Dear Diary : 2007-10-05

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Friday, 5 October, 2007

Dear Diary
So. Everything is going happy and shiny and yay, right?

Shyeah. Right.

And Kermit never had a single problem running the Muppet Theatre.

Some GOOBER (I'll kill him) nominated me for the Freshman representative and candidate for Homecoming Queen. Nominees were announced after lunch and when sixth period came around, Mrs. Worthing sent the class to the library for an extra study period except for me. No, I couldn't go and enjoy the accoutrements of the library. I got an hour long lecture on how "risky" it would be for me, and that I would be depriving a "real" girl of the opportunity and how she expected me to decline the nomination Monday morning.

I mean, I don't really want it, but that old bat just told me to my face that I wasn't a girl! Why is it she gets to know about me, again?

She just kept on and on and on and on... I couldn't help it, I was crying by the end of the hour. When the bell rang I just scooped up my stuff and went on to Biology and ignored all of Mr. Towers' attempts to find out what was wrong with me. There was Gymnastics after school and dinner after that, but since the talk with Mrs. Worthing, I just feel... empty inside.

More tomorrow, someone's knocking on my door and I think it's Mom.

Courtney

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I must say...

I sure missed a LOT of stuff, while I was lost in the wilds of Canada. Okay, not wild, it was a nice big city. But the hotel ISP SUCKED!!! And I missed all my friends for a week, and I had all of this story to catch up on...

Where to start. Lisa, like wow. The Goober? That, we saw comming. Slumber party. NICE. Specially Her best friend getting to join her for an extra day. The Homecomming nomination... And that MEAN, HORRIBLE teacher...

You pile things on in such a short time, don't you... I hope there's a better connection THIS week. So I can keep up. :-)

Annette

Even tho she is in the "know

Even tho she is in the "know about Courtney, it seems Mrs. Worthing has her own agenda regarding her or she would not have brought up "the real girl" issue. Courtney needs to talk to her Mother about this and get all of it "squared away" before she has real problems confront her and possibly those very problems coming from school staff. J-Lynn

Damn!

That teacher could be charged with child abuse if this keeps up.

An hour long tirade? Someone likely could have overheard, what if it was a creepy boy? The teacher is setting her up to be beaten or killed.

Wow!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

In the Ozarks portion of the Midwest US...

when a high school kid says "hour" they mean the same thing as "class period" -- and she had to be called in.

A class period, when there are 7 periods in the day, varies from 47 to 53 minutes, or 50 minute average. Say with time to get the roll-call taken, then dismissal of the other students, then talking to Courtney alone... it was probably closer to a half-hour tirade... but still not cool, for the reasons you mention and others as well.

A REAL girl??

Who the hell does she think she is talking to? Pinnochio's sister?? That woman needs some sensitivity training, or something! Maybe a new profession, since she is obviously an imbecile.

Elandria

Are you sure that we are awake? It seems to me that yet we sleep, we dream...(A Midsummer Night's Dream)

Elandria

Are you sure that we are awake? It seems to me that yet we sleep, we dream...(A Midsummer Night's Dream)

I had the same teacher,

Once.

Different issue, but definitely at least a twin.

Sarah Lynn