Dottie's Dance Recital

Printer-friendly version

Dottie’s Dance Recital

Drea DiMaggio couldnt help but beam at her two little charges.

After months of upheaval, both girls needed something to bring them some smiles, and it turned out that taking ballet had done the trick, especially for Dottie.

With the support of her classmates, she was really coming out of her shell, letting her true feminine self show through.

Soon, she was doing the steps as gracefully as any other girls, and the teacher decided she and the other new students needed a reward, so she planned a little recital based on the ballet “Swan Lake” .

That created a small problem for her other charge Jaci, because at first she wanted to play the male lead, but the teacher wanted her to play the “Black Swan” - the daughter of the main antagonist in the story, but Drea was able to head that off by reminding Jaci that this might be a pivotal moment for Dottie, a step that would build her confidence in her presentation as a girl to the point where she could fight those occasions when she doubted herself.

Then the teacher dropped the big bomb - that she was bringing in a couple of boys to play the male parts in the production.

Drea wondered how little Dottie would handle this, but not long after the boy who was to play the prince came, she found out.

Dottie was obviously having a flashback, and the boy took her hand gently and spoke soothingly to her until the flashback stopped.

She thanked him shakily, and then went to Drea and Jaci to re-center herself , but she was blushing every time she looked back at the young man.

Several weeks past, and then the day of the production came.

Jaci was amazingly graceful, but there was no question that Dottie was the star of the show, and her joy at being free to be a girl was like a light that illuminated the whole room.

The play ended, and Dottie and Jaci would be waiting in the dressing room.

Drea hoped that Dottie would like the little surprise she had for them ....

Dottie, Jaci, and the rest of the dancers were in the dressing room, giggling and congratulating each other when Drea came into the room.

“You were amazing, girls. And Dottie, I have a surprize for you.” Drea said, and then stepped aside to let the person behind her in the room.

“M... Mom?”

Dottie’s mother looked ravaged from the cancer treatment, but she managed a smile.

“Hey sweetie. You looked beautiful tonight.”

Dottie blushed, and said, “Are you .... okay?”

“Not yet, sweetie. But I’m fighting. There’s a little girl I want to see grow up. And based on what I’ve seen, and what Drea told me about you and a certain young man, I would say that wouldn’t be too long in coming.”

“Oh mom!”

To be continued .....

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks Dorothy,

Lovely to see our little friends back again with you and 'Drea.
"Swan Lake" is just so beautiful to watch.

ALISON

thanks, Alison!

glad you liked this one.

DogSig.png

They're Back

It is so nice to see this trio back again. I would like to see more of them, but three different authors.....

The little short stories about them are marvelous!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

thank you, Katrina

I keep bugging Jaci for more stories, and I hope one day that Drea will contribute, but for now, I'll keep writing em as long as you keep liking em!

DogSig.png

Short But Oh So Sweet

joannebarbarella's picture

Nice one Dorothy,

Joanne

thanks, Joanne

It was nice to do a sweet story.

DogSig.png

Thank You Again Dottie!

Your story got this old dyke crying with happiness about this episode.

You know, being depressed for me means suppression of my emotions. I guess it was a refuge for me when there was too much fear, confusion, disappointment, etc. [side note:] this is why I'm opposite many (vocal) people about anti-depressants. They say the anti-depressants make them spacy, can't feel anything, etc., but for me, if my meds are working properly, I'm able to experience emotion.

About this instance, I might have been happy and relieved about Drea's last blog. I love her a lot; it's so cool to have Mrs. D helping her Drea "side". I've been trying to be supportive of Drea since she first joined and her blog was sort of like a slow motion breakthrough in her relationship, so also in her TG expression.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Fanciful and sweet...

Andrea Lena's picture

...and occasionally painful as I realize I can't protect them...it's a story, after all, and stories often are kinder and much more hopeful than real life. Love these imps! Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

thanks, Drea

you know your welcome to write a story in this universe any time you want to hon.

DogSig.png

Oh wow!

I'm so glad Dottie was able to handle bein' 'round a boy. Seein' her bein' able to handle stuff like that makes me smile. :D