Dear Diary : 2007-11-25

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Sunday, 25 November, 2007

Dear Diary

I spent most of today trying to keep from crying.

I woke up to a brick being thrown through my window.

Mom and Dad were in there before my feet hit the floor. There was some weird guy yelling about how the Devil never rests on the Sabbath, and so he wouldn't either. Yelling all kinds of crazy things.

Then I realized he was yelling about me.

Because I'm "an abomination" or something.

So... God doesn't love me? I thought God loved everyone?

I was freaking out and then a car pulled up and Simone jumps out and TACKLES the guy, and he fights her off and runs away just as the cops get there -- Dad had called them, but I hadn't heard.

Simone knew the guy and the cops went to get him and he wasn't where he should've been. She knew he was going to do something like this and tried to stop him.

I have no idea what's going on.

But I don't think I wanna go to church anytime soon, if God hates me like that guy was saying.

Courtney

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahhh!

Poor Courtney! I hate the way some people use religion to justify hurting people.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I suppose this was inevitable...

... still a bit sad that a bigotted idiot has found out about Courtney. I wonder how they will do damage control as lots of people must know about her (a man shouting out to the world must have told others and they ...). Wonder how the things are going to go in school???

Perhaps the story needed a bit more "umph" - I just hope the romance is not forgotten or even destroyed by circumstances!

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

to paraphrase Bukowski

laika's picture

People who call other people an abomination usually are.
Wonderful to be reading Courtney's Diary again!
~~~hugs, Laika.

.

(Actual quote: "People who call other people "asshole" usually are."
Then again, the drunken uber-misanthrope Buk was no prize himself...)

Not Fun

terrynaut's picture

Grrrrr! In my experience, a person will very often accuse others of what he or she is actually guilty of. It's a strange thing but it happens. I'm not sure why. Maybe someone else here can explain it.

Religions have forced me to become agnostic. I refuse to believe that God would create imperfect beings and then punish them for being imperfect. But I cheated and skimmed as I went back to read earlier entries. I think the next entry addresses this so I will move on.

Thanks again for sharing slices of your life, Courtney! :)

- Terry