Understanding Rachel- The other end of the line. Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Tonya fumbled open the door to her house. It may not be a big or fancy house being a 2 bedroom home. But it was hers err his. Mostly hers...his and the rest the banks.

The keys were still in the door lock as Tonya dropped everything, the take home file from work, her err his briefcase which was really a large purse, used, with the long strap removed and dyed black with a shoe marker. The other hand help 3 coat hangers with plastic covering what one would assume was dry cleaning. It wasn't it was the 'New" uniforms for work.

Tonya removed her manly work shoes that killed her feet. She then slipped on a pair of ballet slippers to ease the strain of her poor feet. She was upset still from that rightous pompous ass at work. How dare he!

Getting everything sorted out and in the kitchen along with the almost forgotten mass of keys from the door Tonya went to the fridge to pull out last nights leftovers. Setting the oven on low she removed the plastic wrap and put the plate into the oven to warm.

Next going to her bedroom she removed the tie, dress shirt, dress pants and sport coat of her old uniform. Sitting on her bed she removed her dress socks and put back on the slippers. Removing her sport bra that mostly squished her still developing small a cup breasts she threw that aside. It was then the tears came. The memory of work just spilled over as she sat on the edge of her bed in her panties.

It was a Monday morning much like any others. Martin was going into the office where he answered phones all day and helped customers. The new Office Manager, a nephew of the president, was greeting everyone that came into today. This was really an excuse to inspect everyone was wearing the uniform for work. Thinking nothing of it since he was wearing his normal uniform, clean shirt and tie he went to walk past him.

"Excuse me Marti."he said.

"Yes sir." Martin replied. The nametag N was worn off again.

"You do know that the regulation uniform for women is skirt suit and blouse."he stated. It wasn't really a question.

"Yes sir."repied Martin.

"Very good see you wear one tommorow."

Shocked Martin fumbled a reply that he didn't have one. The Manager just repied to get 3 from stores to replace them. He smiled while he said that. Martin didn't want to lose his job so he agreed. He was upset already so when the girls he worked with, and called him by his real name, saw him it was a round of "Tonya this and poor dear that". This was not helped by two or three others would commented that she should be wearing the proper girls uniform already and to stop pretending she was a guy.

It was the "pretending to be a guy" part that hurt the most. She was a guy dammit! It was the fault of those pills! She grabbed a meat tenderizer mallet and spread the pills on the cutting board ready to crush them. The tears and the pain was too much!

Ring Ring!

Who could that be? With no call display it was hit and miss between friends and telemarketers. I can't talk to anyone right now. Tonya left the phone ring. She looked in the mirror there was nothing to say she was a girl. At least not that she could see. Her makeup, she felt utterly nakid without some, was subtle. Brown mascara on the upper lashes no eyeshadow. Concealer, foundation, and powder to cover the few flaws. No blush and only a bit of lip balm for her dry lips. Nothing that said girl.

"I am a guy. I am a guy." her usual mantra when she was feeling down. She tried as hard as she could to be a guy for work and her father. Yet, as Rachel so often put it, people saw her as a girl anyways. So depressing. Tonya tried to bring down her voice into the normal guy range and practiced speaking like that for a few minutes.

Ring Ring!

The phone was ringing again. Her only guess was it might be Rachel who sometimes called just as she got home.

Putting on her best manly voice she answered as Martin.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Hey girlfriend."Squealed Rachel. She was in a happy mood today.

"Oh hey Rachel and its Martin. I am a boy can't you tell?" still in her manly voice.

"Oh my god!"this was followed by very girlish laughter on the other end.

Dropping to her normal voice Tonya replied" What's so funny?"

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

aww, Poor Tayna

Rachel will have to cheer her up ...

DogSig.png

Curious

Where is Part 1?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Thank You!!!

Such prompt service!! Much appreciated!!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Stupid, *stupid* companies

Brooke Erickson's picture

In a number of Places (Including Washington, Oregon & California) the response to the boss's son would be "No, sir. I'm a man. I will continue to wear the men's uniform."

And any attempt at discipline or firing would result in charges against the company for discrimination on the basis of gender identity.

On top of that, a recent EEOC ruling holds that TG employees are protected all over the US. It counts as discrimination on the basis of sex.

Mind you, many companies haven't a clue. A couple years back someone on LJ asked for help because the manager at the store she was working at insisted that she not use *either* the mens or womens bathrooms at work, but go to one of the other stores in the mall.

It was pointed out that OSHA required employee bathrooms. On top of that Washington state law said that she couldn't be discriminated against because she was trans.

Apparently this "policy" came from regional managers who were out of state. Don't know what happened in the end, but they'd actually been stupid enough to give her a *written* copy of the policy. So if she went after them, they were toast.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks