Aftermath 20

Printer-friendly version

/>

Aftermath part 20

“Mom, you know perfectly well what I am talking about. You said he's a waitress and She has amazing green eyes. Waitress is a girl. Come on mom. Fess up.”

“OK, Let me make some coffee. I need a cup. Would you like some?”

“Sure.”

“Have a seat in the living room. We'll talk.”

While Zoey sat in her normal chair, I made some coffee. The coffee was ready quickly. I poured it into our coffee cups. Fixing them as we normally take them.
I carried them out, I handed one to Zoey. Then curled up with mine in my normal chair.

Zoey took a sip, placing it on the side table. She slid to the end of her chair. “OK, I'm ready?”

Taking a drink of my coffee, I took a breath. Then spilled it. Everything, from the swim to seeing her at Shanties, to what she told me. Not leaving out any details. Once I finished I drank my coffee. Watching Zoey, who just sat there. Of course it looked like she was thinking.

She also took a drink, Sitting back in her chair. Taking a breath she started. “Wow, Mom. That is pretty weird. So how do you feel about her?”

“I do feel an attraction. That is no doubt.”

“Would you be alright being seen with her on the street. Maybe holding hands or kissing her.”

“I am OK with you and Brittany, doing it.”

“That is not the question, I was meaning you. Being you are a squadron commander, a colonel. In the Air Force. The military isn't known for its LGBT acceptance.”

“Honey, The attraction is almost what I felt for Daddy. It was something that just clicked for us. It seemed to do the same as I talked with her. As for work, Zoey remember that Daddy was a Msgt. Having a romantic relationship with enlisted is a big no no for an officer. We didn't care. Why should I care in this instance.”

“Mom, I never knew that it was against the rules for an enlisted person to marry an Officer.”

“Yep, sure is.” I nodded. “We didn't worry about it. Me and your father decided that if it became an issue. He would just retire.”

“Wow,” Zoey exclaimed.

“So I don't see that this situation makes a bit of difference. If push comes to shove. I can just retire too.”

“You would do that?”

“In a heartbeat.”

“OK, So when am I going to be able to meet Ashlee.”

“Well Tuesday we have a coffee date. Maybe I can change it to have it here, instead.”

“If you like.”

“I'll see.”

We began talking about what we needed to do on the Explorer to get it ready for the Ultimate Adventure.

After discussing it for a bit,

Zoey asked, “So if it gets serious between you and Ashlee. Are you going to want her to go with you instead of me.”

“Zoey Marissa West. You are my co-pilot, WE have been wanting to do this for how long. No, my dear daughter, you are going to attend it with me.”

She smiled, “We do make a good team, Don't we”

“That we do, honey.”

Zoey had made us another cup of coffee. We watched some TV. I decided that blues would be better for tomorrows meeting with the General. So before I went to bed I broke them out of hibernation. Now the decision slacks or a skirt. I opted for the skirt. I slipped out of my clothes and pulled out a pair of panties. Slipping them on, I slipped on my skirt next. I checked myself in the mirror. The skirt still fit nice but I did look comical with my military skirt on with my bikini top.

Changing my bikini top for a standard boring bra. I slipped on my blouse. Seeing my ribbons made me smile. I then slipped on my blazer. It fit a little loose but was OK. My buttons, collar brass, and command pilot wings were bright and shiny. Everything fit rather nicely. I knew that I had garter and stockings and my low quarters just needed dusting off.

I headed to bed early. I had a big day tomorrow.

Slipping into my Pjs I snuggled under my covers. I was out fairly quick.

I had set my alarm for my normal time, 6am. One because I need to get back into my morning routine. I got up put on my PT cloths. Once I left my room, I heard the sound of joy. The timer had turned on the coffee pot. Music to my ears. But after.

Stretching out, I headed out on my run. It was a beautiful morning. I had worn my usual yoga style pants in Air Force blue. With Air Force down each leg. And a Air Force white tank top.

I was glad I had a body that looked good in Yoga pants. That is why I am out running, to keep my body. It usually takes me about half hour to circle our sub division at a casual pace. This morning was no exception.

Once home, I hopped in the shower. It felt nice and relaxing under the warm water. I took care of all my normal stuff, shaving,washing my hair. I remember when I had longer hair. I went to the Air Force Academy and since I have kept my hair at regulation.

Drying myself, my bathroom mirror showed a pretty lady. me. I threw on my bathrobe and got my first cup of coffee. Sitting on the back porch. I slowly enjoyed my coffee. A gentle breeze blew open my rob twice. Luckily no one was walking on the beach or they would have gotten a show. I didn't bother putting on anything under it. I am such a bad girl.

Once the coffee was gone and our grandfather clock struck 8. I went to get dressed. My standard uniform. I slipped on a pair of blue satin panties with a matching bra and garter belt. I rolled my stocking up my legs. Attaching them to the garters. I slipped my skirt on. My regulation blue blouse covered my blue bra. I made sure everything was proper. My colonels Eagles were straight. The same with my blazer. Everything was perfect. Slipping on my low quarters. I dusted them off. I went into the living room. I relaxed some, I was truly nervous. I was getting my own command. Means a lot of responsibility.

My phone went off that I had a text. Pulling it out of my pocket. It was from Cassie, “Good Luck, Brie.” Then another from Whitney. Saying the same thing. Just as I was putting on my boots. It went off again.

It was a message from Ashlee. “Good luck, Sweetie.”

I smiled at that. I sent back the idea of having coffee here. So she could meet Zoey.

A smiley face message was returned. I texted her our address. Ending with a couple hearts. She sent back a blushing face and a face with hearts all around it.

I finished putting on my shoes. I grabbed my purse, and my soft cap. I headed to base.

Pulling up to the gate, showing my ID. After being waved onto base. Instead of normally going to either the 4th Squadron building or to the hanger where my plane is kept. I headed to the base command building. Where I will meet with General.

Of course I parked in a Colonel only spot. Getting out I placed my soft cap on my head. Heading to the door. I saluted a couple of enlisted guys leaving. As always my salutes where crisp and proper.

Once inside I removed my cover. I made a bee line to the Generals office. As I reached the door, I checked my watch. 5 minutes till 10. perfect timing.

Thinking, 'it is just a normal visit. Nothing to worry about.' I opened the door.

“Good Morning Colonel. How may I help you.” Asked the civilian secretary.

“Colonel West, I have a 1000 appointment with General Parker.”

“Just a moment, Col.” She picked up the phone. “ General, Colonel West is here.”

“OK, I sure will.” She hung up the phone.

“Col the General will see you know.” She stood and showed me to the General office. “right in here.”

I thanked her. As I stepped in. I marched straight to the generals desk. Standing at attention,

I saluted and reported. “Colonel West reporting as ordered, sir.” I held my salute.

He saluted back. “At ease, Col West.”

Dropping my salute, I went to parade rest.

“For gods sake, Col relax. Have a seat.” The general said. Motioning to one of the chairs in front of his desk.

“Thank you, Sir.” I sat down but kept my military posture.

“Well, Colonel West.” The General started. “As I told you during our conversation on Saturday. Col Abernathy is retiring.”

“Yes. General.”

“I have watched you for sometime. You are an exemplary pilot. All your evaluations have been outstanding, Your flight team holds you in high regards. Your mission record speaks for itself.

“Thank you, Sir. I always do my best.”

“That is what I have heard. I even talked to your Dr. Colonel Hart. She told me you pushed yourself to get out of the hospital as soon as possible. Even with your medical problem.

“I hope that is doesn't create an issue. Sir.”

“It can, Dr. Hart being that she is also the flight surgeon. She has cleared you to return to flight status. With that happening. I believe that if you are fit to fly, you can take command of the 4th Special Operations Squadron. That is if you are willing to get more ground hours than flight hours.”

“General, I have thought long and hard. I am willing to take command of the 4th. My daughter is growing up. This gives me the opportunity to be there, to see it.”

“Congratulations. Colonel West you are the new commander of the 4th SOS.”

He stood and offered his hand. I also stood, shaking his hand. Then gave him a crisp Salute. Only dropping it after he returned the salute.”

“To tell the truth, Colonel.” The General started. “I pretty much knew you where the person to take command. Everything is all set. You can take over today, if you like. The change of command ceremony will be on 26 July at 1000.”

“I appreciate it, Sir. I will head straight there. As soon as we are done.”

“Well, Colonel West. You are dismissed. I shall visit you later this week to see how things are going.”

I saluted, after the general returned it. I did a proper about face and marched to the door. I let myself out.

“Congratulations, Col. West.”

“Thank you, Ma'am.” I said to the secretary.

I marched out to the truck. Once it was started. I just relaxed. “Holey shit. I am the commander of the 4th. I have my own squadron.” I said aloud.

I drove the 3 miles to my squadron. As I pulled into the parking lot. The parking space for the Commander already had Col. West. Marked on the sign. Pulling my truck in.

Taking a couple of deep breaths to try and calm down. I headed in. Nothing was different. Except instead of heading to the pilots lounge. I had my own office.

I walked into the commanders office. The secretary looked up.

“Good Morning, Ma'am. How ma......” she must have seen my name tag.

“Good Morning, Colonel West. Welcome to the 4th SOS. Let me show you to your office.”

“Thank you.”

I noticed a Major in a side office, Get up. He walked up to me, and saluted.

“Major Higgins, I am your vice commander. Ma'am.”

Returning the salute, “At ease, Major. I'm sure we will talk later.”

“Yes, Ma'am” He returned to his office.

“This way, Colonel. I am Marcy Young. Your secretary.”

We shook hands, “ Nice meeting you, Marcy.”

“Here is your office, It's yours now make yourself comfy” Marcy opened the door. She handed me some keys. “Both doors are keyed the same. If you need anything let me know. Just dial 238.”

“I will, thank you Marcy.”

“My pleasure, Ma'am.” She returned to her desk.

I walked into my office. It was fairly large. By the back wall. Was my desk. A nice wooden one. 2 chairs in front. To the left was a couch. With a coffee table in front. Two other chairs were across from the couch. There was a filing cabinet to the left of my desk on the back wall. Of course the decorations where standard military style. However. A huge picture of the nose of a hurky gunship was behind my desk. Other AC-130 pictures were on the walls.

AC130
All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

AttachmentSize
Image icon AC-13090.95 KB
up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Now she has a command position

Samantha Heart's picture

Now she is head of the squadron & in love with a trans woman. So now ahes in command i guess she better atart getting aquanted with her staff, and crew members of the squadron. Start with a personal review by going over service records.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

View from the mountain top so much different

Jamie Lee's picture

Zoey is one persistent cuss, almost like a dog after a jucie bone. Once hearing about her mom and Ashlee, she just took it in stride.

After meeting with the General, Brie was acting like a little girl who just got her dream doll. While she's excited right now, she'll soon find that being in her current position might be worse than being up in the air.

At least up in the air she'd have a chance to avoid incoming flack.

Others have feelings too.