Changes~10

Printer-friendly version

‘I’m looking for a cottage, but as I’m an artist, I need a room I can use as a studio; so it needs to have good light.’



Changes

Chapter 10

By Susan Brown


 
 
Previously…

‘Well, Jo, what can I do for you?’ Millie asked.

‘Not me, Samantha here; she’s looking for somewhere to rent.’

She looked at me.

‘Okay, I’m your girl. Do you want short or long term?’

‘Long term, I think, but I’m not sure if you can find exactly what I want.’

‘Hang on a mo,’ she looked around and caught the eye of a waitress.

‘Connie, love, may I have a coke please?’

‘Okay, Millie, with or without ice?’

‘With please.’

‘Coming up in a mo.’

Millie returned her attention to me. ‘Right, I’m all ears, what exactly are you looking for?’

‘Well…’

And now the story continues…

‘I’m looking for a cottage, but as I’m an artist, I need a room I can use as a studio; so it needs to have good light.’

‘Well, there aren’t many places for rent just now. By the way, do you want to stay in the cove?’

‘Yes, if that’s possible.’

‘Right. Let me make a few calls and I’ll get back to you. May I have your mobile number?’

I gave it to her.

‘I may be changing my ’phone; I keep getting nuisance phone calls.’

‘That’s a bummer; I got that for a while, some creep who was into heavy breathing. Anyway if you do change your number, let me know.’

‘So, do you think that you can find something for Samantha, Millie?’

‘I hope so; it’s just that at this time of year a lot of the properties are holiday lets.’

‘I’m sure you’ll do your best,’ I said.

We lingered there for a little longer, Millie trying to tap me for more information about myself, but I wasn’t giving much away. Then her mobile rang and with a mouthed ‘goodbye’, she shot off down the quay.

‘What do you think of her, Samantha?’

‘She seems nice, but a bit nosey.’

‘I know what you mean, not like me.’ We looked at each other and laughed.

‘I wonder how Mr Potts is doing with my car?’

‘Well, I think he said a few days for the part to come in, but we could ring him.’

‘Can you? I don’t speak-a-da-lingo.’

‘Er’s a praper maid right enuv.’

‘Pardon?’

She just laughed and then pulled out her ’phone.

‘Hello, Mr Potts? It’s Jocasta…the vicar’s wife…that’s right I’m ringing up about my friend’s BMW…Yes, okay right….mmm. Okay, thanks, I’ll tell her.’ She pressed the off key. ‘The car will be ready tomorrow afternoon as long as the part arrives when it was promised.’

‘Oh good, not that I need it just at the moment.’

‘Right-oh, what next?’ She looked at me expectantly.

I fished out my list and a pen, crossing out a few things; then took a deep breath.

‘A solicitor, do you know one?’

‘Erm…right; is this about your marriage?’

‘Yes, but I feel that we need to talk; let’s go for a walk and find somewhere quiet.’

She cast a puzzled look in my direction, then, after paying the bill, we got up and made our way towards the far end of the beach where there were some rocks. As we walked, I thought about what I would say to her.

I had realised for some time that I couldn’t live a lie. I wanted people to accept me for what I am, a girl–but born with the wrong bits. I know I had said, even to myself sometimes that I was just a cross-dresser and that I had no inclination to go any further. But I had been kidding myself. I wanted to be a woman and not just dress like one. I realised that I had these feelings, even as a child, but they were suppressed when I was young and this continued into my marriage. Olivia had said that she had needs–well so do I; I had the need to draw a line under my previous sham of an existence and move forward.

We found a pleasant spot and, sitting on the sand with our backs leaning against some smooth rocks, we made ourselves comfortable. There were quite a number of people on the beach but, fortunately, none within earshot of us.

‘Well, Samantha, as I said before, I’m here for you. I know I haven’t known you for long, but I consider you as a friend and friends help each other. I’m a bit of a gossip, but never about personal things, so anything you say will stay between ourselves, unless you want me to talk to, say, David about it.

I took a deep breath, my heart was pounding.

‘I…I’m not as I seem.’

‘What do you mean? Are you a mad axe murderer or something?’

‘Not quite, but you might not want to know me in a few minutes.’

‘I don’t–’

‘Please let me speak before I lose my courage. I—I—I’m t—transgendered.’

‘What! I don’t understand…I mean, why would a pretty thing like you want to be a man?’

‘You’ve got it wrong, I am–well physically anyway–a man.’

There was a sharp intake of breath and for once Jocasta was dumstruck. I stood up and looked down at her. She seemed bewildered to say the least.

‘I’ll go and pack,’ I said. Turning away, I began to make my way towards the back of the beach, my eyes stinging with tears.

‘WAIT!’

I found myself being grabbed by my arm. ‘Where are you going?’

‘Well, I had to tell you and now I know.’

‘Know what?’

‘How you feel about me.’

She pulled at me.

‘Don’t be a silly girl, come and sit down again–please.’

Reluctantly, I allowed myself be dragged back to the rocks; sitting down, I waited for Jocasta to speak.

‘You’re a cow.’

‘I beg your pardon?’ I said looking at her frowning face.

‘You–I should hate you, how is it possible for someone born a male to look so pretty?

‘I’m not pretty.’

‘Yes you are, and if you don’t realise it, just take the word of someone who would die to look as attractive as you. Being a vicar’s wife doesn’t make me not want to be beautiful. I wasn’t brought up in a nunnery, you know. I was a school teacher before I married David; plain Jane I used to be, and things haven’t got much better. I wear mumsie clothes and try to be a pillar of the community–as the good vicar’s wife should–and there’s you, with lovely legs, nice body and a beautiful face. If you wore a sack you would still be pretty.’

‘Jocasta, you are pretty; I must admit that you dress a bit old, but that could be changed and I bet you don’t go to the salon much. Look I must get my hair done in the next few days–come with me and we’ll have David drooling over his cornflakes–anyway, sorry.’

‘What for?’

‘Assuming that I was the only one with issues.’

‘We all have issues, my dear. Now, tell Auntie Jocasta everything: what has been going on, exactly?’

I related the story of my life with Olivia, the job with her father and the strains and cracks that had been appearing prior to the collapse of my marriage.

‘So, let me get this straight; Olivia married you, knowing full well about your cross-dressing and then gradually began to pressureise you, making you do things that you didn’t want to. Then to add insult to injury, she brought a man into your home and made love to him on one of your beds?’

I nodded, too distressed to speak. Talking about it had opened up some rather unpleasant wounds.

‘So, have you come here to escape?’

‘No’, I sniffed, ‘I came here to begin a new life. What do you think, then?’

‘About what?’

‘Me: should I go or should I stay?’

‘Stay, of course. If I have to go to a salon I’ll need someone braver than me to hold my hand, I’m not going in there by myself!’

We talked some more. It was wonderful to get things off my chest and Jocasta was as good a listener as she was a talker. Then came the thorny issue.

‘Should I tell anyone else?’

‘About what?’

‘You know,’ I waved my hand over my body, ‘about me.’

‘It’s up to you, but looking as good as you do, people won’t believe it. I’m not going to make your mind up for you but if I were you, I would stay. As far as I’m concerned you’re a girl, regardless of what's between your legs. We are pretty broad minded here anyway, you have to be when you see some holidaymakers–grown men in long baggy shorts and their bottoms hanging out when they bend over–now that’s a sight for sore eyes, I don’t think! Why is it when people go on holidays, all dress sense flies out of the window?’

I smiled weakly at that.

‘Then there’s Miss Silverton.’

I stared at her blankly, trying to keep up with her change of direction.

‘Miss Silverton has lived in the village all her life. When she was born, she was a he.’

‘So she’s like me?’

‘Sort of, she’s a hermaphrodite and was brought up as a boy until she was 14. It had become obvious by then that she didn’t look much like a he, I think the growing breasts were a bit of a give away, and so tests were done and her life changed, as it were.’

‘How old is she?’

‘She she must be in mid thirtees now. Never married and lives for her twelve cats. She has a cottage up at the top of our lane. We have to be careful not to run any of her cats over when we pass and, naturally, our dogs have a problem with the moggies.

‘Then there’s Stuart and Michael,’ she continued.

‘What's wrong with them?’

‘Oh they’re the gay couple who run the tackle shop; you couldn’t find a more loving and devoted couple.’

‘Tackle shop?’ I queried, my mind on the verge of boggling.

‘Yes, fishing tackle, what other tackle is there?’

‘Mmmm, well anyway getting back to the subject; I don’t quite get your drift.’ I said, not quite understanding what she was getting at.

‘What I’m trying to say is that we’re a tolerant community, the only two species we can’t stand are double glazing salesmen and people who give out parking tickets.’

I laughed at that.

‘So you don’t think that I’d be drummed out of Penmarris?’

‘Not a chance. Look, I think it might be an idea if we tell David and the girls. Then you can gauge the reaction of others before you fully out yourself as it were. What d’you think?’

What did I have to lose? Either the folk of Penmarris would accept me for who I am or it wouldn’t be worth living here.

‘Okay,’ I said, making up my mind and being decisive for once. Just then, my phone chirped.

‘HI, Samantha, it’s Millie. Look, I may have found a place for you, it’s old Mr Mogg’s place. He’s gone into a home now as he can’t do much, poor old chap. Anyway, my sister’s best friend knows one of the carers at the home and she mentioned that Mr Mogg is worried that no one is living in his cottage. So it might be all right for you to stay there. Do you want me to make enquiries?’

‘Yes please.’

‘All right; if I get the go ahead I’ll ring you back and make arrangements for you to view.’

‘That would be fantastic. Thank you for all your help.’

‘That’s okay, see you.’

The phone went dead. She seemed to be a bit of a live wire, that Millie!

‘Good news?’

‘Yes, Millie said that a Mr Mogg has a cottage that might suit me.’

‘Albert Mogg; yes, he’s 85 and has moved into care because it’s closer to the Crab and Lobster’

‘Crab and Lobster, What's that, a restaurant?’

‘No the local pub the other side of the quay,’

‘Right; so does everyone know about everyone here?’

‘Pretty much; we look out for each other but give people privacy if they want it. Now old Mrs Tyler, no one knows what she gets up to. The kids think she’s a witch, but that’s because she has a black cat and grows herbs.’

‘This place is seriously weird, but I love it!’ We both laughed and then, noticing the time, stood up. I still had things to do.

‘So,’ I said as we walked back up the beach, ‘do you know of a good solicitor?’

‘Well you could use Phillip Jenkins, but he’s more into your wills and probate. His daughter Katie is the one to see. She’s the divorce queen.’

‘Are there a lot of divorces here?’

‘Two in the past year.’

‘That’s not many.’

‘It is for around here. Look, let’s go and see if she’s in her office.’

We made our way along the quay and up the little High Street. I call it High Street, but it was only slightly wider than the other roads in the village. It had a butchers shop, a bakery, a paper shop, the post office and, above the undertakers, the solicitors–Bentley, Bentley, Letwynd and Fartworth–worth a bit of a smile, that one.

Sadly they were closed.

‘Never mind, you can ring them later.’

‘Okay.’ I replied, ‘I’m not that concerned, I was married for years I’m sure another few days won’t make much difference.’

‘That’s the ticket. The way you’re going, you’ll be as laid back has the rest of us soon.’

‘True,’ I laughed.

I had wanted to sort out another mobile, but as that would have meant a trip into the nearest town and the fact that I was car-less, meant that another of the items on my list went on the back burner.

We had lunch in the Crab and Lobster, a ploughman’s lunch and white house wine, a nice combination, then it was back to the vicarage because Jocasta was having a young wives meeting there.

Not being a young wife, I went up to my bedroom and checked my list. I was able to cross off a few things, but not many. I wasn’t that concerned as there was always another day. My life up to now had revolved around lists, appointments and schedules–another thing that obviously needed changing.

Just then my mobile chirped.

I picked it up and didn’t recognise the number, it was a mobile one. I just shrugged and pressed the go button.

‘Hello, Tom, it’s Nigel.’ Oh my God, Olivia’s Dad!

‘Hi, Nigel.’ I replied, hesitantly.

‘What the HELL is going on?’

‘Sorry?’

‘Don’t sorry me. I get a phone call from Olivia, and she says that you’ve run off somewhere. HR informed me that you were sick. So, I repeat what the hell is going on?’

‘It’s private. I need some space.’

‘Space–you can stuff your space. Olivia is angry with you and so am I. You have responsibilities, young man, and you need to get your arse into gear and get back to your wife and work. I don’t pay you good money to fuck off whenever you want. I don’t run a holiday camp here, you know. If you want to get on with me, you will get back home, apologise to your wife and start behaving like a man and not shirk your responsibilities.’

I had come to the boil slowly while he was speaking and I surprised myself as I replied; ‘Nigel, I have no intention of coming back..’

‘What the fu–’

‘You’ve had your say, so listen to me. Did your precious daughter tell you why I left? She was having sex in my house on one of my beds, not with me, but with another man. The only reason I worked for you was because it made Olivia happy for me to have what she termed a proper job. She busted up this marriage, not me. I resign with immediate effect and you can tell your daughter that I am commencing divorce proceedings citing her adultery as the cause. Oh, and by the way, I have an excellent photograph of her having sex with her lover on my ’phone so if you want publicity, tell her to contest–goodbye.’

I threw the ’phone out of the open window and fell on the bed, sobbing.

It had been a strange day–and yet somehow liberating.


 
To Be Continued...

Please leave comments...thanks!
My thanks also go out to the brilliant and lovely Gabi for editing and pulling the story into shape!
~Sue

up
439 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yay!! Good For Samantha!

Fabulous chapter. Everything is coming together beautifully!

And, very especially, Samantha's spirit and assertiveness! Nice bluff on the phone pic, by the way.

I don't think she should have "hung up" from such a height, though. Just which floor of the house has she flung the phone out from, anyway? Regardless, she should probably go retrieve it, if only to conceal the fact that she smooshed one of Jocasta's flowering plants.

OTOH, she might not have to... Labradors are retrievers, aren't they? One slightly slobbery phone, coming right up!

Excellent!

That's the spirit! At this rate Samantha will have her new life sorted out in no time. It's high time she started standing up for herself, especially to those two (Olivia and her father). Another lovely chapter, Sue!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Glad to see...

I'm glad to see that Samantha not only was able to take care of one item she'd neglected to put on her list of things to do (quit her job with her soon to be ex-father-in-law's company); but also to let him know what a poor excuse of a human being he would up raising! And, now that her little secret is out, at least to Jocasta, she can relax and realize just how fortuante she is that her finger found this particular corner of the world!

This continues to be a delightful story; and I eagerly look forward to the next chapter!

Jenny

Jenny

Now, Tell Auntie Jocasta Everything,

Is the best line in the chapter. Samantha seems to have chosen a good place to begin anew. But now she must face off against the reality of her choice. And Sue, is that a pic of your daughter?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

" A Praper Maid"

Sue i'm just so jealous!!! Just how do you manage to keep two stories as good as Changes and Football Girl going at the same time?

I was so pleased when Samantha told Jocasta of her secret, And not at all surprised at the reaction Samantha got from her friend... Now for the rest of the family!!

Nigel's angry phone call got the reaction it deserved from samatha ,She's well out of that family although you do get the feeling it's not the last we'll hear from them!

Lovely writing as always Sue and i'm not really jealous, Just glad that you share your talent for storytelling with us all, Thank you

Hugs Kirri

Satisfying Changes

terrynaut's picture

That last bit was very satisfying.

Olivia obviously didn't tell her father everything so Samantha filled in the blanks. I'm sure the look on Nigel's face was priceless. Heh.

I happen to think that this story is some of your best writing. It's the best out of all of your stories I've read. I hope you're able to end it as well as you've started it.

Thanks very much and please keep up the great work.

- Terry

I don't think dad will be upset much

From the abusive way he talked to Samantha I suspect he and Olivia are peas in a pod.

She likely gets her pushy, *me me me* ways from her father.

Either she is afraid of dad and lied or she simply lied out of habit. Either way Olivia comes off worse than we/I thought. Her affair may not have been a spur of the moment thing but more deliberate and cruel.

Samantha should not have tossed the phone. If she really shot a picture -- I don't recall she did -- it will save her ass in court. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to claim HE broke up the marriage with the crossdressing and not HER infidelity.

Even if he didn't shoot a picture, now that he claims he did it is both a bargaining chip and a liability. They will want it back and might not be nice about it.

As to being laid back about getting a lawyer, BIG MISTAKE now that daddy knows. Samantha needs to protect herself.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. GREAT chapter

John in Wauwatosa

Conundrum here

If Olivia's the shark she seems to be, why is she working as a librarian, and not at Daddy's firm with Samantha?

What A Community!

joannebarbarella's picture

Where is it again Sue? I want to go and live there.
Samantha has fallen on her feet, and I can see a divorce going through relatively smoothly as long as there is no great argument about assets.
However, unlike other readers, I'm not convinced that Olivia is out of the picture. I know from experience how devious you can be!
Joanne

As an “Ozziefied Pom”, Joanne…

…who was "brung up" in Hove, thee, of all people should know where Devon be, moy luvely, a bit further west from your childhood home.

Samantha has indeed fallen on her feet in such a picturesque and friendly place. I imagine it to be rather like Brixham, or maybe Mousehole (pronounced, Mouzell) a little further west in Cornwall. I bet she is just longing to get her paints out and set to work.

Gabi.

“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

There is a way Olivia and Samantha could get back together ...

After Olivia's betrayal of their marriage vows there might still be a way but it's a long-shot.

She was gotten her way in much of their marriage. I get the impression she respects power and dislikes what seems like weakness, maybe that is why she cheated, yet another grab for power, like daddy like daughter.

If Samantha stands up to her, tells her for them to get together, Samantha's wishes come first, maybe they have a chance. Olivia will take whatever job or duties Samantha thinks is right, to hell with Olivia's career. Samantha will be an artist, a serious artist and Olivia will support her/him absolutely. Olivia will have children, Samantha's children and will not object to DNA tests and tests for STDs at random as Olivia has proven she is untrustworthy.

I suspect if Samantha treats her as she treated him, IE HE comes first, HE is the new ME ME ME, they will slowly heal the gaping wound between them. Maybe when she sees how selfish she was they can come together on an equal footing or a footing where one has sway in certain things but the other has sway in other areas and yet other things are joint, as is the case in many of the most solid long-lasting marriages.

Except for the last year life between them at home was good. The big flies in the ointment were his having to get his dreams crushed and that includes their having a family.

Odds are it won't happen as he/Samantha is so hurt and Olivia and her dad sound so juvenile, almost bully like in dad's case.

But then they were college lovers and happily or so it seemed married for six of the seven years. maybe there is something left but it will take a miracle .

In any case I don't see Samantha going back to being Olivia and daddies whipping boy. I also don't see Samantha rushing to SRS and a male lover. As much as she sees herself as female, she loved a woman and want kids, SRS would prevent that except adoption or frozen sperm if Samantha could find a surrogate or a lesbian lover. Since he enjoyed sex with a woman and never fancied men, I see Samantha as between the sexes, IE in the middle of the spectrum from ultra feminine to ultra masculine. neither wholly male or female in his/her mind or preferences. I suspect she will take a middle road and not rush off to SRS femdom or retreat to unhappy total masculinity.

But then only Sue Brown, our devious writer knows for sure and her hair dresser ... no that's the old Clarol hair dye tagline.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Trouble, Worth, Not

Hardly seems worth the trouble. Resurrecting the deceased marriage, that is.

No, frankly, I see it as a lot more satisfying to walk away from that particular nightmare and start over. Yes, there may have been some perceived happiness there once, but there's too much more recent badness to be worth overcoming, and besides, Tom was never truly happy like that, and neither was Olivia. Sometimes it's better to accept failure, and then get on with your life.

The only unresolved business from the old relationship is just how victimized and unassertive Tom was. Now that we have Samantha, that's been clearly resolved!

No way!

This story isn't called "Changes" for nothing. Besides which, as they kept all their finances and assets separate, it should theoretically be possible to have a quick, clean divorce.

Of course, in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
(quote from either Jan La Van De Snepscheut or Yogi Berra, depending on who you ask...)

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Brilliant Story, Sue

This is a brilliant story, so readable and so well written. You have an enviable talent and write very fluently. I have only just discovered it and have read all ten chapters on the trot. What a relief that Jocasta is broad-minded, and I am willing to bet that Rev David is too, seeing that the village already boasts one hermaphrodite and a gay couple running the tackle shop (that term makes my mind boggle too). I am not sure how the two little girls will take the news, but if they are their parents’ daughters they will be broad-minded also.

The solicitors' name is wonderful; Bentley, Bentley, Letwynd and Fartworth sound like an absolute gas that shows that Sue Brown possesses a slightly suggestive sense of humour. I am longing for chapter 11 to appear (on Wednesday?). Keep up the good work.

Norma

(having a chuckle)

Re: Bentley, Bentley, Letwynd and Fartworth

Yet another great law firm in the tradition of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe! As you said, Norma, it does sound like a gas!

As for getting a new cell, I have a feeling that chore has just moved to the top of Samantha's list! ;-)

Jenny

How do you do it!!

Pamreed's picture

Hi Sue,

As always another great story from you!! I am following both (Football Girl and Changes). But I think I like Changes more as I can relate to it!! I think you would be a great person to know!!! Yoo so have this ability to show people and all their emotions and concerns! So I bet you are like that to your friends (understanding)!! Looking forward to more from you!! It makes my day to read your stories!!

Hugs,
Pamela

Changes is excellent, Sue.

I love these characters, Sue. A lot.
I think that this is rapidly becomming one
of my favorite stories. I especially like
the response to the revelation, but then
again, who here wouldn't.

Thank you, Sue. Thank you very much.

your fan,
Sarah Lynn

Hooray for Samantha!

I would have been a bit more blunt to dear father in-law, however Samantha is a nice girl so far?

The relationship with Jocasta is developing well and it looks like she has found a friend she can lean on for whatever lies ahead!

Samantha is lining up her ducks in a row and will soon have her life sorted we trust?

Nice story Sue

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Why ask dad to call

RAMI

Why did Olivia have her dad, Nigel, call Tom? She either thinks that her father has so much control over Tom, that he will come sniveling back (a low opinion in line with the story) or she thinks that her father is a dynamic a man that he can be the go between to resolve the matter.

Could Olivia honestly believe that Tom was not going to tell her father exactly what he did? Could she be not only a mean and despicable person, but also a very stupid one?

Samantha's situation will be known all over town by the next day. Jocasta while promising to be discreet has a big mouth, and talks too much.

Samantha needs a better lawyer than one who only handles 2 local divorces a year. Olivia will likely have a shark.

RAMI

RAMI

Sorry, but...

First let me say that I am really enjoying this story. It seems like nit picking, but I have a couple of points to raise though.

Penmarris has to be in Cornwall, not in Devon. "By Pol Tre and Pen you may know the Cornish men" is an auld saying, in them there parts! Also your description of the place and the people is definitely more Cornish than Devonish. The Devon folk are fine folk too, but not like the good people of Cornwall. They are as dissimilar as Cornish Cream is from Devonshire Cream !

She just threw her handy outta the window, with the evidence of adultery on it? And how come she never mentioned this photo until now?

Briar

Briar

Yay Samantha!

laika's picture

Both the part where Samantha came out to Jacosta (and how wonderfully this was recieved) and the confrontation with the ugly Father in Law were scenes powerful enough to make this a GREAT CHAPTER! Having the one follow immediately the other was enough that I had to comment, though I sometimes hold back on tales that get plenty comments, people already having said what I was gonna (Be wild if there was a crossover chapter where Samantha met little Susan from Football Girl. Maybe not geographically likely but a solution to this could be gimmicked up somehow); but this one blew me away, and the superlatives of others deserve repeating- Superlative!

Two things..... "So, let me

Two things.....

"So, let me get this straight; Olivia married you, knowing full well about your cross-dressing and then gradually began to pressurise you, making you do things that you didn’t want to. Then to add insult to injury, she brought a man into your home and made love to him on one of your beds?’"........ making you do things.... what things? (I don't think we know yet).

and......

Nigel.... go screw yourself and your job!

Nigel! Obviously a Prince among men...

Ole Ulfson's picture

"She busted up this marriage, not me. I resign with immediate effect and you can tell your daughter that I am commencing divorce proceedings citing her adultery as the cause. Oh, and by the way, I have an excellent photograph of her having sex with her lover on my ’phone so if you want publicity, tell her to contest—goodbye.’"

Nigel: Go stuff yourself!

Great chapter,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!