Dear Diary : 2007-10-29

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Monday, 29 October, 2007

Dear Diary
School. Same old stuff.

Except for the rumor mill.

Omigawd.

So, I'm walking down the hall toward my 3rd period class, and I overhear a conversation.

One guy saying to another, "That kid, Goober, I think. You think he pulled off the date with that hot frosh chick? Borrowing the tux from the drama department was smooth. I gotta remember that."

And then the response... made my stomach sink through the floor: "Dude, I heard she fell all over him and nearly begged him to take her in the theater. It's true. My buddy works as an usher there. Any chick that good looking is gonna either be easy, frigid, or lesbo -- and dang near the whole school has seen 'em kissing, so the second and third're out. I bet her panties were left alone at home on Friday, if you know what I mean. Heh heh heh."

So, I've been on a total of one whole date and I'm already 'easy' as far as the boys in school are concerned. I wanted to scream and I wanted to pound those guys for saying such things!

What the heck? This is the most sexist crap ever! I mean, look, they're admiring Matthew, and I'm a slut?!? We didn't even do anything! I'm sorry I ever went on that date! I'm sorry I ever thought anything good about young mister Podnick! I was working myself into a pretty strong mad-on and realized I still needed to get to class.

I turned around and went the other way. This is all that... that... that... that Goober's fault! If I see him in the next few minutes, he's getting a swift kick to the crotch!

I seethed almost to the point of blind rage.

I don't remember anything that I was supposed to learn.

When I got to lunch, and Matthew was sitting at MY table, I dumped my tray over his head and went to get another. He had the audacity to follow me and ask me what he did wrong!

Why do boys have to be such... boys?!?

The rest of the day wasn't any better. Instead of people figuring out that my 'tantrum' at lunch meant that Matthew was spreading LIES about me... him... us (Ew! That makes it sound like we're a couple!) -- me and him(!), everyone is assuming I wanted more! Like I'm some kind of wanton sex maniac or something! It's not just the boys, it's the girls, too!

I ended up running out of 6th period when Ms. Worthing smirked at me, like she knew I would be that kind of girl! I spent most of the period and most of 7th period crying out in the courtyard under the hedge. Mr. Towers came out and sat down next to me and talked. He really listened. I guess he's not just a big dumb jock, after all. He said he'd stop anyone in his classes or on the field from spreading the rumors. He asked me straight out if they were true. When I started screaming at him, he stopped me and said he didn't think they were, and that he'd let me sit out there the rest of class if I wanted, but I needed to come in and get my assignments after the last bell and the buses had left. Now I feel bad for what I thought about him before. I ended up going back in around 5 minutes before the period was over and just slinking to my desk and staring out the window.

Maybe I will be a lesbian. Boys are too much trouble.

And Matthew Podnick is a Goober!!!

Courtney

up
38 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Poor Goober

erin's picture

And poor Courtney. Hard to find out about the double standard at such a young age. Keep'em coming.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I Heard a Rumor

terrynaut's picture

Awwwww. It'll be okay Courtney. This too shall pass. Maybe you should've confronted those two boys. It's best to squash rumors as early as possible. *sigh*

Hey. Where's Snoops? I heard a rumor about Snoops that I hope isn't true. I don't want to say what I heard in case it isn't true though. Poor Snoops. *giggle*

Thanks! Please keep 'em comin'. :)

- Terry

She should've...

...slapped the shit out of the loud-mouthed creep! There is no telling how much trouble in this world has been started by backbiting.

You Should Get a Diary with a Lock

Dear Courtney,

I am really enjoying your story though, I guess, you should get a diary with a lock. Like, everyone is reading it! But enjoying it and looking forward to the next time you leave it out for us to sneak a look.

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)