Changes~12

Printer-friendly version
I felt something wet splodge on my shoulder.

‘Thanks a lot,’ I shouted at the seagull as it wheeled away after landing it’s bomb with the deadly accuracy of an exocet missile...


Changes
Chapter 12
By Susan Brown


 
 


Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

Theme from Cheers.


Previously…

Jocasta had gone down to the shops and David was still sorting out his sermon, so I went to have a look at Mr Mogg’s cottage on my own. As I made my way down the hill, I wondered what the cottage would be like and if it would be the answer my dreams?

And now the story continues…

Millie’s directions were spot on and I spotted her waving to me in the distance as I walked down the narrow lane to meet her.

I marvelled at how lovely everything was. I felt as if I was living a travelogue. Through gaps between the cottages I could catch glimpses the blue sea. How was it that there were not more visitors? This place oozed pure Devon charm. Maybe it’s one of those places where visitors are sworn to secrecy about its charms, vaguely like The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie where you aren’t supposed to tell anyone that *********** did it.

Then I felt something wet splodge on my shoulder.

‘Thanks a lot,’ I shouted at the seagull as it wheeled away after landing it’s bomb with the deadly accuracy of an exocet missile.

‘Hi, Samantha, found it okay then?’

‘Yes, it’s great here, isn’t it?’ I said wiping my shoulder clean with a tissue. ‘Apart from the aerial assaults.’

‘Mmm, you should see what it’s like when they are protecting their eggs. By the way, you missed a bit.’ She pointed at some white stuff that had dribbled down my back.

‘Yukk.’

In next to no time, I was cleaned up, focussed and ready again. This was the new Samantha, ready willing and able to be decisive. A girl to be reckoned with.

‘Here we are,’ said Millie, pointing at the cottage. ‘Now I must to enter my Estate Agent mode, so here goes. Cove Cottage is a truly idyllic coastal cottage in wonderful Devon. The cottage which dates back to the mid-1700s, is steeped in local history. The property is set in a wonderful elevated position above Penmarris Cove on the western coast. End of spiel; shall we go in?’

While she had been speaking, I looked at the front of the cottage; it was whitewashed, with the front door painted bright blue. It was on two levels and appeared to be reasonably well looked after and decidedly old-world. The roof was slated and looked as if it had been replaced recently. I wondered how windy it got up here in the winter?

I followed Millie through the small garden, up the steps and into the entrance hall. To the left was a kitchen, which wasn’t modern but a real farmhouse-type kitchen, no flat pack kitchen this; real wood and solid too. It was nice and bright and I loved the welsh dresser (or should that be a Devon dresser?) standing against one wall.

Millie sailed on saying that I could have a good nose around after she gave me the official tour of inspection. To the right of the entrance hall was the sitting room, which was slightly larger than the kitchen and had a couple of comfy-looking overstuffed armchairs and a leather sofa in the corner. The fireplace was open and appeared to have been well used. It all looked really cosy.

‘Have a look at this.’ said Millie standing by the picture window.

I gasped. The view was really something. There was a garden about 50 feet long, sloping downwards, mainly lawn but with several flower beds full of pretty, colourful flowers. Beyond that there was an uninterrupted view of the harbour and quay. I could see both beaches from this fairly central location and it was all a bit much. I sensed my eyes pricking–it was love at first sight. It was so cosy and sweet, it looked beautiful and everywhere was tidy, clean and obviously well cared for…

But no, I had to be strong. No more wimpy Tom; this was Samantha, the hard-headed business type person who needed to weigh everything up and make a decision based on cold hard facts…

‘I’ll take it.’ I said, immediately forgetting my resolve and just melting.

Millie smiled. ‘Have a good look around first. You haven’t seen upstairs yet.’

I followed her up the steep stairs to the landing on the first floor. She first took me to the left, along the landing and pointed out the bathroom, which wasn’t large, but had been retiled few years before and was good enough for little me. Then continuing on, she showed me into the bedroom. There were windows on three sides, so I had a view of the lane, along the cove and down the garden, to the quay and the sea beyond.

‘Wow,’ I said under my breath.

Dragging my eyes away from the spectacular view, I looked around the room and noticed that the furniture was a bit old and I would have to change the bed or at least the mattress, but other than that, it was perfect. Turning back, I sighed; fancy waking up to this view.

‘Come on, I’ve another room to show you.’

We went back along the landing and to another room.

‘Ooh!’ I gasped and that was no understatement.

It seems that he used it as a junk room because it was full of boxes, books and magazines and hadn’t been dusted like the other rooms for some time. It was about the same size as the other bedroom and had a similar window arrangement, except the view out to sea, was enhanced by the fact that where there was just a wall with a window in it in the bedroom - in this room, the whole of that side was a series of wide floor to ceiling windows.

The light was absolutely fantastic. It was exactly what I was looking for in a studio. Yes, it needed tidying up and the stuff in it moved, but I could see in my mind’s eye that this was it.

‘Oh, Millie, it’s gorgeous.’

‘Yes; it is lovely, isn’t it? Mrs Pearson comes in three times a week to do the housework and Mr Pearson does the gardening, so it’s always kept nice. What do you think? Have you changed your mind, do you still like it?’

‘Like it? Like it? I adore it. To hell with being sensible, grown up and level headed, where do I sign on the dotted line?’

‘Don’t you want to know the terms?’ she said, laughing at my obvious enthusiasm.

‘Oh, okay, I suppose I do need to know.’

‘Well, it’s seven fifty a calendar month, three months in advance; is that okay?’

I thought that it was very reasonable considering its idyllic location.

‘Yes, that’s fine, but how long can I stay. It would break my heart if I had to move out after a short while.’

‘Between you and me, Mr Mogg will never move back in. He’s getting frail and he doesn’t like all the stairs, so he won’t be coming back. He doesn’t have any relatives to whom he would leave the property, so he intends to sell the property and donate the proceeds to McMillan Cancer Support. I might add that the Moggs are a long lived family and he will probably last a good many years yet.’

‘So why doesn’t he sell it now and give them the money straight away?’

‘His solicitor advised him hang on because it’s a good investment and will only appreciate in value.’

‘I don’t have to worry then?’

‘No, if you still want it, I can make all the arrangements.’

‘When can I move in?’

‘As long as you have the deposit and sign a few forms, a few days at most.’

‘That’s wonderful.’ I exclaimed and then thought for a moment. ‘Any chance on having first refusal on the sale, if and when it comes?’

‘I’ll ask. I might be able to do a deal if you are willing to go over the current valuation.’

‘I expect its valued quite high.’

‘It won’t be cheap.’

‘I’ll have to get painting then, won’t I?’

We both laughed and carried on having a look around.

A short while later, Millie had to shoot off but she left me the key, saying that if she needed it, she would come for it. Having the key made me feel like it was my place already. I couldn’t imagine an estate agent in London leaving a customer the key before signing on the dotted line, but this was Penmarris where everyone knows your name.

I had a good look around and worked out in my mind’s eye how I would have my studio. I was brought out of my day dream but my ’phone chirping–It was Olivia. My heart sank and I came crashing back to Earth.

‘Hello, Olivia,’ I said neutrally.

‘Tom, where are you?’

‘Does it matter?’

‘Of course it does. Has Daddy spoken to you yet?’

‘Yes,’

‘And?’

‘And what?’

‘Are you coming back yet?’

‘No–I haven’t changed my mind.’

‘Look, why are you being like this. I apologise, all right? It was wrong for me and Roger–’

‘–So his name is Roger is it? Friend or someone you picked up?’

‘Why are you speaking like this; you don’t normally talk to me like that? He works at the library if you really want to know. Look, I had a few drinks and so had he. We got carried away, it was stupid…we didn’t know what we were doing…’

‘But you have NEEDS, Olivia, you told me that before. How many times have you had those needs since we have been married?’

There was silence.

‘Well?’

‘’I’m sorry.’ she whispered and the phone went dead.

I took a deep breath. Was she sorry, I mean really sorry? I didn’t know or even care. I had been hurt by the one person in my life that I had loved and she had betrayed me and let me down. It was the end– finis.

The ’phone rang again and with a sigh I looked at the screen. It wasn’t Olivia, it was Jocasta.

‘Hi, Jo.’

‘Samantha…you sound down. Isn’t the cottage what you want?’

‘Yes, it could have been made for me.’

‘But?’

‘But, I have just had an upsetting conversation with my soon-to-be ex.’

‘Well?’

‘Well, she said that she was sorry and virtually admitted that she had done it before.’

‘Right, stay there, I’m coming straight down.’

‘What about the girls, David, tea and things.’

‘They can cope; they aren’t totally useless in the kitchen. Correction; David is, he could burn water, but the girls are in the Guides so they can cook as long its beans on toast or something. Anyway there are things in the freezer they can nuke in the microwave. I’ll be with you in ten minutes.’

I went to the long window, realised that it was a patio door, not just a window and noticing a handle, pulled it open. Outside there was a small balcony with railings; I just stood there, breathing in the fresh sea air and gradually calming down. I refused to think about my phone call from Olivia, it was too negative. It only re-affirmed my decision to divorce her. I hoped that my bluff about the photo I said I took would make things easy for me. I felt the slight breeze ruffle my dress gently against my bare legs and my hair drifted across my eyes. It felt so right; my being here, dressed like this. But I didn’t want to just look like a girl and feel like one inside any more. The crisis in my life had made me focus on what I wanted to be–a whole woman. I would add to my list something else. See a doctor about transitioning.

I was brought out of my introspective reverie by a knock on the front door. Taking a deep breath, I went downstairs to answer it. Jocasta stood there beaming at me.

‘Hello, Sam, may I come in?’

I smiled as she passed me and I closed the door. I had noticed a gaggle of women on the other side of the road looking at us and knew that it had already spread that Samantha was here to stay.

‘Well, I haven’t been here for a few years, ever since Doris died in fact. Doris was old Mr Mogg’s wife. It’s been done up a bit and of course Mr and Mrs Pearson look after the place. Will you keep them on?’

‘Probably,’ I said as we sat in the living room.

‘Now, what’s this about Olivia?’

‘I don’t really want to talk about it but…’

I told her everything and–as usual–started blubbing again. I might have to go and see Doctor Sinclair and get an anti crying pill if things continued like this. Mind you, after I got it all off my chest, I felt much better.

‘You really need to see the solicitor.’

‘I think that I ought to go to someone outside the village.’

‘Why?’

‘Everyone knows everything about everyone here.’

‘You haven’t met Katie Jenkins yet. She is about our age and used to work for a large firm of solicitors up in London. I did say that there had only been two divorces here in the last year, but Katie has loads of experience as a top flight solicitor dealing with marital breakdowns. She wouldn’t admit that it was Tuesday unless she had a signed affidavit countersigned by a judge. She would never say anything to anyone about her clients’ affairs without prior agreement.’

‘Why is she here then and not in London?’

‘Why are you here?’

‘Oh.’

‘Yes, oh. She might tell you about it one day. Look, it’s getting a bit late now but I’ll give her a ring. If I can arrange it, would tomorrow be okay?’

I nodded, wanting to get things moving. I wanted the pain of my marriage breakdown to end as soon as possible.

Jocasta, pulled out her ’phone and speed dialled the number.

‘Hi, Katie? Jo. Hi, hon, how are you? Tell me about it. Look my friend Samantha…yes, that’s the one, she needs some urgent advice. Will you be around tomorrow morning? Great. Okay, I’ll tell her. Byee.’

‘Eleven o’clock tomorrow morning all right?’

‘Sure. Thanks for sorting that.’

‘No problem; ’tis what friends are for. Now put that on the back burner and tell me. Are you taking this place?’

‘Yes, it’s wonderful. If it wasn’t for my marital problems, I’d think life was getting close to perfect. I’m sure someone’s looking down on me to help me find the cove, you and this blissful cottage.’

‘Well, someone is looking down on you, or he had better be, otherwise my darling hubby would be out of a job. So what next?’

‘I need a mattress and bed linen.’



To Be Continued...

Angel

The Cove By Liz Wright

Please leave comments...thanks! ~Sue

My thanks go to the brilliant and lovely Gabi for editing and pulling the story into shape.

up
419 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What a )@&%*!

That Olivia is some piece of work! Sounds like she expected dear old Daddy to bulldoze 'Tom' into doing what she wants. I'm glad Samantha is sticking up for herself. And that house just sounds divine!

Lovely chapter, please keep them coming!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

It was always said

to me that if a seagull dive bombed you that it was good luck...Not to sure why that is!!!...But in Samantha's case maybe it did bring her some good luck in the shape of Mr Mogg's cottage....Sounds like it's was just waiting for someone like Samantha to come along and give it a lot of TLC.

Quite what was Olivia was expecting when she rang Samantha ? Did she think that Samantha would come rushing home after the way she had behaved? Not much chance of that when Samantha has found so much more love and affection deep in sunny beautiful Devon.

Hugs Kirri

So Olivia Actually Thought...

...that her father's chastisement would be sufficient to get Tom to surrender? I guess Tom had never stood up to him before.

But there seems to be something of a misread on Samantha's part too, since she took the phone call rather than standing by her previous decision (when she threw away the phone) to ignore both of them until she had legal representation. I suppose Samantha could have been hoping for total surrender, but if anything short of that was going to spoil a good afternoon for her, she really shouldn't have taken the chance of answering. (Or is Samantha more ambivalent about moving out and changing her life than she thinks?)

Other than that, things seem to be moving expeditiously for Samantha so far. There are likely to be some restless natives down the road (literally as well as figuratively) if and when her transition becomes public knowledge, but it's too soon for her to worry about that. (Besides, Samantha can't understand their dialect anyway, so unless they start throwing rocks...)

Eric

(Enjoyed the picture. One thing, if someone could help me -- I'm getting inconsistent answers from Mapquest and Wikipedia -- is the region where the story's taking place southwest or northwest of Exeter?)

South Devon, near the Cornish border

In Part 1 it mentions "South Devon, near the Cornish border". However the city of Plymouth is nearest the Cornish border so I have assumed the location is meant to be a bit east of there, somewhere like the Wembury area. It's a lovely bit of coastline, but none of the villages along there resemble Sue's Penmarris Cove too closely (it's name and description sounds more Cornish actually).

But that's not really important, because it's the story, characters and vitality of the description that make it so wonderful. Another brilliant episode, Sue - it sounds like Cove Cottage is ideal and will inspire her to produce some great paintings.

Wonder if Olivia will fight the divorce? It's good to hear that the local solicitor has a lot of experience handling those cases.

Oooh, just noticed it's chapter 13 next, hope the 'lucky bird poo' will counteract the effect!

Pleione

You're Right,...

...of course. I got curious when Sue mentioned that the incomprehensible local man had never been further away from home than Exeter, and I remembered that she'd given some road numbers in the previous chapter.

We probably haven't heard enough description of either Olivia or her father to know how they'll handle things from here, but the feeling I got was that the father's angry enough at Tom's brushoff to take him to court whether Olivia really wants to or not.

Eric

Olivia's Last Gasp?

terrynaut's picture

Could this be the last we hear of Olivia? I think not! I still haven't given up hope for the two to stay together. I don't know why. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. *sigh*

The writing continues to flow beautifully from chapter to chapter, like the ebb and flow of the tide. Wonderful stuff, Sue.

Thanks and please keep up the great work.

- Terry

This won't be...

This won't be the last we hear of Olivia; but I can't see any way for her to win Tom back. Tom is definitely history as far as Samantha is concerned, a history she will only visit infrequently in her memories. I, too, am an incurable romantic; but Olivia committed the ultimate betrayal to her spouse; and, since the time she was caught in the act is apparently not the only time she's committed that betrayal, there is no hope for a reconciliation. Besides, if they were to get back together, we would quickly see Tom right back where he was: in a loveless marriage, forced to work for his father-in-law at a job he detests and living with a wife who cheats on him at every opportunity she can get. No, it is for the best that Samantha put that chapter of her life as far behind her as she can!

Jenny

Jenny

There's Always Hope

terrynaut's picture

At least I think she's around. heh

Seriously, people can forgive and forget. Olivia should've talked out the marital problems with Tom but he has to share a little of the blame too I think. He let himself be pushed around. No one is perfect and I think most everyone deserves a second chance. There are psychotic exceptions of course but even those types might be helped with the right medication and monitoring.

Tom as Samantha is a much stronger person, one who I think might actually have more appeal for Olivia. I think it will be interesting to see the two of them together after Samantha gets settled. That's my two cents anyway.

- Terry

I'm not sure I agree

Olivia's primary excuse for a lot of her loveless treatment of Tom in the last year or so of their marriage was that she felt as though she were in a lesbian relationship. This tells me that Tom becoming Samantha is the last thing she could want.

The way it strikes me is this: Tom was a good guy. He was reliable, he was nice, and he would do anything she wanted him to do. Add to this that he's a crossdresser, and what you have is a perfect husband to show off to Daddy and your friends along with just enough of a touch of the supposedly forbidden to keep him interesting. Tom would do anything and overlook anything for Olivia because he wanted someone who loved and accepted him, and he thought he had that in her. She wanted Tom more because he was like a toy for her -- one that she could do what she wanted with and put away when she no longer wanted to play with him.

What was love for Tom seems as though it was more fascination for Olivia, which is supported by how much she tried to change Tom once they were married. She wanted to control his life, and make him into what she wanted, which tells me she never shared his feelings of love, because if she did then she would love him for himself, not make him something he wasn't.

I agree with you that Samantha is a much stronger person than Tom, but that's exactly why she would never get back with Olivia. Olivia would no longer be in control of every aspect of her life, and without that control, Olivia would never be interested in her -- especially with the emphasis on HER instead of HIM. Samantha has grown into a much more confident young woman than Tom ever was as a man, and she can find someone better for herself than some spoiled rich girl who tries to make excuses, then get daddy to do her dirty work when that doesn't work, and when he can do no better she tries excuses again. Her apologies weren't apologies, they were frustrated attempts at telling Samantha what she thought she wanted to hear, sandwiched between excuses. I'm pretty sure if the conversation had continued, she would have even tried to blame Samantha for her cheating, using the lesbian relationship excuse.

She might be redeemable, but it will take someone a lot meaner than our Samantha to do it.

Melanie E.

Samantha And Cheers

I think that she now will wear a wide brimmed hat when out and about. Birds are infamous for their bombings. As for Cheers, I can see Frazier Crane going on and on about how quaint the cove is and getting Sam to move the bar there.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Awesome energy and character development

Excellent job! This is the most engaging series I've seen in a while. Excellent character development. Your control of energy, mixing comedic elements with the serious, is superb. Glad to see someone focus on the psychology and not the physical changes of transition (in a vanilla, non-BDSM story; there's plenty of dom-sub headspace stuff around here). Your style evokes Jennie Walker to me; I can't quite put my finger on why yet. In any case, great work!

A bit more subdued

Olivia seemed a bit less brash and demanding this time around. Perhaps she is starting to realize just how badly she has screwed up. Mind you, she still has a l-o-n-g way to go.

I imagine Sam is one of those people who find it impossible to not answer a ringing phone. She needs to get a new one so she can shut the old one off. It sounds as if daddy has enough money to have Sam's phone tracked, at least close enough to have somebody go look for Sam. 'Course, they wouldn't be looking for Samantha, but at least Olivia might think to check for a woman or a man.

Sorry, I just have this feeling there is going to be a face-off beyween Samantha and Olivia before this is all over with. The results could be interesting!

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

A little too neatly done, I suppose...

, or so some people think when they read a story like Samantha, but Honestly Sue, I just love it.
You make everything come out just the way one would want it to, while being mature and realistic.
Love the setting, the people. This story has been sort of perfect all around.

Awsome Job.

...Except for that seagul thing. What was that? Into every life a little *ah hem*
'rain' must fall. I know it's supposed to be good luck, but somehow, it never felt
that way. Why I don't feed the seagulls. Anymore. Take an awful lot of luck to
turn my fate around. Doesn't bear thinking about...

Sarah Lynn

It's good luck

To be shat on by a bird is good luck where I come from, the reason being the odds are very high and to be picked as the recipient is like being specially selected!

And as it turned out the house was exactly what Samantha wanted.

It could have been worse, a pelican? (do you have pelicans in Cornwall?)

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Coming along nicely

Sue, this story is really coming along nicely. I'm not quite sure of Olivia's motivation in marrying--and wanting to stay married--to Samantha, or Tom, as she knows our heroine. I suppose it could just be the desire to have someone you consider safe as your significant other, while feeling free to stray whenever the mood strikes you. A bit of having your cake and eating it too.

In the end, it is all to Sam's benefit, as she will finally lead the life she always needed to in the first place.

SuZie

People Aren't That Simple

joannebarbarella's picture

Yes, Samantha is going to have a wonderful time in her new house. I am sure there will be complications both from the locals and from Olivia. Only Sue can tell us what those will be, but I wish I were Samantha as I'm sure she will end up happy and fulfilled,
Joanne

Beware of long widows...

"I went to the long widow, realised that it was a patio door"

I'm trying to think of a snappy one-liner - perhaps we could run a competition?

:-)

Mea Culpa

Thanks for pointing that one out GR, it's my fault for missing it. Gawd, I must be a lousy editor. It's almost as bad as "there is a French widow in every room". :-)

Gabi.

“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Not a Problem

I did a lot of proofing in one of my jobs. It's incredibly easy to read through (your brain sees what it expects to see) small errors like that. I know I read through it too when I read this chapter.

Oliva's True Self

RAMI

I think Oliva's true nature is shown by her response to Tom/Samantha's answer to her about getting back together. Specifically she states, "Look, why are you being like this. I apologize, all right? It was wrong for me and Roger."

Pardon the expression, but it appears that, Tom never had the balls to stand up to his wife on anything. She truly expected him to come running home to her and not stand up for himself. The apology was also half ass, and she obviously had something going with Roger for a while.

It would also appear that Tom quaked in his boots at what-ever her father said.

RAMI

RAMI

X's

May have had a similar experience with my own X. I had no idea until I began putting things together later, after she had remarried, in less than a year. Hmmmm. Don't really have a problem with it. I just wish that there were laws and council that would make things go away with out all the angst.

I love the cove. Seems like such an idylic place to live.

M'salama

Khadija

"You have needs...."

Yes, when "she" said that, it was a significant moment - not something about a single drunken shag with a Librarian........ (I'm sorry if that insults librarians.. get over it, if it does!) She meant it.... and tom was hurt by it......

I still ccan't get my head round Olivia being an active participant in Tom's dressing in his early days.... was that so, or did I miss something? Ginger (slightly confused...) :) xx

I love the way you write, Sue,

Ole Ulfson's picture

The juxtaposition of pleasant events and peaceful scenes to confrontations with the self-absorbed Olivia, the odious, bullying Nigel or even the pompous Lady Fairbairn, who hasn't, I think, shown us all her cards.

It makes for great interior tension as well as providing conflict.

Extremely well done,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Penmarris

Susan, I am reading this for a second time and it is every bit as good this time. It would be wonderful if Penmarris really existed. I would be there in a minute. My only wish is that You continue to write about life in the village. The dreams would be wonderful. A place to loose Yourself.

Re: Where everybody knows your name!

I notice you included the lyrics to the theme from Cheers; but you only included the first verse! Here is the second verse, which was only available on the single version:

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/cheerslyrics.html

Jenny

Nearly £200 a week

Seems a bit steep for a two up two down cottage, but then what do I know?
It's a shame the house isn't in Cornwall, then I could boast that my wife was shagging a work mate when I got home. I lived just off Bodmin Moor. I didn't move to London though. I moved to Bermuda lol.
Fun saga, nicely timed. Cawsand sounds just like Penmarris but actually exists.

Nearly £200 a week

Seems a bit steep for a two up two down cottage, but then what do I know?
It's a shame the house isn't in Cornwall, then I could boast that my wife was shagging a work mate when I got home. I lived just off Bodmin Moor. I didn't move to London though. I moved to Bermuda lol.
Fun saga, nicely timed. Cawsand sounds just like Penmarris but actually exists.