Dear Diary : 2007-11-13

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Tuesday, 13 November, 2007

Dear Diary

Okay. So. Jennifer, Lisa, 'Nessa, and Hayleigh wouldn't let him avoid me today. They ganged up on him and cornered him in the courtyard.

They started yelling at him and he was confused as to why, and when they figured out that he didn't know what they were talking about, they clammed up and dragged him over to me.

Turns out... he didn't hear anything.

He's been avoiding me because his mom and dad told him he had to.

The whole jumping on top of the van thing got him in some serious trouble at home. And they were afraid for me, too. They told him it was better to have a 'clean break' and just avoid me.

We talked. He didn't want to avoid me, and he and his parents like my family, but they said he had to stop talking to me even. They're the ones that told him to turn around and go the other way if he saw me in the hall.

So, after school, after Aca-Deca practice, I found out that the four girls had kept him waiting for me.

They stood just out of earshot on the school front lawn to make sure we talked.

From his point of view, that day, he saw the weirdness happening and climbed a tree and called 9-1-1. He jumped onto the van and it took off. He tried to let go, but his backpack was caught on the vent/window thing on top. So he slipped off and... well, he didn't hear anything that I was worried about him hearing.

About that time, Mom pulled up.

I looked at her.

She nodded, and then turned off the car and pulled out a book.

I looked back at the boy sitting in front of me... the one that I had finally admitted that I was falling for...

I told Matthew that I had to tell him something important.

Courtney

up
31 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Courtney Avoidance Confusion

terrynaut's picture

Okay. Just why did Matthew's parents insist that their son avoid Courtney? Is it because they're afraid she had psycho relatives? That's the only thing that comes to mind. I hope it's explained better in a subsequent entry because it's odd.

Oh yeah. Courtney? You could've picked a much better place to end the current entry. :p

Thanks and please keep the entries comin'. Please!

- Terry

Happy

This is just so wonderful. Not only he didn't turned her down because of her little medical condition, but he still likes her (if not more, we never know). What need explaining, and I agree on that, is why his parents convinced him not to see her again, and why did he accept.

Relief, life's great after all.
Continue enjoying it :)

Mildred