Junior

Printer-friendly version

Junior
A Vignette
By Maryanne Peters

I am attaching an image of me with your son, Satchell Willis Junior. I know that you had different plans for him. I know that you wanted him to pass on that ridiculous name down to another generation of self-entitled assholes, so I hope that you will get the message that it is not going to happen.

Picture4_0.jpg

She goes by Saffron these days. It is a bright color and full of flavor. It suits her better than being named after a piece of luggage, in a long line of such empty containers.

You never really understood me, did you Satch? You thought that I was just another classy bitch you could use as a breeder and discard in favor of yet another overly-pretty secretary. Well, I am not a woman who is easily discarded. Saffy should be proof of that.

Oh, don’t worry. She is happy with her present state. She may not have been at the start, but now she is of an age when all girls thank God they were born to be women, even though she wasn’t.

What is she hiding under her hands? Perhaps you wish that she might not be completely your daughter? Well, I’m sorry Satch, but there won’t be any Willis seed coming forth from these loins. I expect that there may be a whole lot going in. She really is very attractive, don’t you think? Perhaps you can imagine her being rocked by some football jock, that being the type of man she favors. I am talking about real men, not sniveling trust fund frat boys like you were, and Junior almost.

I never should have married you, Satch. I never should have given birth to the son that you expected would follow you and treat me like dog shit on the sole of your shoe. Well, I am pleased to announce that will not happen. She is a daughter now – my daughter. We do everything together.

I won’t be a grandmother but I don’t care about that. I have a daughter for my lifetime, but following your prostate surgery you have to face the reality that this line of luggage stops with you, Satch. No more worthless bags carrying that stupid name.

The End

© Maryanne Peters 2024

Author's Note: When I post a "captioned image" like this one on Big Closet I generally avoid anything less than 1,000 words, and this is only 372 words including the title. But there is a box for under 500 and here is a story that I hope readers might enjoy. I think that at least two of the characters are well defined even in only these few words, and as for junior ... ? I found this image somewhere and it struck me as quite odd - I detected a trace of a sneer on the seated woman's face, or am I deluded?
Maryanne

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Junior

Cheeky! you ought to post this one on FM or Lit (use your illustration).I'll give you a 5.