At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 50

Printer-friendly version

At last ‘A life’
By Julie D Cole
Chapter 50 Heart to Heart

‘What do you mean that you met your real father?’

‘I met Kate’s dad, Darren Harper and then I met dad.’

‘Dad, what do you mean you met dad? You went to Manchester didn’t you and he lives in London.’

‘Mum Kate arranged lunch with her dad and he has met with dad and together they made a plan for dad to meet me. He wanted to talk to me and you know that I’ve stayed loyal to you and haven’t met him or answered his calls or letters since he left home.’

‘Yes I know dear and I’m sorry that your father and I have parted and caused this difficulty for you but really whilst I am grateful for your support and loyalty I never influenced you.’

‘Yes I know mum it has been my decision. I couldn’t forgive dad for leaving you and hurting you but now I”ve talked with him and understand a lot more about the family history I think that I was a bit too impulsive.’

‘Mum I realized how much dad loved us all and how sad he was to lose contact. He was very nice and he never once questioned me about why I started living as a girl or why I was dressed like this.’

‘Chris your dad loved you very much and he didn’t leave because of you. Or Julie’

‘I know mum. Well now I know I think but I’m still not sure. Now I know more about Aunt Judith and the fact that she was my birth mother and the complications surrounding her when she was killed.’

‘Chris, it was a very tragic accident and your life was spared. The surgeon had a choice to make whether to try to save your life or Judiths and since she was badly injured both of you could have been lost. He made the right choice.’

‘But mum nobody ever told me. Why?’

‘Chris there were reasons and these were kept inside the family. It badly affected Gran and she has never really come to terms with the accident or the hurt that Judith had prior to it and she has lived with a lot of personal guilt ever since.’

‘Why mum is it because Darren Harper and Judith were having an affair?’

‘That’s part of it Chris but not all of it’

‘Mum what happened? Is Darren Harper my dad?’

‘Chris your Gran and Judith had a big argument about Darren and in fact they had a lot of arguments about him because he was married.’

‘Mum I have now met him and it seems like he was going to leave his wife and children to live with Judith and then he changed his mind. Did he change his mind? Am I right or wrong?’

‘Yes you are right he did change his mind when he found out Judith was pregnant and then he told his wife and he was going to leave but she begged him to stay for the sake of his children.’

‘That’s Kate and her sister and now I’ve found that Kate knows about his affair with Judith and how he was going to leave. She suspected that I was her half brother or half sister I suppose.’

‘But why didn’t he help Aunt Judith if she was pregnant. What happened mum and Is Darren Harper my dad or not? You haven’t answered me’

‘Chris, I think that Judith made a mistake when she asked Darren to leave his family and she had let the relationship go too far. She was infatuated with him.’

‘Mum it seems like he loved her.’

‘He did love her and she loved him but Gran interfered and told Judith she was throwing her life away and whilst she like Darren she knew it was wrong and that he had responsibilities.’

‘Mum I don’t think that Darren Harper is my real dad now I’ve met him. He doesn’t act like he is my dad either even though he wanted to meet me. Mum there is no family resemblance.’

‘Chris I never said he was your father and nobody has really mentioned him.’
‘But mum why was I adopted by you and dad?’

‘Chris we were your family and Judith was my sister. We couldn’t expect Gran to look after you and she was badly affected and in no fit state to look after herself let alone you.’

‘But mum what happened to cause Darren to go back to his family?’

‘He had been arguing with Judith and she tried to make him jealous. She decided not to see him. Then she found out she was pregnant and he found out and came to see Gran. He thought he was the father’

‘Mum was Judith pregnant by Darren or the other man?’

‘Well that became clear when Darren met Gran and it caused a big argument between Judith and Gran on the night she was killed.’ Gran told Judith that she had been irresponsible and she had brought shame on the family.’

‘Mum I’m so sorry and I realize now that you were caught in the middle of all this. I’m so sorry and I love you so much.’

Mum hugged me and I hugged her. ‘Mum I know how brave you were and how much you loved me and how much you loved Judith.’

‘Chris it was my responsibility. We are all family and I lost my best friend in my sister but now she has come back to me.’

‘Mum who was the man that had the relationship with Judith?’

‘Is it who I think it is?’

‘Yes dear it is.’

To be continued………………..’

up
126 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As you can tell...

Andrea Lena's picture

...by my expression, I'm disappointed that the episode ended so soon; not for the secret, but because I really enjoy your story, and I would love to have read more. I'll be happy for what you did write, and thankful as well. Thanks Julie!!!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Re: latest chapter...

Jules
Thanks. I'm sorry but in view of the content I kept it short on purpose. I was very tempted to make it a long chapter since it was Chapter 50 so I have to make amends to you somehow.

Jules

At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 50

Learning her family secret has opened up her eyes to who she is.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Chrissy really needs to get

Chrissy really needs to get hold of some DNA samples and get a paternity test run. Everyone seems to be guessing who her biological father is, so asking them more forcefully seems like a bit of a waste of time to me.

Julie as usual yoiu leave us hanging!! :-)

Pamreed's picture

Who her father is or isn't is not the most important thing here!! It is Chrissy accecting herself and moving forward in her life!!
That takes s lot of soul searching I know I did it!! But I can say "It Does Get Better"!!

Indirect answers

Just how many times does she have to ask who her Father is before she gets a straight answer? AAAARRRGGGGHHHH! Geeeez, she gets answers like she is talking with politicians lol.

Vivi

Vivi

I'm glad I started reading this when it was finished...

Ole Ulfson's picture

I can move from chapter to chapter swiftly. I'd have had a stroke waiting for all these cliffhangers to resolve. That's commentary not criticism, because I do love the story. As my friends know, I do have my endowments but one of them isn't a strong PQ (Patience Quotient).

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!