Ten Years Gone

Printer-friendly version

Ten Years Gone

Author's note. This is the counterpoint to my last story, "Five years Gone." Its a little bit more hopeful, I hope you like it.

Well, well, well. I just looked at the membership file, and I can’t believe its been a decade since I became a member of this site. Boy, has a lot changed in that time, huh? Especially for me. Who would have believed the scared person who still believed she could “cure” herself of wanting to be a woman would be where I am now?

First and foremost, I need to thank everyone who sent good wishes to me and my new bride on our wedding. It wasnt the biggest wedding in history, but it was nice. Of course, the best part was being in matching wedding gowns.

As well as matching things underneath.

I can’t believe how blessed I’ve become. Just when things were at their wost, my beautiful bride came into my life, and turned everything around.

I am beyond grateful for her.

With her by my side, I was able to finally make peace with my past, and start planning a future. She got me to believe in myself, and thanks to her, I’m now a published author, whose books have done pretty good considering trans stuff isnt exactly mainstream.

Of course, it isnt all good news. While Mom was able to attend the wedding, she’s still not used to needing a wheelchair to get around. And of course my ex refused to have anything to do with the whole thing, but that was to be expected.

She’s never really recovered from the divorce or the fact that Samantha chose to live with me, rather than her. Having Sam and my bride at my side when I went for my SRS made the all the trouble it took to get to that point worthwhile.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didnt remember to thank all my friends here, who have played such a big part in helping me get to this point in my life. And rest assured I’m not going anywhere, I’ll keep popping in, now and again, keeping you guys in the loop, and paying back for some of that support by being a support to all of you.

Well, I better sign off for now, but like I said, I’ll be on as often as I can.

Hugs and blessings from Dorothy. (and family)

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Positively

Positively wonderful. I don't have to rewrite this one, so it has a happy ending.

You're a wonderful person Dorothy and you need to remember that!

thanks, Valentine

I much prefer this future, but I guess we'll just have to see, wont we?

Thanks for the support, and taking the time to comment.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Ten Years Gone

GREAT update!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sounds like

Extravagance's picture

a pretty good future. Shall we start making it happen? = )

- - -

BCTS's resident Extravagant Honorable Trans-Cat-MegaTomboy! ;D ...But I do like cuddles from soft but strong arms... ^_^
Honorable_Catgirl.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

sure, hon

we just have to find my bride.

Thanks for the comment, and the support.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Dorothy!

I was really worried! I thought this was going to be even more depressing than the five year story.

I'm glad that you can be positive. Keep up the good work and try to find some LBT sites, bars, meetings, etc. where you could meet prospective brides.

PS, You probably know already, but lots of lesbians don't care at all about ones weight -or- like a gal with some curves and nice padding. ;-)

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Thanks, Renee

At the moment, I dont have a lot of free time to go to those types of places, but that can change.

Thanks for commenting.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png