Beastly Beauty

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

OK I said I'd look silly stealing a twisted idea proposed by Daphne Xu in a comment to a recent blog. With her permission I did it anyway. Of course I added an extra twist of my own.

Belle leaned forward to kiss the ”Beast”. He raised a paw and gently stopped her. In his strong and yet soft manly voice he said:

”I have to warn you. When I was cursed ten years ago the witch told me I had to find love in my heart and be loved back before my 21th birthday, which is tomorrow, otherwise I would stay a beast. A beast I truly was then. The witch made me look like I was inside, in every way. If I found love I would revert to my previous physical form. It may not be what you expect”

Belle: ”I don’t care! I’ll love you in any form!” and firmly pushed away the “Beast’s” paw and kissed him.

The “Beast” started to change. The fur on his body disappeared. The horns fell off. The teeth turned into the most startling white smile Belle had ever seen. The paws transformed into soft dainty hands. The features of the face became much softer as did the skin. Instead of the fur the most luscious blonde curls fell beyond the “Beast’s” shoulders. When the “Beast” said “I love you” in a lovely soprano Belle realized that the “Beast”, while in his heart male, was born in a female body. She could live with that. She truly loved the “Beast” and her Nanny had taught her how girls could enjoy each other in bed. They could surpass this. They could deal with anything. Their love was true and deep!

The changes continued. His body shrank until finally the transformation was complete and he stood in front of Belle in his “pre-cursed” form. Belle suddenly felt repulsed at what she had just thought. No way she could live like that with the “Beast”. It was completely unthinkable!

In front of her was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. That is, the most beautiful ten year old girl she’d ever seen.

Belle was not a child molester!

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not Surprised

Daphne Xu's picture

I can't say I expected the twist, but it makes sense. It addresses the Fridge Logic of the Disney feature: the curse would last for ten years, until his 21st birthday. If he didn't love and be loved by then, the curse would last forever. A little arithmetic suggests that the events of the opening narration occurred when he was 11 or 10.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Alternative Fridge Logic

Daphne Xu's picture

This year being leap year, I thought of an alternate twist outcome of disenchanting the Beast. I didn't post in last February, because I began a story with my own Leap-Year twist. ("The Blind Date") I didn't want to spoil it. As usual, it took a heck of a lot longer to write than I hoped, but it's now posted. So here's my alternate possibility:

The Beast was born on Feb. 29, so he turns 84 or 88 on his 21st birthday. The Prince or Princess could have been a 74- or 78-yo man (or woman). He or she reverts to his/her elderly self when the enchantment is broken.

The disclaimer at the top of the story and a few other things have led me to realize that I have to be careful about speculating on twists or plot points. I don't want to inadvertently spoil a Bru story, or stop him from writing or posting a story.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Well, it can work in two ways

For this story your comment on another story INSPIRED me to write this, once I thought of the extra twist. This is really the more likely outcome.

In one other case you spotted a main element I was thinking about for a sequel. Given how fond I am of writing sequels you "obviously" should have known better :)

Actually, it's difficult to avoid using a plot idea that someone else have spent weeks working on but not yet posted (sorry, SamanthaMD) or snag a title someone had planned to use (sorry again, Samantha). You never know.

Inspiration v. Spoilage

Daphne Xu's picture

It's nice to inspire a Bru story (or any story). I think I inspired a couple stories, if I may flatter myself.

It's not nice to spoil or preempt a Bru story, or any story. Bru usually dislikes writing sequels, and I don't think that other case ultimately harmed. But I really should at least think about the issue, before pounding my keyboard.

My third story here -- "John's Living Nightmare", posted on ASSM in 1999 -- got this in the first comment: "You know, the eeriest thing about this... ...is not the horror that poor John went through in the story, but the fact I had an idea almost exactly like this that I'd intended to submit to a future "Mixed Tape" compilation... I suppose I can shelve that idea now." She did shelve it, IIRC for another reason, but I didn't care to preempt someone else's story.

(Oh, sorry about replying in the third person.)

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Only A Couple Of Years To Wait

joannebarbarella's picture

In medieval times girls were considered to be mature and marriageable at 12-13 years (as soon as they menstruated).

Age of Consent

Haylee V's picture

Comment deleted by author. I realized, after posting (and reading many, many more of your stories), just what a twisted deviant you really are. I LOVE your warped take on things, and now that I know your style better, I'm VERY THANKFUL someone as twisted as you is writing on the site. Please keep writing, and when I need a TZ fix, I'll read. (Rod) Serling has nothing on you, my friend...

*kisses*
Haylee V

PS: The lesson I learned: Don't post comments without understanding the mindset of the author in question.

*Kisses Always*
Haylee V

Warped drive?

For some reason people appear to think that I'm warped, twisted etc. FYI I'm quite straight, actually much straighter now since I started dancing ballet (I've lost of a slight hunch, anyone got an idea where it went?)

However, at times I get this urge to write something silly, sometimes just for fun and every now and then I sneak something else into my stories as well.

No matter how flattered I am by the comparison I noted at least one (well, one among many) significant difference: I'm not nearly as prolific a writer. I'm strictly a moody writer, i.e. I only write when I'm in the mood.

I'm happy that some of you like my stories. I'm pleased if I can contribute to the GNH.

Insincerly yours
Bru

Thankful

Daphne Xu's picture

I don't know if I ever read your original comment. I don't remember it, and I'm dying of curiosity.

This being Thanksgiving, let's all give thanks that Bru is here to amuse us and stun us with his twisted twists.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Back to the witch

for an aging spell.

or...

tmf's picture

for a youth spell.