Pete's Vagina -43.2- Chalk Marks

Printer-friendly version

“Pete, Petey, Pete,” she whispered. “What we have, who we are, what we do in this world...

PV1-cov-001_2.jpg
Pete's Vagina
43.2 - Chalk Marks
by Erin Halfelven

Joanna started chasing everyone out, telling them, “I want to lock all the doors and bar the windows against Bev coming back with her little friends.” The cops put in an appearance, but Mr. Linklater, being a mover and shaker in the community, they were willing to take Joanna’s recommendation that she come down on Monday and make a statement.

When the cops had gone, everyone else said goodbyes and left, too. The party had ended, and with some surprise, we noticed that it was nearly midnight.

I found a phone and used it to tell my folks that I’d be staying at Chez Linklater, which I had done before. Most recently, on the night this had all started.

“Is Megan with you?” Mom wanted to know.

“Yeah,” I said. “She’s on another phone talking to her mother.”

Mom laughed at that. “Bring her by for breakfast tomorrow, and she can go to church with us?”

“She’s Catholic, Mom,” I protested. “But I’ll suggest it to her.”

“We don’t have to tell anyone,” Mom answered, and I laughed. Friendly is a hotbed of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), but our church was mainline Protestant. The line about not telling anyone was a family joke.

*

Megan and I ended up in one of the bedrooms upstairs.

It was cold, and we were both wearing shortie pajamas loaned to us by Joanna. Mine were gold and green, and Megan’s, powder blue with white trim. After we climbed into bed, we got naked under the covers again, tossing the PJs onto the floor.

“Can we just hold each other?” I asked, crawling across the queen-size bed.

“Sure,” Megan agreed and glommed onto me with arms that were pretty much as strong as my own.

I had to laugh, hugging her back. We kissed and cuddled for several minutes, something like our behavior in bed on previous occasions, but perhaps missing an element. This felt more like affection and less like passion, and somehow that was okay.

“You’re not mad?” I asked while nibbling on an ear lobe.

She giggled against my neck. “About what?”

“Uh?” I tried to articulate, but she had seized my shoulder in her teeth and pretended to gnaw on my clavicle. It felt silly and sweet. “Maybe I forget?” I ventured.

“Forget what?” she murmured. Then pulled back a little to peer at me through her messy curls.

“Exactly,” I said, and we both laughed, face to face, almost eyeball to eyeball, with our chests, and breasts, pressed against each other.

“My-uh-my-uh, date?” I almost gasped as she changed focus, one hand on a nipple and the other burrowing under me, between my thighs.

“With Lee?’ she whispered.

“Um, yeah?” I grunted.

We didn’t say anything for a while, both concentrating on not thinking. Her skin felt slippery as I lowered my mouth to her breast while her fingers found something to play with—down there.

After a bit, we both gasped, almost simultaneously. It felt good, and we lay in each other’s arms together for several minutes.

“Uh,” I said to her.

“Uh?” she replied.

“About..?”

“Oh,” she murmured. “Have fun,” she added with a giggle.

“With Lee?” I had to know if she meant that.

“Pete, Petey, Pete,” she whispered. “What we have, who we are, what we do in this world, was never meant to be forever.”

I sighed. “I will love you always,” I promised.

I felt her nod against my back. “And I will you,” she said softly. “Just probably not like this again.”

I cried while she held me. Then we kissed again and fell asleep, still cuddled together.


Read the next chapter on Patreon!

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sweet, of course . . .

Emma Anne Tate's picture

. . . But I’m still crying. Pete had no choice in any of this, and s/he’s managed remarkably well. Even beginning to appreciate the things she gained, rather than simply dwelling on the things she lost. But there’s no sugar-coating this loss. Megan is pure gold.

Emma

Sometimes...

erin's picture

...love means you have to let go.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I cried while she held me.

aww. I was hoping they would remain a couple.

DogSig.png

People kept telling me that

erin's picture

But I've been consciously telegraphing the breakup from the beginning. I think that's part of the reason I kept getting the message that people wanted them to stay together. Dramatically, narratively, that would not feel the same to me. Not as powerful.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Telegraphing

Emma Anne Tate's picture

You have definitely been very clear, Erin. And I even agree with what you are saying about the narrative arc of the story. Just think of it as a tribute to what a great character you created in Megan. If we identify with Pete at all— and why wouldn’t we? Great person, male or female — this chapter would have to hurt. Speaking just for myself, I’m crying with Pete, not yelling at you. ;-)

Emma

That one tied my stomach in a knot!

I saw the hints but sort of ignored them, maybe I was in denial. I exited a relationship in a very similar way once upon a time. Another time it was proclaimed to me "That was your goodbye fuck". Such is life, you lick your wounds and move on though that ending scratched at a couple of old ones. Keep the episodes coming. I love your writing style.

Cindy.

Cindy Jenkins

Thanks

erin's picture

I'm glad to have touched someone with my story.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I feel bad for Pete because

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

I feel bad for Pete because any feelings s/he has for guys isn't real it seems to me as it is only cause of the magic that turned him into a girl which i still dont fully understand. Like does any guy who has sex with Megan turn into a girl? Cause if so thats gonna suck for her. If she never had sex with Megan she'd still be a guy and they'd have strong feelings for each other.

I guess for me I was hoping either they'd still want to stay together or maybe something could reverse what happened to Pete and they remain a couple. Like what if something like the movie Zerophilia happens where Megan becomes a guy and when they have sex they always switch genders so male Pete with female Megan and after sex female Pete with male Megan and then so on.

Sometimes

erin's picture

Sometimes there are no explanations. Sometime people break up who seemed ideal for each other. Pete's story is of someone discovering themselves. It's not all gong to be good.

Thanks for caring and commenting.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.