Walking in Beckys Shoes - Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Walking in Beckys Shoes — Chapter 4
By
Julie D Cole
sky2.jpg

I must have tossed and turned for 2 hours or so after I heard mum come in and say goodnight. My neck was hurting when the madman had bitten me. I’d covered it in antiseptic before I climbed into bed to try to stop any infection but I couldn’t help thinking I might catch rabies or something. How could such animals be allowed to roam around off the leash?

I felt dreadful when I awoke because I needed a good 8 hours sleep and last night was nowhere near. At least the red mark had turned to a blue/black bruise and I felt the antiseptic cream might have worked. Maybe I could survive without the need to suck blood. I hoped that his foot was hurting where I’d stamped or that Nicks had caught him and jumped on the other one. How could I have such anger against a guy? I used to think that girls were making stories up about how bad we us guys were Now the shoe was on the other foot I suppose.

I took off my nightwear and hid it in the drawers under the mattress hoping that mum wouldn’t find it. I had to wear my shorts and T shirt sometime so I screwed it up and left it in the bathroom after my shower knowing that mum would fold it neatly and place it under my pillow when she made the bed. This had been her daily routine since I could walk and every 3 days I’d find fresh replacements. It was a problem to keep up with mum and to have the joy of fresh night clothes. I decided to make my rotor just the same otherwise she might think I’d stopped sweating at night and started perspiring instead. Isn’t that what girls do?

I dressed for school or sixth form college as it was called that was a bit more relaxed. I had to find something to cover the mark on my neck so I was a bit self conscious as I sat at the breakfast bar. Boys don’t really wear a scarf under their shirts but other than a polo neck it was the only thing I could think of.

We sat and watched the breakfast news on TV. I was usually quiet but today mum wouldn’t leave me to my cereal. ‘You were in bed early last night. Were you ill or just tired?’

‘I was feeling a bit fed up and bored so I decided on an early night.’

‘Well you look tired . Are you OK?’

‘I guess so.’

‘Let me look at you a minute. Is that mascara in the corner of your eyes? Have you been wearing eyeliner ?’

I almost died on the spot before recovering to jump up and run to the hall mirror. I couldn’t deny it. In my haste I’d done a bad job with the wipes.

‘Err. Yes it is I was playing around with Millie and she put it on me to see what I looked like.’

‘Who’s Millie? I hope that you haven’t been bringing girls around whilst I’m at work. You know the rules.’

‘No mum I haven’t. We just met at the library then went for a coffee. We were just fooling around and I’d made fun of her attempts to apply make up with no mirror. So she got her revenge.’

‘Oh well just behave. I worry about you on your own. I don’t like to have to work and I’m thinking about changing my job.’

‘No mum I’m perfectly OK. I like the chance to chill out or study. Please there is no need to change jobs and the money is good.’

‘Well just behave then and then I will carry on.’

I would have to take care or I’d lose my chance to spend more time in Beckys shoes.

‘What’s the reason for the sarf?’

‘Oh we have to all wear an item of clothing from the opposite sex today and Millie gave me this.’

‘I worry about you lot and the teachers at your school. They’ll be allowing you to go the full hog soon.’

I should have been so lucky.

‘What is Millie wearing today then? I hope you didn’t make her wear your socks.’

‘Ha Ha very funny mom. In fact she is wearing my baseball cap.’

‘That’s not very inventive and same goes for you. But at least your not wearing her underwear. You aren’t are you?’

I must have blushed because mum gave me a strange look. I tried to melt away and disappeared to clean my teeth before heading off to college.

Just my luck Nicks had to be the first guy I saw. He seemed to look me up and down as I approached before saying Hi. I thought he was either reflecting on the night before or that he was getting more fond by the day.

‘Hi Nicks.’

‘Your bags look heavy today. Can I help you?’

‘No it’s OK thanks. I’m fine.’

I looked at him. Had he recognised me and why was he being so kind? ‘Sorry Nicks it’s kind of you but I’m not a girl you know. I’m strong enough to fend for myself.’

‘Really? Well you remind me of someone I know that’s all it is. Well actually someone I’d like to get to know more like.’

‘Be careful Nicks or rumours will start. Or are you suggesting something?’

‘No not really. But you do look like someone I’ve me before but let’s just leave it at that for now.’

‘Oh. OK then.’

We walked towards the large reception building and chaated a bit about alsorts of things. Eventually Nicks let slip that he’d arrived just in time to stop a vicious attack on a girl and that as weak as he was he’d suddenly felt like Superman and chased after a thug who might have raped her if he hadn’t been there.

‘Nicks I can’t believe it. Weren’t you frightened?’

‘No I just had to intervene whatever happened to me. She was like an angel. The most beautiful girl I’ve seen around here. But by the time I got back she’d gone. I hoped that she got away safely. Maybe I’ll go back and see if she travels that way regularly.’

‘Nicks you are a hero. We should tell the headmaster so he can warn students in case this nutcase tries again.’

‘leave it please. I don’t like a fuss and anyway I met mum and her frind and Millie MacDonald from school. Mum keeps trying to fix us up but I’m not that much into her. I prefer my girls a bit more grown up and a little bit slimmer.’

‘what do you reckon happened to the guy you chased? You don’t think he is from our school do you?’

‘Well if he is then he’s easily spotted because he’ll be limping or walking with crutches. I saw this girl use her stiletto heel on him and he’s lucky he wasn’t pinned to the floor.’

‘Oh Nicks you are a hero. I hope someday she has chance to repay you. Did you know her?’

‘No I doubt she was from our school. She looked a bit more grown up. She had a great figure and such a beautiful face. I need to find her whatever I do. She owes me a big kiss as the very least compensation.’

‘Nicks you can’t think like that. She might not like you.’

‘Well she might not but I’m still going to try to find her. It might be the girl who’d been to dinner with mum, Millie and Millies mum. Apparently she was a nice girl and mum had a shock when I told her what happened. She was frightened in case something more serious had happened. Millie was going to check with the Secretarys Office today. She goes to this school and Millie said her name is Rebecca. Not too common a name so maybe we’ll soon find her.

If I wasn’t careful my chances of more walks were going to rapidly diminish. How to manage the situation?

Nicks and I separated after we’d sorted out the things we needed for our first lessons. Then as I was turning the key in my locker I saw Millie coming in through the main doors. She was linking arms with another girl and looking around. Then they headed for the Secreatarys office and the door was closed behind them. I decided to keep a safe distance even though I ached to be a fly on the wall. The school secretary came out and asked me if I was waiting for something or if I needed help.

I stuttered a bit and then said I had a sick note to hand in and had forgotten it.
I went into her office and she filled in the register anyway. Then I saw the name of my possible assailant. ‘Injured foot. Dropped a piano on his toe whilst helping set up the stage.’

Unlikely reason. His name? ‘Scott Johnson.’

I knew him. Bit of a creep and always in trouble. I had hoped that at least it had been somebody who was better looking and thank goodness his hand hadn’t found its way beyond my waistband or his lips parted mine and allowed that awful tongue to search my mouth. I shivered at the thought of it.
‘Come on Ashton we haven’t all day. You need to be at your first lesson. Are you completing the register or not?’

‘No Miss it’s OK. I think I know where Nicks went.’

‘I don’t know what’s so interesting in here this morning. It seems you are all nosey today.’

up
203 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you Julie,

'another lovely story with your little 'cliffhanger'! Our Becky is going to have
problems,no doubt.

ALISON

What a Nice Surprise

To find a comment from you after all this time. You were one of the first to encourage me so now look what you did.

Jules

TBH...

To be honest,in real life, I would love to have problems helping other problems with their problems. I helped people before, but they don't know who I actually was..it would be a different matter if they knew..

Aurora

Rebecca?

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

"No, I don't see any Rebecca listed as a current student, are you sure you got the name right?"

Piano my @ss!

(giggles) Nice one Jules! I'll bet he'd wished it was a piano instead of a stiletto heel! (LOL). Becky's weaving a tangled web, she'd better come clean soon! Thank Jules for posting more of this one hon. (Hugs) Taarpa

OK more coming

I didn't expect such a nice request but I guess some of my stories are more popular than others.This did OK so maybe over time it got more hits without me noticing. I keep doing my best to gather interest but so much choice on this site.
Jules

Jules

More?

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Ooh!
More Becky?
Sounds good to me too!

And they start

Jamie Lee's picture

And now he's openly lying to others as himself. He was lying to others as Beckie, but lying to others as himself is starting to get him in so deep he'll be lucky if anyone ever trusts him again if/when his alternate persona is discovered.

But at least he knows who attacked him and maybe Millie(?). Now if he can figure a way to expose Scott Johnson.

Others have feelings too.

Walking in Becky's shoes part 4

At least now he knows who it was that attacked him maybe it was the same guy who attacked Millie

Girls rule