Dear Diary : 2007-09-27

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Thursday, 27 September, 2007

Dear Diary
Ack. Simone told Mom about the lunchroom balcony! Mom was picking me up and Simone waved at her, so naturally, Mom went to go say, "Hullo," or something.

I just talked with some of the other new girls, and then Mom and me headed home.

In the car, she asked me who Matthew was! I got real quiet, so she knew there was something and then I couldn't make something up, she'd know.

So, I told her about his first day there and that I had decided to be friends with the new kid that was so weird because it was the right thing to do. Then she asked me if he was cute.

It was a trap!

I totally answered without thinking.

Then I realized what I'd said and looked over at her and she had this, "AHA!" look on her face. I have never been so embarassed in my life. Um. Since Tuesday, anyway.

Then to make it worse, Mom told DADDY that I had a boyfriend! He's so not my boyfriend! Well, he's a boy, and he's my friend but he's not my BOYFRIEND for the love of Pete! Daddy got all frowny and started grillng me about Matthew. Did he come from a good family. Is he a gentleman. Who are his parents. Does he have any siblings. I mean, how am I supposed to know all that stuff? I halfway expected him to ask me what the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow was! He kept questioning me until I figured out why.

He believed that Matthew was my boyfriend. I know I must have glowed in the dark, I was blushing so much, but I just went upstairs to do my homework. Which is still sitting on my bed. I'll do it after dinner.

Ooop. Speaking of which, Mom's calling me down to eat.

Courtney

up
42 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Courtney-

laika's picture

That was hilarious! Well probably not to you, but some day you might see the humor in it.
Your dad being such a DAD, trying to keep the ill-intentioned riffraff away from his daughter.
And re: the swallows reference, it's good to see a youngster who's knowledgeable about classic cinema.
~~~keep 'em coming! LAIKA

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

It's a conspiracy I tell you. Either make them eat their words by asking the young man out. See just where his intentions are ;)

Snoops