Crossdress deception

Printer-friendly version

This is not a contest entry.
I possibly could have worked in a New Year resolution but there is NO way I could fluff up this fluff to 2500 words. (Let’s see if I can make that stick THIS time.)

Last week I met my old friend Larry. He was in love. I suppressed an inner sigh. Larry often fell in love and then out again just as quickly. Always very chaste. He really was a 40-year-old virgin. He had very fixed ideas about the object of his love(s). One was that he never wanted to see them nude. And then he had this tendency to fall for the wrong ones.

As soon as I heard the name of the latest, Lärchen Tannenbaum, I knew that the relationship was doomed. I didn’t say anything. I knew from experience that it’d be both futile and put a strain on our friendship. So I just let him find out for himself. He kept on and on about Lärchen’s style, the glamour and glitter, tinder and all that. And the accessories ….

It took only a week, I think when leaving the restaurant where I had treated him to solacing lunch. At first he had been utterly crushed. He started telling me how he had been deceived by this crossdresser. At that point I interceded
“And now for something completely different.”

At which Larry laughed and responded
“The larch!”

Fortunately Larry has a great sense of very twisted humour. After that he perked up and started to see the humour in how he had been deceived by a crossdressed larch. Someone had spruced up this larch into an out-of-season Christmas tree and Larry had been completely fooled.

You see, Larry is an objectophiliac with a fixation on evergreens, hence the aversion to full frontal nudity. Larry usually prefers spruces with abundant needles but I have seen him pine for a pine as well (unrequited). Unfortunately the larch is a DECIDIUOUS conifer.

After that we had a very enjoyable lunch and when we parted Larry was smiling again. It’s really too bad he has this fixation and swings from tree to tree. I have hesitated but I know just the right one for him. Yes, I think I have to introduce him to Eglė. Eglė is very down to earth and extremely stable. Eglė would be just the right one to finally make Larry put down roots.

Vocabulary:
Lärchen (German)– Larch
Tannenbaum (German) – Christmas tree
Eglė (Lithuanian) – A common name for girls/women. Also the word for spruce.

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Blu!

Blu! You did it again. Do you sit at home thinking how you can twist that surprise in?

Blu!

Eep, it posted twice.

Blu!

Eep, it posted three times. Kicks the internet.

To take a leaf from Greybeard

a tree-o posting.

How fortunate that I don't use my real name here. Many English-speakers would pronounce that in a way that sounds like a disapproval, and if repeated ;).
But then you can pronounce most words any way you like in the English languages, or at least in one of them.

As for the twists, they just hit me if I fail to duck.

I'm Going to Go Out on a Limb Here

I read your story while sitting on the throne and had a mass bough movement.

I noticed that it lacks a New Year's Resolution connection and seems to be a bit short of the minimum words required, but keep trying.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

You had to do it

This makes a tree-o of non entries.

Eglė?

I wonder how it (Eglė) sounds for English speaker, how they pronounce it? For me, it's similar to Igel, and both of them have spines, and it may be so romantic in some kind of bruish story...

Anyway, fun reading. Thanks!

It took me…

Robertlouis's picture

…some time to twig, and acacia wondering, and I could be barking up the wrong tree here, but your bark, dear Bru, is, as always, infinitely worse than your bite.

Unless you’d prefer me to leaf it altogether, that is.

☠️

I had expected to be needled for this story

I wasn't wrong as I have logged a number of more or less wooden comments (mostly the latter). However, it all stemmed from the fact that I took a temporary leaf from my senses.

This One Lost Me

BarbieLee's picture

Sweety, I can usually muddle through your upside down, backwards, twisted logic akin to ball of yarn the cats got hold of and played with all day. Put up the eggnog, step away from the gin laced froot cake, and sleep it off. I refuse to follow you down the rabbit hole on this one.
Hugs Bru
Barb
The past is behind us, the future ahead, live the moment for that is where we are.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

To be honest (yes, that happens) this story

is only any good if you understand Lithuanian. This means that the real audience is reduced to two people on this site as far as I know (I'm one of them).

Other than that it's just a vehicle for various puns wich only confirms what a despicable person I am.

Ah! Bru

joannebarbarella's picture

When are you going to stop playing with us and submit a proper entry for the New Year's Contest?

I'm dying (purple) to see the comments you get.

Oh Purple, I Love Purple

Sorry, you just shot yourself in the foot there :)

You Didn't Answer The Question

joannebarbarella's picture

Classic diversion tactic. Move along now, nothing to see here.

I bet Larry is stumped...

But I am sad that in a cross dressing story, with a Python line, lumberjacks never sang....

__

Estarriol

I used to be normal, but I found the cure....

At least you solved the mis'tree of Larry's failed loves ...

... and didn't leave us 'in the larch'.
---
I'm glad Larry doesn't 'drown his sorrows' in gin. Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retsina.
---
Has Larry ever tried a home care/cleaning service to spruce up his place?
---
Going out on a limb here, but Larry is barking up the wrong tree. He needs to stop being a sapwood, learn to go with the phloem, and likely needs to log a lot of hours of support to get to the heartwood of his problems.

Eglė

Daphne Xu's picture

I wonder... Would Eglė be virgin territory for Larry to lay down roots in?

-- Daphne Xu

My mind works in mysterious ways

What do think about when you hear the word "Virgin"?

The answer quite obvious: The Danish West Indies.

Fun fact that I hadn't been aware of earlier: Water Island was not included in the first purchase. It was only added in 1944 when the US paid the same nominal amount, 10 million USD, for that island as for the rest of the Danish colony.

Number 2 . . . The Larch

SuziAuchentiber's picture

Didn't they have any lupins?
Cracking little vignette - thanks for the laughs!!
Hugs&Kudos!!

Suzi