Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1098.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1098
by Angharad

Copyright © 2010 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

It took a little while for everyone in the family to learn of my little miracle in turning into a feeding station for the baby. Julie was disgusted that I hadn’t told her at breakfast, and sulked.

When I popped out my queen sized boobs for the baby to suck on, I seemed to replace the television as the entertainment for the night. “Can I have boobies, too, Mummy?” asked Trish pulling up her top and showing a flat chest.

“Me too, Mummy,” said Livvie doing the same.

“I wannem too,” added Mima and Billie stood behind her nodding furiously.

“What’s made it happen?” asked Simon, his eyes absolutely riveted to my exposed breast. I shrugged because I didn’t know the answer.

“Um–I did it,” said Trish blushing.

“How did you do that?” asked Billie.

“I asked Jesus to help us feed Baby Catherine.”

I was a bit alarmed at the religious implication, which I assumed was a red herring, but if Trish believes in such superstitious outcomes, she’ll be hooked on it for life. Now wasn’t either the time or place to have a word with her, and even if I did it wasn’t guaranteed to have much effect.

In a recent study, people were shown to hold fast to erroneous views even after they were shown evidence which proved them wrong, and this was based on an emotional judgement not a cognitive one. So if you believe something, even if it’s wrong, you’ll still believe it after being shown it’s wrong.

Simon looked at her in astonishment, “Pity Gordon Brown didn’t know you a few months ago,” he added and smirked.

“Did he want to breast feed? I could still ask for him,” Trish volunteered.

“No, doesn’t matter now, we have a right tit in his place instead.” Simon opined and I cringed at his language. “Still maybe you could do it for Dave the Chamaeleon instead, he’s got a new baby–yeah, give his wife a hand with feeding his baby.”

“I’ll ask tonight, Daddy, when I say my prayers.”

This was news to me, but I couldn’t let Simon make her a butt of his jokes. “Don’t be silly, Simon–Daddy’s joking, Trish, he doesn’t mean it.” I glowered at Si who got the message, that if he wanted a milkshake tonight, he’d better behave.

“Yeah, I’m only joking, kiddo.”

Trish folded her arms and huffed and puffed before deciding that the bag of sweets he was offering as a bribe was sufficient compensation. It took her at least two nanoseconds; then she snatched them from his hand and she and Livvie, Mima and Billie went off to eat them.

Danny came home and asked what was for tea, “Milkshakes, get in the queue,” said Simon as he noticed what I was doing.

“Is that–um, I mean–are those real?” gasped Danny nearly walking into the back of a dining chair.

“Yes, what did you think they were–oxygen tanks?” I said back.

“Wow, kewl.” I unplugged the baby and he saw my nipple–“Yeah, really kewl.” He ran off up the stairs to do what–I didn’t want to know. He reappeared ten minutes later looking very flushed and Simon sniggered. I was too busy changing the baby’s nappy to say anything.

It took me three quarters of an hour to prepare the curry and I made two lots, adding some stronger spices to that meant for Simon and Tom. I ladled in a few large spoonfuls of curry powder and chilli, mixing it into the sauce and simmered for a few minutes. Then I dished it up for everyone–the rest getting the mild one, the two men the stronger version.

I sat down and ate a jacket potato with some of the chopped turkey I’d baked in a gravy sauce. “I hope it’s not too hot,” I said to Simon, who sniggered, Tom also smirked.

“It cannae be tue hot, lassie,” commented Tom.

“You’re absolutely right there, Gramps,” agreed Simon.

They took well loaded forkfuls and a moment later they gave me a very strange look. “I did warn you it was hot.”

Mima sniggered and Trish smirked.

Simon fanned his open mouth with his hand, then gulped down a glass of wine. Not the best thing to do to cool one’s gullet.

“Yoghurt,” I spluttered through a mouthful of potato.

By this time, Tom was looking decidedly red faced, so I plonked the carton of yoghurt in front of him. He tore it open and dumped a pile on his plate, which he then shovelled down his throat. Simon grabbed the carton and swallowed down the yoghurt. It wasn’t true that you could hear his throat sizzling as he swallowed.

Neither men ate anything else that night and Tom didn’t even have his usual tot of whisky, he just sipped ice water for the rest of the evening and neither seemed to want to talk much either.

The girls thought it was hilarious, and even Danny, who enjoyed his curry chuckled, “It cannae be too hot, lassie,” he joked in a very poor Scots accent.

“You be careful, I don’t think Gramps is feeling in a good mood,” I cautioned him. He giggled then went very red and left the room.

After all that, my jacket potato was very nice.

In bed later that night, I expressed some milk into a bottle with Simon hovering obviously wanting to be involved but being a bit schoolboyish about asserting himself.

“Oh for goodness sake, Simon, if you want to work the pump, do so–don’t faff about like an ataxic melon.”

“Like a what?” he blushed.

“Here, stick this over my nipple and squeeze the rubber bulb,” I handed him the pump, “Gently–geez, you don’t know your own strength–you nearly sucked out my thymus then.”

He blushed and with shaking hands tried again, the power I realised suddenly I had over this lump, who was nearly twice my size and strength made my head swim. He was absolutely fascinated by a simple act of nature–well okay hardly simple in my case, but the only chance he’s likely to get to play with a pair of lactating boobs.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this?”

“Why? Who else should I ask?”

“No, I mean–I never thought you’d be able to do this.”

“I’m not, you are.” I knew perfectly well what he meant but I was in need of a bit of play.

“No, you, producing milk. I mean, how did you manage that?”

“I have no idea, maybe Trish was right.” I shrugged and the pump slipped off my breast and he nearly spilt it.

“Can I try some?” he asked blushing and almost squirming.

“Let’s see how much we have first.” I took the pump and tipped it into the bottle. I had about half a bottle. It would do for a small feed. “Pop that in the fridge for me will you, oh and rinse out the pump and pop it in the Milton box. (A chemical disinfection container for bottles and other baby things).

While he was gone I drank half a glass of water, I knew I had to keep hydrated if I wanted the milk to continue flowing. He came rushing back puffing and blowing like an old man.

“Where’s my taster?” he said looking at the bedside table for a glass of my magic juice.

“Still in the box.” I said and smiled flirtatiously at him.

“Oh, I see,” he said and climbed on the bed.

“You’re going to have to earn it.”

“I just did, I took the stuff downstairs for you.”

“Huh, I could have got one of the kids to do that and they wouldn’t expect any reward, they’re happy just to help.”

“Cut to the breast–I mean chest–I mean chase,” he spluttered and I giggled so much that some milk oozed out.

“Help yourself–the milky bars are on me!” I giggled and you can imagine what happened next.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh my!

Just another quiet evening in the household then...

The girls wanting to know if/when they'll be able to breast feed, Danny having quite a different reaction, and Simon quipping jokes like mad.

Then there was a curry incident - ne'er a truer case of "Eat thy words" - followed by Cathy finding a very different kind of baby to breastfeed...

Meanwhile, just two more days until the next big milestone, and 13 until four ones...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

The Rising

Simon should get Danny a copy of Bruce Springsteen's The Rising. I believe that boy had a rising event.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

Haha!

The wonders of euphemisms... it's fairly certain the blood pressure in a certain part of his anatomy increased, and once upstairs he used a tried and tested method to reduce it... in a rather entertaining manner.

(I really must start listening to ISIHAC more to pick up tips from the adventures of "the lovely Samantha"... plenty of euphemisms and double entendres - yet the powers that be think they're obscure enough to broadcast at 6:30pm)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

LOL

Sitting here reading about Simon, Tom and the curry incident (“It cannae be tae hot, lassie”) had me chuckling away. Definitely a way of making them eat their words!

Thanks A+B: it truly was a comedic moment.

Powerful Stuff


Bike Resources

I Can't Believe That Cathy Would Be So Shocked

jengrl's picture

I can't believe Cathy would be so shocked about Trish talking about Jesus. They are going to a Catholic school and being taught by nuns after all. Hopefully, she won't come down on Trish too hard when she does say something to her.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

More classic lines

And I didn't think, Ang, that you were old enough to remember "The milky bars are on me!”

Susie

Milky Bar Kid

Greetings

The original Milky Bar Kid made his debut in 1961 and has been played by a number of actors. The first was Michael Mayne, in 2007, William Ray took over the role.

So you don't have to be that old to remember where to get your Milky Bars.

Brian

More classic lines

And I didn't think, Ang, that you were old enough to remember "The milky bars are on me!”

Susie

Lucky ol'e Simon.

It's a strange one but it's wierd how men sometimes change their perspective of tits when their wife/pertner starts to feed the baby.
Now the tits become breasts and he want's to taste it. They nearly always want to try it and I think it's because they know they've probably done it as a baby but they can never rememeber what it was like.
Ah well Cathy, enjoy it girl.
The kids sitting around gaping in wonder is another lovely image to conjour with.

Loving it.

Love and hugs,

OXOXOX.

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

Seems Simon's is a momma's boy :)

Thank you Ang for keeping us abreast of this family of fru - errrrr eccentrics!

Well at least Cathy is consistent and short of an obvious miracle while she is awake there seems nothing that could change her stubbornly held views. Even if that happens, she's gonna sulk for a week as either she is gonna keep kicking herself for being stupid or she resents the fact that science is not sufficient to explain and she is at a mercy of something that cannot be fully comprehended or quantified.

Well, Simon needs to keep his appetites in check as Cathy has to feed her babe and Simon can just sulk all he wants. The Big Baby should learn to take care of himself for a change.

As for the children, this will certainly put the fox among the hens as there is the possibility of jealousy once the novelty of the baby wears off. Cathy is gonna be far more bonded with the little one and spend a lot more attention with her so you know how that goes. If she involves the rest in caring for the baby then it can be ameliorated.

Kim

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1098

That'll teach Gramps to ask for curry! And love the ongoing bit about Cathy and her lactating.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Ouch...

Can't have it to hot, huh...

My wife preferred the battery powered device for expressing the milk - rather than the hand pump. But, eahc have their advantages.

We also put it in Ice trays in the freezer - the cubes were about one ounce each - so it made it easy to reheat. Put in the nurser bottle - melt in hot water... until a drop on the wrist feels warm - not hot. Yep, worked fine. (Note: For anyone that cares. Our pediatricians said to NOT put the breast milk in the microwave. They claimed it broke down some of the stuff in the "good" milk that the babies needed. I dunno, we just heated the stuff the old fashioned way, and both daughters seemed to appreciate.

Poor Danny... And, Simon. I dunno what he went through. I know what I was feeling when my wife was breast feeding. Envy!!!

Thanks,
Annette

Interesting Story

Story remains interesting after so many chapters. I started
reading the story a few weeks back. I am about chapter 15
but read this one out of curiosity. One thing I don't have
to worry about is withdrawal symptoms once I get hooked on
the characters. I have a lot of ground to cover. Thanks
for an interesting story.

Am I the only one who feels a little sorry for Tom

He ruined his curry. Yes, he did it himself but still sad to see him not able to enjoy his favorite meal.

Simon and Cathy relationship seems to be getting stronger with the new twist.

Cathy and Religion

Now wasn’t either the time or place to have a word with her

Sometimes Cathy isn't so much different from someone like Julie's parents. Julie's parents didn't understand about Julie, so instead of trying to understand, they tried to stop her. Cathy doesn't agree with religion and therefore seems to want to stop Trish. I wonder how bad Cathy's reaction woud be if Trish asked if she could go to church one Sunday.

I think most of us are envious,

I know I am. Cathy is going to have to feed two gluttons looks like.

Should have baked some cookies to go with the milk.

Ok, four girls wishing to express milk, one teenager expressing something else, Simon wanting to suckle , and a baby suckling mom's milk.
Oh yeah, an old man suckling ice water.
Sounds just like my house, how about yours ?

Cefin