Dear Diary : 2007-10-17

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Wednesday, 17 October, 2007

Dear Diary
Third day of Spirit Week

Today was Movie Character Day. Me, 'Nessa, Jennifer, Lisa, and Hayleigh all came as Disney animated characters. I was Alice from Alice in Wonderland, 'Nessa was Jasmine, Jennifer was Belle, Lisa was Yzma, and Hayleigh came as Snow White. No one else put a lot of effort into costumes, except... that's right. Matthew won AGAIN!

He talked some upper classmen into joining in, promising them they'd win the group prize.

He came as The Dread Pirate Roberts, black clothes, mask, all the great quotes and able to pull off the look.

Then he went and topped it.

He staged scenes from The Princess Bride all through lunch!

First, he had the swordfight with Carlos Vega as Inigo Montoya, using the tables as terrain and executing the lines and choreography perfectly, using the wooden training swords from the Fencing Club.

Next, he had the wrestling match with "Tiny" Simms as Fezzik the Giant. Tiny is a senior, and actually over seven feet tall. Big guy. They bounced off of the pillars and Tiny ended up sprawled on the ground and snoring (I think he was faking, but I'm not sure).

And then he sat down and had the battle of wits with Fred Meijer as Vizzini the Sicilian while they actually ate their lunch! Fred's bald-cap wasn't all that convincing, but as a whole they were awesome.

Yes, they won the group prize... and Matthew won the single prize.

Again.

Goober.

Courtney

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I've not been to a costume party in decades.

*sighs* Not to imaginative either. But, I've seen some pretty elaborate ones. One girl came to school as "Mona Lisa" and stayed in character all day... Another year, she came as the daughter from the "Adam's Family". I've seen someone arive as a bag of m&m candies even...

Sounds like the goober has an awesome head on his shoulders.

Annette

I noticed it was just 'goober' this time

I think our heroine is beginning to thaw towards the flamboyant boy, maybe even she, yuck, ack, gag! likes him?

As my heroine Joanie would say, "to heck with his head, what's he got between his leg ..." Okay, she's not really cut out for celibacy, you know.

As to my new girl, Ginanna,

ICR: Ginanna

"You're sure he's going all this to impress you, Honey? Sweet, but watch your back, he may want something you can't yet give him as a trans girl and you'll get hurt. Once the word is out who you really are, your life will be hell. *I* know, little one, oh god do I know what bastards your so-called friends can be. One stupid rumor and they turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs. I sure hope you don't end up bitter like me, damn them to hell!"

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

U-u-uh?

John, who or what is IPC, and who is Ginanna?

KJT

Close your HTML tags!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

like little hersheys hugs

laika's picture

I've coming to enjoy these quick sketches so much.
I guess good things really do come in small packages.
(And being short, no matter how busy I get with this new
story of mine I can always keep current on them.
~~~Hugs & welcome back, Edeyn /// Laika

More Please

terrynaut's picture

I want more please. :)

Hugs

- Terry

Thursday

These will resume daily. You may have missed the one just prior as it was posted the same day as this one.