The Adventures of Over-Powered Girl

Printer-friendly version

Author’s note: This started as my entry in the tropes contest, but since I couldn’t finish it in time, I decided to set it free as a solo ….

The adventures of Overpowered girl (and her sidekick The Scribe)

Cast of Characters:
Dottie (Me!), aka the Scribe, sidekick of Overpowered girl
Jaci, my best friend, and not-so secretly known as OP girl
Now on with the show!

*****
Hey there, everybody! I have been given the green light from the powers that be to share with you a bit of the adventures of everybody’s favorite heroine, Overpowered girl, although they may do some editing. So sit back, and enjoy …

Due to security issues, some of what follows has been redacted before release - FBI.

Everybody remembers the day the super-suits appeared, and chose their new owners.

If there was rhyme or reason to who got one, and what it did, we have never learned it.

Mine gave me the power of perfect recall, which was a dream come true, because I’d always struggled with my memory.

But my friend Jaci hit the jackpot.

If any superhero in any comic had an ability, she has it, and at a high level of power, and several powers I’ve never heard of before.
Which led to people calling her Overpowered girl, or OP girl for short. As for me, I decided to call myself the Scribe, because I saw my role as the Dr. Watson to Jaci’s Sherlock, in that I would be her chronicler.

We weren’t the only kids to get the suits. Like there was Amy. I had always felt sorry for her. I mean, sure, she could burst into flames like the human torch in the comics, but every time she powered down she was nude, since her clothes were destroyed in her transformation.
Then there was Owen, whose suit transformed into a leather jacket with no shirt underneath, which guess was fine since he had become invulnerable. He called himself Lancer. Yeah, just like the old five-man-band trope. I honestly never had the courage to ask him who the other four were supposed to be.

Speaking of suit transformations, Jaci likes her powers, but absolutely hates the design the suit turned into. Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock, I might as well describe it. It looks like a Barbie prom dress, and the highest heels I’ve seen.

One time, I asked her, “How come you dont get leg cramps wearing those heels?”

“Whoever heard of a girl superhero who gets leg cramps from high heels?” she replied.

“Good point.” I had replied.

The Suits did more than give powers. Their existence, and the powers they gave, started changing society in all kinds of ways.
For example, I discovered I could not count on being alone in the fantasy/science fiction section of the school’s library anymore. Since the Suits appeared, it seems like everybody is looking for ideas for their powers, including people who before wouldn’t have been caught dead with a fantasy or science fiction book.

Like Rachel Connors, for instance, who was one of the school’s Goth clique, hadn't been one for the library, but now she was avidly reading science fiction books. Despite how she dressed, she was the most upbeat and cheerful person I’ve ever met, so cheerful a lot of people find it excessive. But since she was one of the few people who had dared to be my friend before we got our powers, I cut her some slack.
Of course, since I became the sidekick of the famous Overpowered Girl, my popularity had soared, but as far as I was concerned, I only counted on those who had liked me before, like Rachel. And of course, Overpowered girl herself, Jaci.

The only downside of being OP Girl’s sidekick is I’m the one villains kidnap all the time,

She always saves me, but it gets a little annoying sometimes. Although I’ve gotten a lot of “interviews” with villains while waiting for Jaci to arrive, so it's not all bad.

See, that’s the power my suit gave me. I can turn any situation into a story. Some people believe I was actually originally the only person to get a suit, but my subconscious decided having powers would be more fun if lots of people had one, especially my friend, Jaci. They say I’m responsible for how girly our costumes are.

But as I keep reminding Jaci, there’s just no way it's my fault ....

End.
Comments? - D.C.B. .

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

well duh

Of course its your fault!

nope

I'm totes innocent!

DogSig.png

So that's your story

Podracer's picture

And you're sticking to it, hm?

"Reach for the sun."

Dorothy

WillowD's picture

Giggle. The moment I started reading this story I started thinking of Gabrielle from the Zena TV series. This story got me giggling. Good one.

Sounds like fun. I hope you

Rose's picture

Sounds like fun. I hope you decide to expand on this.

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary

I have no plans to do so

but it wouldn't be the first time my muse surprised me

DogSig.png

Balance of Power

laika's picture

I hope a bunch of kids got supervillain suits as well
otherwise the heroes would have nothing to do.
This was a fun set up but I'm rilly hoping for
an adventure or 2 for your dynamic duo.
~hugs, your archnemesis The Siren
(Powers: telekinetic control of water
hypno-mind control voice...)

aww, sorry to hear that

I'll send some huggles to poke at your muse

DogSig.png

This was fun!

I was grinning all the way through reading this story. Will there be more? It's cool if you'd like this to be a one-off, but if you're interested in writing more, I'd love to read it. :)

I cant promise, Heather

but if my muse agrees. I'd love to pay this world another visit

DogSig.png

sooo

Amethyst's picture

Amy sounds hot. *giggle* She keeps ending up nekkid huh? Hope she has an exhibitionist streak, like another Amy you know ;)

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

giggles

I dont know if she minds becoming nude. I know you wouldn't mind in her place ....

DogSig.png

Cut Off?

Daphne Xu's picture

Did the FBI cut you off there?

OP Girl's superpowered uniform? "Barbie prom dress" -- would that be a dress that Barb borrowed from Bru but never returned?

-- Daphne Xu

you know how the FBI are

even the adventures of OP girl fall under "national security"

DogSig.png