My Obsession, Part 28 of 29

Printer-friendly version
Glasses.jpg

Photo by Wilson Vitorino from Pexels
 

Part 28 of 29

Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Even though he officially retired some years ago, Grandpa is still a force to be reckoned with at the library. If he needs the community room on New Year's Eve then naturally he gets the community room on New Year's Eve even if the place is shuttered tight. He says he knows just where all the bodies are buried and there's no budget for re-interring them so they just have to let him do what he wants.

Like get married at 11:59 on New Year's Eve. He said he's always wanted to thumb his nose at the IRS by getting hitched with one minute left in the year but being able to claim married status for the entire year. He brushes off the fact that he's retired and doesn't have any earned income to tax, but the whole point is to thumb his nose at the system.

This means the wedding reception will actually happen before the wedding. That's the Grandpa we know and love. Eve has taken to patting his head and saying 'whatever you want, Earle' in a tone that belies the words. I want them both to live to be a hundred and twenty so they have plenty of time together.

We spent the afternoon stringing streamers and positioning balloons in the community room, it was quite festive when we were done. We had a light snack since the reception dinner was scheduled for 7:00 and then helped each other get dressed and made up. I had to laugh - that's twice in a week that I was in full war paint. I hope it doesn't get to be a habit, but I did look pretty nice.

The inverted evening was a real blast - the food was really good, the traditional wedding speeches were quite a bit longer than usual and, being given by members of the Liar's Club, far more interesting and creative than any wedding I have been to.

The DJ played music from Grandpa and Eve's younger days, stuff I only knew from when they played it around the house. I got to dance with more men than I could count, including Charlie Pymm. I'll partner him any time, and give him a kiss for his efforts. I love the look on his face after I plant one on his cheek. I don't think Audrey has broken her professional confidences and told him I'm trans, even though I wouldn't mind him knowing. I'm not going to ask.

The Official Timekeeper called time, the crowd unfolded chairs and set them up in no time flat and the DJ started the traditional wedding march. Grandpa strolled down the aisle in his Mark Twain white suit (but minus the fake cigar) to take his place. Charlie Pymm, acting as best man, escorted Marissa. Mary Ann's brother Dale escorted her, Grandpa's son Gary escorted me and his other son Martin escorted Eve's other daughter Vicky.

At last came the bride, on the arm of her ex-husband Keith who was giving her away. Like I said, tradition took a beating that night!

Father Henry read about love from Tolkien and Rumi but not the Bible. Then came the vows, which I just have to put in word for word because they were so moving I want to be able to remember them. (I transcribed them from the video.)
 

Grandpa:
Eve, long ago you stood beside your best friend when I married Sylvia. That marriage lasted for over forty years, and I never regretted a day of it. We raised two fine children who have gifted us with loving grandchildren.

You stood beside both me and Sylvia once again as the cancer took her, then stood beside me as I learned to cope without her love and guidance. Now you stand beside me once again and several of those grandchildren are standing beside us.

I can't think of a better definition of love than what we have found, and I intend to stand beside you for the rest of our lives, even if we have to do it in wheelchairs when we get old. We may not have to worry about that because with you standing beside me I don't intend to get old. I intend to share my life with you, to love and cherish you and stay young with you forever.
 

Eve:
Earle, you old curmudgeon, I never had any intention of falling in love with you or any man after Keith and I called it quits, yet here we are. I gave him away years ago and now he's giving me away in turn.

We've shared a home for years now but we couldn't quite make that leap to get married. It took Mary Ann proposing to Angel to goad us into making that commitment public, and now I gladly stand beside you to become your wife with those two and our other grandchildren standing beside me.

I love you, Earle you old goat, and I'm just glad we decided to go to the Caribbean instead of skiing for our honeymoon so that we don't end up in those wheelchairs too soon.

If it's love that keeps you young then we're going to live forever, and I intend to love, cherish and stand by you for the rest of my life, but you can forget about the 'obey' part, buster!
 

See why I want to remember exactly what they said? I'm going to have to work hard to be able to say something as lovely to Mary Ann when we get married.

They said 'I do' at exactly 11:59 and walked back down the aisle as the DJ played Auld Lang Sein instead of the usual recessional.

Tradition be damned!
 

Wednesday, January 1, 2014
The house is finally quiet, Mary Ann and I are alone and completely knackered. Between bidding goodbye to family, shuttling people to the airport and cleaning up the place so we can leave for Falling Water tomorrow, I can barely type, let alone do anything strenuous.

But the new year has been happy so far!
 

Thursday, January 2
We're settled in at the hotel after a long drive. It was strange actually driving, it has been so long since either of us have driven a car for a trip of more than a few minutes. I suppose it's like the old cliche about bicycles, you don't forget how to do it.

Believe it or not, I've never been in a hotel before. Family vacations were always to a church camp with bunkhouses or family cabins. Bring your own linen and pillows sort of thing. Poor Mom never really got a vacation on our vacations, but Dad never really noticed that.

I was ready to just eat at the hotel restaurant, but Mary Ann, seasoned traveler that she is, nixed the idea. She says hotel restaurants are expensive and mostly mediocre, so we took a walk along the block and found a little Italian place that sure had some good food.

I found out that not all Italian food is covered in tomato sauce and cheese. Who knew? I had Orecchiette con Cime di Rapa which is turnip tops, olive oil, garlic, chili pepper and anchovies. I couldn't pronounce it but I sure did eat it. They offered us wine to go with dinner, but we decided plain water was better. Mary Ann had Cartoccio, Which looked to me to be raviolli, but with mussels and shrimp inside. Pretty classy stuff.

After dinner we decided we may not be on our honeymoon, but there was no reason we couldn't have some fun in bed. I hope Grandpa and Eve were having just as much fun as we did.
 

Friday, January 3
Mary Ann, the budding architect, was in heaven at Falling water. Even though the place was built in 1938 it looks as modern as anything I have seen. We took the deluxe tour and learned a lot about what a character Wright was in addition to his prowess as an architect.

The historian in me was fascinated by the flamboyant character who had such a profound effect on American architecture. In the gift shop I picked up a copy of Loving Frank, a novel about his scandalous affair with a married woman and her murder by a crazed servant. I figure I'll have plenty of time to read it while I'm recovering from my implant surgery.

Unfortunately, the materials he had to work with in the 1930s weren't up to the job in the long term and there has been a lot of reconstruction to keep it intact. They actually removed the entire flagstone living room floor and reinforced the foundations, then put it all together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. They told us they had to so the same thing for the chimney at one of his other buildings. Mary Ann bought the DVD that tells all about the renovations, one more thing to do when I'm stuck taking it easy.

There are also heavy steel cables buried in the walls of the cantilevered porches to keep them from sinking and level sensors hooked up to some kind of computer system to monitor any movement. Learning the details was mildly interesting for me and absolutely entranced Mary Ann.

FW1.jpg

FW2.jpg

Turns out there's another Wright house nearby so we got to see that one, too. Kentuck Knob, it's called. The guy who owns it doesn't live there any more, but lets people tour the place. It's Wright's take on a normal suburban house, if you can use the word 'normal' for anything Wright did. With my recent experience in the kitchen I had to wonder just how he expected anyone to use that little kitchen to feed a family - I guess he grew up with servants that took care of such things and didn't consider kitchen design important.

KN1.jpg

There's also a very weird collection of art in the yard, I guess you have to learn to appreciate such things.

KN2.jpg

Monday, January 6
Back home again.

We saw lots of stuff in Pittsburgh, museums and art galleries and whatnot, but I'd rather look at the pictures we took with our new cell phones than write about it.

Those cell phones were great when we ended up wandering in different directions at a museum or gallery, just speed dial and find out where the other one is.

Modern technology is great!
 

Tuesday, January 7
Back home again. this time after a far more personal encounter with modern technology. Why is it that surgeons are morning people? How can they be awake enough to use a sharp knife at seven in the morning?

I was tired enough getting up that early (4:30 in the alleged morning) that they probably could have operated without anything else to put me to sleep.

But operate she did and I now have my own breasts. I also have a bottle of happy pills and an attitude. Too bad nature didn't let me grow these things the way most girls do it - slowly over a few years.

As it is I had a very weird dream coming out of the anesthetic. I dreamed that the surgeon was using a thing that looked like the grease gun Jake uses when he's working on cars. She stuck the hose inside me and started pumping until she filled up my bra, then she did the other side. She kept poking at my boobs like she was testing a cookie to see if it was done, then sewed me up. I don't suppose I should tell Jake (or the surgeon!) about that dream. They might not understand.

Even though it hurts it's so good to know I have breasts that will someday look like they are a part of me. I haven't had the heart to look at the stitches or the bruising, but I'm going to have to take a shower tomorrow and that means taking off my bra for a short time. Surgical bras are ugly, but I'm not going to complain. No more glue, no more sweaty slippery falsies, just all me and all girl.

Up top anyway.
 

Thursday, January 9
The doctor says things look good - a phrase I find hard to apply to my poor, bruised body. Still, she should know.

It still hurts, though. Not as much, but when I move the wrong way I'm reminded that I have been surgically enhanced.
 

Tuesday, January 14
I haven't been writing because absolutely nothing has been happening to write about. The worst of the pain is behind me, or so they say, which is a good thing because there are no more happy pills left in the bottle. While I like seeing my B-cups in the mirror, the bruising is a real turn-off. I had no idea skin could turn that many colors.

The doctor took out the stitches today, so that's one step closer to being normal again.

Wait! Me, normal?

We made love last night - very slowly and very carefully so my boobs didn't bounce. Much. Making love while wearing a surgical bra is very strange, but very necessary right now. With a little creativity we both ended up satisfied. A good thing we were alone in the house, though. Mary Ann had a lot of time to make up for and is still very vocal.
 

Saturday, January 18
I was up to the drive to the airport to pick up Grandpa and Eve this morning. They are both tanned and glowing, marriage agrees with them.

I'm still wearing the surgical bra, but feeling well enough to dress in normal clothes and go for a drive. I was even up to going out for dinner, but I did tire out pretty fast.

They brought a pair of bikinis home with them for me and Mary Ann. It will be worth tucking to be able to wear a bikini on the beach. Or maybe a pool once I don't have a rainbow on my chest. One look right now and someone is going to call the cops because I've obviously been abused.
 

Monday, January 20
Back to school. Erin was excited to see me and nearly burst my new breasts when she gave me a hug. Naturally I winced and told her I had some minor surgery over the holidays and I needed to take it easy.

She gave me that quizzical look and I decided I knew her well enough to say 'boob job.'

"What?" Came the reply. "You don't look any bigger."

"That's because I hardly had anything to start with. I've been using falsies."

"Damn! I never would have guessed. What's that girl of yours think if them?"

"She can't wait to play with them."

"I should hope so! How long before I see you in a bikini, girl?"

"Don't get your hopes up, girl, although my grandpa did buy us matching bikinis on their honeymoon."

"Are you serious!?"

"You've met my Grandpa."

"You are serious!"

"Another few weeks and the high neckline blouses will be a thing of the past."

"I did wonder why you were always so, ahem, modest."

"Most people don't drool over plastic tits, Erin."

"Why did Mary Ann have to find you first? I'd just love to be the one to give them a test drive."

"Sorry girl, she has exclusive rights."

"Damn! Hey, got to get going. Catch you later."

"You bet."
 

Friday, February 14
Valentine's day.

The surgical bra is a thing of the past. My assets still have a way to go to settle in, but my breasts are looking a lot more like breasts. It takes time for skin to stretch and mold over such an intrusion.

To celebrate Mary Ann and I went to the Valentines dance at her college. We both wore strapless gowns and knocked 'em dead. Of course I had to wear some padding to show curves around my hips, but the cleavage and breasts were all my own.

I must be getting better, I didn't hear a whisper of my father carping about loose women displaying themselves in public. In fact, I reveled in displaying myself in public.

We continued our celebration of the day of love with some lovemaking of our own. I am starting to understand just what Mary Ann feels when I play with her nipples; having breasts is a very nice compliment to having a penis when making love.

There are advantages to taking it out only when needed and living the rest of my life as a woman. Who says you have to choose one of the other?

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cute chapter

BarbieLee's picture

Next time you are in Wally World walk over to the women's section and look at the bras and what a B size is. I'm not knocking it as a lot of girls are darn proud to have an A. Angel did have augmentation and she settled for a B when she's going to display female form the rest of her life? I guess. I was in Wally World yesterday picking up cat food. If you want to know if women check out women, yes we do. Do they care about their attire? I'd say ninety nine percent of them are typical Walmart Shoppers. They went through the clothes hamper and put on the first thing they found for a top and pants. Were they really that rushed to get to Wally World and back home? Sad really what society had become.
Okay, back to the B cup. Two women in there I saw in side silhouette were A or B and I'm not sorry for thinking they needed help. I know Mother Nature doesn't always treat women nor men equally. In this day and age a padded bra can go a long ways toward giving a less endowed woman a lot of help. She doesn't need breast implants or jelly breast boosters to give her a more feminine figure. But then, they are Walmart Shoppers. The woman who looks nice is the standout in society today. The Hippy Movement destroyed fashion for everyone.
Hugs Ricky
Barb
Life is meant to be lived, not worn until it's worn out.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

@Ricky,I'm loving this story,

@Ricky,I'm loving this story, and kind of sad it's going to be ending. But as they say, all good things and all that.

@BarbirLee I'm sure they took into account that her breasts should grow once she starts hormones. Angel could end up with C or even D cups by next Christmas.

Face meet Palm

BarbieLee's picture

Duhhhh, if she goes on estradiol or any of the estrogen regimens, of course they will grow. I owe Ricky an apology as you are one hundred percent right. I went from totally nothing, not even an A to a full C or small D in the span of three years. I blame it all on my mother. And that isn't Mother Nature.
Hugs Mudge, thanks for giving me a wake up call. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and go for the kill instead of thinking things through.
Barb
Life is a gift. Cherish it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl