TTSD 6: Leave no I undotted

Printer-friendly version

TTSD 6: Leave no I undotted

Last time: Dot was assaulted by an induced flashback, and Chris chose to wear a dress again to be able to comfort her.

I next regained consciousness laying in a bed in the medical unit of the school.

To my amazement, Chris was still there, and still in the dress the Hugglebug had given him.

And I knew I needed to tell him.

“Chris? I have to say . . . Chris, I love you.”

He smiled at me, and said, “you have been ‘telling’ me that for a while now.”

I blushed, and said, “Maybe I have, but I still wanted to say it out loud.”

I then noticed how quiet everything was, and asked “Where is everybody?”

“The students have been asked to return to their dorms, and stay there for now. Your mom is on the warpath looking for evidence that will lead to whoever attacked you.” Chris told me.

“But . . . I just had a flashback. What’s this about an attack?” I asked.

“No. I’ve seen you having a flashback. This was different. This was a mental assault.” He stated firmly.

“You’ve . . . seen me having a flashback? Oh. of course you have.” I said with a sigh.

“Yes, Dot. Which is why I was willing to put on this dress again. But what you experienced was something worse. Something cruel. And your mom, and me, and everybody we can recruit is going to work on finding out who did it.”

I laid there for a moment, stunned at the revelation that what I had experienced was not a flashback, but a mental attack. Finally, I asked Chris “Who would do such a thing?”

“We don’t know, but we’re going to find out.” He replied.

“Good.” I stated, “But I still feel kind of guilty for you having to put on that dress.”

“They’re just clothes, Dot. Nothing to get too excited about.” He replied with a smile.

I sighed, and said, “Well, if I’m being honest, one of us is a little excited about you being dressed like that.”

“Dottie!” He exclaimed.

“Well, it's not like you can't tell, right? I might as well be honest, both with you and myself.” I said while blushing, then I sighed, and added, “God, I am so mixed up. I got a thing for a boy dressed in girl’s clothes.”

“There are a lot worse things you could have, Dot.” Chris told me, “Besides, I never said I didn’t find this . . . pleasant.”

“Really?” I asked.

He blushed, and said, “Well, if you’re going to be honest, I better be as well. I love you Dot, and I would do this for that reason alone. But there are some . . . enjoyable sensations about being dressed like this.”

I giggled, then yawned, and said, “Well, I am finding being all honest with each other is wearing me out. I think I’m going to close my eyes for a bit”

“Good idea, Dot. You rest.” Chris replied.

I closed my eyes, and as I drifted off, I couldn’t help but giggle about the whole situation. Who could have possibly guessed this is how my life as a girl would go?

While I slept, I saw my thoughts as a path, so I followed the path. It started with my abilities. I had changed reality to give myself a second chance of life as my own daughter, and things since then, I have had an urge to create.

I have created designs for clothes, but more importantly, I have created a hugglebug, a small flying machine with the ability to create clothes out of thin air. Not to mention it seemed to have a personality, as it has acted without my instructions more than once.

The path veered away from my own powers, so I followed, and found myself thinking about Chris, and especially his power. I couldn’t even imagine how he kept himself sane with all that information constantly coming in.

But he was more than simply sane, he was kind, one of the kindest people I have ever met in my life.

Then the path led to what had happened to me. That it had been a mental attack was shocking enough, but thinking about what kind of person would do such a thing was worse.

Plus there was the question of how to find out who did it. The biggest asset they would have in the investigation would be Chris with his sight, but he’s here taking care of me, so what can the staff do instead?

The path of my thoughts ended, with me having more questions than answers, but despite this, I fell into a deeper sleep.

Eventually, I woke, and saw that Chris was nodding, so I told him, “You should try and catch some sleep too. Whoever attacked me is probably lying low and won't try again for now.”

“I’m not sure we can rely on that, Dot.” Chris replied.

“But you need to be able to rest too.” I pointed out.

“The only place I can rest is in my room in the dorm. They put up some shielding so I don’t have to get everything at once.”

He paused, and grinned, and then said, “I guess I could take you to my room.”

I slapped his hand, and said, “I don’t think we’re ready for THAT just yet.”

He chuckled, and said, “Not like that! It's just . . . you could have the bed, I can sleep sitting in my computer chair.”

A different voice said, “Good Idea”, and my mother entered the room.

“Any progress, Mrs. Brown?” Chris asked.

“Just enough to make us worried,” My mom responded.

“Can Chris help?” I asked.

“Not right at the moment. You both can help best by being safe, and Chris’ room is probably the most secure place we can get to quickly.” My mom told us.

“We can use the emergency tunnels. They go from here in the medical unit to the dorms.” Chris said.

“How do you . . . Oh. Right.” My mom stated while shaking her head.

Mom led us to the tunnels, and quickly we made our way to our dorm, and up to Chris’ room.

To my surprise, my hugglebug was waiting for us, and it had some cloth and string in its “hands”.

“What’s your bug holding, Dot?” Chris asked.

“I . . . think it’s a way for me to help the search.” I replied.

“Rest first.” My mother stated firmly.

I could tell she was serious, so I climbed into Chris’ bed. Chris grabbed one of the blankets, and got as comfortable as possible in his computer chair.

Once we were settled, my mom turned out the lights, and said, “I’m counting on you two to control yourselves. You both need REST, not anything more . . . strenuous.”

I yawned, and said, “We’ll be good, mom.”

“What she said”, Chris added.

My mom shook head, and left, closing the door behind her.

I woke to find Chris sleeping in his chair, and no longer feeling tired, I took the supplies my hugglebug had given me and went to work on my idea.

The end result was a small cloth doll, wearing a dress much like the one Chris was still in, but with a much more feminine face.

I glanced over at Chris and hoped he wouldn’t be insulted by the resemblance, and decided to make some changes so it wouldn’t be as close a copy.

Then I did something my magic teacher called Imbuing my Intention.

Which basically meant I gave the doll instructions, a personality, and a name.

I named her Taffeta.

Once I was satisfied with what I had done, I opened the door to the hallway and let the little creature out, so it could begin its mission.

To find out who attacked me, and why.

Once she was on her way, I returned to Chris’ bed and quickly fell asleep.

I knew that Chris would do all he could, once he got some rest. And now maybe Taffeta would help too.

No matter what, I wanted to find out who did this, and why.

And I wanted to make sure it never happened again . . .

To be continued - I hope

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hugglebug

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Dot, this touch of sweetness was just what I needed right now. Thanks, woman!

Emma

Chris is awesome!

There's not a whole lotta guys who'd wear a dress for someone else. It looks like Dot found somebody really special. Seeing the two of them connecting like that has me smiling from ear to ear. Thanks so much for adding to this wonderful story! It really helped cheer me up today. :)

I'm glad I could cheer you up

I'll send you some huggles, they are good cheer-up companions, so you can get even more cheered up!

DogSig.png

Awww ... thank you!

I'm always up for huggles. :)