The Surgeon's Lodger Part 2

Printer-friendly version
castle.JPG

They moved into the living room. The old but comfortable sofa welcomed them both. They sat apart, but at a angle so they could talk. Michelle's knees touched Sam's. Unwilling to part from such an understanding warm presence.

"So how long have you felt this way Michelle?"

She thrilled at being called by her female name. Until today no one had ever called her anything but Micheal, or freak.

"I knew when I was seven years old. I tried my mother's clothes on. She indulged me, much to the disgust of my stepfather. He called me a freak and threaten to beat it out of me."

"It's so sad how people think along rails. There is very little difference between males and females. We as humans amplify them. You are a man so therefore you will act this way and wear this."

"My mother indulged me, but only when my father wasn't about. He grew to hate me."

"Did you know we all start of as female, but our XX, or XY, chromosomes determine how we develop. Testicles are like a descended womb. The clitoris is a shortened penis. Vaginal lips are the same skin as scrotal tissue. The...."

"Please Sam too much detail!"

Sam noticed her nose wrinkled when she laughed.

"Sorry, always on as a surgeon. What I mean is sex is of the body, gender is of the mind. If you feel like a woman you need to express yourself as one. Have you ever been out as Michelle?"

"What! good god no. My mother died when I was eleven and my step father threw all my girls stuff away. He said he would throw me out if he saw me in anything girly."

"You need to go out, relate to the world as Michelle, see how it relates to you."

"I can't people would laugh, they would all see I'm a man."

Sam dragged her up, and stood her in front of the mirror in the hall.

"Look at yourself. All I see is a very attractive women. You even painted your nails."

"I have had plenty of practice. I hadn't dressed since I was eleven.I tried to fight it. But being alone in a house with a bedroom full of women's clothesI couldn't help it. When I found the wig it just seemed like fate."

"Come out with me now. Come for a walk."

"I can't I'm too scared."

"Look Michelle, you need to realise you are an attractive woman, think that you are and that's what people will see. I'll be there nothing will happen. Just trust me I'm a doctor."

She laughed at that remark and dried her eyes.

"Just a suggestion, get some lower heels and a handbag. You may want a coat it's getting a little nippy."

"I have studied every makeup and deportment video on youtube in the last year. I do know what to wear and when, Mr doctor. Ok, I'll come if it's doctors orders."

She went to the bedroom. She put on some low heel wedge court shoes and a plain, mid length black coat. She checked her look in the mirror. She saw a attractive looking housewife type of women looking back. This might work she thought. She headed down the stairs, her heart and stomach doing cartwheels.

Sam linked arms with her and they headed toward the town. As they passed the station there was a throng of people, a train must have arrived. Hertford East was the end of the line, so there were never too many. They passed the couple without a second glance.

In the town Sam stopped to look at a menu in the bistro. He saw their reflection in the window, a good looking couple he thought. He saw Michelle's radiant smile. She was happy. This was the right thing to do.

Sam led her through the town to Hertford castle. He loved history and felt he need to explain it to her.

"See that mound, that was the original motte. There was a building on top. Just after 1066, the Normans forced the local to build the mound then the build walls around the base."

"You love history don't you"

They crossed the bridge into the castle grounds. On the other side of what was once the moat, they held hands. She looked into his eyes.

"Tell me more. I've lived here for two years, and didn't known any of this."

"We must remember our history Michelle. Those in the past have made many mistakes, so we don't have to make them again. They way beautiful, special people like you were treated for instance. We should accept people for what they are, not what we expect."

She wanted to reach up and kiss him. She didn't need to. He lent down and kissed her. Her arms around his neck, she cocked her right leg up as she reached up meeting his kiss.

"Sorry Michelle, I just couldn't help it."

"I would have kissed you if you hadn't Sam."

They walked around the grounds and Sam explained that the castle gatehouse was built about 1170 and rebuilt 1463. Parts of the wall may be 800 years old. The French captured the castle for a year in 1215.

She stopped him again reached up for another kiss.

"I think you are capturing my heart Sam. I'm falling in love with you. It's scary, I've never felt this way about anyone. You're too good to be true."

"I feel the same way about you. I have always found special ladies like you very attractive. Some women are feminine by nature, some just don't bother. Women now seem to treat their femininity as a weakness and reject it. Special women like you crave it and cherish it. Femininity is a strength that compliments masculinity. My wife seemed very feminine until I married her. Then I realized she used it to bag herself a rich doctor. Well I'm not rich now."

"I don't care about that. I just love they way you understand me. I've never told anyone about myself, but with you it felt easy."

"My wife called me a pervert because I looked at pictures of gender reassigned women. I'm sorry if I seem old fashion, but I enjoy feminine women."

"Were they naked pictures?"

"I'm a doctor, how many women do you think I've seen naked?"

She laughed.

"Point taken."

"I would love to have a relationship with you Michelle, but I'm afraid as soon as we get serious you will start wearing jeans and men's shirts like my wife did."

She kissed his cheek and said.

"I wouldn't care if I never wore a single pair of trousers again in my life. These clothes feel so right, so me."

"I really am falling for you Michelle."

He showed her the rest of the castle and had one more surprise for her.

"The main building there was home for Elizabeth the first as a child. There was a myth she was a man. The myth said Elizabeth died of the plague just before Henry, her father was to visit. So they took a village boy called Neville and dressed him as Elizabeth to avoid Henry's anger. That's why she was the virgin queen."

"Wow, was that true. I wouldn't have minded being Neville if it were."

"No, just a rumor, that's all. Do you fancy a drink in the Six Templar's?"

The pub was just outside the castle wall. Michelle knew it well, as it was the least expensive pub in Hertford. She was worried she would be recognized and didn't want to spoil her perfect day.

"How about we get some wine and take it home?"

They left the off licence, and walked home hand in hand, looking forward to an interesting night to come.

©Leeanna19 2022

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Only One Quibble

joannebarbarella's picture

I wish he'd stop calling her "special". She's a woman!

Special or not?

On one hand you are right, she is “simply” a woman. On the other hand, she is not exactly the mainstream kind of woman, but a special kind of woman. And on the gripping hand, she is his special woman – the one he cares for.

Michelle and the Surgeon

Leeanna, what a splendid follow up to part 1. Your writing paints a vivid picture of their time together and their environment. In living color. You can feel their humanity and sense their longing. Strolling hand in hand at the end, gives me goosebumps. And , here's a toast to all of us " special ladies" out there. May everyone be as lucky as Michelle. Michelle xxx

Michelle

Go ahead + call her a special girl, Sam, if Michelle likes it

laika's picture

My reaction to that phrase (Jeez! What did I start?) has nothing to do with them + I'm no longer with the terminology police (not until Internal Affairs clears up that little potato/potahto kerfuffle I was imbrogled in back in June...). I celebrate their happiness and the miracle of these two finding someone so right for them.

Is that Wedding dress/Married/Bridesmaid tag at the top of this chapter
a foreshadowing of chapters/events to come? I really hope so;
since this sweet story is romantic as fuck already
and they're just getting to know each other...
~sigh, Veronica

.
Oh, and speaking of Special Girls and their admirers (it's real short...):
https://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/fiction/64166/girl-with-somet...

Expectations vs acceptance

Jamie Lee's picture

Sam stated an important point, accepting someone rather than what is expected. But that is a tid bit which seems to be part of human make up.

As far back as can be determined, humans had the same belief of accepting those who were like them. While rejecting, or killing, those who weren't. It is also possible, like Sam, there were those who knew to accept the person and not what they were expected to accept.

Was Michael's stepfather angry at him because of his dressing in his mom's clothing, or because stepfather couldn't get away with doing it himself? Or look as good as Michael?

Michael has wanted acceptance as Michelle for a long time. Then comes along Sam, a man who understands and accepts Michelle. Is Michelle truly falling in love with Sam or in love because Sam understands and accepts Michelle?

They need to move slowly and give themselves time to explore their relationship. This will give them time to see if they truly love each other or because each one fulfills the other's desire.

Others have feelings too.