Carla & Julian - Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

boy-crush-girl-_2.jpg

Carla Maria and Julian

By Julie D Cole

This is a story inspired by a wonderful YouTube Video recently posted. This is my take on the build up to that video and perhaps I will share the title at the end of the story unless there is a risk of me getting into trouble.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The look in Carlas eyes showed a seriousness that I took as the decision was made and I knew that it would delight my mother. I could tell that Carla had already decided to accept dads offer of a job and she had already proved that she saw me as a girlfriend rather than as her boyfriend. Maybe I had fallen into her trap, but it wasn’t like it was uncomfortable.

She put her arm around my waist and smiled at me and whispered. ‘It wouldn’t be so bad would it to share the experience? I’m perfectly comfortable with the idea if you are.’

I guess I must have nodded my agreement because Carla leaned over and kissed me passionately on the lips and I responded. It was like we were all alone and the passion between us lasted several minutes before Carla sat back and smiled.

‘Juliana, my Juliana I never felt this way about anyone before. I think you look so beautiful as a woman and you make me feel comfortable about myself at long last. Mum and dad have always known I was unconventional and so I think our developing relationship has pleased them. They knew before I did that you were right for me and they encouraged me to ask you to marry me.’

‘But do they think I’m gay or something?’

‘No, just unique. Special in fact. Their attitude has always been that there is someone waiting out there for all of us. You just took a little finding.’

‘Do they see me as a man or as a woman then?’

‘Probably both. I don’t think they are too concerned either way as long as I’m happy. I’ve had relationships with boys and girls growing up and they’ve not interfered.’
‘Am I on the bounce?’

‘No don’t be silly. You know I’ve not been seeing anybody else. You are sweet and sensitive and fun to be with. I wasn’t certain if you were male and female when we first met. I realised that you were both. Right now you are totally female and you did it for me. I think you know I like the ambiguity that you present don’t you?’

‘Yes, I know. I lose any desire to be my male self though when I’m around you in case you decide to break our relationship. I suppose that is what held me back from asking you to marry me.’

Since we were alone in the jacuzzi Carla reached out and cupped my left breast and asked if there was any sensation but sadly there wasn’t any at all, so I shook my head.

‘Pity because I can assure you that the sensations are electric. Maybe you just need some help and then you won’t need the prosthetics.’

‘You mean have boobs. That’s a bit OTT isn’t it? At least I can remove these.’

‘Well I’m not talking 36’s or 38’s more 34’s to match your body size.’

‘There’s too much to consider in one go. Especially if you are serious about me wearing a wedding dress. It does appeal to me the more I think about it. Men do seem to get more of a raw deal at weddings.’

‘Good we should discuss the idea with your mum and I suggest we meet her later and let her meet her daughter.’

We kissed again and when I came up for air I nodded and agreed.

We stayed another fifteen minutes and then headed to the showers before drying off and getting dressed. Once back at reception I managed to contact mum to fix a time to meet back at the hotel that gave us time to call in at the beauty salon where we had our hair washed and blow dried. Then I was persuaded to let the girls apply a little make-up whilst I found out that Carla had declined.

‘That’s not fair Carla. I bet it was you who put them up to it.’
‘Might have. But they didn’t go mad. It’s just to see how you look as Juliana. You’ve been fitted with the body now you have the finished look.’

‘Don’t I get a say in this. You are pushing me hard and I’m losing my identity.’

‘Juliana we can stop any time and just go away somewhere and have a quiet wedding. I’m happy to finish my studies that will please my parents and forgo the job offer your dad has made. We can live with my parents until we are in jobs and ready to set up home.’

‘But you don’t know my dad. As far as he is concerned you agreed and you shook hands on it.’

‘So just play along and I’ll honour my promise. Spend some time with me as Juliana and we’ll get married as two brides. I’ll take the job and your mums dreams can come true and she can get involved with the wedding.’

‘I guess it’s OK.’

When we arrived back in our room I called mum to let her know we were back. She had a gift for us to celebrate our engagement and Carla suggested this was the right time to let her meet her daughter and discuss our decision to marry as two brides. I took a long deep breath and nodded.

I agreed to change into the dress mum had bought and this would be a wonderful surprise and we arrived in the executive lounge ahead of her so I could hide and appear after she sat down. Carla stood up to greet her as she struggled as she carried a gift wrapped present. Once settled mum placed the gift on the table and asked Carla if we’d had a good time and where I was.

‘Well it’s a surprise for you. We want to involve you in the wedding and make it as special as we can for all of us. We’ve had this idea and we thought you might help us turn it into reality.’

‘How can I help. I’m delighted of course.’

‘Well first of all perhaps you should see the results of our Spa day. We had a great time.’

I stepped out from behind a screen right on cue and saw mums face light up immediately.

‘Mum you recognised me immediately. How so?’

‘Well Julian dear even if I’d had any doubts the dress would give it away. You are so beautiful and the dress is so pretty. I just knew it would be perfect for you. Yellow is your colour.’

Carla chipped in and stood beside me putting her arm around my waist. ‘Mrs Li you have a wonderful son and a beautiful daughter inside. I fell in love with Julian when we first met because I could also see Juliana. Finally she came out.’

‘Mum I promise this is just a holiday thing and not permanent.’

Carla gave me a pinch to let me know that she might not agree. ‘Juliana and I have something to tell you Mrs Li. Come on please tell your mum.’

‘Mum I convinced Carla to have a full wedding ceremony and to involve a Wedding Planner and that you and dad can be involved and contribute.’

‘Oh Julian, sorry Juliana that’s wonderful. Carla you will make a wonderful bride.’

‘Well the thing is mum there is one detail to add that we both agree on. The wedding will have two brides and both of us will wear wedding dresses and carry bouquets.’

‘Oh my goodness what a lovely surprise. Carla will your parents approve.’

‘Well they know me very well and how determined I am when I make my mind up about something.’

‘But mum there is just one obstacle to overcome. What will dad say?’

‘Oh Juliana just leave him to me. He’s used to getting his own way in business but this is family and we decide together. Whatever you might think he loves you to pieces and if I’m OK with the arrangements he always backs me to the hilt. I can see the happiness in your face in that dress so goodness know the effect that a wedding dress will have on you.’

We hugged and then mum pulled Carla in and I held on as my knees turned to jelly. After a few minutes we sat down and ordered some Chinese tea and cookies to celebrate. Then mum handed over our engagement present that Carla and I opened together.

It was a beautiful leather-bound album entitled ‘Our Life Story’ to fill in together and record events and memories as they occurred and some past ones. It was a beautiful idea and mum had a tear in her eye as she watched our reactions.

After our tea mum asked that I should stay dressed as I was for the evening so that dad could meet me and that she would explain everything to him when he arrived back. She promised to let me know everything was fine before we went out for dinner.

Carla suggested that in the meantime we had some fresh air outside away from the air conditioning and that we took a walk around the hotel gardens together. She quickly took the gift up to our room leaving mum and I to have a few minutes private time together. Mum hugged me and promised everything would be fine so not to worry. She could handle dad.

Walking around the gardens Carla and I chatted about her family and the relief that our engagement would bring to her parents who had resigned themselves to the fact that their eldest daughter was gay and would never marry. Carla believed that they wished it was her who was incapacitated in a wheelchair rather than her younger sister Sandra who could never have children and they felt that life was cruel. Carla was the eldest and since there was no son then she had taken on responsibility for her siblings and especially for Sandra who doted on her. The youngest sister was Emily who had boyfriends since she was about 12 years of age. Unlike me Carla had a wider family with quite a few cousins who gathered from time to time. Being of Chinese descent I wondered if I would be welcomed but Carla insisted it was not a problem.

‘But if the knew I was dressed like this as well. What then?’

‘Then what more like not what then. It means they have a choice to make. It’s my choice who I want to spend the rest of my life with, not theirs. Anyway I think they will like you a lot. I’ve shown them photo’s.’

‘Please not in a dress.’

‘No don’t worry. I prefer they meet you in the flesh and that can be as Julian or Juliana that will be your choice.’

When we arrived at our room I got the call from mum that I was expecting. My stomach was churning over and I’d had to visit the bathroom 3 times. I sat looking out of the window.

‘Julian dear you dad is back. We had a good chat and he wants to meet Juliana with Carla. Nothing I told him was a surprise. It seems that the lady who is running his office here, Veronica, has explained her concerns about you and she told him that you would need treatment. Your dad was not happy with her attitude that is why he had to spend so much time in the office here. He has replaced her. Also he asked Rosa Marie to be our guide and keep an eye on you. She used to work for dad until Veronica forced her to resign. She was a man when she first worked for your dad that I never knew.

‘So did dad stay calm when you told him?’

‘I would say he was almost relieved to hear that you were still a son as well as a daughter and that you had met someone who can make you happy.’

I couldn’t describe the feeling of relief as the call was dropped. Tears flooded and I put my head in my hands. Carla put her arms around me and offered a tissue.

‘Carla it’s OK dad either guessed or was told that I would never be the strong son that he hoped that I’d be. Probably our relationship has helped a lot. He thinks we are a good team.’

Carla pulled me up and we hugged,

‘Come on Juliana we need to freshen up. We can’t let dad meet you with red eyes can we?’

……………………………………………………………………….

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It’s too bad.......

D. Eden's picture

That all parents can’t be as understanding and supportive of their children.

Mine weren’t. My father never met his youngest daughter as he and I had not been on speaking terms for years prior to my transitioning. Strangely enough, I am actually closer to my mother now than I was before, but how much of that is her ability to relate to her youngest daughter, and how much is because my father is not longer around is the question. He was a domineering asshole, and she has been much more open and loving without him.

The issue with Veronica did not surprise me, and it is great that Julian’s father has already dealt with her. Let’s just hope that she doesn’t come back to haunt them all.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Sorry to hear that

You had a bad time like so many others in this world. Some of us are more fortunate and it's how the cards fall and the deck is stacked I suppose.
This story was inspired by a video as I've said so you will be able to judge the relationships in a real life situation down Mexico way.
Keep battling,

Jules

Carla's in Charge

Looks like everything is going to work out for Carla and Julian(a). I knew Veronica's days were numbered. There's no future in not treating the owner's family well.

Julie, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Again

Yes they seem well suited.
Thanks for your comment as always.

Jules

Another great chapter...

Mantori's picture

... but what else would I expect.

You mentioned this video a few times, that it is the inspiration for the story.

I really hope that it turned out exactly as you had planned and imagined.

But if possible, I hope the story does not just end when you reveal the video.

There can always be a continuation of a story once it reached a point where it becomes the piece of 'art' seperate from it's inspiration.

Well I am a bit biast maybe, because I like your work so much.

Always looking forward to the next chapter.

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

Thanks Mantori

I keep looking at the video and to be honest it merits a book because the central characters are amazing.
But I have to try to find a balance and not bore readers.
I appreciate the support.

Jules

Two different attitudes

Jamie Lee's picture

Two things are apparent in this chapter. Where Carla doesn't care whether her parents approve of Julian being Juliana, Julian was worried sick that he would be rejected as Juliana by his father. This shows how different their upbringing was given their cultures.

The other thing was the unease at the office, which has been rectified. People like Veronica are self appointed monitors who believe they have the right to determine where and with who. People like her impose their own brand of right and wrong and end up cause rifts to develop. She should be lucky someone in the office didn't physically show her what they thought of her opinions.

So, two wedding dresses?

Others have feelings too.