Dear Diary : 2007-09-08

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Saturday, 8 September, 2007

Dear Diary
Bleah! I was horrible! Well. Maybe not horrible, really... but compared to the other girls trying out for anything, I was way outclassed! There was a senior girl there with the most amazing voice, I'm pretty sure she's gonna get to be Ado Annie.

Anyway, just trying out was fun! Mom took me to the audition and afterwards she took me to see Doc Gwen for my appointment. Then... it was only NOON! Wow. So busy and so much stuff done so early on a Saturday.

Doc Gwen was full of questions about my first week of school as me, and told me that even though the school has so many students -- there's around 7500 kids in all four grades -- that I may be recognized as Ethan at some point. Kinda gave me a weird, hurt, feeling to have her refer to me even sideways as Ethan. I told her that. She smiled and patted my hand and told me that she'd have trouble seeing me as anything but a girl and that she just had to bring it up so that I wouldn't be blindsided. She was right, but wow. That just was so weird. I mean, she's called me Courtney since my very first appointment with her! And that was over three whole years ago!

She also asked me if I'd tried to talk to 'Nessa and Hayleigh. I told her no, because I hadn't seen them. She warned me to avoid them for awhile. I mean I never told them my name or anything, but they knew I wanted to be a girl. I guess because they never saw me or anything, Doc Gwen is scared of how they'll react.

Well, Mom and me are going to go and grab take out from the sushi place (I love chopsticks!) and surprise Daddy over at the hobby shop where he's supposed to be doing the "miniature war games" with his friends. I don't know why he's so insistent that it's "miniature war games" and can't just call it what it is. Toy trucks, army men, and toy tanks. Sometimes, they have robots big enough to stomp on the tanks, too.

Ooh, I hope we get extra wasabi, they never give us enough. I like making people's eyes bug out when they see me eating it, and I'm sure the adults at the hobby shop will freak!

I'll see ya tomorrow!

Courtney

up
35 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Courtney

I'm sorry that you didn't feel you did so well in the audition, but don't like give up altogether. I mean, this was just the first attempt--right? Better luck next time.

I suppose with so many students, it is likely that you will be spotted at some point--law of averages and stuff I think it's called, but I hope that doesn't get heavy or anything.

Thanks for the heads up about Mercedes Lackey, I looked her up on-line and from what I can see, her books would be interesting. I'm a David Eddings fan, so those sound right up my street. When I will have the time to read them though . . . that's a whole 'nother thing.

Oh well, enjoy your sushi. We don't get that where we live. I guess the nearest thing we have are like rollmop herrings and other pickled seafood, but then I do live away from the big city lights where such delicacies might be found :)

Have a really good day, I'm off to watch a Grand Prix.

A. Wellwischer.

Collectible Action Figures

Not Dolls or Toys!!! LoL!! I just had to laugh at your description of miniature gaming. My wife-to-be made that remark as my gaming friend and I played a quick game of Hero Clix waiting for our regular RPG session to begin. Well maybe now I know why I have such a large collection!

In a way its nice she didn't get the part. Somehow it made her seem just more like any other girl which of course she is. I think I would be a nervous wreck wondering when someone would recognized me!

Hugs!
grover

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

Sometimes when we feel we've done our worst, we are actually doing quite well. Haven't you ever taken an exam and felt that you bombed it, only to find out that you actually did quite well? I think the same thing goes for audtions. I'm pretty sure, your drama instructor wouldn't have given you the part to try out for, IF she didn't think you could play it. Remember, to give it all you've got and be the best that you can be.

I know what Doc Gwen said was hurtful, but she is correct in her warning. I belive she is just showing you a reality that you might be overlooking while you've succeded so far in being yourself. ;) I'd ask her if it wouldn't be better to have 'Nessa and Hayleigh meet you someplace to allow them to re-introduce themselves to you. that way there wouldn't be a big awkward moment or blow up at school, if or when they discover and recognize you.

Raw fish? you eat raw fish? on purpose? yuck! no wonder you like a lot of wasabi, just to burn some of the nastiness out of your mouth.

I'm sure you'll be suprised when they post everyone's parts in the next week or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Snoops