Jem...Chapter 214

Printer-friendly version

*Hanna….

Practice was good, like really good and Summer didn’t just sing but she worked on playing a little more too with the guitar and with playing the guitar with me and to me and well Muzz as well.

Her singing *Fidelity* to me was really cool though a kind of topper to her seriously asking me to be her girl.

But the difference was also her turned around to play with us facing us so we can see her more and so that we can get a rapport going with each of us.

And some of it was just that us jamming just playing music freestyle and feeding off of each other. It was really cool and pretty professional looking to so I took a minute or two and got that on film or rather recorded.

Well recorded and streamed, some of this went live to our site and to our Facebook pages.

It was really cool timing as we got Summer and the others working hard on camera.

And anything streamed live has reality points.

We get even some really good back and forth of Muzz jamming out and getting really, really into playing.

We’ve got good flow going so I order in take-out from Lucky’s considering that we’re playing there tonight.

And I make a deal on camera that we ordered Lucky’s and that we’re playing there tonight and Muzz and I kinda pull a SLB with talking up the food and the food is freaking good and it’s that really good pretzel bun kinda burgers and they honestly do good fries here too and onion rings.

The other are eating and they are enjoying it and Gary actually sort of helps by saying. “You should have order two orders of the rings.”

Summer adds. “The fried pickles, the fried pickles actually rock.”

We talk and we eat and do a few more sets before we’re done and then we have some free time.

And Summer comes over and kisses me. “Dessert?”

“Sure?”

Then she leads me up to our bedroom.

*Summer… I’m not used to us doing stuff that Angel and Rayne are doing with the band stuff and the online stuff and the cameras. I mean I can see the value of like hyping stuff but it’s just weird, like less boundaries and things.

I kinda get the business side of why it’s good with like free advertising and stuff but that’s never been my deal.

I sing, sometimes play and sometimes write but I sing.

Watching Hannah work though is kinda cool and it’s kinda hot that we’re together and we have the control that we’ve been given from Old man Marshal.

It’s like.

Band...check…
Record...check…
On the Radio...check…
Signed to a label...check…
In a steady relationship...check…

In love...check…

And yeah.

That L word bit kinda is helping a lot.

And after all the stuff today so far I want some time with Hannah.

We slipped to our room early because I want to have this, this whole feel and relationship buzz and time before we go out and play at Lucky’s.

I’m still kinda the “top” if you can call it that and I like doing things that make Hannah get off, I like the sounds she makes and the ways that she moans and it’s kinda cool she’s shy around her bits but when I do things there she doesn’t have a like big dysphoric reaction.

Not that she’s about her dick.

She really isn’t if anything Hannah is like borderline straight leaning in liking being taken and filled and I’m her first long term girl partner and the first person that has ever done some of the things that I’ve done with her.

And we’re both into toys.

I gotta say though my little violinist is fucking good, really fucking good with her hands and well everything else.

And I’m very into her breasts.

I don’t know if it’s the thing where she kept me from like flying apart emotionally and I kinda did the very soothing nursing thing with her then but yeah they’re awesome and I really dig how perky and new and sensitive they are and she is.

But it’s so much more than that?

Like I’ve been getting finally just how damned beautiful she is.

And this afternoon it was a whole new thing for us.

Like after we kind of committed there was a whole new energy to us.

And like even after.

Kissing and cuddling and even a nap.

Then waking up and doing more kissing and cuddling but talking about stuff.

Like the show tonight and these different things that we can do with the others in the band to highlight them some but the band as well.

And the stuff we can do with like sets and things and hiring some of the local street kids here and even ripping of SLB with getting someone for like clothes and fashion and hair and make-up for the shows.

Then there’s the lezfest at The Cat which will help us too and some of the songs that she thinks we should do and what I think that we should do and all of that right up until us getting cleaned up and ready and packed up and ready to go to Lucky’s.

Charlie meets us at the back and him and Hannah hug and he’s asking how things are going and stuff and he helps us unload and I even shake hands with him.

I have been an asshole here especially after the stuff with Rayne and me and when SLB was coming in and getting gigs.

And I have apologized.

But it was Hannah that got that started and kinda set up the peace between us and when we came back we played the first gig for free.

As an apology.

Thursdays here are good nights.

People get paid on Thursdays and Fridays so people have coin to burn. And Lucky’s is half bar and half bowling alley so that brings in a crowd too.

We do have our own crowd that shows up here to see us too. We’re more on the edge of hard rock and metal and stuff so we have a certain audience.

We open with a practice jam doing *Rosebud* which is ours and it’s a guitar instrumental bit.

Then we start in hard with *Helter Skelter* and I belt it out, I do mine with that whole sort of like scratch girl metal edge to it but like if Joplin was singing it.

Then *Sound of Madness* By Shinedown...hard, heavy, catchy I really like it too cause the lyrics are like badass.

Then we go hard into our stuff once we set the mood with. *Brace for Impact*, *Do You Feel Me* and *Edge of My Seat* all By Kisses & Thorns.

People aren’t just listening either their up and their dancing too which has really great energy going on in front of the stage.

Then we hit them with a cover of AC/DC’s *Let There Be Rock* it’s a good song for this, it has speed with the drums and a hard lyrics pace and it really helps that Hannah is bouncing with them getting the worked up to.

Then we’re back to us and hitting them with *Running Hot* By Kisses & Thorns and it’s still new but it’s right in that bouncing partying wheelhouse where they like to jump and they like to sing along with this one.

And another cover. *Burn It To The Ground* By Nickelback.

Yeah Nickelback gets flack for being cheesy.

Fuck them I always order double cheese on my pizza and I eat fucking cheeseburgers they’re actually a good back and the money that they’ve made proves that.

And that’s the first half.

People come up and they are introducing themselves and asking stuff and I’m cool with that.

Exposure is of the good.

Though we get some questions as I sat with Hannah and slipped an arm around her and kissed her.

I freely admitted that we were an item.

People took it better than I thought.

I’m smoking hot. I know what I look like and a lot of guys are into me and into me as a rocker chick.

On the other hand there is a whole dyke and girl hard rock fan base with me too and they seemed to think that it was cool.

There’s no like hardcore dyke related assholes here.

The trans hating fucking bitches that say they’re there for women...but…

Yeah fuck those assholes.

We get some food dropped off to us compliments of Charlie and we eat some but we actually end up talking about music.

And even about the whole Cheers TV show sort of thing that SLB did here.

And then Hannah’s saying. “We can give you all a really good drinking song if you want to sing along like seriously something that’s like that.”

Someone asked. “I though that you only sang hard rock?”

I said. “Yeah mostly but I used to be the lead singer for Starlight Butterfly I can sing lots of other stuff.”

“Like what, what’s a bar song that you’d sing like them?”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah like Seriously!”

Hannah says. “She does this and on the spirits of the bar and rock gods you guys better buy some actual drinks.”

There’s some agreement and some laughter and after I get myself a beer and light a smoke I get a stool to set both on and I go and I talk to Dee.

I don’t use a guitar just the mic and it’s just her starting to play.

And as soon as she does people actually yell and cheer like especially that whole Lucky’s older crowd that comes here as they know the song.

Even if you don’t follow music everyone has heard Billy Joel.

I break into something a lot softer than my usual with *Piano man.*

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet
And I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

**When I get to the chorus it’s so cool as the whole place or just about the whole place is swaying and they are actually singing it right along with us.**

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

Now Charles at the bar is a friend of mine! **(I changed it for Charlie here.)**
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be

He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me."
As a smile ran away from his face
"Well, I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place."

Now Paul is a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talking with Davy, who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life

And the waitress is practicing politics
As the businessmen slowly get stoned
Yes they're sharing a drink they call "Loneliness"
But it's better than drinking alone

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been coming to see
To forget about life for a while

And the piano it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, "Man, what are you doing here?"

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

It was really, really stunning how much people were into it and by the end of the song there were drinks being poured and passed back over the people and there were phones and lighters lit up.

I motion the others up to the stage and reach down and pull Hannah right off of her feet.

We get ready to play again. “Here’s something else a little different from our usual.”

We go into *Mony, Mony* By Billy Idol Then *Too Drunk* By Buckcherry...seriously if you are not all all original content band they you play covers, you practice covers and even play stuff at home sometime that no one will ever see you play sometimes.

That’s why we can do this.

I just say the song and we end up jamming.

Only this time it’s a drinking song styled pick up jam on stage.

Then *Another on bites The Dust.* By Queen.

And then something different again with *Tubthumping* From Chumbawamba.

Then I have an idea.

I hold up a hand and a finger and talk things over with Hannah who brings the lyric up on her tablet and she does some copy paste and passes it around until they get it.

I change some of the words.

“Hey you fuckers want to hear something more our speed!”

There’s some cheers and a few “Fuck you too!” from the crowd.

I laugh. “You ever hear of the Rumjacks? They kinda fucking rock.”

There’s a few whistles and cheers.

“Here’s our version of Irish Pub.”

*Re-worded Irish Pub* By The Rumjacks.

There's a county map to up on the wall
A hockey stick & a hockey cup
The bric, the brac, the crap & all
Let’s call it an Harper’s pub!!!

Sleemans, Molson, Blue is on on tap
The Shepherds pie & that Quebec gravy crap
The ideal wannabe Hipster trap
We'll call it a Harper’s pub!!!

Whale, oil, beef, hooked! I swear upon the holy book
The only 'craic' you'll get is a slap in the head

Whale, oil, beef, hooked! I'll up & burst yer filthy mug
If you draw one more face in me beer!

We'll raise the price o' beer a dollar
We'll make em wear a shirt & collar
We'll come back from the rink and fly our colours
And call it a Harper’s pub!!!

Jager bombs & double shots
The underagers think its tops
We'll spike the drinks & pay the cops
We got us a Harper’s pub!!!

The quick one in the filthy bog
The partin' glass across the lug
O' the lady-O, the dirty dog
We got us a Harper’s Pub!

It's over to me and over to you
We'll skip along the Avenue
And who t'hell is Roch Voisine?
We got us a Harper’s Pub!!!

The song’s pretty new really but it’s making the rounds on the radios and the harder rock and satellite stations and yeah I messed with it but it really, really fits here and tonight.

And they freaking love it.

The actual song by The Rumjacks is hardcore Irish rock music and honestly I love it. It’s pulse slamming, boot stomping and yell along with them kinda stuff.

And now that they’re worked up we go into. *Rock N Roll* By Motorhead.

We’re still going pretty hard in the old school rock with a lot of dancing and drinking going on and people are having a good time and I shed my shirt and get down to my black lace bra and I keep singing even as people are cheering and I belt out.

*It’s a Long way to The Top if You want to rock ‘n roll.* By AC/DC and yeah I’ve got the chops for that even as a woman. If there was someone I sound like it’d be pretty close to Lizzy Hale.

AC/DC’s good because it gives Tara and Muzz space to play their guitars and they can really cook.

Then it’s *Bad Girlfriend* By Theory of a Dead man and the song is good the lyrics are solid in that chant/rap-never-rap sort of way and I do mine a little faster than they do it and Hannah’s awesome because she so goes with the idea we had for this too. Yeah this one’s not on the fly it’s one of our new covers and kinda her idea.

And we’re getting pretty much the end of our gig so. “We’re done folks, we’ll be here tomorrow night and we’ll definitely be in the mood to party! So how about we play you all out with a song for all of you really good buzz.”

And we finish it out with one of the other planned covers that Hannah and I came up with and that’s *Comfortably Numb* By Pink Floyd but with Hannah adding in some slow violin to it and her singing.

By the time we’re done we’re sweaty and hot and I’ve got that live rush from playing to a good crowd when they’ve been amped and I feel pretty good.

It kinda adds to this whole other high of Charlie being like good with us and saying we did good and then there’s the whole tear down and packing up stuff too which was entirely different this time since Hannah and I are like kissing a lot through the entire thing and touching and getting closer.

Even the whole after things like getting paid and stuff wasn’t like it was since Hannah is pretty good with Charlie and we all end up going home.

It’s actually kinda weird this time since the others have all kinda picked up or are kinda hooking up with people and instead of starting this whole party deal when we get back we unpack and then we let the others party and Hannah and I take off to our room and we lock the door after I sharpie marker up a sign saying “Private party, don’t fucking knock.”

Hannah made us some milkshakes before we headed up and she puts on one of her mixes to play and I start us a bubble bath.

I’m actually happy.

Like happy and yet my heart in pounding in a good way as we’re in the bathroom and she’s undressing me starting with me up against the counter and her unbuttoning my jeans and inching them down as she sinks to her knees.

up
162 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I kept waiting for her to

I kept waiting for her to play AC/DC'S (Have a drink on me)

Hanna and Summer both

deserve a good life with each other.

No Jem in Jem

Over 214 chapters and I think this is the first one that Jem does not appear in. Still a wonderful read as Hanna seems to have tamed the terrible parts of Summer. I suspect that soon the two bands will start to work together on one or more projects.

Keep the stories coming, Bailey. I'm so glad that you were able to squeeze some writing time into your schedule.

Dawn

Projects together

Well yes, the handwriting is on the wall with that.

The main barrier is that horrible betrayal of Raven when she left in that sociopathic way. I don’t know if true sociopaths can be changed but who knows.

I would have a hard time trusting her after poisoning the well like this, just like the reason why even marriages after an alcoholic reforms tend to head for divorce.