Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1005.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1005
by Angharad

Copyright © 2010 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“Do we actually know these people have Simon?” I asked.

“No, not for certain, but it’s probable.”

“And now they have Tom and my children.”

“That I can confirm.”

“If someone will loan me a gun, I shall go and get my children back.”

“Sorry, we can’t do that, which you well know. I’m afraid you’re going to have to wait this out. We have trained negotiators and a firearms team on its way.”

“That is my house, those are my children and my adopted father–if you think I’m going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs for the next three days–forget it. Besides, I need a change of clothing.”

“I see, I’d have thought being married to a banker, you could afford to buy something.”

“What’s that got to do with it, that is where I live and I don’t accept that a bunch of clowns should stop me living in it as I normally do. Besides that, my children are in there and I’m not, they need me.”

“They have the professor.”

“But it’s me they’ll want.”

“I’m sorry.”

“There’s a baby in there, too. You can’t just ignore her, she could become ill quite quickly, I need to go and see to her.”

“I’m sorry, I can’t allow that, Lady Cameron.”

“Is this a police state?”

“Of course not.”

“Well, in which case just keep out of my way.” I opened the car door and ran straight at the policeman who tried to grab me until I sidestepped and whacked him with my bag as I went past. He fell over but wasn’t hurt. I then ran up the drive and went straight to the back door–which much to my surprise was unlocked.

I stepped inside and was immediately pushed over and my bag taken from me. There were two of them, the man with the gun pointed at me and the woman who was tipping my handbag onto the kitchen table. “D’you mind, that bag is a Louis Vuitton, it cost a lot of money.”

“Ha, the capitalist pig squeals.” I recognised the voice from the phone. “So, you are going to kill me are you?” She then hit me in the stomach and punched me as I doubled up from her blow. I could taste blood, my lip was stinging and felt like I’d had collagen injections.

She kicked me, and I took the blows, but it bloody hurt.

“You gonna kill me, huh? I don’t think so.”

I felt blood drip from my nose, and it felt very tender. My eyes were watering and things were a bit blurry. Had I made the wrong decision? Dunno–but having made it, I had to run with it.

“I came to see my children, they’ll be very frightened, and there’s a baby–she’ll need feeding.”

“This creature, is a boy–Igor–maybe I should let you rape him, so you can compare him to a real woman.”

I heard the man with the gun laugh behind me. “Then I kill him?”

“Later, perhaps. They won’t attack because we have children here–and their precious boy-mother.” She grabbed the back of my hair and pulled me to my feet, that hurt too. This sonofabitch was going to deserve payback in spades.

I was dragged through into the lounge and unceremoniously dumped on the floor before my children. They were all sat on the floor around the feet of Tom and Leon, who were tied and gagged on two dining chairs.

“Where’s the baby?” I asked.

“Get the baby for him, Igor.” The gun man went off upstairs to collect Puddin’. I glanced around and five horrified children sat and stared at me in disbelief. Then all hell broke loose.

“Don’t you hit my mummy,” Trish launched herself at the woman who swiped at her and missed but caught Meems who fell backwards. Danny flew at her and as he made contact so Billy jumped on her as well. Meems was crying but I think okay. I stood up and with two kicks caught the woman under the chin and in her chest. Her head hit the floor with a crump and she lay still.

I said to Danny to grab Puddin’ when the man came back. He did a moment later, Danny snatched the baby and I swung the chair at his chest. He got one arm to it, but it knocked him backwards and his gun dropped which Billy snatched from the floor, rolling away as he took it.

Igor was obviously hurt, the way his one wrist was hanging it looked broken. He laughed and came at me, I sidestepped at the last moment and kicked him on the side of his face as he went past. He careered over a settee and hit the floor with quite a thump. He staggered to rise to his feet and Danny bashed him on the head with a bottle of Tom’s single malt.

He stood up, looked at Danny and as he stepped towards the boy I landed a flying kick which knocked him into the fireplace where he smacked his head on the hearth and lay still.

Trish was releasing Leon and Tom. I took the gun off Billy, who was shaking with fright. Livvie was standing looking aghast and holding the baby.

“As soon as I can secure the front door, get them all out,” I hissed at Leon who nodded. He took the baby from Livvie and Trish took her hand. They followed me out to the hallway. There was no one to see.

I opened the door and they all ran for it. I went in search of my quarry and hopefully my husband. The woman groaned as she lay on the floor, Igor, I suspect was dead or dying in the fireplace.

The police saw four enter the house, where were the others? As the kids ran towards the road, shots rang out from upstairs, which were returned by police snipers and the sound of glass smashing was followed by a thump upstairs–damn, that’s my bedroom, I’ll need to get the carpet cleaned now. I wonder if blood comes out with one of those steam things?

I crept up the stairs and exchanged shots with a man who jumped out of the window and ran off up the garden. I crawled into my bedroom and saw the intruder there was probably dead. I got to my wardrobe, and pulled out the bow and the quiver. Then a few moments later with the gun tucked into the waistband of my jeans, I jumped out of the window and went stalking my prey.

He’d cut himself somehow, probably on the ledge of the veranda in Stella’s room. I set up the bow as I stalked my quarry, and by the time I reached the orchard, I was ready to loose an arrow.

He fired at me, hitting one of the apple trees, I fired back and the arrow caught him in the shoulder. He screamed and fell backwards. I loaded another and walked calmly towards him, he was squealing and trying to wriggle towards his dropped gun. I kicked it away and aimed at his groin.

“Unless you want me to give you a one stage sex change on the end of this arrow, tell me where is my husband? Where is Simon Cameron?”

He whimpered and shed loads of tears, I loosed an arrow which grazed his leg and he screamed. I loaded another. “Oops, I missed, oh well, this time.”

I drew back the bowstring and he screamed, “I tell you, don’t shoot.”

“Where is he?”

“Empty farmhouse, at Soberton Heath.”

“Is he still alive?”

“Yes,” the man lay back and cried, “Don’t kill me.”

“I’m here,” I called to the police swat team, “It’s okay, I disarmed him.”

The clods still charged in and snatched my bow and pushed me to the ground. Once I was allowed up I actually slapped the man in charge, hard enough to drop him. He charged at me and I caught him with a kick to the chest. He fell back and lay there gasping for breath.

“If any of you lays one finger on me ever again, I’ll beat the crap out of you and sue you for compensation. And believe me I can.” They stood around open mouthed.

The injured Russian was led away with my arrow still in his shoulder.

“I should be charging you with assault with a deadly weapon,” said Wheatland.

“You should be thanking me for saving the lives of several of your officers. Now I want you to take me to an empty farmhouse at Soberton Heath. That’s where Simon is.”

“How do you know that?”

“The man with the arrow in his shoulder told me on condition I didn’t turn him into a pin cushion.”

“He confided in you, I take it?”

“He wanted to help me find my husband. I can be very seductive when I want, you know.”

“Even with a bloody face,” he passed me his handkerchief, and I gingerly wiped at my nose and mouth.

“What about the three indoors?”

“All still alive, the one in the fireplace has serious head injuries, and the woman on the floor has a concussion.”

“Good, when it’s better let me know, I’ll hit her again.”

“You realise she has a broken nose and the side of her face is caved in, I think her cheek is smashed and possibly her jaw as well. It won’t improve her looks.”

“She threatened to kill my children, if she died, I’d have no conscience about it.”

“You could be charged with manslaughter.”

“I was unarmed she was holding a gun, my kids attacked her when she hit me, I just helped them a bit.”

“You were unarmed, what’s this then?” He took the pistol out of my jeans.

“That belonged to her, the bow is mine–I want it back and all the arrows, including the one in our helpful intruder’s shoulder.”

“I don’t think you’re in any position to make demands.”

“Get me to Soberton Heath or take the consequences.”

“One more statement like that and I’ll have you arrested.”

“If you do, you’ll be retired faster than the speed of light. I have some very powerful friends.”

“Your father in law isn’t above the law, you know.”

“I have friends more powerful than him–when you’re ready to risk your pension to find out, let me know, unless you’d prefer to finish your career back on the beat. That could be arranged too.”

“You’re not joking are you?”

“No, where’s this flipping car, or shall we go in the Mondeo?”

“We’re going by helicopter, which if my ears aren’t deceiving me, is coming now.”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cathy kicks ass

And after 1005 episodes I get first comment at last

This epic gets better and better

Thanks again Angharad; and your little muse of course.

Amazing!

You'd think by now the cops would all know to stay out of Cathy's way and just clean up the mess she leaves behind.

Glad she got to give her bow a workout, bet she doesn't get the arrow from the russian's shoulder back.

Sean_face_0_0.jpg

Abby

Battery.jpg

Take no prisoners!

persephone's picture

Angharad,

The phrase 'Take no prisoners' springs to mind. You had fun with this chapter and it shows!

Thank you

Persephone

Persephone

Non sum qualis eram

You can bet on that...

And it will still have the blood on it...

You'd think

that both the fuzz and the Ruskies would know by now not to piss Cathy off. Beware a mother protecting her young.

And good on the children too for their bravery.

Susie

Kicking Ass And Taking Names

Oh, wait! She forgot to take names! Well, maybe the police can make themselves useful.

Sheesh. Miserable Plod. You'd think they could act impressed, or maybe grateful (unless they were counting on the overtime).

Hmm. A wild animal fighting

Hmm. A wild animal fighting for it's young with venom dripping from it's razor sharp
fangs comes to mind for some reason. Ha Ha.

Episode 1005

Take names and kick butt and don't screw with my family. Get 'em kid. I really hope the Russian broad gets screwed up big time. And Igor needs to be very seriously injured. The Brit cops did take control of the scene, but the way they handled Cathy was way over-board. They definitely need to have their ears pinned back also. And when they get to the farm house, I hope Cathy is okay after she rushes in where angels fear to tread. She again needs to dish a little payback... But it is very soon after she was hurt so badly. And I liked the way the kids jumped in. Thats something the bad guys never think about. Especially for the boys. But then again, the female is always the deadlier of the species. And there needs to be a ton of law suites after this is over. And the family NEEDS to get serious and get some body guards in these perilous times, especially Simon and his Parents. A couple at the farmhouse would also be appropriate also. Besides being in the banking industry, there are a lot of grudges out there. And those idiots in Special branch and New Scotland Yard and the local cops need to get their heads has changed big time in the past couple of years. Cathy and the whole extended family are just too in the news and in public scrutiny jobs to let this lapse anymore. As we used to say in the line of duty... Take no guff, cut no slack, hook 'em and book 'em, and don't look back.

Bodyguards?

Suspect they would just be additional targets that Cathy would end up having to save at some point.

bodyguards

that's what they are for. That's why the protected is called the principle. They can be a great distraction to an enemy.

Brainless Police Force

littlerocksilver's picture

WTF is wrong with these police. Has somebody burned out their logic chip, or are they just brainless automatoms? It seems to me they have been turned into pablum brained idiots. Tanya's dipiction of the Thames Valley corp doesn't reflect this sort of idiocy.

Portia

Portia

'Sheep' attitude

When you start to cop the attitude that the general population are sheep (victims waiting to be victimized,) and that you should leave everything up to the adults, I mean 'professionals,' the sheepdogs get nervous when the sheep learn to fight back.

Happy owners, sheepdogs, and wolves want unarmed and timid sheep. That's why victim disarmament laws are so popular in the world.

I sure hope the...

“We’re going by helicopter" includes Cathy. Love the way she can talk to the cops. I guess having friends in high places, some of which literally owe Cathy their lives, can help out your confidence a bit.

Where and when did Cathy get the moves? Don't remember her ever being trained in it.

Disappointed of course that the cops feel a need to threaten Cathy but understand the mentality. They "had the situation under control" when this crazy woman comes in and plays superhero. They have to do something to save face. Unfortunately for them, Cathy has the means to back-up her threats - or is that promises.

Good that the kids got involved in the take-down. They are less likely to feel helpless next time.

Hope the single-malt bottle didn't break. Would be a huge waste.

... and perhaps the police need to be reminded of the name of the new prime minister....

Cathy's had the moves for a while now!

Try searching the archive (link below) for kickboxing. Some of Part 251 makes interesting reading:

I was led to Tom’s office to give my statement. “Oh not you!” It was the detective constable I’d met over the poison pen letters. “What’s this I hear about you laying out some Ruskie thug?”

“He wanted to pinch my bum,” I joked.

“I wondered if he’d sent you a nasty letter.”

“Is he all right?”

“I don’t think we’ll charge you with assault.”

“He got up after I hit him, admittedly a few minutes later.”

“Your secretary decked him I hear.”

“Yep, caught him with her shorthand pad, old Ninja trick.”

“Cathy, please be serious. I believe a plant pot assisted her.”

“Yes, the guy was going to shoot me. He’d had one try when I hit him.”

“You hit him?”

“No, I kicked him, Stella had been teaching me some kickboxing, it worked.”

“You laid out one of these boys before, you caught a thief, rescued a kiddie from a burning car. You don’t have an ‘S’ on your vest and wear your panties over your tights, do you?”

“No. Just lucky, I suppose.”

“Lucky! You’re a one woman anti-crime wave.”

Punching Solidly


Bike Archive

In our little town

Life is so much different just 10 or 15 years later. At one time, one of the cops where I worked actually thanked me for offering to just pull up and hang around at a distance when he had a stop. In the US at that time it was quite common for Contstruction people to carry a little sumpin sumpin in their lunch pail.

I hate to start a range war, but today I was wondering why it is that over 60% of americans own guns and that is not the case anywhere else in the world that I know of. Perhaps it is that Americans are quite peaceful people and know how to handle them, but if provoked ... well the offenders were warned. :)

Just kickin the bee hive to see if they wintered through.

Khaduuj

Self-reliance

In the past, people were more or less forced to be self-reliant. It was a quality that was admired and encouraged.

Unfortunately, we are now encouraged to wait for the grown-ups to arrive. That attitude caused lots of trouble when hurricane Katrina went though, as evidenced by the media circus of blame-placing and complaining. Contrast this with the recent floods in Iowa, which didn't get too much news coverage because the people involved worked hard to deal with the situation rather than complain that someone didn't do their job.

In some places, you can get arrested for defending yourself and your family. In other places and times, where we were expected to take care of ourselves and each other (rather than depending on our keepers,) the bad guys are seen as reaping what they have sowed, and can't successfully sue their victims for defending themselves.

As I said,

The force is strong in this one.

Apparently the local police

Apparently the local police in the surrounding area are not aware of the concept of passing on information to their fellow police agencies. If they were, then the police officers, the commanders and Special Branch personnel would all be familiar with Cathy and what she can do and exactly who she is; other than just being Lady Cameron. Too bad Cathy was not able to mess the russian woman up a little more than she did, as that was one female who truly deserved a complete and thorough butt kicking. Agitating and getting in Cathy's 'face' as she did on the phone and then in the house definitely caused her some pain, just not enough. I'm beginning to believe that Cathy should join the 'Kimba Team' at Whatley Academy as she has some really super and special powers for a 'baseline'.
Jan

Messed up

I believe that the woman got sufficiently messed up. Furthermore, Cathy will be able to gloat when she ends up going 'up the river' for a very long time.

She may have not killed anyone, but she is guilty of assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, endangering a minor, unlawful detainment, and probably a whole lot of other crimes related to threatening the lives of Cathy and her loved ones.

Oh yes, Cathy will definitely be able to tell her, "I told you so."

The Bow.

I knew it! I knew it!!
A bow is far more fearsome then a gun. People actually see the arrow, the instrument of death or injury.
A bullet hole has little drama unless it's an exit wound or a large caliber round.
An arrow lets everybody know and it often leaves the target alive but disabled. The psychology of the bow and arrow is perfect for small scale combat and secret attack. It's personal you see, - at both ends of the arrow's flight.
It lets the victim know that his (or her) nemesis is very near, silent and deadly.
Well done Cathy. Never mind the blind fury, it's the bow wot' done it!

Still enjoying it.
OXOXOX

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

yeah, just imaging the scene...

I kicked it away and aimed at his groin.
“Unless you want me to give you a one stage sex change on the end of this arrow, tell me where is my husband? Where is Simon Cameron?”
He whimpered and shed loads of tears, I loosed an arrow which grazed his leg and he screamed. I loaded another. “Oops, I missed, oh well, this time.”
I drew back the bowstring and he screamed, “I tell you, don’t shoot.”

Almost feel sorry for the guy. When faced with an enraged Cathy armed with a bow, bad guys might as well simply give up. She's completely ruthless when on a mission to save one of her family.

Speed or stealth?

Well! It looks like my comment after Part 1004 was right on the money. :-)

One has to assume that Simon hasn't been left at the empty farmhouse at Soberton Heath on his own. The disadvantage I see in using a helicopter is that any remaining Russian thugs are going to be forewarned. After all, looking at a map, Soberton Heath is not that far from Portsmouth. I'd have thought that an approach by car might allow Cathy et al. to sneak up.

The other issue to consider is just how many empty farmhouses are there likely to be at Soberton Heath? We don't really know which one (if more than one). In that case, I guess the helicopter might have the advantage of being able to search a much greater expanse in a short space of time.

This is great stuff Angharad and Bonzi: the thought running through my mind as I read today's installment was 'a rollicking good yarn.'

Proceed Sneakily


Bike Archive

Certainly not stealth.... but

The other issue to consider is just how many empty farmhouses are there likely to be at Soberton Heath? We don't really know which one (if more than one). In that case, I guess the helicopter might have the advantage of being able to search a much greater expanse in a short space of time.

...If they have an idea of which farmhouses are supposed to be abandoned and the helicopter is fitted with both FLIR and infa red scanning technology....

PB

This chapter was a very fun

This chapter was a very fun little ride! I like how the kids helped out. No surprise that Trish started it! ;) I wonder if Cathy will get another chance to 'chat' with that Russian *#(@#....er, woman?

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

These Russian scum

don't realize they always will have to 'bow' to the inevitable :).

However, question is, which gang do these belong to? She made peace with the other Russian lady as we know ?

So who are these arse holes?

Anyway, I think the entire Cameron clan has guts and no small thanks to Cathy's example, I say.

BTW, it may sound like sacrilege, but since I don't drink - I think that was the best use for a bottle of Single Malt ever.

Ha haa heee haa!

Kim

NO, plod can be that dense, can they?

Before 9/11 this could easily have happened here in the US, but Cathy would likely have been more seriously injured. Now days we have the self important Homeland Security, and um swat people, running around making sure nothing meaningful happens.

On the other hand, this could have been written by one of those Pinewood Studio script writers.

I've stood confronting an attacker with asjf;olitgfj, and intended to use it, so I can certainly understand the emotional energy involved.

Great Episode!

Khaduuj

Cathy Croft

Rides Again... I believe the next Russian mob plan will go:
1. Kill the bitch
2. Make absolutely certain she is dead
3. whatever the big plan is...

Bike pt 1005

I wonder who is with Simon? It'd be interesting if it was that lady Russian that befriended Cathy.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Cathy Minces words ... into mincemeat, and get results

After she's turned into SuperCathy once again. of course, she did have a bit of help from the kids.
Of course once they;re all adopted, they'll all turn into smaller SuperCamerons, too.

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Go Cathy!

Certain members of our species are very protective of their young. Some people never learn this basic lesson, especially when Cathy is involved.

Great writing Angharad! I understand the police tactics in hostage situations. Avoid blood shed and possibly getting hurt. Unfortunately, the bad guys know this also and can use it to get what they want. Cathy provided the wild card factor. Throughout this saga, she has demonstrated over and over again an uncanny ability to deliver incapacitating blows in close combat (hand to hand) situations. Her swift an unexpected actions quickly ended this standoff with only enemy blood shed. The only pain to the police was inflicted by Cathy in her rush to get to her children and family.

The police, following required procedures, would never have gotten Simon's location as quickly and easily as Cathy. The police have a conundrum. Do they give Cathy a Medal or arrest her for interfering with and assaulting police officers? Cathy's actions, while challenging police authority, most likely saved the lives of her family and the lives of police officers too.

No one looses when Cathy is on your side!! Your challenge and Bonzi's is to make Simon's rescue as spell binding as this installment.

Thanks again for keeping us entertained. I know we are a demanding bunch. The Arabian King was satisfied after 1001 tales. Here we are at 1001 plus 4 and demanding more. I think I'm addicted. Does anyone have an antidote to "Bike" Addiction? If not, I hope Angharad keeps writing until I find one.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

You Do Not Mess With Cathyâ„¢

You'd think by now both the Russians and the Police would have learned their lesson, but evidently they both suffer from Aesop Amnesia, which allows them both to try out the same old tactics again and again and again and again and...you get the idea!

I can't help but draw parallels between this Russian bungle and the last one, when Myrtle Kingston helped Cathy rescue Simon from a bunch of armed Russians. And as with previous incidents where Cathy's defended herself against overwhelming opposition, the police's first instinct is to arrest her. Which, given what happened in the Luke Perryman incident, would be A Very Bad Ideaâ„¢.

You can imagine when the report hits the Chief Super's desk. "Not her - again! What's she been up to now?!" Closely followed by "Can I take early retirement?"

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

That chapter was

just so much fun.....Don't you just love it when the baddies get their just desserts, Like everyone else says... Beware of Super Cathy she fights back... And how!!!

Kirri

The flying egg whisk

fitted with infra-red? They'll all be lucky if it's fitted with a rotor. A shame it's also operated by the Keystone Cops, who'll probably try to arrest Simon and let the Russians go (after giving them a generous Social Security payout).

Susie

action

wow Angharad sexton blake had nothing on this girl nor does tin tin,i was on my seat wondering what was going on with simon,are you sure that this lass doesn't have bionics or what have you because she is certainly is able to take care of the problem.great story and please for all the readers of this and your other stories please continue to write them

As I say, The muscles from Brissles

Is stupid and bully requirements for CI in Special Branch? Seems Cathy is ready to kick some serious ass.
You're either part of the solution, or part of the problem, decide.

Cefin