Dear Diary : 2007-11-02

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Friday, 2 November, 2007

Dear Diary
Part of me wishes I'd put off the call to Matthew until today -- or even just waited until school started today. His sister had planned for him to wear her Prom gown from last year today. Hee!

Ah well. He doesn't have the legs for it, anyway. So we... talked.

... and talked...

... and talked some more.

He really is a great guy. Even if he is a goober! So, apparently, it was just a guy thing -- and boys try to make it seem like we're the gossip-y ones -- and he has found out where the rumors started. He wouldn't tell me, but I think I won't have to worry anymore.

The downside is that whole... "Goober's Girl" thing. But... I can live with it. He pointed out that it's better than him being known as something else (Courtney's C...). Which would imply exactly what we didn't WANT to imply!

So, at lunch today, it was the normal group of us again. Matthew reached over and held my hand, and Jennifer just game me this smug look. Oooh. If she weren't my best friend, I'd smack her! Yes, yes, she was right. Shut up, you're just a book -- you'll burn if I want you to.

Tonight after school was the first practice for the Aca-Deca, and whoever does best on the practice test we took on each grade level will be the "starter" for the Quiz Bowl rounds (where you buzz in and answer the questions asked), and the other will be the alternate. The best score overall gets to be Captain for both the Quiz Bowl and the test rounds!

Gotta go, Mom's calling me for dinner.

Courtney

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice & Original

This has been a great read. I wish the diary pages came daily but that is OK. Keep it up Edeyn. You have a winner.
Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

Er... they are daily

Since I've been back they have been, again.

Goober's Girl

terrynaut's picture

Oh no! It's come true! She's a goober girl, or I guess "Goober's Girl." Poor Courtney. Why can't she just be herself? *sigh*

Nicknames are crazy.

Thanks though, and please keep up the sneak peeks.

- Terry