Tammy:Moving On - Chapter 27 "Age matters"

Printer-friendly version
Moving On  

Part
 
Twenty Seven

 

"Age matters"

 

 
Saturday 13th May 2017 (Cont)
 

Tammy had received one further call from Marcus at six. He wasn't happy.

"Bloody Cooper. He turned down the dinner proposal with the Black Watch."

"So he's on his way here?"

"Correct, unfortunately. He won't have made himself popular with the regiment."

"What was his excuse?"

"Urgent family matters, he said."

"So I will get to have some fun, after all."

"Tammy, if I could get up there; I would."

"In any case, if I recall wasn't he due here tomorrow?"

"That was the original information, but he obviously moved his plans up."

"Well, I spoke with the Hotel manager again. Cooper does now have a room booked for tonight, athough at first he only had tomorrow night booked."

"Regardless of that, Lieutenant Smart, you are ordered to stand down and do not engage him."

"Really, Marcus?"

"That's Captain Wade!"

"Sod off, I'm on home ground and surrounded by people who know me. If I stand here and do nothing then it would look very difficult for me."

"I remember what you said earlier. Are you armed?"

"Not unless you include the heels I'll be wearing later."

"Sometimes ...."

".... you'll let me do it my way, which usually works."

"Can I have a promise?"

"What for?"

"You will not take the law into your own hands."

"Sure."

"That doesn't fill me with confidence, Tammy."

"That's the best I can do. Ultimately, nothing could happen."

"Unlikely, but true."

"Equally, Cooper could be a total arsehole?"

"More likely, but I'd guess that it'll be somewhere between the two."

"Fine, I'll let you know. Bye, Marcus."

Tammy had no intention of getting herself inebriated so her single, albeit large, glass of wine had survived Joanne's departure and wasn't quite finished when Joan arrived.

"Tamara Smart, what are you doing?"

"Waiting for you, Mum."

"And how much have you drunk?"

"One glass, just this one. It's lasted well over an hour. I've been drinking water as well, check with the bar if you don't believe me."

"Calm down, young lady, and put that attitude away. I suggest you go and get yourself changed, so long as you're still capable?"

Tammy took the shoebox and bag off Joan then picked up her new dress and personal belongings. A set of keys remained on the table and Tammy now struggled to pick those up as well.

"Would you like a hand?"

"Please."

"Where are you going?"

"Frances has let me use a room on the first floor."

Joan took the shoes and dress whilst Tammy carried the rest. Over by the bar she could see Richard and Angela, but mother and daughter headed for the lift.

Once Tammy was zipped into the dress she sat to apply her make-up, using what she carried daily, but taking more time and care. The intention was for an older and more sophisticated look. The frock and haircut would add to the final product. Joan decided to head back to the bar although she first had a question.

"Those are quite the stilts. Are they necessary?"

"For tonight, yes."

"You could have got away with three inch heels, possible less?"

"I would rather not keep picking up the hem."

"I've not seen them before."

"It's the first time I've worn them out actually, and the perfect choice for tonight."

"Where did they come from?"

"A gift, from an American I worked with last year. They came for my birthday."

Joan accepted this and left the room but Tammy wasn't assured by her own words. She left the shoes until last, taking a moment to find her balance. She transferred the essentials to her smaller evening bag then took everything down one floor. She found the hotel manager, Frances, by his office.

"Quite lovely, Miss Smart. Was everything acceptable?"

"It was, thank you. Could I place these in your office until later?"

"You'll be back before the bar closes?"

"I will."

Tammy returned to the bar just carrying her small bag. Her feet had adjusted to the Christian Louboutain pumps and she confidently strode to where her family was waiting. Cathy had also arrived, accompanied by the three girls, Daisy, Florence and Linda.

"Wow!" Was the collective opinion of the teenagers. Richard wasn't entirely certain that Tammy's attire was suitable, even though she was covered from neck to ankle.

"What's this in aid of, Tammy?"

"What do you mean, Cathy?"

"I know plenty of women who will change their hairstyle and buy a new frock just for one dinner, but you're not like most women."

"Maybe I'm not, but I would never ask you, or mum, to justify your clothing choices - even perhaps where a wardrobe malfunction was possible?"

Richard was sat between the two girls and stood quickly, his face full of displeasure. He looked first at Cathy and then at Tammy before excusing himself. Tammy watched him cross the bar towards the gents loo.

Cathy was smiling and pulled Tammy into a hug. She whispered into the younger girl's ear. "You do look wonderful tonight, and maybe just a few years older. What's it all for?"

"I needed a change of look for the weekend."

"That haircut won't grow back in a few days."

"I know, but it's just tonight or the next few days that matter."

"What's going on?"

"Hopefully nothing, but potentially an antisocial problem."

"Look after yourself."

"Yes Aunt Cathy."

It was approaching seven thirty so the group walked the short distance to the Italian restaurant on Trail Street. Tammy ended up at the back, walking with Angela.

"I heard what Cathy said, what are you really doing tonight?"

"Hopefully I'll have a nice meal. I don't want any complications."

"Somehow I doubt that."

"Whatever. Where's Suzie?"

"In Inverness, she had a job interview earlier today and won't be back until late."

"I didn't know."

"She didn't want you to know, in case you decided to call the company."

"Ouch, as if?"

"Yes, why do you think we don't tell you what we're up to?"

"To be honest, I don't ask as you have your own lives."

"Well, you wouldn't have been told anything, we don't want to become involved in your games."

"Thanks, but I don't play games."

"Really, like us being shot at and kidnapped?"

"I don't choose when and where things happen?"

"Really? Where shall I avoid tonight?"

"You don't want to know."

"If it concerns the safety of everyone here, then I think I do."

"Look, if you are going home from the restaurant then you have nothing to worry about."

"That doesn't help."

They'd reached the tiny Italian, so Angela stopped her mild interrogation. Tammy ended up with her father and Linda for company.

"How are the exams going, Linda?"

"They haven't started yet, I thought I'd be revising tonight."

"There's the rest of the weekend to do that."

"Yeah, but my mum is coming up tomorrow so I'm expected to be with her."

"That's understandable, but she won't arrive until late morning?"

"Eleven, I was told."

"So you still get some time to study. Is she on her own?"

"I hope so, I doubt Dad will try to come here."

"Did you hear from your solicitor?"

"Yes, that's why Mum wants to see me. She has some papers from her own solicitor that I need to see. Miss Masters has said she will be there."

Tammy ordered a glass of wine and suffered a glare from Joan.

"Take it easy, Tammy."

"Dad, not you as well?"

"I'm a little concerned."

"I've had one glass of wine so far tonight, and that was the first all week. I don't see anyone else being chastised and yet all the adults had a drink back at the hotel?"

"Well, just be careful."

"I am, but it does no harm to have a glass or two with a meal."

"That depends on what you're doing after the meal?"

"That much I'm not too sure about, yet."

"Are you expecting trouble?"

"Possibly but I'm hoping to just be an observer."

"So that's the reason for the new hairstyle?"

"Perhaps, although I was due for a change anyway. I just want to sit in a corner, out of the way, and watch to see if anything happens."

"That doesn't sound like you? Are you, um, carrying, um, something?"

"No."

Tammy turned he head towards Florence and listened as best she could. The girl had already started her A Level exams but wasn't heading to university in the autumn, Tammy resolved to find out what was going on.

It wasn't long before the starter dishes arrived and the conversations dwindled.

Tammy went in search of the loo once her dish was clear. She was washing her hands when Joan came in.

"Don't give your father a hard time."

"Hold on, I didn't. We didn't have an argument and we don't have a problem." Tammy left before Joan could answer.

When she returned to her seat she found the table had been swapped around and Cathy was now to her right, although the main course was now being served.

Tammy decided not to raise anything with Cathy, but to wait to see if she had anything to add. Tammy was very aware that if she had whispered conversations with the adults at the table then the three teenagers would soon realise that something was afoot.

There was another pause after the main course and Tammy again took advantage of the ladies' loo. Florence was waiting when she exited the cubicle.

"What's going on?"

"Pardon?"

"I'm not blind, and neither is my sister. We know enough that there's trouble brewing."

"And you both will be going home once we've finished the meal."

"What about the hotel?"

"No under eighteens after nine in the evening."

"I am old enough! My birthday was in January!"

"Daisy and Linda aren't."

"Damn."

"Look, it might ..." The door opened and Cathy put her head in.

"Dessert is being served, if you're finished?"

Florence needed to dash into the cubicle whereas Tammy washed her hands and returned to the table, gaining a stare from Daisy.

It was approaching nine when they exited from the restaurant.

"Can we stay with Aunt Tammy?" Florence asked Cathy.

"No, I have called Jonathon and he's on his way here to collect us."

"But Aunt Tammy will make sure we get home?"

"No!"

Cathy turned to Tammy, "what have you said to them?"

"That it's too late for them to go to the hotel and they are going straight home."

"Is that true, Florence?"

"Yes, but ... I wanted to stay."

"Then the answer is definitely no. All three of you have revision to do in the morning."

"But I'm eighteen!"

"And I still say you're coming home. Ah, what timing! Here's our transport."

A second vehicle pulled in behind, which Joan and Angela headed towards.

"Did you want me to stay?"

"No, Dad."

"How will you get home?"

"A cab."

"Please tell me you'll stay safe?"

"Of course I will."

Tammy watched as the two vehicles pulled away, leaving her on the pavement. Suddenly she felt very alone and wondered if she was being watched. She picked up her skirt and made her way back to the Castletown Hotel.

Although most of the tables were in use, the only people she recognised in the bar were Andrew & Neale Fraser who were on their usual high stools next to the bar. Tammy noticed their glasses were empty so grabbed the free stool next to Neale and ordered a round.

"You shouldn't do that Miss Smart."

"I want to, plus it's fortuitous that you're here."

"We're usually here on Saturday night."

"Except when you're working."

"Including when we're working. And especially when you are spending the evening down town."

Tammy got the hint. "Okay, then we can both ignore that we're here on business?"

"Perhaps, but I hope you're not going to cause any trouble?"

"Far from my plan, but someone is due on the next train and they may be a problem?"

"Do you have a name?"

"Lt Colonel Cooper."

Neale looked at Andrew and then back at Tammy.

"You did say Cooper, Miss Smart?"

"Yes."

"I see."

"Right, boys, what's up? Are you waiting for him as well?"

"Err, that's an operational matter."

"So, who called? Military Police?"

Neale stared at Tammy then looked around to see who was in listening range. "Yes."

"Did they say why?"

"No, at least we don't know much except there might be an altercation. Your name wasn't mentioned."

"Good." Tammy decided to change the subject before they were overheard. "Tell me, do you have a game this weekend?"

"Yes, we were away in Inverness today."

"I must come to a shinty game soon."

"It's the middle of the season so there's plenty of time. We're playing at home at Viewfirth Field, next Saturday."

"Okay."

Tammy was careful that she just sipped her wine, it had to last a while, although she now also had a glass of iced water to chase the wine.

From her position she couldn't see the hotel's main door, but knew that the Fraser brothers would let her know if anything was happening. She took to people watching and exchanged the odd word with the boys.

"One thing, Neale?"

"What's that, Miss Smart?"

"Please call me Tammy tonight, Cooper only knows me as Lieutenant Smart."

"Understood, what about the bar staff?"

"I haven't said anything to them, Frances knows I'm waiting for him though."

"Leave that with us."

Neale had offered to refill her wine glass but she turned him down, deciding that she had reached her limit, for now. Tammy took herself off to the loo without choosing her next drink.

She decided to freshen up and spent longer in the ladies than planned. As she left the loo, she was almost hit with a case.

"Idiot! You nearly hit that lady."

Tammy kept walking and didn't look back. Cooper was stood in the way whilst a porter brought cases from a waiting taxi through the side door, Cooper was distracting the porter and that was causing issues for foot traffic in and out of both rest rooms. Tammy settled back on her stool and ordered a blackcurrant and soda water.

"There's no charge Miss Tammy."

She put her purse away. The Fraser brothers were now watching the ongoing situation the far side of the bar. Frances had arrived and Tammy guessed he wanted Cooper to go up to his room but Cooper pulled out a hip flask, demonstrated that it was empty and ordered a double Scotch.

The Army officer took a seat and Frances hurried to the bar, Tammy spotted that the barman was using the 'house' whisky instead of one of the many single malts. Frances caught her eye and briefly shook his head before taking the glass across to Cooper. Other guests had arrived near the same time and Frances wanted to deal with them but Cooper wasn't finished.

Tammy couldn't hear what was being said, at first, but he clearly wasn't happy with Frances, especially when the hotel manager shook his head. "But I haven't eaten since lunchtime and I need food!"

Frances expressed with his hands that the kitchen was closed, pointing at the bar clock.

"I don't fecking care!"

Frances withdrew and Tammy saw him go through the kitchen door. All conversation had ended and eyes were now directed at the small guy with the loud voice.

"I should tell him to mind his manners!"

"No, Miss Tammy, we'd prefer you don't. Frances will tell us if he needs us, it's his place."

"Understood."

Tammy just watched, albeit partially hidden behind a wooden pillar. It wasn't long before Cooper was waving his empty glass at the bar, a barman went over and quietly spoke to him.

"Of course I want another bloody double!"

The barman looked at Andrew and shook his head but continued to prepare the drink. Tammy tried to size the hip flask and guessed that it had contained eight to ten shots of Scotch, so this was probably Cooper's sixth or seventh double. It was purely a guestimate, but would do for now and fitted her perception of his current state..

A plate was delivered and was clearly not what Cooper had asked for, but he seemed to calm down and started to eat. Frances came to the bar and spoke to the barman. Andrew seemed to hear what was going on but gave no hint as to what was discussed.

Behind Tammy the street door opened then closed, Andrew looked over then looked at Tammy before resuming his gaze on the person who had entered. Tammy's bag was on the floor so she slipped off the stool and bent down to obtain a tissue from it. This gave her the opportunity to turn around.

She spotted Joey stood near the door and looking around the room. The barman was clearing glasses and walked over to her.

"Excuse me Miss, we don't allow under eighteens in here after nine o'clock."

"I was looking for someone."

"Josephine!"

She froze and turned towards the voice, spotting her father. The bar went quiet.

"Josephine, you come here right now!"

"No!"

"I gave you an order!"

"Sod off! I'm not one of your soldiers to bully! I hate you! I don't know why I came here." Joey made for the door.

Behind Tammy, the Fraser brothers had also slipped off their stools, but Tammy was blocking access to the door. Cooper now ran across the bar and went to grab Joey, who screamed. Tammy faked loosing her balance, throwing herself at Cooper and floored him.

"Clumsy fecking woman, this isn't your concern. Get off!" Cooper demanded.

Tammy hissed quietly. "Au contraire, Lt Colonel Cooper, it is my concern. You are harassing my employee."

Tammy felt a tap on her shoulder and reluctantly got off the small man. He struggled to his feet and was then handcuffed.

"What? Release me! I..am a Lieutenant Colonel, do you hear?"

"You do not have to say anything but ...." Cooper was cautioned.

Tammy reached Joey, pulled her out of the way, then led the seventeen year old to low seating away from the bar entrance.

"I didn't recognise you at first."

"The plan was that your Dad couldn't recognise me too quickly. Why did you come?"

"I don't know, maybe I thought he'd changed. Mum said he had."

"Leopards rarely change their spots."

"Yeah."

"What did he do, why are you afraid of him?"

"I don't like being near him."

"Did he touch you?"

Joey shivered. "No, not really."

"Look, I really think you should see someone about this. The police are going to want a statement from you, and me."

"Do I have to?"

"No, but that's up to you. I can still say that he was going to assault you, there's plenty of witnesses."

Andrew now walked over. "Excuse me Miss Smart, you are not coaching the witness?"

"Victim, surely?"

"Well, Miss Cooper, could you come with me? Our Sergeant would like a word."

"If Tammy stays with me."

"She needs to stay here so I can arrange for her statement as well."

"Oh."

"Joey, I'll be here. If it's Sergeant St James then you're in safe hands."

Cooper was taken away fifteen minutes later, he was subdued and it looked as if the alcohol was working. Conversation in the bar was returning to normal levels, but newcomers were surprised to see Police in the bar.

Frances came over. "He wasn't a nice man."

"I won't argue with you."

"He asked if you were in the bar, I said I hadn't seen you for several hours."

"Oh well, so he now knows I use this place."

"He's barred, of course."

"Fair enough, Frances."

"Was that his daughter?"

"Yes, she works for me."

"I see. Would you like your belongings?"

"Please Frances."

Tammy's blackcurrant and soda was refreshed and she sat waiting, pondering if she could call a taxi.

Joey returned after fifteen minutes, with Sgt Stuart St James in tow. "Good evening Miss Smart."

"Good evening."

"It's rather strange that you're involved in this, Miss Smart, and I'm told you knew several days ago that Mr Cooper was coming here."

"Perhaps." She glared at Joey.

"Well, I'd like your statement, but we are purely going to concentrate on the events here and not anything that happened yesterday."

Tammy's statement turned out to be rather short. She identified herself as an employer of the victim who was enjoying a post-meal drink when the incident happened. Stuart seemed happy with the finished version and Tammy concurred. "Sign here, and here, and here."

"Miss Cooper, could you come along to the police station in the morning?"

"Why? You have my statement?"

"We'd like a further chat with you."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No."

Tammy decided to intervene. "What time is she due there?"

"I need to confirm, but ten or eleven."

"I'll arrange for a solicitor."

"That's quite unnecessary."

"From a Policing point of view, perhaps, but I believe my employee is vulnerable and at risk, she therefore needs legal support. By the way she's seventeen."

"Are you? You told me you were older?" Joey nodded, and blushed.

Tammy continued. "The solicitor will also be the appropriate adult, in this case. However, you need to tear up her statement, don't you."

"Indeed. So we'll have to redo that as well, tomorrow."

Tammy decided her night was over and needed to call one of the local cab companies for a ride home, although she'd get Joey to her door first.

"I don't want to be alone."

"Come back with me then." Tammy suggested then turned to the barman. "Could you call for a taxi?"

"Where are you going?"

"Dunbankin."

"By the McPherson estate?"

"That's it."

"I'll let them know that two young ladies need a car urgently!"

"Thank you."

 
Sunday 14th May 2017
 

The rest of the family had gone to bed by the time Tammy and Joey reached the house. Tammy wasn't sure if the guest room was available but she'd put her head in the door and smelt fresh paint so that was out of the question.

Tammy woke, finding Joey wrapped around her. Tammy's bladder rang the morning alarm so she needed to extract herself soon. She left Joey asleep and nipped into the bathroom. The clock said it was just before eight. Tammy hadn't completely cleaned her make-up off the previous night so spent a couple of minutes wiping away smears. A shower would fix the rest. Tammy dried her face and went back into the bedroom.

"Good morning."

"I thought you were still asleep?"

"No, but I was listening to your breathing until you got out of bed!"

"Err, I'm having second thoughts that this was a good idea."

"Why? Nothing happened."

"Joey, one, you're under eighteen, two you're an employee and three ...."

"Look, Tammy, that was the best night's sleep I've had for months."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I don't trust the locks on the flat I rent and I was petrified Dad would turn up at Mum's."

"Okay, I need coffee before any hard thinking. Get yourself freshened and grab the wrap on the back of the bathroom door."

Tammy slipped on a wrap that was in the wardrobe and matched the nightie she was wearing. Joey had asked for pyjamas but Tammy didn't have any available, two pairs were in her grab bag. Joey had ended up in a sleep tee with a feminine bunny image on the front and Tammy had expected an argument but hadn't received much more than than "ta" when handing it to her late the previous evening.

They landed in the kitchen at just the same time everyone else did. That meant all the introductions could be done in one go but Suzie was clearly shocked. She took Tammy to one side.

"So she replaced me and then you screwed her?"

"No, she needed a safe place for the night. She has to give a statement, probably two, later."

"Oh."

"How did the interview go?"

"Dunno."

"Eh?"

"I did it by phone so didn't go there."

"You told Angela you were going to Inverness?"

"That was for your benefit. Anyway, what did I miss?"

"Nothing much."

Tammy left Joey in the kitchen and went into the study. She pulled up Kelly Master's phone number.

"I'm sorry to trouble you on a Sunday, but I need your services."

"I already have a booking today Miss Smart."

"With Linda Smythe and Cathy McPherson."

"Yes, I'm due there at eleven."

"One of my employees is seventeen and was involved in an altercation with her father last night in the Castletown Hotel. She needs an appropriate adult for the interview but there is also a suspicion of abuse, which the police want to investigate."

"I see, does she have an interview booked?"

"It's down for today but there's no time yet."

"Leave that with me, can you bring her to the McPhersons at, say, one?"

"Sure."

"What's her name?"

"Josephine Cooper, known as Joey."

"Okay, thanks."

Tammy returned to the kitchen where Joan was interrogating the young lady. Tammy suggested they had breakfast then went down to the office.

"Hold on Tammy."

"Mum?"

"Cathy has invited us to lunch."

"Oh."

"I'm sure one more won't be a problem?"

"Probably not, can you let Cathy know?"

They had a bowl of cereal and took toast upstairs.

"You need a shower, but we'll have to find you something to wear."

"Can't I just put my jeans and sweatshirt back on?"

"They'll be in the washing machine by now. I know my jeans won't fit you."

"Oh."

"I have a new pack of knickers, but there's no way you're the same bra size as me."

"I wear a minimiser, Dad used to tease me about my boobs when I was growing up, I think he was obsessed by them. I started using bandages and then found these minimiser bras." Joey reached for a strap and pulled it, to show Tammy. "I'll put this one back on."

"It at least needs washing, but constantly wearing them isn't good for you. What's your real size?"

"34b I think."

"Hold on."

Tammy went digging through her drawers and came back with a plain size 36b. "Try this." She pushed Joey into the bathroom with the undies.

Meanwhile Tammy went through her racks and rails looking for something that would fit the girl, brewing a plan in the process. She left two outfits on her bed and went to the toast, which of course was cold. She spread some marmalade and had a munch whilst checking the day's online news.

Joey came out of the bathroom with a towel around her neck, Tammy pointed at the outfit and suggested she tried that, or found something for herself. A moment later Tammy was in the bathroom and the shower went back on.

Tammy realised, as she was drying herself, that she hadn't taken any clean undies with her. She carefully wrapped a towel and ventured back, a little surprised to see Joey dressed as Tammy had suggested.

"I guess you really don't have any jeans that would fit me?"

"Nope, but how does that feel?"

"Comfortable. I think I need some new bras."

Tammy found what she wanted and turned about as she shed the towel to pull on her knickers and bra. She reached for the leggings and slipped the jumper over her head. Whilst not identical, the pair were dressed very similarly. For Joey this wasn't a full-on feminine clothing exercise but it was a nudge in that direction.

What surprised Tammy the most was the total lack of objection from the youngster.

"Did you want to do something with your hair?"

"I just tie it back usually."

"Why not use grips instead, there's a load of them on my dressing table."

"Oh, it's been a long time."

"Just be comfortable, if you want to tie it up then do that."

"Okay, thanks Tammy."

up
378 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Influence

Podracer's picture

So much of Joey's presentation and behaviour must be a reaction to Lt. Col. Creep's "fathering".
Hey, the bad people should get the idea by now that stomping (or sneaking) up to Thurso doesn't usually end well.

"Reach for the sun."

Males

I hope that the penalties for Cooper are severe enough to put him off. I do hope that Tammy does not have to shoot him. Since he is male, I expect that it will take a very strong deterrent. It looks like he has completely duped Mom. Typical.

:)

Gwen

Curious

0.25tspgirl's picture

I don’t understand why everyone in authority is so suspicious of Tammy. She only involves herself when asked or if she needs to protect someone or herself. Her level of response is always dictated by the opposition. She’s a Gary Cooper heroine.

BAK 0.25tspgirl

Prejudice

I've been at this for years and prejudice rears its head without warning. These folk know her from before, and some may think she can still screw females. Dumb bastards.

Much peace

Gwen

Tammy fun

WillowD's picture

Now this is Tammy fun at it's best. And we've learned a lot more about Josephine. I'm looking forward to finding out what her father knows and does about Tammy.

Wonderful story,

Shiraz ,you and Alecia have invented a new character ,a female James Bond !! "The name is Smart ,Tammy Smart " and as she gets older she is slowly becoming more astute and so much more smarter . A welcome story to start my Sunday morning.
Cooper will not ' be amused ' being handcuffed and led away by Military Police .

The term ...

... Jane Bond 003 1/2 has been used in this story, I believe :)

Smart By Name

joannebarbarella's picture

And Smart by nature too. She used the minimum amount of force to subdue the objectionable and drunk Lt. Col. and did not reveal her identity.
I wonder if the incident will impact on his military career. A posting to South Georgia would seem to be appropriate.

And what a great writing team!

posting to South Georgia

Oh, yes, a new generation has hatched so the penguins need to be recounted :)

I think it is going to be more along the lines

I think it is going to be more along the lines of being a guest at Her Majesty's Pleasure.
Or as you might say in the US of A. A trip to the big house. (is that the right saying?)

Funny!

"Including when we're working. And especially when you are spending the evening down town."

I take it that local Security Services put up "Tamara Smart is in town!" alerts ...

Sod off!

Jamie Lee's picture

That seems to be a favorite saying but for some reason the message never gets through the thick skulls hearing it.

Marcus should know by know what Tammy's reaction will be when he tells her to stay out of it or leave it along. Sod off! He should also know by now how Tammy feels about his authority over her, after all her warnings that proved true but were ignored.

With the brothers waiting to arrest father Cooper he must really be in dutch. Or else why would the brothers have an arrest warrant?

As usual, Tammy was told to sit it out and did, until the trouble put her in the middle of it. And in Tammy fashion she aided in ending the trouble by faking it.

They get of Tammy's case for doing nothing when they felt she should have done something. Then they get on her case when she does something and they felt she shouldn't have done anything. Tammy can never win for losing.

Going after Joey as he did was not a smart move, in front of all those witnesses. But Cooper didn't care about witnesses as he only wanted to get his hands on Joey.

What happens with Joey now, now that her dad knows where she lives? Or will he have others problems occupying his time?

Others have feelings too.