There would be an assembly at 11:00 to introduce the Princess Contestants, the King Candidates as well as those vying for Queen. Then there be a parade with float fancy cars; for the smaller sports like volleyball, cross-country, and soccer teams there was one float, while the football players rode on several of the firetrucks.

Sarai and I would have ridden with the soccer team but we were in the Queen and Princess Courts respectively. Jenny, Grace, and I, princess nominees talked, complimenting each other on our dresses and hair.

Grace was the one who broke the ice about me possibly being selected at the Homecoming Princess. “You know in some ways you could be the best selection. You’re attractive, soft-spoken, and have become very popular recently. You have brought good publicity to the school and the cross-country program.”

We all shared many of the same classes for years. It felt funny talking about our dresses and salon visits. Jenny was the first to comment on how tight her shapewear was. When Grace agreed that it was different; they both turned to look at me. They knew I was royally embarrassed caught wearing something. They let me be nervous for s short time. Jenny broke the silence, “Well you should be wearing something it's part of your girl experience.” She, Grace and finally I giggled.

The presentation of the Queens was fashionably late, as some of the girls were late in arriving, thinking time requirements were for everyone else. Grace moaned, “Too bad that Sarai isn’t a cheerleader or basketball player as they are usually the most popular and likely to be Queen.”

=^_^=


I found it fun sitting on a float and waving at the school and townspeople watching the homecoming parade. I knew many of the people. The boys were whistling and some even called my name, Caryn. Most of what they said was good-hearted. I was told at the end of the parade that I won an informal pole for ‘the best hand wave of a girl riding on a float.’

When we got back to school Katie was there and had her hair and makeup done, but otherwise, she was in nice school clothes, not her homecoming dress. Mom had a hanger with one of my outfits. I said, “What’s this with Katie in school clothes and you having one of my outfits?”

Mom said, “Didn’t you read the instructions encouraging you to change so you didn’t spoil your dress for the festivities at the game?”

Katie says, “You’ll pit out your dress if you wear it until after the game.”

“Mom,” I said, “I’m a guy, we don’t read instructions.”

She said, “If you have any idea of going on being a girl, you better learn.”

I paused, wondering if I misheard my Mom, but looking at Katie’s frozen stare I was sure I hadn’t. I asked, “Mom what did you just say to me?”

She hadn’t intended to say out loud, and responded, “Disregard whatever you thought I said. I thought you did quite well in the parade. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re elected Princess. You are in my book.”

We had to use the nurse’s extra cubical for me to change and make sure the curtain was fully closed as I changed.

I had three more classes, and like me most students were too distracted to learn much. I saw Sarai only once in passing and then finally at the end of the school day.

=^_^=


I had a small snack of half a sandwich, celery sticks, and a small glass of 7-up before I got dressed for the ceremonies and game. I was feeling good as I knew how to get on my dress, refresh my makeup, and use a styling brush on my hair. ‘Okay it was with either Katie or Mom watching me, but I felt reasonably comfortable that I could do it on my own.

All the candidates were taken around the field before the football game. We ended up in front of the home crowd stands where the various winners were named. I was now happy that I was nominated but wasn’t going to be disappointed when I lost.

They announce three girls as runners-up and it was between Jenny and me. “First Runner-up is Jennifer Thomas and Princess for Del High Ms. Caryn Miller.” When the other princesses surrounded me and hugged me, I was overwhelmed by joy and excitement. Liking it totally surprised me.

Mitch Heartfelt was announced as King. To my dismay, Sarai was named second runner-up, and Mikaya was named the Queen over the Cheerleader captain. That at least made me feel a little better.

I heard Grace say, “There’s a good chance Sarai would have won as queen if Caryn wasn’t nominated and elected.” That made me an awfully sad Princess until Sarai came over and admonished me.

“You know that you need to relax and enjoy being the Princess. It isn’t like they have the chance to elect you as Queen next year. I think Jennifer in the long run will appreciate being Queen more.” She changes the thought and asked, “If you give me your lace hanky, I will win the race for you tomorrow. Then I’ll drive you wild with passion.”

“Oouu, this damsel might faint from that much emotion.”

Since there was no prince, Mikaya granted Sarai the joy of sitting with me. Come halftime. I along with the King and Queen were crowned. Mitch was quickly interviewed, while more interest was shown in getting pictures and interviewing Mikaya and then me.

I was disappointed as Sarai and the rest of the runners had to leave at halftime to meet Coach Higgins’ curfew.

Our football team did not play terribly well but they won the game. Sports newscaster Burrows said their goal was achieved. He told me that they were lucky I wasn’t running as we would be taking their limelight.

It would be lost to them anyway as Chuck was running well again and Rodney, Silas, and Ben would run well enough to claim first as a team with Matt being the fastest guy.

True to her word Sarai wore my lace hanky pinned to her shirt and she ran. She and I hugged and kissed upon her breaking her best time. She had been in danger of coming in second, but my sister, Ashely, and I became her ‘spirit team.’ I was so proud of being her girl at that moment.

I gave her a big hug to let her know I loved her and was happy knowing how much winning the homecoming race meant. “You moved your ass,” I whispered, “no one is more impressed than me.” Yes, there was one happier than I was and that was Sarai herself. She said back, “Relax and enjoy, tonight we get to enjoy!”

Even wearing two heels, my legs tired walking over the uneven ground. I did better in running a meet, than these heels on the grassy ground there.

I needed a bubble bath and a nap before the evening. Katie and I were thinking the same thing as we got home and she convinced me to put on one of her swimsuits and we got into our large hot tub. We had turned the heat down as we didn’t want the humidity ruining our hair. Once again I found myself feeling like a sister as we talked. She was concerned for her sister as she had seen boys watching me. I discounted the idea but she had some pictures. One even showed me smiling back at Blake.

I hadn’t known Katie was watching, but I remembered seeing Blake a runner from a neighboring school. And yes, I was amused that boys like Blake took an interest in me. He was after all a good-looking guy.

Yesterday and today, mom had insisted I wear a gaff so that I did not embarrass myself nor Sarai and others.

=^_^=


I had our good car and would be driving Sarai and me to the dance and afterward. I had practice driving in a skirt and shorter heels on Thursday. This evening was with my coral pink dress and three-inch heels. The safety-belt crossed my heart like my bra and I was dutifully amused. It made turning to either side more work.

When I got to the Duvall house Mrs. Duvall welcomed me with a warm smile. Once inside she spoke, “Caryn, I am surprised by how pleased I am that you two make such a beautiful couple. I never imagined my daughters taking interest in another girl. I know deep down you are a boy, but your appearance and how Sarai sees you tonight is precious. I hope you will both enjoy the dance.

Sarai’s sister Rachel announced her sister at the top of the stairway. One she was beautiful; I was also taken with how easy it was for her to walk down the stairs and appear so graceful.

“Caryn, you did such a beautiful job with your makeup and hair tonight.” She gave me a hug and a light kiss on my cheek. How she did it without leaving a trace of lipstick I didn’t know. Seeing our two hands holding one another, one would have thought we were two girls. Pictures were taken with the Duvall’s phone, Sarai’s and mine. I was not the barely passable girl of three weeks earlier. Rachel had taken a video, and even my voice was much better now.

Rachel giggled, “How does it feel to be going on a date with my sister?”

I first moved to give Sarai her corsage, and I was asked to pin it on her as her mom took a picture. Sarai thanked me with another kiss and then turned away from me. “Here Caryn, I have one for you.” It was a beautiful corsage with a beautiful bouquet to it. I watched the beautiful expressions on her face as she pinned on my corsage. “You know Caryn there is no one quite like you; you are the love of my life.”

When we left the Duvall home, we would have been early to the dance, but Sarai insisted we start. Once we were pulling away she asked, “Do you know where Haley Schmidt lives over on Maple? We need to go there first, Haley and Jan are going to the dance with us.” Sarai explained that she was more comfortable going with another two girls.

Haley asked to visit with me alone, so we went and talked in her bedroom. Haley asked me how I was feeling and without another thought, I said, “I feel bad as the Princess; I felt I took away the possibility for Sarai to be queen.”

Haley said, “Don’t feel so bad. When you began turning into a girl more Sarai talked with us knowing there might be other implications. She has fallen for you as Caryn. I hope you are comfortable with that.”

We visited another thirty minutes about more intimate things between Sarai and me. I was becoming relaxed with my new understanding as we left. Jan and Haley would be with others at the end of the evening.

When we got to the dance we were quickly joined by Mandi, Patricia, Debbie,
Ashley Nolan, Brenda Leih, and several of their dates. It was amazing to me to be part of such a group. I had been a loner or had one friend if I went to an event. The girls, we made a fuss over one another’s dresses, makeup, and hair. Two of the guys already showed where their heads were as they had tented.

Wearing the tiara, I received some compliments. There was a time when the King and Queen had to dance and then sit on their thrones. I was able to choose my dance partner. Some thought it was bad that I chose Sarai, but that soon gave way to our supporters and well wishes saying it was time for the school to move forward.

We were able to walk out to the patio and find a place to be alone. We hugged and giggled as our breasts rubbed against the other. I knew Sarai felt more; I felt it a prelude waiting for after the dance. School dances would last until 10:30 at best.

Mom gave me until 1:00 a.m. to be out with Sarai. Was Mom inviting me to explore my feelings? Was it to be as Caryn, or for Gary to feel his juices… ?

Story to be continued...

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope Carin

Samantha Heart's picture

Treats Saria with the respect she deserves. As its homecoming not too much happens unlike prom....

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Looks like Mom kinda wants

Rose's picture

Looks like Mom kinda wants Caryn to stay around.

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary

Caryn or Gary

Jamie Lee's picture

Gary is doing better through all this than many may have felt he would. But why have many taken better to Caryn than Gary? Why couldn't they have accepted Gary as he was, even with his shyness and socially isolated? Why did it take his losing a bet before he started being accepted?

Gary didn't need to wear the girls' uniform while he ran for Sarai to help him relax as he ran. So why the change of uniform? Because he lost the bet?

Did they accept him better because he kept his word and accepted the consequences without trying to get out of it? Or because Caryn was now present and not Gary?

Everyone, without exception, accepted what Gary was doing? Why? Same reason as the girls or some other reason? And where were those who were upset when Caryn was crowned Princess? Where were the guys who wanted to teach Gary a lesson because he dared to show up at the Homecoming dance presenting as a girl?

Katie wants Caryn to stay, as she wants a big sister. Mom has let slip she too wants Caryn to stay around, but tried to dismiss the thought. Why? Gary has learned things most boys would never learn, or have the courage to try and learn. So why not let Gary be Gary with new knowledge?

Unless Gary wants Caryn to stay?

Others have feelings too.

Gary / Caryn

Currently, I'm pegging him as a potential lifestyle crossdresser - he still identifies as male, but he's enjoying his Caryn persona and given a free reign (without worrying about whether it's "wrong" to dress en-femme) would likely spend a significant proportion of free time as Caryn, although presenting as Gary during school and cross country meets.

As for the reactions of others, while Gary is freely crossing back and forth across the gender divide, it still exists in the minds of others, so the girls find it easier to accept him into their friendship groups and talk candidly if he presents as female, while the boys find it easier if he presents as male. However, there is the potential for an androgynous middle ground, such as when he was racing as a boy (albeit wearing a skirt), but the girls took him under their wing on the journey back.

Complicating things is his own biology - not entering puberty yet but developing gynecomastia.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!