Dear Diary : 2007-10-15

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Monday, 15 October, 2007

Dear Diary
First day of Spirit Week

Today was Sleepy Day. So, most of the kids (and even some of the teachers) at school came in pajamas and nightgowns. I wore some flannel pajama bottoms and an Eeyore oversized tee, with fluffy slippers. I was gonna loan something to Jennifer, but she had remembered her flannel nightgown that covered everything from her neck to her ankles -- like an old-lady nightie. It was fun.

Comfy, too.

We had breakfast for lunch -- sausage, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, and toast. A couple of the lady teachers had night-masks on. Principal Soames went door-to-door to all the classrooms asking the teachers if they had any creamer for her coffee.

Matthew topped everyone, though. He came in bed.

Yeah, bed.

He rigged it so he could walk and sit in class, but he could make it fold out and look like he was in his bed sleeping!

He definitely got the top prize today.

But he's still a Goober.

Courtney

up
35 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tired smile

Good morning!

Nice entry - sounds like a fun day at school with everyone in the spirit! Matthew may be a goober, but he's an imaginative one!

Good night!

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

Isn't Spirit week fun!!!! I remember our 'Pajama' day. one of the 'goobers' in our school came to school in his mothers flannel night gown, fuzzy slippers, curlers in his hair and a horrible green masque on his face. he was in the marching band as well and was out in first period dressed like that, but in place fuzzy slippers he was wearing rubber 'mud' boots. it was quite the sight.

How is Jennifer doing? Is she upset about her sister's actions? Is she concerned about her sister? just because a sib is 'evil' doesn't mean that you stop caring or loving that sib. How is Lisa? did she come to school in a nightie?

how are your 'other bits' doing? feeling better I hope.

Snoops