Dear Diary : 2007-09-15

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Saturday, 15 September, 2007

Dear Diary
I had my first ballet class AND my first gymnastics class today.

I.

Am.

So.

Freaking.

Sore.

Seriously. It hurts to write. It hurts to walk. It hurts to lie down. It hurts to breathe. You'd think a mother would be worried if her daughter was dying. Not mine. Nope. She just laughed and said that I'd get used to it! I have a sadist for a mother!

Daddy at least had the decency to pretend to be sorry I was sore. He almost hid his smirk. And I almost didn't hear him giggle when I left the room.

Who needs parents, anyway?

Courtney

up
33 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahhh...

The soreness NOW makes sense. Somehow I read these out of order.

And, yes I can see how that would lead one to be sore...

Annette

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

So did you and your mom get you tights, and a leotards for your classes? or are you wearing gym shorts and sweatshirts? :)

I'll bet you're sore. I'm sore just reading it. you know what they say. . . the second day is always worst. :)

I hope you had fun today.

A.A.

Dear Courtney

Been there.

Seen that.

Got the aches and pains!

What's more, no-one I knew was particularly sympathetic either. Okay, it wasn't gymnastics or ballet it was Shotokan Karate and I felt like I had been hit by a bus afterwards. Not only were people not sympathetic, but they even thought it was funny.

I ask you.

You WILL get used to it though

A. Wellwischer