Dear Diary : 2007-10-28

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Sunday, 28 October, 2007

Dear Diary
Mom and dad invited Matthew and his family for dinner!

I wanted to crawl under the table and die. They don't know anything about how embarrassing they are. Like it totally just skips over their heads.

I think Matthew was almost as mortified as I was when Daddy did his disappearing fork trick. What, are we 7 years old or something? Seriously! I have to call Jennifer tonight and tell her what's been going on.

Matthew and his sister, Cassandra, went with me to play Tekken Tag in my room (where I totally ruled, thank you very much!) while the 'rents did the "get to know you" thing in the living room.

I thought the worst was over.

I thought the entire night could turn out okay, after all.

Ah, but the world has a way of laughing in my face!

We were playing, and Cassandra was making fun of Matthew because he was horrible compared to both of us, and there was a knock at the door.

It opened.

Mom stood there grinning like... I dunno, do yetis grin?

Then she says, "Courtney, you know better than to close this door with a boy in here -- no hanky panky!"

I wanted to melt into the rug.

I think I tried.

Cassandra giggled so hard she snorted.

I glared at her.

I looked over at Matthew...

and the GOOBER was grinning from ear to ear at me! AUGH! Boys SUCK!

Courtney

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Just give a few years

Just give a few years Courtney, your total outlook about boys will change. Altho, some boys will still suck. J-Lynn

Cooties!

erin's picture

Poor Courtney, just barely past the cooties stage of thinking of boys as disgusting aliens. LOL.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Teenage Trauma

terrynaut's picture

Not the disappearing fork trick!?! Courtney could be in therapy for years after that. heh

Seriously though, if Courtney doesn't grow up and listen to the hormones sing, she's gonna miss out. *sigh*

Thanks and please keep up the good work. I love the guilty pleasure I get out of reading these diary entries. :)

- Terry

Privacy!

I always find it funny how parents are so suspicious in these stories. Perhaps it is the way of life in the States and UK. In Finland the door would always be closed to: 1) keep parents out; 2) keep siblings out. As for hanky panky - when one's parents are in the same house? No way...

I think mom was simply teasing as she propably quesses that Matthew is very important as in FIRST LOVE! Superb writing and it does catch a teenage mind pretty nicely.

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

I always had to keep the door open if their was a person of the

KristineRead's picture

opposite gender in my room. Heck, even when we spent the month or two living at my parents before our wedding, that was the case, and I was 22 at the time! We moved into our first apartment when we got back from our honeymoon.

Hugs,

Kristy

disappearing fork trick?

Sound cool! And what's "Tekken Tag"? (Just for us oldies who aren't 'with it'!

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Tekken Tag (Reply to jenny_1938)

It's a video game. You play a character that's fighting against either the computer or another player in a martial-arts free-for-all. You control a second character that stays off-screen until you tag them in. Tag-team.

Tekken is a series of these fighting games and the Tekken Tag uses the characters from Tekken 3.

tekken tag

The game was on the playstation 2 and I remember it fondly and still have my for my playstation 2. Also there was anime series produced on the game.

Jenna From FL.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.