Dear Diary : 2007-11-15

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Thursday, 15 November, 2007

Dear Diary

I'm really not sure how to take that.

I mean, school today was weird... everyone was kinda doing the stare thing when Matthew and I were holding hands openly... but that's kinda to be expected. Jennifer, Lisa, 'Nessa and Hayleigh teased us at every opportunity. But I don't care.

I have a Matthew. Hee!

First Aca-Deca meet is Friday (tomorrow!), and I'm all nervous.

Anyway.

So we get picked up by his parents and they take us over to my house.

Mom was totally Donna-Reeded (even if that's not a word/phrase, you're my diary, and can't complain. You know, lacking that whole sentience and verbal skills thing) and was wearing -- I swear -- a black dress with pink microdots, pink HIGH HEELS (I didn't even know she OWNED any heels anymore, since she threw most of 'em away after that whole dress code thing last year...), and had the perfect makeup, hair, nails, thing going on. And ... she was wearing an honest-to-Obama string of PEARLS.

Whoa.

Daddy was even more corny and hokey.

He had a pipe.

He doesn't smoke.

I thought it was just prop to chew on.

It was a stinking bubble pipe.

My parents are weird.

Okay, so we sit down and we have the talk with Matthew's parents.

And we talk.

And we explain.

And they react...

Oddly.

I think I was the most normal person in the dang house.

And I mean really... I'm ME.

So that's saying a lot.

And at the end of the evening, when they're getting ready to leave, his parents go and get all embarrassing.

His mom says, "Well, I guess this answers the question about whether they've had sex or not..."

And while the two of us are standing there trying to out redden each other, it gets worse!

His dad says, "Hey yeah! We don't have to worry about pregnancy."

It may not have been so embarrassing, but MY parents were laughing along with them.

I came upstairs and started writing this.

I'd like someone to repair my parents humor-kabobble dohickey.

Please?

Courtney

up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Reason for parents

Parents exist for two reasons, to procreate and then to embarass their children in front of their friends. If Courtney is lucky, in about 10-15 years they'll become normal again.

Yuri!

Yuri!

No. They never stop

No. They never stop embarrassing you, you are just too busy embarrassing your own to care anymore. CaroL

CaroL

From Generation to Generation

RAMI

When you are a teenager your parent's embarass you. When your a parent of a teenager, they think you are embarassing them (yeah thats what you really wanted to do). So its something passed from one generation to the next for ever.

Rami

RAMI

What about ...

What about Matthew, what's his reaction? Did he survive this?
I guess if he went mad, we would know. But still, how does he accept this?

Mildred

Memory Fragments

terrynaut's picture

I smell Swiss cheese here. *sniff* *sniff*

There are more holes than you can shake a stick at!

I, too, would like to know about Matthew's reaction. It sounded like he took it well enough though. I'm sure Courtney would've let us know if he didn't.

Parents. Yeah. It's not the humor kabobble dohickey that's wonky, it's their child embarrassment knobble thingamajig that needs tweaking.

Thanks for another interesting diary entry. Please keep 'em comin'. :)

- Terry

I've got the giggles......

The phrase "honest-to-Obama" had me laughing for about ten minutes straight. And that's not even getting started on how Matthew's parents comments went down..........................

Let us all be thankful we didn't have Matt's parents' with their sense of humor when we were kids.