Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1012.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1012
by Angharad

Copyright © 2010 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

To sleep perchance to dream My dreams are as nasty as Hamlet’s. I won’t repeat what happened in it save to say that I awoke feeling terrified and sweating like a hard ridden horse. It was nearly seven according to the digital clock, so I eased myself away from Simon’s arm, which had been around my waist and went to the bathroom to wee and shower–not at the same time, I hasten to add.

I came out feeling cleaner but not necessarily much more alert. I tried to remember what had spooked me in my dream, but it had gone. I roused three girls, two boys, and one teenager. They all grumbled but got out of bed when I threatened the cold wet flannel treatment.

The girls all showered one after the other and I combed and dried their hair and put them in pigtails, plaits or for Meems a ponytail. That done, they dressed themselves and came down to where I had breakfast started and lunch boxes finished. Despite my tiredness, my body seemed to be performing quite well without conscious input.

I ate a piece of toast–I know I should have more, but I don’t seem to be very hungry these days, and my throat was still a bit sore. Trish frowned at me then gave me a hug.

“C’mon, eat your breakfast,” I told her but she continued to hold on to me–the little tyke was healing my neck, because by the time she let me go, I felt a lot easier. I managed to eat a banana while she gobbled down her cereal.

I popped a scarf around my neck just in case when I took the girls to school. No one else had noticed except Trish, possibly she was more awake than the others or just more observant. I decided I wasn’t going to worry about it.

I came back via the supermarket where we’d had the scene with Julie’s parents. Thankfully they weren’t there so I shopped and left, but having thought about them I did wonder how they were.

One doesn’t have to like people to think about them, in fact soldiers probably spend as much time thinking about the enemy as they do their loved ones. Perhaps that’s why I was thinking of the Kemps. After all, this was the initial battleground. Just a bit of association based on past experience, or was it?

When I got home, lugging bags of shopping into the house, I called for help–none seemed to be forthcoming. I trudged down to the car and hauled another four bags of assorted food stuffs and cleaning products up to the kitchen.

Where was everyone? Simon’s Jag was still there, as was Stella’s Ford. Tom was working at the uni; so where were Simon, Stella and Julie? Irritated, probably from lack of sleep, I filled the kettle and switched it on, then began to put away the shopping–filling the fridge, freezer and larder. By the time I’d finished the kettle had boiled. At first, I was going to make myself a cuppa and blow the rest of them. Then I thought better of it and went looking for them.

I went through the lounge and dining room–no one there, I called and a muffled voice replied, I ran upstairs, something wasn’t right. Stella opened Julie’s the door of Julie’s room inside which I could make out the shapes of two others–presumably Simon and Julie herself.

“What’s up?” I started to ask when Stella put her finger to her lips. I glanced in the room and Simon was sitting cradling Julie who was sobbing in his arms.

Stella led me into the boy’s room and shut the door. “Her father phoned while you were out.”

“What did he want? He promised he’d leave her in peace unless she initiated the contact.”

“Just shush and listen, her mother is seriously ill.”

Part of me wanted to say, “Good, it couldn’t happen to a nicer person,” but I didn’t, I simply made my impression of a goldfish.

“Julie’s mum has had a stroke.”

“Oh,” visions of my father came to my mind. “How bad is it?”

“Not good, according to her dad.”

I swallowed my bile and asked, “What do we need to do to help Julie?”

“Simon is comforting her, she obviously wants to go and see her, but her dad thinks it might make her mother worse.”

“Surely she’s not thinking of reverting, is she?”

“I don’t know, she hadn’t said that as far as I know, but who says she won’t?”

Simon had either seen me or heard me talking with Stella. “Who’s looking after Julie?” I asked him.

“She’s gone off to sleep, so I came out to give her some space.”

“What has she said?”

“She blames herself.”

“Oh here we go, I’m a little pervert tall and thin, why not come over and kick my head in?”

“Cathy, get off your high horse and listen,” he growled at me; “She thinks that the falling out with her parents has caused both of them to become ill. She wonders if perhaps you went to see her mum and did some of your magic, she would be able to go and talk to her later.”

“I can only do it if the energy wants me to. If it doesn’t, or seems to imply it’s her time, nothing will happen except perhaps to make her more accepting of it. Besides, she possibly hates me more than Julie–I’m the pervert who stole and corrupted her son. I’m the devil incarnate to the power of ten.”

“Would that make you Billionzebub rather than Beelzebub?”

“Simon, go and take a running jump, will you? I’m trying to make sensible suggestions and you revert to schoolboy humour as usual. Life isn’t one big Monty Python sketch, you know?”

“Pity,” he sighed, “Okay, Crabby Cathy, what’s the plan?”

“Where is she?”

“The QA.”

“Maybe I could do this from a distance?”

“What send her healing?”

“Yes.”

“Worth a try, what do you need to do?” Simon seemed in favour–it meant he wouldn’t have to separate us, Julie’s two mums. It would also mean, she wouldn’t improve from my healing her, only to have another while trying to kill me for doing it. Oh well, life is full of little ironies.

“First I need a cuppa–I’m parched, then I need to be left alone to try and tune into her and send the light and dare I say, some love, too.”

“Go in our room and I’ll bring you up a cuppa.” Simon disappeared down the stairs. I peeped in Julie’s door. She was sleeping and Stella was sitting in the doorway of her own room, listening for Puddin’ and Julie. Sometimes she does her share, okay, not too often, but she can be an absolute brick.

Simon brought up a tray-load of teas and I took one and sipped it. Stella had one, and he took the remaining two up to Julie’s room. He tapped gently and went in. I heard him close the door behind him. I wasn’t entirely sure I wanted him sitting in there with her, but he wasn’t under my feet, and he was doing something useful.

I finished my tea, went for a comfort stop, as they say, then shut my bedroom door. Ssitting cross legged on some pillows on the bed, I began to focus on Julie. I planned to use my love for her as a sort of bridge to get to the old lady. I sat and tuned into the teenager and started to move the energy about.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
165 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Blue Light Ahoy!

Blue lighting Julie's dad may have had a (much delayed) effect on his attitude towards Julie, so maybe it can do some good on her mum?

Alternatively, we could have a repeat of what happened with Cathy's mum... (episode 44)

But given a couple of previous attempts at blue lighting have had consequences for Cathy (once when remote healing she passed out and broke contact, on another Sam Rose had to intervene) it might be a good idea for someone to keep an eye on Cathy while she's attempting the healing, so she doesn't over-exert herself.

Maybe this will require a bit of tag team work - Cathy healing Mrs. Kemp, while Trish heals Cathy... it may also be an opportunity for Julie to use her blue light healing to boot! Actually, as Cathy's focussing the healing via Julie, perhaps Julie can add her healing energies to Cathy's en-route to her mum.

 


EAFOAB Episode Summaries (currently 001-753,800-1010)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

It looks like

with Cathy's encounters with so many people in the last few episodes she has taken up the old addage:

"Love your enemies: It will drive them crazy!"

Children tend to take responsibility for the problems and hurts of their parents even when it is not their fault. It is too bad that parents (like Julie's) look to increase that hurt in children. This is a time to comfort and support one another, at a time when everyone is hurting, not to assign blame.

Another great episode, Thanks!

Music is the language of the soul.

Music is the language of the soul.

Aye, you are Right There

Love is probably the most powerful weapon ever thought up: when you give someone who has harmed you love instead of what they expect, it does indeed drive them crazy. Most of them then more or less implode, a few do manage ro accept it and change, but not that many can, once they have been really awful. So it is a cruel weapon too, depending on one's ideas of what is cruel, what is wrong, and so on.

Probably the notions of good and bad are merely byproducts of human languages and thinking - we tend to group concepts in pairs of opposites - good v bad, black v white, positive v negative, up v. down, and so on ad nausiam.

Although as a scientist and atheist I generally regard "magic" and the "supernatural" as very dubious, I have met several individuals who dabbled in the occult, and those that used only "white" or only "black" magic were never as effective as those who used both. I have no rational explanation for why what they did sometimes seemed to work, which makes me feel uncomfortable, but I have to accept that sometimes it does seem to.

I have also found that in ordinary life, if you act kindly and in a friendly way towards people that are initially aggressive or critical or suspicious of you, it switches them into a more friendly response - simple conditioned reflex behaviour, but effective.

With Angharad/s wonderful story about Cathy Cameron, one has to exercise the "suspension of disbelief" as with all fiction, but it is worth it for such an inspiring and fun story.

Briar

Briar

Daily Dormouse-1012

Cathy keeps getting thrown into turmoil that she needs some down time to keep from burning out. Now she has Julie's Mum and Simon's horror to deal with. Hopefully, Trish was able to send some energy to Cathy when she healed her and eased her anxiety a bit.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well, if this experiment

Well, if this experiment works, it will certainly be a plus for Cathy as she will be able to heal others and not be found out who she is while it is being done or even after. She has been trying to avoid anyone plus the media regarding this power, and this would a great way to do so. Jan

blue light

I don't think it is going to work at all. The old lady had so much hate in her that I suspect she will reject any contact or help. Cathy is going to have to make that contact, to direct the healing, and I believe it will be bounced straight away.

Don't like to think what Cathy is likely

to find mucking around in Julie's mom's psyche. Loved Trish's little touch that made her mom feel better. Wonder if she can skip the terrible 12s and avoid the teen angst that turns kids against their parents till they're in their 20s. Kind of hope so.

Remote.

This is brave and probably dangerous.
Still it's another cliff-hanger, (duuhh!)

Interesting to see what happens.

Keep writing,
Still loving it,

OXOXOX

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

Poor Cathy

life is never simple for our lovely lady, Just back from saving the life of the man she loves, She now finds herself in the unenviable position of having to save the life of someone who quite clearly hates the sight of her .....Best of luck Cathy...You'll need it!!

Kirri

Another Dilemma

Poor Cathy, I'm glad I'm not her because I would never be able to cope with her multitude of problems. Six kids ranging from age 4 to 16 (two of them TG) and a husband who seems to be nothing more than an overgrown schoolboy sometimes, although he is quite clever at making money. Then there's Stella, who's far from being stable and poor wee Puddin'.

Now she has to try to help Julie's mum. No, I don't envy Cathy just now.

Thanks for continuing to write this wonderful soap, Ang.

Hilary (and “Her”)

It never rains...

...I'm sure you know the rest!

Fresh from sorting out the Russians (yet again, and who may well reappear), we now have further issues with the Kemps.

I'm sure Cathy would really appreciate a bit of time just to be a Mum to her diverse family, do dormouse stuff and get in the occasional bike ride.

Well done Angharad and Bonzi: I don't know how you manage to keep coming up with all these plot twists, but long may it continue.

Persistent Strife


Bike Archive

Maureen

Looking forward to hearing back from her. I suspect she will look a lot different next time she shows up.

Julie's parents may yet come around. Time will tell.

Cliff hangers

Well, Cathy is going to do an impersonation of the BBC and broadcast healing. wouldn't Julie be better off if the two drove off a cliff and got hung up on tree roots.

Cefin