Sweet little spy pt 20

Printer-friendly version


Sweet Little Spy part 20

“That is correct, I want everyone to learn that. That is the way we do it here. In the Rangerettes.”

“Yes, coach.” everyone said.

“Now that that is out of the way. On behalf of the Rangerette coaching staff. I want to welcome you all to this years, Cheer season.” Mrs. Masterson began. “As most of you may know, I am Mrs. Masterson, the head cheer coach and coach of the varsity squad. Miss. Gorman is the Varsity assistant coach. Mrs. Chapmann is the JV Coach and Mrs. Aromanti is her assistant. Finally, Mrs. Cooper is the Freshman coach and Mrs. Harbuckle is her assistant.”

Mrs. Cooper stood and continued. “Now for the student leaders, as I announce your names please step forward. Starting with the freshman, Captain is Christine Hardison, Co-captain is Maria Kennedy. Moving on to the Junior Varsity, Captain is Marie Gonzolus and Co-captain is Jill Sanderson.” The first 4 were standing to Mrs. Coopers right. “Finally the Varsity captain is Lynn Wilson.” Lynn stood and walked up to stand to the left of Mrs. Cooper. “And the Co-captain for the Varsity squad, is Shelby Snyder.” There was applause from the rest of the teams.

I noticed that Mrs. Masterson nodded to Mrs. Cooper. Who then stood. Addressing the teams.

“So to squash some of the talk going around. I want to announce that the captain of the varsity cheer squad, Lynn Wilson is a freshman this year.” Talk erupted in the group of girls.

“OK, quiet down.” Mrs. Cooper exclaimed. The volume died slightly but however went back up, again.

“RANGERETTES!!!” It was Mrs. Masterson who hollered.

The crowd of girls became quite within seconds. Those who didn't know that when one of the coaches yell Rangerettes every girl needs to shut up and face forward. The new ones must have been told by a seasoned Rangerette. That was the rule I later found out.

“That is better, now Mrs. Cooper can finish.” Mrs. Masterson nodded to Mrs. Cooper.

She continued. “Thank you Mrs. Masterson. As I was saying, yes the captain of the varsity squad is a freshman. I know that traditionally the leader of the varsity squad is a senior. That is actually wrong. We choose the most experienced girl to be captain. Which normally is a senior. As they most likely been a Rangerette. for 3 year. However this year the most experienced Rangerette happens to be Lynn Wilson. Lynn has 7 years of cheer-leading background. 2 years on the elite All American Cheer team. All of you seen the warm up that Lynn and her little sister, Allison did at tryouts.

Both Lynn and Allison are on the All American cheer team. The team is comprised of the best of the best cheerleaders from across this country. Mostly from private cheer studios. About 90% of the NFL cheerleader management, and coaches are former members of the All American Cheer team. We are not only lucky that Lynn decided to attend Ridgemore. The coaching staff of the Rangerettes. Made a unanimous decision. We also invited Lynn's sister to join the team. Which she accepted.” gasps could be heard behind me.

“OK, quiet down or all of you will go to ready position and stay there until all of you are dismissed to run a few laps.” Mrs. Masterson stepped up

You could have heard a pin drop in that gym.

“Thank you again, Mrs. Masterson. I know what you are thinking. How can a 6th grader. I know that everyone had heard that bit of news. How could she join the team. There is no minimum age. Only requirements are that you have to be a student. There is also an academic requirement as well. As you experienced members can attest to. We have looked into both Lynn and Allison's school records. They do more than qualify to be Rangerettes.

“Thank you, Mrs. Cooper. Now we are going to break up into our individual squads. Freshman follow, Mrs. Cooper. JV follow Mrs. Chapmann and Varsity will stay here. One more thing, If anyone has a problem with the decisions that have been made by myself, the cheer coaching staff or anybody else. My door is always open feel free to come and voice any grievance you have.

You may go with your individual coaches. Thank you.”

I joined Lynn up with the coaches. While the freshman and JV coaches went to were they we going to have there meetings. There squads followed them. Now it was just the 15of us. The bakers dozen cheerleaders and the two coaches.

Looking at my teammates, it seemed like most of them where seniors. Of course, Lynn was a freshman and I was just 6th grader. Once the other were gone. Miss Gorman motioned for the girls to sit in the first two rows. 6 girls in each. Me and Lynn sat in the first row, so actually 7 in the first row. Lynn sat next to her co-captain, Shelby. Both me and Lynn sat in the ready position.

“OK, girls. You all demonstrated that you have the experience and what it takes to be on the Varsity Cheer squad. The top Rangerettes. Now lets get started. Now I want to make sure there is no animosity against who we picked for the Captain. I will ask that each one of you, tells us the truth about your feelings. I want the honest truth from each of you.

Lets start with our Co-captain, Shelby. What are your thoughts? Now be honest.”

Shelby was a petite blonde, about 5'5. She started, “Coach Masterson and Coach Gorman. I think your choice for Captain was the best for the team. I am sure Lynn will bring quite a bit of enthusiastic touch that we need to be top in our division.

“Thank you, Shelby. Cassidy your thoughts?”

Cassidy was a tall thin redhead, a sprinkle of freckles across her nose. Hazel eyes. “Well Coach I am sure that Lynn may have the knowledge and experience. But does she have the maturity to be the top Rangerette. As the Captain of the Varsity Rangerette's is the top of the heap at Ridgemore.”

“Thank you, Cassidy.” Mrs. Masterson started. “I do realize that Lynn is going to be the top of the heap. She has to go to all the functions, dances, proms, everything. Remember I was once Captain of the Varsity Rangerettes. I know the demands of the job. I do think that Lynn will be able to handle it.”

Lynn raised her hand. Mrs. Masterson “Yes, Lynn. You have something to add.”

She stood up. “Yes, Coach I do.” She took a couple of steps then turned to address the Varsity squad. “Let me start by saying thank you to Coach Masterson and Coach Gorman for believing in my ability to lead this squad. Now, As my little sister can attest to the All American Cheer team. Isn't just about shaking our butts and doing back flips.”

“We also have to attend quite a few non competition events also. You may have noticed they way that both my sister and I were dressed yesterday. We had worn our what we call our casual uniform. Those of us on the All American team is required to dress a certain way. Even when we are not on the mats. Our hair has to be a certain way, as does our make up. We have to do everything a certain way, the way we sit, stand, walk, and even talk. Neither one of us can just decide to wear the yoga pants my sister wore yesterday, to a normal day of class. That would be an automatic dismissal from the team. If we wear the yoga pants or shorts, we must wear a certain top, along with socks and shoes. Our hair and make up too. The only thing we can wear separate is the pink jacket, Allison wore.”

Looking at the coaches “Excuse my language, coaches.” then back at the team. “Don't for one second think I am a conceded bitch. But It takes a huge commitment to just make it to the selection process for the All American Cheer Team. Let alone be a member for 2 years as both me and Allison have. Don't ever think I don't have what it takes to be captain."

With her cheer smile on she sat back beside me. In the waiting position.

“Well, Thank you. Lynn.” Miss Gorman answered.

Coach Masterson outlined the practice schedule. The second practice is when we are measured for our uniforms, if needed. That everyday there is a game. We are to wear our cheer uniforms. Even if it is a freshman game all cheerleaders must wear the uniform. To show support for the team. That is what the Cheerleaders job is, to support the teams. Promote team spirit to the school.

Mrs. Masterson listed the rules, do's and don't's. We needed to keep our grades at a high C average. Anyone getting less than that in two marking periods. Will be dropped from the team. If you get suspended you will be suspended from the team. The coaches will evaluate why you were suspended. They will decide if you stay on the team or not. Absolutely not initiation, hazing, or the like is permitted. You need to make all practices and games as well as the teams activities.

We were dismissed along with the other two teams. We made our way out. Mom had gone out with some of the other cheer moms. We found them out by the cars. Both me and Lynn were mobbed after the meeting. Each one asking about the AACT, or were we have been. Was the military tour cool.

Molly and Carrie who we met yesterday. Talked to us. They stayed once everything cooled down. Shelby stayed as well.

We talked about the team. Shelby and Lynn exchanged numbers as Shelby was the co-Captain. Lynn wanted her to come over later so the they could work on this years team. SO she gave Shelby our address. They made plans for 3 pm. We all headed home. It was just after one when we got home. Somebody was hungry and let mommy know she was. Mom made hotdogs for lunch. I had two. Hey I'm eating for two now.

Then there was a knock on the door. Since we were eating. Mom answered it.

“Oh, Hi Paige.”

Then a girls voice, “Hi, Mrs. Wilson. Mom said she seen Allison at her office and suggested I come over and visit.”

“Well the girls are just finishing up lunch. You can come in a wait. If you like.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Wilson. That would be great.”

Mom came back into the kitchen, “When you two get finished I want to introduce you to someone.”

“OK,” We both said.

I finished mine first. Going out into the living room. There was a girl about my age. Maybe an inch taller, dirty blonde hair about shoulder length and pretty blue eyes.

“Hi, I'm Allison.” I went up to her and stuck out my hand.

“Hi, I'm Paige. From next door.” She shook my hand.

“Dr. Reid's daughter.”

“Uh, huh.” She smiled. “Sorry, I would have been over sooner but I just had surgery.”

“What kind,”

“girl stuff, yah know.”

“yeah, I know ouch.”

“yeah, that too.” she giggled.

“Hi, I'm Allison's sister, Lynn.” Lynn came in.

“Hi, I'm Paige Reid.”

Me and Paige hit it off great. Lynn stuck around for a while. Then took off. We talked in the living room for a bit then went up to my room. We spent the rest of the day either in my room or outside. We went over Paige's house.

I met her dogs, Smokes was her mom and dads dog and her dog was Tinkerbell. Or Tink. They were Shelties, She says her grandma breeds them. Tink followed us every were. Paige calls her, her shadow, she is almost never without her.

We talked about all kinds of things, Her sisters, all 7 of them, All of them are married. Her sister Kelsey is married to a girl. Brook. They have twin 9 year old daughters. With 2 more on the way. Her sister, Kennedy has 2 kids, Keely has twins too. Marsha and Madison. So does her sister, Keira. Ashley and Amanda. Her only sister that doesn't have any kids is Kalley. That is yet.

“Wow, you do have a big family, Paige.” I started. “Yah wanna know a secret?”

“Sure” She quietly answered.

“I'm gonna have a baby too.”

“I want to too.” She says, “Someday.”

“Well, I'm gonna have one in March.”

“Wait, what? You are preggers? Like for reals”

“Yeah, I am.”

“OK, so how.”

“Uh, you may want to ask your mom about that.”I mentioned.

“I know about the birds, and the bees. I mean when and who and then how did he get into your pants?”

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well....

Samantha Heart's picture

the truth is stranger then fiction, then sgain with the Reed sisters... maybe not so much. However both Linn & Allison have been sworn to secrecy Neather may finish their opritive training but bot are STILL EXTREMELY dangerous & deadly if need been just like the Reed Ninja Sisters lol all 7 OF THEM!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Top of the heap?

Jamie Lee's picture

Ho boy, bet Jill is smoldering being put on the JV squad, especially because she felt her place was capatin of the varsity squad. Also bet at some point her anger will get the better of her and she'll attack Lynn. Unknown to her, if she makes that move it may be the end of being a cheerleader. Or being in school, since she most probably will be in the hospital. Or recovering at home.

Top of the heap? Are they serious? Being on the varsity squad puts them on the top of the heap in school? And all they have to do is maintain a high C grade average? Top of the heap would be having to maintain a straight A average. Wow, a bunch of self important girls who think themselves above all other girls in school because they are on the varsity squad. What an after graduation life they'll have.

Lynn and Allison are lying through their collective teeth. Neither belong to any such master cheerleading group that travels and competes, but who's going to get anything but what's been planted on any search site?

If anyone does uncovers any of the lies being told, might anyone believe them or might the person have some sort of accident?

Others have feelings too.